AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-07, 05:43   Link #81
neowind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SO CAL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
This is definitely starting to become a fanfiction thread. I suppose we need one nao?

Quick draw-up for Osirus:



Meh...
thats a pretty neat drawing! XD very cool!
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 07:26   Link #82
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
- Kuudere
- Single Ponytail to the bottom of neck (takes it off if she does a full transform, retains it in partial transform)
- Lawful, hardworking - basically the total opposite of Karon
- Often skewed and totally wrong interpretation of interactions between others e.g : thinks that Houki actually slept with Ichika, who is the sub to his sister Chifuyu, etc.
- Shows a yandere streak when using Blind Horizon
- Uppity when it comes to dealing with "bad students"
- Cosplay victim. Of almost anyone who brings her shopping.
Really quite the opposite. Imouto is seldom serious, and even the real personality of Karon "is a slacker and can only be bothered to do something if it furthers her own goals."




~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

Spoiler for IS: Shooting Star - Shift 00:


Forget everything that has been released earlier; this is the finalized version of my main ISOC!
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-08 at 19:06.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 08:19   Link #83
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
As it was requested, this thread will now serve as a place to discuss both character creation and fanfics. All the rules of fanfic threads will be carried over to this thread and have now been included in the first post here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...01&postcount=1

Be sure to read them in case you are not familiar with them.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 11:27   Link #84
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Added the rifle grenade. Screw it, without a drawing pad or scanner I can't draw out the schematics properly. It is named HELIX after its payload.



1. HELIX (High Energy Liquefied Ion eXplosive) Warhead with nanite detonator
2. Stabilising Fins
3. Primary Charge
4. Gyroscope/Navigation Computer
5. Solid fuel and aviation motor chamber
6. Firing fuze for motor
7. Camera/Target designation receiver/Contact fuze

When the grenade is fired, it is guided to its target. When it hits the shields or the target, it automatically triggers the primary charge which sprays the liquid ion explosive onto the shield, and being electrically charged, it sticks to the shield by electrical polarity. It is then fired by a nanite detonator in the warhead, resulting in a conventional blast wave that overloads the shields due to immense kinetic force and knocks the pilot backwards.

If the IS is caught with weak shields, the remaining blast wave will bypass the shields and shatter the pilot's bones. If the IS is without shields, the entire mech and pilot will be blown to bits by the immense blast wave.

Mechanism for firing guided grenades :

1. Attach and twistlock the grenade to the barrel, which automatically engages the rifle to SAFE.
2. Push the charging handle forward and flip down the notch (like the MP5 charging handle bolt holding notch at the back) to lock the fuze to the barrel.
3. Aim, lock on, and fire.
4. Remove the remaining fuze for recycle/disposal.

Note : The HELIX is banned from tournaments due to its destructive nature. They are put back on the production line after the appearance of robotic and rogue ISes.

Here are the temporary specs for MEISTER :

Caliber : 8x42mm (bullet x cartridge length)
Ammo types : AIS (HP* cartridge), Ball (MP* cartridge), Blanks, CO2 LP* cartridge paint (yes you heard it right, PAINT)
Firing Mechanism : Gauss action driven firing pin on conventional cartridges
Effective range : AIS - 2600m, Ball - 1300m, Paint - 200m, HELIX - 5500m
Magazine : 40 round quadstack STANAG.

Power from the LAD is routed to the barrel to fire the HELIX. Consequently, the electrified barrel can also be used as a non-lethal stungun in situations where lethal force is not permitted.

And consequently, Rachel uses it as an "anti-hentai" weapon against Ichika and Charles alongside the paint rounds.

* implies -
HP = High Pressure,
MP = Medium Pressure,
LP = Low Pressure.

HP cartridges use a different primer and an explosive grade propellant, and since it isn't gas tap operated, no worries about gas pressures not cycling the next round in when chambering lower pressure cartridges.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-02-07 at 11:56.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 16:24   Link #85
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Deserted Temple
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post

How he gets sent in the story plot: Alex was sent to monitor Ichika from the shadows as the Omega Division was assigned to deal with the attackers that are after Ichika.


Now... I should learn to draw. X_X
I'd be more impressed if you would write it out. The premise is lazy as they come, but what the hey, if you're willing to put the effort to put concept to practice, hats off to you. On the other hand, the IS concept is kinda interesting. I wouldn't mind throwing Rheinhart against it for a fun cat and mouse game, until somebody gets cornered. Then, it'll be time to see who's the Manlier Man in a Dark Cloak (TM).

...Hell, I need some guest characters anyways. If you don't mind, I might just feature Alex in a IS League exhibition match, except since this is IS: For Answer-verse rules, he'd be using a Missing Number IS (namely your titled No. 98 "Belial" whose stats actually mesh well with typical Missing Number designs). Shoot, his profile practically screams LYNX anyways (Warning: he might be a little unhinged, and the onus is on you for picking a name like Belial), so at least he won't be a IS pilot for plot contrivance's sake.

No promises on who wins this doubles bout, but it will be fun.
__________________
JamesEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 18:13   Link #86
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Guys, I'm working on an Index page for all the characters and stories in this thread, so if you could link your profiles and state with world you belong to (Canon Universe and JE's Mirror Universe), that would be a big help.



@Saintess: That would help being scientifically correct while writing. Again, it's too deadly to be used in Academy Authorization, but under Presidential I certainly see Sherry and Hokusui (Hockswee) using the RGG launcher component.



@Terminator: Which world would he be on?
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 19:23   Link #87
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
My characters would fit somewhat in the JE universe, although the introduction of the League may change some things

Spoiler for Interior Union's new toy:
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 23:59   Link #88
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
How would an IS version of the Sinanju fare against the other canon IS ?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSN-06S_Sinanju
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 02:13   Link #89
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
My characters would fit somewhat in the JE universe, although the introduction of the League may change some things

Spoiler for Interior Union's new toy:
I haven't been following what the heck is going on with the Mirror Universe, so you'll have to brief me about it. What is this League?

And just for me to get this straight... the Mirror Universe is attacking the Canon Universe now?

Damn, I really should have recruited Sisko for this job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
How would an IS version of the Sinanju fare against the other canon IS ?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSN-06S_Sinanju
How would we know? It's up to you to write it.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 02:31   Link #90
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Well I need help in figuring that out..........
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 02:37   Link #91
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
A Sinanju-IS would be a kind of red heavily-customized Rafale-type IS armed with standard equipment of rifle, bazooka and sword. Like the original, it depends on the pilot to be awesome, or a flop, since in Gundam terms pretty much everyone's IS is equipped with a "Psychocommu" system in terms of responsiveness.

That's why I said it's up to you to write it. It's a balanced machine, which would give it flexibility when going against specialists, but it involves plot, and is pilot-dependent.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 02:48   Link #92
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Well I'm thinking that it would have superior manueverability and speed, balanced ranged and CQC weapons, but weak defensive capability.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 05:27   Link #93
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Hmm so its speed... I can't really tell, all the IS seem capable of moving fast. Even Yamada fares well at that aspect.

Meanwhile, I realized I missed out a small note about mass-production models: they cannot be stored like personals. Maybe we could handwave it for more advanced MPIS. After all, canon seems to enjoy overly gimping the competition just so that the protagonists look good (when they're really really bad). With a good pilot, a 3G IS can surmount a 4G after all.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 05:27   Link #94
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mauritius
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
I'd be more impressed if you would write it out. The premise is lazy as they come, but what the hey, if you're willing to put the effort to put concept to practice, hats off to you. On the other hand, the IS concept is kinda interesting. I wouldn't mind throwing Rheinhart against it for a fun cat and mouse game, until somebody gets cornered. Then, it'll be time to see who's the Manlier Man in a Dark Cloak (TM).

...Hell, I need some guest characters anyways. If you don't mind, I might just feature Alex in a IS League exhibition match, except since this is IS: For Answer-verse rules, he'd be using a Missing Number IS (namely your titled No. 98 "Belial" whose stats actually mesh well with typical Missing Number designs). Shoot, his profile practically screams LYNX anyways (Warning: he might be a little unhinged, and the onus is on you for picking a name like Belial), so at least he won't be a IS pilot for plot contrivance's sake.

No promises on who wins this doubles bout, but it will be fun.
I ended the "how he gets into the plot" thing quite quickly because I was getting tired. I am currently working on an update for him. This char was originally intended to fit into the original storyline, but I've seen your fan-fic project and though "interesting", so I might right two complete bios for him. Will keep you guys updated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Guys, I'm working on an Index page for all the characters and stories in this thread, so if you could link your profiles and state with world you belong to (Canon Universe and JE's Mirror Universe), that would be a big help.



