AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-08, 20:24   Link #461
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Good news for LN reader. IS vol 7 is scheduled to come out on 24th of March. Can't wait to see the how that cliffhanger turns out XD
So IS's new volume is to come out on March too? Sounds great news to me as well as for another series I'm following right now.

Too bad I don't have any IS novels available locally in my country's Kinokuniya branch yet, else I could go and flip the pages a bit to check out stuff. (I don't dare to buy it though...)

Long live summaries!
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 21:46   Link #462
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Well, March this year is the month of great LN XD. Index(I think?) new volume will come out that month, so is Durararara and Hidan no Aria. And now IS XD.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 22:42   Link #463
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
So IS's new volume is to come out on March too? Sounds great news to me as well as for another series I'm following right now.

Too bad I don't have any IS novels available locally in my country's Kinokuniya branch yet, else I could go and flip the pages a bit to check out stuff. (I don't dare to buy it though...)

Long live summaries!
which part of the world are you in? my guess is that you can still order from them, they will ship it from Japan, literally, so you may have to wait. even though mine has IS (though out of stock already), a lot of LNs I have are shipped orders via Kino.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 23:50   Link #464
demonfang
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Spoiler for vol 6 chapter 4 summary:
Spoiler for correction:
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 00:54   Link #465
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
which part of the world are you in? my guess is that you can still order from them, they will ship it from Japan, literally, so you may have to wait. even though mine has IS (though out of stock already), a lot of LNs I have are shipped orders via Kino.
Nah. I know I can do so, but that'll imply that I'm buying it. Which is what I don't want to do actually

I'd rather see a title already on the shelves, take a peek into it and scroll along the pages to see interesting stuff. My knowledge of Japanese is insufficient to read LNs as if I'm reading an ordinary text...

(plus I don't have my own fundings to even buy a tankoubon, which is cheaper than a LN )
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 01:24   Link #466
neowind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SO CAL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Could we have a summary of events from light novel 5 and 6? I am pretty sure it was posted before, but I forgot which page.

I am starting to think that Yamada is affiliated with Phantom Task. (again, just a speculation)

oh men that would be interesting.though i am not surprise and some other shows sometime have the girl with the glasses or the guy at the end have that person working with the other side.like that girl from code gese i remember she was part of the empire and she really hated the japanese. anyway i guess the next volume will explain..hopefully..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Phoenix group? do you mean Phantom task?
yeah thats what i mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Time to continue with summary. Due to a good suggestion by a member here, I'll quote all my previous summary with each new one to make it easier to follow XD

Spoiler for Summary Before:


And now to continue with chapter 4 that is long overdue

Spoiler for vol 6 chapter 4 summary:


Gonna continue with part 2 (Ichika's birthday party) and epilogue tomorrow.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask would you rather me try to give proper translation of volume 6 chapter 1 with the possibility of covering the whole of vol 6 (which might take some time) at baka-tsuki or continue with detailed summary of volume 5?

i think continue with the detailed summary like u been doing. work fine^^. u can also add part you enjoy . but yeah i think ur doing fine and as princess cradle i believe that how u write it. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfang View Post
Spoiler for correction:
ah XD
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 02:04   Link #467
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfang View Post
Spoiler for correction:
Ah yea, I somehow miss which person is talking. It's Tatenashi IS that used to be called "Deep Mist from Moskwa" and now called "Mysterious Lady" (Damn LN for not giving any indication who's speaking currently XD)

Edit : 1 day passed and no post beside mine O_O. Interest sure dies fast in this series XD. Oh well, time to finish the summary.

