AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 24 26.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 20.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 16.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-06, 00:29   Link #181
Asuras
Dictadere~!

A white glove?
If that was the US South in the 1700's, then they'd be in a pistol duel to the death.
Laura vs Ichika; tonight beside the riverbank. Bring your wives.
Old 2011-02-06, 13:55   Link #182
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
hmm... that’s quite debatable.

It is usually more about chemistry amongst the cast but whether character is a wuss in a harem series they usually develope a backbone in trying to protect the heroine even if they are weaker, cliché yes but that’s the usual route.

While Harem lead might share different personality. Their goals are the same.
This however will never change: Dense -> indecisive-> face palm when it's about romance.

on-topic I'm rooting for Laura Bodewig one of the best entrance I've seen in a while.
True, it is a bit of a debate... it's a battle between weenie protagonist vs dense protagonist.

As a personal preference the weenie grates on me much much more. I'm a bit of a male chauvinist, and I get angry seeing a man not acting like a man
Old 2011-02-06, 14:36   Link #183
Lou0wnZ

My thoughts on this episode:

It's now obvious that Ichika is gay, for several reasons, like blushing when Charles said that to him, NOT blushing OR noticing when Houki asked him out(dense beyond belief). Or, grabbing his hands fully knowing he is a guy( when it's pretty obvious he/she is not). I bet the animators think we will be surprised with the huge "plot twist" on the next episode.

When he accidentally grabbed the teacher boobs, they, out of jealously and TSUNDERENESS, attacked him WHILE ON THE FREAKING IS. Of course, he would die, taking that blow,since he wasn't on a IS. But since this anime's plot and characters are insane, they don't really care about it. And apparently they know the teacher(really...) would protect him or something.

And finally, AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN, a new student(new ideas please), who slaps him in the face out of f*cking nowhere. Well, we ALL KNOW she is going to enter his harem.

As if 2 TSUNDERES aren't enough, they had to show another girl which, obviously, is going to to go tsundere and will fall in love with him.

I can already the see the development: She challenges him,and, for some unknown reason, loses and recognizes him as a person worth being her(his sister, forgot her name) brother(what a bitch, really) and eventually falls in love with him.

Well, I'm sorry girls, he plays on the other team.

Obviously, the author of the series suck on making a good story or original/memorable characters, the only thing he knows how to do is comedic situations, which were the highlights for this episode.

So far, the ONLY character I liked was Charles. He isn't annoying, talk like a normal person and it's not insane.

And I wanna bet: The new girl will fall go tsundere in max 2 episodes. OR 3, since the plot is inexistant anyway, they still have a lot of time to put useless stuff =D

Overall, I think no one should take this seriously, it's just a silly anime. We need better harems on Japan. Like Shuffle, for example.
Lou0wnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 14:37   Link #184
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post

As a personal preference the weenie grates on me much much more. I'm a bit of a male chauvinist, and I get angry seeing a man not acting like a man
I can relate. There are couple of shows in this season that I would have enjoyed a lot if not for the male lead. Freezing is one such example. Ichika is far from it. He might interrupt the girl if she is about to confess, or will appear to be deaf when her mumbles are actually loudly spoken words of affection, but he doesn't appear the type that is unreasonably attracting the opposite sex.

After all, he is one of a kind who can operate a mecha strictly suited for girls. The closest comparison would be wearing a pair of woman shoes and looking good in them. Ladies dig that.

Ichika is alright!
Old 2011-02-06, 14:41   Link #185
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou0wnZ View Post
It's now obvious that Ichika is gay
Personally I'm thinking he's the "I don't love nobody." type. As in he has no feelings for either sex.
Old 2011-02-06, 15:21   Link #186
Lou0wnZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Personally I'm thinking he's the "I don't love nobody." type. As in he has no feelings for either sex.
Assuming that is true, way to make him more ridiculous than he already is.

But, how do you explain when he blushed about what Charles said to him?

Obviously, he is not, since this is HAREM anime. But if we go with the facts, it's fun to see that he is =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
After all, he is one of a kind who can operate a mecha strictly suited for girls. The closest comparison would be wearing a pair of woman shoes and looking good in them. Ladies dig that.

Ichika is alright!
Nothing changes the fact that he is a character with no personality whatsoever.

And besides, ALL(but one) of them knew Ichika before he could use IS. I understand the fanatism of the girls on the academy though.

I won't be surprised if the author pull off another childhood friend on Ichika to add to his already huge harem.

Last edited by Lou0wnZ; 2011-02-06 at 15:46.
Old 2011-02-06, 15:28   Link #187
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

And he clearly had a boner when Houki was changing in the same room as him in episode 3. But it's clear we're just joking around here...
Old 2011-02-06, 15:44   Link #188
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Assuming that is true, way to make him more ridiculous than he already is.

And besides, ALL(but one) of them knew Ichika before he could use IS. I understand the fanatism of the girls on the academy though.

