AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-10, 02:08   Link #221
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Kuga only sees emotions, not what causes people to feel that way. ch11 proved how Kuga could misintepret a person's emotions.


I really hope he isn't pulling the "I like her, but I'm not good enough for her so I hope she'll be happy with somebody else" trope.
probably more a let her get hurt so i can be her knight in shining armor
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 02:25   Link #222
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
probably more a let her get hurt so i can be her knight in shining armor
Doubt it. That's fairly childish and I doubt anyone with such a simple motive would approach it in such a cold and calculating way.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 04:25   Link #223
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Doubt it. That's fairly childish and I doubt anyone with such a simple motive would approach it in such a cold and calculating way.
Normally yes, but the characters in this one seem to have a knack of doing very cold calculated mundane things.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 11:45   Link #224
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
It is hard to think Kuga isn't aware or innocent of everything, including her crush, when you already read the raw chapters. Kuga is not as simple as you guys thought. I still believe that she is in denial, an extreme one, to say.
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 12:44   Link #225
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It is hard to think Kuga isn't aware or innocent of everything, including her crush, when you already read the raw chapters. Kuga is not as simple as you guys thought. I still believe that she is in denial, an extreme one, to say.
Possibly.

On the other hand, it does look like it's Toru's fault. Even though Koyuki and Yuki know it won't work out, that guy doesn't. For example, he might actually think he's in love with Kuga when he's not, and he only thinks so because she likes him back. Feeling loved is not the same as loving someone, but it can be mistaken.

Again, this guy might not be aware himself until Toru, Koyuki, and Yuki told him that he's lying. Then they unknowingly speed up the disaster, and when Kuga gets hurt, she'll lash out at Toru for sticking his nose into her business.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 12:55   Link #226
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Possibly.

On the other hand, it does look like it's Toru's fault. Even though Koyuki and Yuki know it won't work out, that guy doesn't. For example, he might actually think he's in love with Kuga when he's not, and he only thinks so because she likes him back. Feeling loved is not the same as loving someone, but it can be mistaken.

Again, this guy might not be aware himself until Toru, Koyuki, and Yuki told him that he's lying. Then they unknowingly speed up the disaster, and when Kuga gets hurt, she'll lash out at Toru for sticking his nose into her business.
Your forgetting one important factor concerning his so called innocence. We already know that he's lying from chapter ten. If he wasn't we wouldn't have seen the tail at the time of the confession. So either he is apart of some scheme that Tokita cooked up, or he's just playing around with Kuga because he can. Either or, but the dude is not Mr. Innocent. He's a scumbag on both points...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:02   Link #227
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
You know I've been wondering. Say person A had this love arrow power, and told person B "he's in love with X". If person B then went to confess would he still show a tail?

@noobita, what chapters are the raws at the moment? 12?
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:13   Link #228
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Your forgetting one important factor concerning his so called innocence. We already know that he's lying from chapter ten. If he wasn't we wouldn't have seen the tail at the time of the confession. So either he is apart of some scheme that Tokita cooked up, or he's just playing around with Kuga because he can. Either or, but the dude is not Mr. Innocent. He's a scumbag on both points...
Denial can be a form of lying, where you lie both to yourself and others.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:52   Link #229
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
I don't really want to read this topic too much because I got the feeling there were subtle spoilers, so this question might have been asked. I thought Toru's ability was to see the Iris of other people. How come he asked Kuga what that guy's Iris power was?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:57   Link #230
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't really want to read this topic too much because I got the feeling there were subtle spoilers, so this question might have been asked. I thought Toru's ability was to see the Iris of other people. How come he asked Kuga what that guy's Iris power was?
You so read that part wrong! He is iris zero = has no iris. He can't see the iris of other people, he was simply lying to cover up he doesn't have one. And frankly after what she did to him back then — and the apparent lack of regret for the crappy situation she put him in all those years — I'm surprised he got over it so quickly to the point they are now "best friends'. Toru is too kind hearted.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 14:45   Link #231
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You so read that part wrong! He is iris zero = has no iris. He can't see the iris of other people, he was simply lying to cover up he doesn't have one. And frankly after what she did to him back then and the apparent lack of regret for the crappy situation she put him in all those years I'm surprised he got over it so quickly to the point they are now "best friends'. Toru is too kind hearted.
It's been years. And he started it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 15:24   Link #232
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
That's like comparing apples to oranges. Sure he revealed what her iris is, but he thought it was for the best and things would blow over eventually. However, on her part she had to know what would happen to him if she told everyone he didn't have an iris...