Spoiler for Summary Before:


Spoiler for Volume 6 chapter 4 last part and epilogue:



That's all. Hope you enjoy my summary. Feedback is welcome so I can apply it when I do vol 5 summary or vol 7 summary next.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-02-10 at 10:42.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 15:08   Link #468
Javiersansano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chile
Thanks for the job man, really appreciated. It is a shame that the volume ended right there, leaving so much suspense, bit I can imagine a few possible outcomes from this

Spoiler for spoiler for possible outcome:


So, what does everybody think?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 17:44   Link #469
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Thanks for the job man, really appreciated. It is a shame that the volume ended right there, leaving so much suspense, bit I can imagine a few possible outcomes from this

Spoiler for spoiler for possible outcome:


So, what does everybody think?
I think there's a bit of symbolism involved. Seeing as the one that attacked him was "Chifuyu", there's definitely going to be some growing tension between the two, and may result in the final "separation" from his sister to find his own path and not under the shadow of his sister.

Of course, this may involve that Ichika may develop darker tendencies now. Oh please do!
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 20:40   Link #470
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Well, not going to speculate here since vol 7 is just 1 and a half month away(but 2 and a half month before my copy arrive T_T). I'll try to give a short summary of things one I get my hand on it before making a detailed one.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:50   Link #471
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Thanks for the job man, really appreciated. It is a shame that the volume ended right there, leaving so much suspense, bit I can imagine a few possible outcomes from this

Spoiler for spoiler for possible outcome:


So, what does everybody think?
Spoiler:
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:59   Link #472
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Spoiler:
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 22:05   Link #473
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
okay... so thats what it was...

ichika...

Spoiler for ...:


so the other girls are backing down?
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 23:58   Link #474
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
backing down from whom? All the girls just want to give some times to each other alone because its a special occasion. They all get their alone time though so it's still hard to decide a winner. And about taking laura, why would you need an escort just to buy canned juice from a vending machine 2 blocks away from your house, Madoka's appearance is just unexpected is all.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 00:58   Link #475
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
backing down from whom? All the girls just want to give some times to each other alone because its a special occasion. They all get their alone time though so it's still hard to decide a winner. And about taking laura, why would you need an escort just to buy canned juice from a vending machine 2 blocks away from your house, Madoka's appearance is just unexpected is all.
no.... not the main harem.... the girls of the school....

i am assuming ran is part of said harem....
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:01   Link #476
Shiki Nanaya
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Volume 5 LN Summary?+Some Questions about the harem

Thanks a lot for the Vol.6 detailed chapter summary you guys! I was wondering if anyone has posted for Vol.5 summaries? I searched the whole thread and couldnt find it, and I dont think it is posted in BakaTsuki yet. Sorry to be a burden, but I hope someone can post chapter summary of Vol.5

Since I know from what a lot of LN readers mentioned that the anime will most likely cover only up to Vol.4, and so its fine not to have Vol.1-4 summary since it will eventually be covered by the anime, but for the volumes beyond that, a summary would be greatly appreciated. It doesnt have to be right away mind you, since theres still around 6 episodes left for the anime so anytime after that, a summary for Vol.5 and 7 (when it comes out) is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Now on a separate note, this was mentioned in Wiki, can you guys verify if this is true? Since I havent really read much topics about Tabane (Houki's sister), but is it true that she may have feelings for Ichika since it was mentioned she wanted him to be his boyfriend if she wons the Kendo tournament or something? If so, when did this happen in the novels?

Also a side topic, this was mentioned in the anime when Rin showed up, Ichika mentioned that Rin is still uncomfortable with his sister Chifuyu, any reason why?

Also it was mentioned here (i believe in Vol.6) that Rin and Ran had always competed for Ichika way before right? I saw in the anime that Ran also has a restaurant (just like Rin had before) so I guess there was always a competition of where Ichika would eat at or something? So does the other girls know of Ran's existence? besides Rin and Charlotte that is. I'm more interested to know if the tsundere childhood friend #1 (Houki) would know of perhaps another childhood friend (#3?) which would be Ran? Or would she not be considered as one? I thought that she would be because Ran is the sister of Ichika's buddy Dan right? Since the two knew each other long before, I can only imagine that Ichika would have been long friends with Ran as well making her a childhood friend #3 lol. It's only too bad that she's a year younger and has not yet played a major role (or has she in the LN? please correct me if im mistaken).