I won't be surprised if the author pull off another childhood friend on Ichika to add to his already huge harem.
Actually, i can explain that. No, ichika is NOT gay. He is flustered, but he is NOT blushing due to romance. Remember what he was flustered about, when Ichika was being complimented.
His osana Najimi enjoy pointing out faults to him, "You blockhead", "idiot", w/e names or adjectives you put here, but they don't compliment him much, Ichika may have low self esteem and also he has high expectations for himself (being Chifuyu's little bro and all). A compliment threw him off because he wasn't expecting it and because it was rare for him to be thanked.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 15:46   Link #189
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Guess they couldn't convey the awkwardness any other way.
Old 2011-02-06, 15:50   Link #190
Lou0wnZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
His osana Najimi enjoy pointing out faults to him, "You blockhead", "idiot", w/e names or adjectives you put here, but they don't compliment him much, Ichika may have low self esteem and also he has high expectations for himself (being Chifuyu's little bro and all). A compliment threw him off because he wasn't expecting it and because it was rare for him to be thanked.

Man. That was...sad. But yea, that's true. Like i edited out on my second post, I wasn't really being serious about he being gay(it's just that I'm so mad at him lol), but I still didn't understand when he blushed.

Seriously. Your explanation was sadly correct. Poor guy o.o

Congratulations on getting some logic explanation out of this anime

Anyway, I guess it's his fate being sweared at, surrounded by tsunderes and all. I would put an yandere there to kill'em all.
Old 2011-02-06, 16:11   Link #191
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Agreed. Then again personality really isn't a core issue for a show that emphasizes on why a dude who can operate IS molded after the ladies can be considered cool. Perhaps the author values guys who got in touch with his inner feminism and hence, rewarded him with a harem that is still growing. If I continue on that line of thought a little bit further, it seems the show is rewarding our hero for cross dressing.

Quote:
And besides, ALL(but one) of them knew Ichika before he could use IS.
So that's why Houki is such a good cook! She was the only one that was able to spend sometime to improve her cooking skill pre-IS era. Other girls weren't as lucky.

Quote:
I understand the fanatism of the girls on the academy though.
Yeap... girls love guy who is in touch with his inner feminism. The dashing good look and the only sperm producer in the bunch also help. I'm also hoping he will be wearing a dress during the course of this series.

Quote:
I'm so praying for the French dude who is really NOT a dude turns out to be the third osananajimi who developed affection for Ichika when she collided with him 10 years ago on her way to the bathroom and never saw him again until this episode. I also know I'm grasping at straws here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
.... But it's clear we're just joking around here...
Phew...
Old 2011-02-06, 16:24   Link #192
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
I'm so praying for the French dude who is really NOT a dude turns out to be the third osananajimi who developed affection for Ichika when she collided with him 10 years ago on her way to the bathroom and never saw him again until this episode. I also know I'm grasping at straws here.
Im thinking Charles is actually a chick... the way she acted around Ichika in the dressing room. I mean look how fast Charles change out of her clothing!
Old 2011-02-06, 16:56   Link #193
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
Im thinking Charles is actually a chick... the way she acted around Ichika in the dressing room. I mean look how fast Charles change out of her clothing!
Charles lack of bulge even under a skin tight spat was quite disconcerting. Visual demonstration in the following:

Credit goes to Ichika for openly staring at Charles crotch. We, the viewer, would have completely missed it otherwise.

If Charles is still not a girl, then the safest conclusion is he is an efficient tucker.
Old 2011-02-06, 20:22   Link #194
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
From what I gather, Ichika is actually an attractive male specimen, but that doesn't help that he's as dull as a doorknob.
Old 2011-02-06, 20:32   Link #195
n120cky

From what I see Ichika is only happy because there was another male student beside him, well you know, male need to hang out with another male friend (like Ichika on his day off visiting Ran) and he doesn't have it on his school now.

Ichika is not the type of pervert character so that's why he looks like "don't love girl" guy. It would be different if Ichika has the characteristic of Tomoki .
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 22:50   Link #196
Lou0wnZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
OH SHI*T. How did you figure THAT out?!

Quote:
hahahaa. Instantly LOL. Good one.

Sad at the same time tho, thinking that this could easily be true.
Old 2011-02-07, 02:15   Link #197
Funkatron
Nyow I get it

Send a message via AIM to Funkatron
To me it seemed rather obvious French guy/girl is getting close to Ichika for the French governemnt. It makes the most sense. What weirded me was that there wasn't enough "Wait, what another guy?" suspicions going around.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 02:37   Link #198
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

Actually i think it could turn itself around here if the inital trick was that Charles was supposed to be the first "guy" but Ichika beat him to it and that's why it seems 'he' has no clue what he's doing. But that's probably not gonna happen...
Old 2011-02-07, 03:06   Link #199
Funkatron
Nyow I get it

Send a message via AIM to Funkatron
My theory is that a new "guy" has appeared to get closer to Ichicka. You have two basic strategies to get closer to a guy in a school full of girls: have your spy romance him, which is a gamble or have another "guy" to befriend him. Someone oviously chose the latter.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 05:35   Link #200
neowind

it looks good. they have the whole team set up now. just like in the first episode where it show a little preview of the whole team / so now on to how they will become a team^_^ but over all nice eps. it pretty much set up everything with out making it seem it was rushing it to fast XD
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote