AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2010-07-18, 21:08   Link #121
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm just happy I went through all the listings on scarywater a few months back and picked what I was missing. In particular, the demise of scarywater makes finding old Ureshii subs, like Dennou Coil, more problematic. I hope Frostii decides to make the Ureshii releases available someday if scarywater is truly deceased.

Ureshii's 1080p rips of Ghost Hound are truly beautiful. I've already bought the DVD boxes, but I suspect I'll be giving them to someone at Xmas because I'm going to "double-dip" and buy the Blu-ray set when it comes out in September if they're actually in 1080p.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2010-07-18 at 21:23.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 01:24   Link #122
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I've sent another mail to mxs, hopefully he has some time to help me host the site. If not, hopefully he'll allow me to host a mirror of the Scarywater - I did a full site rip back in March.

In the meanwhile all torrents hosted on Scarywater are now queued for a "rescan" by the AnimeSuki scripts, which means they're probably going to be marked as "dead" soon.
GHDpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 19:15   Link #123
spawk

I, too, sent mxs an e-mail about the matter back in March, asking about the machine horsepower and bandwidth required, and inquiring about the possibility of transferring the domain to me so that service may continue more-or-less uninterrupted. I never got a reply.

I am an adept UNIX system administrator, network administrator, and programmer, and am considering writing a replacement and hosting it, if the bandwidth I have access to is sufficient (horsepower is cheap).

I don't want to commit to the work unless people are going to use it, though, so the question I have is: is this something people want? Indeed, there are a lot more anime-related trackers now than when scarywater came online, but did people consider it especially well-suited for what it did?
spawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 14:51   Link #124
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawk View Post
I am an adept UNIX system administrator, network administrator, and programmer, and am considering writing a replacement and hosting it, if the bandwidth I have access to is sufficient (horsepower is cheap).

I don't want to commit to the work unless people are going to use it, though, so the question I have is: is this something people want? Indeed, there are a lot more anime-related trackers now than when scarywater came online, but did people consider it especially well-suited for what it did?
I think there still is a need for more diversity in anime trackers, because at the current rate NyaaTorrents is quickly becoming the next Scarwater in terms of the amount of "eggs in one basket" - to many torrents on one site could be a real problem if such a site ever goes down.

I was thinking about creating my own tracker site (sort of a NyaaTorrents clone) myself as well (from scratch) a few months ago, but I kinda lost interest along the way.

Anyway realistically it might be worth asking in the Fansub Groups subforum whether there is a need for another tracker and the what that tracker should/shouldn't (be able to) do. It's the fansub groups that will be the most important users of any tracker - if they don't like it, you're wasting your time.
Old 2010-07-24, 13:18   Link #125
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

scarywater.animesuki.com is now live.

All links on this mirror are currently being added as alternative links on AnimeSuki. This means that if no better link is available (for example if the fansub group moved their torrents elsewhere) then you will be able to download the torrent from the mirror instead. Effectively this means a lot of links that were marked as "link has stopped working" will now be re-activated.

For an example of the impact of this new mirror, see this page turn from "gray" to "blue" again in the next few hours:
http://beta.animesuki.com/group/Ureshii?dead
Old 2010-08-26, 09:30   Link #126
Shin-san

Yeah, I thought that I would have a "plan B" but the guy that owns the domain forgot to renew, so I'll be looking for another host. I did a website rip of scarywater as soon as I found out as well, though there doesn't look like there's anything it has t hat the asuki rip doesn't.

It's also not too bad to automate a way to change the tracker info in the .torrent file
Shin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 16:47   Link #127
Iskandar Taib

The torrents are available, but since no one knows about them, there are no peers.

Iskandar
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 08:57   Link #128
tyciol
*Artist

I am glad that AnimeSuki backed it up =)
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 09:37   Link #129
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Somewhat a necropost -

Thank you for mirroring the old torrents. I always enjoy older series (as an old time fansubber).

I notice a few of the torrents on the mirror has:

tracker.scarywater.net

as the only tracker - which is gone for good. I wonder is it all right to upload those torrents on the mirror to say nyaatorrents, and use their tracker? I do wish people able to download some of these series (and I do have some bandwidth to use). I would not mind uploading, but I am not sure if it is all right to submit a torrent anonymously for a group that I do not represent.

Of course, one can always fall back to DHT... but I think it is always nice to have a real working tracker :3
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 02:39   Link #130
bayoab

Please remove all the Zoku Zetsubou Sensei torrents from the afk mirror. There is a good reason behind this.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 05:56   Link #131
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Done, but I took the easy route and simply only deleted the torrent files.
Old 2013-02-07, 14:27   Link #132
RocketLauncher

Question

Bringing up this old thread because the mirror tells me to go here.

How about you wget all the torrents and then replace the tracker with publicbt and openbittorrent by using http://publicbt.com/tracker_modify.html? A lot of these torrents have been reuploaded elsewhere and I think it'll be a good way of keeping them alive if we connect them with recent trackers. Sometimes it's hard to get them through just DHT.

Not that people use scarywater these days (I don't either), but I thought I'd bring it up here because I can.
RocketLauncher is offline   Reply With Quote