@Saintess: That would help being scientifically correct while writing. Again, it's too deadly to be used in Academy Authorization, but under Presidential I certainly see Sherry and Hokusui (Hockswee) using the RGG launcher component.



@Terminator: Which world would he be on?
He's in both worlds... Although there are different versions that is.
Currently planning for (cannon version is lighter, because his mission partner is still alive). In JE's Mirror Universe, she's dead, and he's much grimmer)
__________________
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 06:12   Link #95
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Hmm so its speed... I can't really tell, all the IS seem capable of moving fast. Even Yamada fares well at that aspect.

Meanwhile, I realized I missed out a small note about mass-production models: they cannot be stored like personals. Maybe we could handwave it for more advanced MPIS. After all, canon seems to enjoy overly gimping the competition just so that the protagonists look good (when they're really really bad). With a good pilot, a 3G IS can surmount a 4G after all.
The Night Fury's ( the black colored Sinanju type IS) primary advantage over the other IS is it's speed, agility and reaction times. But that is also it's greatest weakness because the intertia dampener for the suit isn't quite perfected yet. At maximum acceleration the pilot would experience up to 12-14Gs.

It has weak defensive capability because most of the power is diverted to the suit's powerful engines and thrusters. It doesn't matter how powerful an enemy weapon is if they can't hit you.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 06:38   Link #96
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
He's in both worlds... Although there are different versions that is.

Currently planning for (cannon version is lighter, because his mission partner is still alive). In JE's Mirror Universe, she's dead, and he's much grimmer)
I do hope that the mention that he and she came from the Armored Core universe are left out. You can recreate the technology using IS after all. Even handwave removing the software bugs in an IS core allowing a male to pilot it, as long as he is kept hidden.

Otherwise, the Canon Universe is much less forgiving in terms of crossovers. I'm okay with shoutouts, but no more than that. Things that blatantly break the rules, like having giant mecha walk the Earth, interdimensional teleportation, invasions from the mirror universe into the canon universe, I'd rather they not happen. Or rather, they will be walled off into another alternate alternate universe that looks like the canon universe but its not The Canon Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
The Night Fury's ( the black colored Sinanju type IS) primary advantage over the other IS is it's speed, agility and reaction times. But that is also it's greatest weakness because the intertia dampener for the suit isn't quite perfected yet. At maximum acceleration the pilot would experience up to 12-14Gs.

It has weak defensive capability because most of the power is diverted to the suit's powerful engines and thrusters. It doesn't matter how powerful an enemy weapon is if they can't hit you.
I see what you did thar.

It's a go man, go make your profile and join us in The Canon Universe.




~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

Also, new character! This time for JE's dark world where there is only war...

Spoiler for Knight Rider Decade:
Hope you guys don't mind me messing things up on this side. After all, Riders are a kind of IS powered armor that men are much more comfortable with.

Oh and I will personally see that any of you trying to come through the walls into The Canon Universe will have your asses Rider Kicked.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-08 at 07:01.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 06:51   Link #97
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Would it be all right if my character looks like the Fullmetal Alchemist but has a different type of personality ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 06:54   Link #98
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Mine's a recolored imouto thanks to my limited artistic abilities, so why not?
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 07:34   Link #99
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philippines
Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Spoiler for Philippine Representation 1:


Only time would tell how this will add up.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 07:35   Link #100
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mauritius
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I do hope that the mention that he and she came from the Armored Core universe are left out. You can recreate the technology using IS after all. Even handwave removing the software bugs in an IS core allowing a male to pilot it, as long as he is kept hidden.

Otherwise, the Canon Universe is much less forgiving in terms of crossovers. I'm okay with shoutouts, but no more than that. Things that blatantly break the rules, like having giant mecha walk the Earth, interdimensional teleportation, invasions from the mirror universe into the canon universe, I'd rather they not happen. Or rather, they will be walled off into another alternate alternate universe that looks like the canon universe but its not The Canon Universe.


Read my char bio carefully, his mecha is another IS, a higly retrofitted version of the Core N.98.
I've made no shoutouts to armored core (Because I believe that AC is in a universe of it's own. NO MEDDLING AC with other universes...), and am planning to stay on the "canon world" path, because interdimensional telportation and invasions from the mirror universe all belong to A.C.E's job... not mine.

Currently updating the info on his mecha and working both bios for "canon" version and "JE" version.
__________________
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.