AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-21, 17:54   Link #81
Shadamehr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Mm. I disagree. Shikamaru & Kiba stalling until help arrives - especially since they weren't expecting help - not really a big Win for the Leaf ninjas.

I can't possibly think of how Temari used a good amount of brainpower in defeating Tayuya, what with the Super-wind attack and the summon.

Same with Kankurou - one quick capture and it was all over...

Gaara most definitely did not favor brains over power in his battle with Kimimaro.
My main point though, is not necessarily that every fight is intellectual, but that not every fight is just 'bust out level-up/fusion/combination power that makes you really strong'. Shikamaru and Kiba stalled against much more powerful people because they identified weaknesses in their opponents' techniques. The point of Temari vs. Tayuya was not that she outsmarted her, but that her style was well suited to beating Tayuya's style, even though Tayuya was likely much stronger.

Kankuro and Gaara were sort of like non-fights, since their opponents were well worn. But the point stands, very few fights are just 'power up and compare energy levels'.
Shadamehr is offline  
Old 2004-12-21, 19:00   Link #82
Revelater
Super Pervert
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
wow.... you all are truly losers.... you are trying to realistically analyze an anime that has sealed deamons, deadly farts and chakara.... you guys need some reality.... or common sense... or both.
Revelater is offline  
Old 2004-12-21, 19:34   Link #83
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelater
wow.... you all are truly losers.... you are trying to realistically analyze an anime that has sealed deamons, deadly farts and chakara.... you guys need some reality.... or common sense... or both.
Too bad that common sense does not work on the Internet or else you'd have just left the "truly losers" on their own. Or is it that you do not understand that people are trying to analyze a character's growth in an anime with anime measurements (we are not comparing Naruto to real life)? Oh well, maybe it's just me and I need more reality, more common sense or more sleep... or maybe all of it

Now that I've said that, let's go to the real content of the post:

You who you all participate in a discussion are not losers but worse: n00bs! I hope you just die and... die again or... umm... that reality gets ahold of you, you miserable Narutards... or both! Oh yeah! I said it!

...what?!
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline  
Old 2004-12-21, 20:35   Link #84
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Well I didnt miss the point of his essay but I find that the sharing of his ludicruously long essay is cliched. There have been countless people in here (including myself) who had started a new thread criticizing the short-comings of naruto.

In reality however, no one gives a shit about what I think as long as I disagree with them. If I say Naruto is the bomb, I will get showered with congratulations, while if I say Naruto sux ass, they will either flame me or give me a page long "reasonable" arguements to counter me.

What I'm really saying through all this is that there is no point in telling people why you don't like Naruto when the answer is obvious....at least thats my standing on this.

P.S.- I don't think ebony was zealously bashing it because he actually gave a well supported/debatable arguement in stead of saying "Naruto suxors....."
It seems like we agree mostly actually.

I just liked all the little contradictions pointed out and listed. Some of those flaws in Naruto I completely forgot about until I read this ...

Anyway ... I think everyone needs a rant once in a while ... especially when it's written in an educated format. And it did strike a general discussion about the show. I just hope Ebony understands that logic should not be applied to anime, once you start doing that you enjoy the show less ... and less ... and less.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline  
Old 2004-12-21, 21:13   Link #85
upncoming88
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Wow..thats a lot of in-depth thought for a manga. I would just say just enjoy it. It's a anime/manga geared towards a younger audience, so of course it will lean towards un-realistic ideas and thoughts. Just think of it this way, its a fantasy, and those stories almost always potrays what we "would like" to happen rather than what would "most likely" happen. It's a grandoise, idealistic view of things -- meant to play on our hopes/dreams.

For instance, why do you enjoy action movies...when what usually happens is one guy going against a group of armed thugs...and somehow ends up winning a shoot out. I don't know about you, but i enjoy it purely for the action, and maybe slightly because it plays to my hopes/ideals...that if i was in that situation and i was fighting for something i really cared about...i too would be able to win on courage alone...that i was the good guy and would then obviously be the victor. Face it, nobody likes to see the hero beat.
upncoming88 is offline  
Old 2004-12-22, 10:01   Link #86
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Then you should try countering the arguments of other people who brought up a lot of different things than the "Naruto is only 12 years old!!!" argument
Ha ha. Nice challenge. I'll live up to it. In fact I've had a word document sitting on my hard drive with a reply in full to your post. It's been sitting there for almost a week now and wasn't put up because it wasn't even finished. I just got home for winter break and am working a full time (well...32 hours a week) job. I'll try to find the time after work to complete that reply and get to some other interesting issues brought up.