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:18   Link #477
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiki Nanaya View Post
Thanks a lot for the Vol.6 detailed chapter summary you guys! I was wondering if anyone has posted for Vol.5 summaries? I searched the whole thread and couldnt find it, and I dont think it is posted in BakaTsuki yet. Sorry to be a burden, but I hope someone can post chapter summary of Vol.5

Since I know from what a lot of LN readers mentioned that the anime will most likely cover only up to Vol.4, and so its fine not to have Vol.1-4 summary since it will eventually be covered by the anime, but for the volumes beyond that, a summary would be greatly appreciated. It doesnt have to be right away mind you, since theres still around 6 episodes left for the anime so anytime after that, a summary for Vol.5 and 7 (when it comes out) is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Now on a separate note, this was mentioned in Wiki, can you guys verify if this is true? Since I havent really read much topics about Tabane (Houki's sister), but is it true that she may have feelings for Ichika since it was mentioned she wanted him to be his boyfriend if she wons the Kendo tournament or something? If so, when did this happen in the novels?

Also a side topic, this was mentioned in the anime when Rin showed up, Ichika mentioned that Rin is still uncomfortable with his sister Chifuyu, any reason why?

Also it was mentioned here (i believe in Vol.6) that Rin and Ran had always competed for Ichika way before right? I saw in the anime that Ran also has a restaurant (just like Rin had before) so I guess there was always a competition of where Ichika would eat at or something? So does the other girls know of Ran's existence? besides Rin and Charlotte that is. I'm more interested to know if the tsundere childhood friend #1 (Houki) would know of perhaps another childhood friend (#3?) which would be Ran? Or would she not be considered as one? I thought that she would be because Ran is the sister of Ichika's buddy Dan right? Since the two knew each other long before, I can only imagine that Ichika would have been long friends with Ran as well making her a childhood friend #3 lol. It's only too bad that she's a year younger and has not yet played a major role (or has she in the LN? please correct me if im mistaken).

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
you got it mixed... it was houki who wished for it, not her sister.... im not so sure of it but tabane is most in inventions and seldom or never fighting...

so teh people finally....

tsundere childhood friend... check.
dere-dere (at least to him) classmate... check
modest crossdresser... check.
active and tsundere childhood friend... check.
protege's younger sister... check.
spartan ex-army combatant... check
flirtatious senior... check.
teacher with glasses and bewbs (needs confirmation)... check.
older sister thats very hard on him but cares... check.

HEH.
__________________
lets roll

Last edited by ZeKeR; 2011-02-11 at 01:34.
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 02:50   Link #478
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Yamada-sensei doesn't like him that way..... She just cares about Ichika as a teacher and becuz he's Chifuyu's brother. Since Houki doesn't know Ran, it's safe to assume that Ichika knows Dan at the time Houki already transfer(while Rin is still in town). Ran personally said that she falls in love in first sight on Ichika.

Vol 5 summary.... will be out when I feel like re-reading it. I think a simple summary of things that have direct connection with the plot is already mentioned by Zephyr(Phantom Task attack on Ichika and about Tatenashi). The rest is just about the Culture Festival and harem antics.

About the other girl in the school.... they're just not that close to Ichika to get invited to the party since he's being monopolized by his harem. Ichika actually only invites his harem, Ran and Dan and his other male friend. Tatenashi join because she's just that.... in her own pace(the other 2 student council will follow Tatenashi if she ask them too). The newspaper club president.... not sure how can she join, maybe to collect material for her article :P
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 05:04   Link #479
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
A'ight, I already asked you kuroishinigami in a certain IRC channel about this, but I guess I'll re-ask again :P

Spoiler for Charlotte's reveal:
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 05:10   Link #480
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Spoiler for Charlotte:
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, seinen, shounen, yuuki homura

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.