On the other thing, he has not completely gotten over what she did, but he's being the bigger person rather then holding a grudge. Although I wouldn't blame if he still did though...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 15:50   Link #233
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
That's like comparing apples to oranges. Sure he revealed what her iris is, but he thought it was for the best and things would blow over eventually. However, on her part she had to know what would happen to him if she told everyone he didn't have an iris...
Like hell. Neither of them was thinking. He was pressured and afraid, so he sold her out. She was angry and betrayed, so she repaid him in kind. If anything, he was more premeditated than her - he had seconds to weigh the pros and cons. Hers was an instantaneous reaction.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:03   Link #234
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
He was put on the spot as well. Plus I'm sure the years of being ostracized, beaten, and treated like dog shit really tore her apart, oh wait it didn't happen to her...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:13   Link #235
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
That's what I said. He was pressured. But he still had seconds to think about it.

And she was somewhat ostracized too. Except by very sincere people... I don't deny that the consequences were worse for him than for her. But that doesn't change the fact that he started it. All she did was react. Maybe if she'd had more time to think about it, she'd have spared him - but she didn't. Because of him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 23:06   Link #236
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Just read chapter 11. We're so close to finding out what really happened.

Bonus: Koyuki finally figured out to not say "please go out with me" instead of "I need to talk to you".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's what I said. He was pressured. But he still had seconds to think about it.

And she was somewhat ostracized too. Except by very sincere people... I don't deny that the consequences were worse for him than for her. But that doesn't change the fact that he started it. All she did was react. Maybe if she'd had more time to think about it, she'd have spared him - but she didn't. Because of him.
The problem is she didn't simply out him like he did to her.

Compare her younger appearance in the flashback in chapter 3 and the "ringleader" of the abuses in the opening pages of chapter 1 (well, that and the ringleader prominently used the word "liar"). It is implied that she didn't just react in that one incident, she likely kept up the attacks for some time, at least as long as it took for people to forget that she can see lies. She *clearly* had more time to think about whether to do the latter.

Last edited by Claies; 2011-02-11 at 09:55. Reason: wrong chapter number
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:54   Link #237
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Just read chapter 11. We're so close to finding out what really happened.

Bonus: Koyuki finally figured out to not say "please go out with me" instead of "I need to talk to you".



The problem is she didn't simply out him like he did to her.

Compare her younger appearance in the flashback in chapter 2 and the "ringleader" of the abuses in the opening pages of chapter 1 (well, that and the ringleader prominently used the word "liar"). It is implied that she didn't just react in that one incident, she likely kept up the attacks for some time, at least as long as it took for people to forget that she can see lies. She *clearly* had more time to think about whether to do the latter.
You're not implying that Yuki was leading the bullying, are you?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 04:52   Link #238
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You're not implying that Yuki was leading the bullying, are you?
Maybe this is just a matter of how you read into the images and subtext. Personally that's somewhat the impression I got, that she lead plenty of bullying against him and created his current reputation.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:01   Link #239
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You're not implying that Yuki was leading the bullying, are you?
Well... she doesn't have to be, but that panel makes her look more prominent than the other bullies, as if to make it the most significant thing she has done to him in the past.

That she was a leader in the bullying was the feeling I got from it.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:50   Link #240
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Well... she doesn't have to be, but that panel makes her look more prominent than the other bullies, as if to make it the most significant thing she has done to him in the past.

That she was a leader in the bullying was the feeling I got from it.
or more like she's the shadow of the blade. she's not the one holding it, but is the one directing it to him. well she didnt go personal in saying it, right?
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.