I also felt compelled to address that issue because it deals with 10 posts without requiring much on my part.
EbonySeraphim is offline  
Old 2004-12-22, 11:16   Link #87
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
Ha ha. Nice challenge. I'll live up to it. In fact I've had a word document sitting on my hard drive with a reply in full to your post. It's been sitting there for almost a week now and wasn't put up because it wasn't even finished. I just got home for winter break and am working a full time (well...32 hours a week) job. I'll try to find the time after work to complete that reply and get to some other interesting issues brought up.
You won't believe it but that was exactly what I was expecting. I could kinda imagine you sitting in front of the PC and writing another Word document (no kidding!).
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline  
Old 2004-12-22, 20:45   Link #88
p_mcmanis
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-1
i didn't read all of it, but i will agree that naruto charging in and getting his ass kicked in the beginning of every fight, waits for his opponent to tell their life story so he can recover, and then use kyubi to beat them, does get old.

fortunately, they have a lot of other cool characters in the anime that keeps me watching.

heres my problem, naruto is so immature and cant shut up, and before you say all anime charecters are like that look at shinji from NGE, a really original charecter for action anime, someone who hates themselves so much they cant talk, all Im asking for is for naruto to think before he talks
p_mcmanis is offline  
Old 2004-12-22, 23:20   Link #89
brassmonkey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
it's his character!! he is so outgoing and explosive, it doesn't really make him weak. its those outburst which drives him to be stronger and stronger and influencing others not to give up etc... remember the chuunin exam? where he didn't even bloody answer any question but pass anyway?

but i like neji's coolness and his lack of talk
brassmonkey is offline  
Old 2010-12-29, 23:22   Link #90
Anubis4272
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
I dont want to sound like a downer, but I liked the first season I guess u would say. the one were u find out about his life story, the whole nine tale demon. It was cool, and now they are just dragging there feet until one of the writers goes "hey I got some thing new". I think stories like this one dragged on and on end up all the same. The "hero" either dieing for those he loves or just plan killing him self to "protect" the world. Either way I think that naruto is just a child at heart and thinks he is almighty, and he might as well be labeled as one. But as people have said it dose get some what old lol.
Anubis4272 is offline  
Old 2010-12-30, 01:20   Link #91
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Age: 23
Damn how did this thread get brought back to life.
LadyKikyo91 is offline  
Old 2010-12-30, 05:43   Link #92
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
How does a six year old thread get brought back to life...?

Geez. Naruto has changed since then... well, a little.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline  
Old 2011-01-24, 19:51   Link #93
Anubis4272
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
I gave it LIFE!!!! breath!!!!! lol actually naruto has not changed what so ever it still has 4-5 episode long fights about how they will defeat one another. lol
Anubis4272 is offline  
Old 2011-01-28, 09:53   Link #94
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
I never disliked Naruto much. Frankly, the way his childhood was, he couldn't have turned out any better. Look at Gaara. And Sasuke, I guess.
He coped with his problems better than they did in my opinion. He's just kind of annoying (which isn't that abnormal for kids). The other two have slightly stunted emotional capacity and murderous tendencies.
Not so normal :/
__________________
Avira is offline  
Old 2011-01-28, 11:01   Link #95
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
I never disliked Naruto much. Frankly, the way his childhood was, he couldn't have turned out any better. Look at Gaara. And Sasuke, I guess.
He coped with his problems better than they did in my opinion. He's just kind of annoying (which isn't that abnormal for kids). The other two have slightly stunted emotional capacity and murderous tendencies.
Not so normal :/
pretty much this .. there's no reason to dislike naruto .. but yeah, he is annoying a lot of the time to me .. it's not THAT bad, but out of the 4 bigger shonen protagonists that usually come to mind (Goku, Luffy, Naruto, Ichigo) he is definitely my least favorite
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline  
Old 2011-01-29, 18:01   Link #96
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
pretty much this .. there's no reason to dislike naruto .. but yeah, he is annoying a lot of the time to me .. it's not THAT bad, but out of the 4 bigger shonen protagonists that usually come to mind (Goku, Luffy, Naruto, Ichigo) he is definitely my least favorite
I get what you mean, but Kishi seems to love making people into @ssholes sometimes. Take Sasuke and Sakura for instance. Sasuke is an egocentric emo who can do anything with a snap of his fingers and Sakura is(well, was) a whiny, superficial and useless stereotype of a girl.

They are the main characters and the majority of the people want them to be killed off.
__________________
Avira is offline  
Old 2011-02-06, 23:10   Link #97
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
I never disliked Naruto much. Frankly, the way his childhood was, he couldn't have turned out any better. Look at Gaara. And Sasuke, I guess.
He coped with his problems better than they did in my opinion. He's just kind of annoying (which isn't that abnormal for kids). The other two have slightly stunted emotional capacity and murderous tendencies.
Not so normal :/
Indeed. I like him a lot because he actually knows humor and that humor made him survive, made his character immune to the destruction strong bad feelings can cause. He could have turned into a freaking maniac, a psycho who hates everyone, but he didn't simply because of his reality. He had different eyes and was able to see that there are people who care for him while Sasuke was blind to even the most obvious signals.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline  
Old 2013-04-23, 13:23   Link #98
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
To summarize my answer: No.
amaterasu4 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.