AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-11, 17:16   Link #7061
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I've noticed that PVP in battlegrounds is not quite so devastating as it was in late Wrath. I have no resiliance gear yet, but I was able to get in a bunch of kills without getting three shot by anything like I was in Wrath with no resiliance...even with 700 or so resiliance it wasn't easy to live, much less kill something in Wintergrasp in 3.2 or 3.3.

Might also be that I was in AB and lots of people doing the Love Fool achievement are also doing AB. As it turns out Alliance lost but only by about 150 resources. We let them have too much early on because we took Blacksmith first. We actually made up a lot of it, just it was a little too late (managing to be in the process of taking a fourth point at the end).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 18:52   Link #7062
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
You should try hardmode, to experience the chaos that is Halfus with all the drakes up ... your tanks better be good at taunting at the right times, or things go splat quite fast
We got the timing pretty much clear with Frenzied Assault on him, so we can adjust pretty quickly to situations
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 02:42   Link #7063
Chocobopal
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
lmao wow I am so behind on WoW stopped right before last expansion since it was getting a little to expensive on a college students budget but I still want to get back in when I have more time and money till then im on free mmo's like Dragon Saga and Eternal Destiny which fill the void for now but of course doesn't match up in certain ways.

I'll be back thou soon!
Chocobopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 02:47   Link #7064
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I've noticed that PVP in battlegrounds is not quite so devastating as it was in late Wrath. I have no resiliance gear yet, but I was able to get in a bunch of kills without getting three shot by anything like I was in Wrath with no resiliance...even with 700 or so resiliance it wasn't easy to live, much less kill something in Wintergrasp in 3.2 or 3.3.
Ya even with just two pieces of PVP gear I was able to do decently on my druid, now that I am up to a bit over 2k resiliance[was at -21.55% I think] from combo of honor gear and crafted i339 set, I am noticing myself fairing far better , also I've kind noticed three groups of people[four if you count asshole AFKers ] in BGs lately:
1. Quest geared idiots[I had mage on my team today with 83k with mark of the wild up ] who generally seem to rage quit if they realize the team can't carry them to victory, I had 8 people like who left during a single AB today , yet we still managed to almost win somehow [was 1320-1600 at the end].
2. High resiliance/HP people, whom seemingly ignoring objectives in BGs, god I hate these the most, how do they get decent gear yet fail to understand how the BG works, and I am talking about the smaller ones, not AV, or IoC.
3. People who actually know how to work with the objectives on a BG .

Also so far I'd say my win rate in BGs in close to 50%, ussually takes me just 1~3 to get the daily random win for large honor/few conquest points. And nerf for druid is bad, but workable except vs god dam mages , frost mages it's just lawl root/bind spam and blink away if I actually break it via PVP trinket, or them standing at perfect distant for feral Charge/Skullbash and I die/they escape unless I have help I can't even force than to use their Ice Block now :|.

One other note, I got the Tol Barad healer trinket, and I am kind of wondering if the buff is supposed to be that good, I mean I gain almost 50% more on my heals, and 25k max mana[which works very very nicely for timing divine plea around], I know it's rather short buff compared to most trinkets, but still, dunno maybe I am just not use to having an epic level trinket atm xD.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 12:07   Link #7065
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Healer TB trinket is actually quite good. Out of all the class roles, TB probably benefits healers the most while strength DPS wouldn't want theirs because mastery sucks for them.

You're not surviving against Frost Mages because you don't have enough resilience and because you're not grouped with good players. I've always found Holy Paladins the hardest to kill/slow down. Time your Divine Shield, Hammer of Justice, Lay on Hands, etc. = should be fine. Plus if you gradually Exorcise them over time, you can kill a Mage yourself. They are the most played healer class in the top rated battleground teams. Get more resilience and make friends with a good Shadow Priest or Unholy Death Knight. Mages will always get annihilated by those two classes.

As for AB in general...don't expect common sense from randoms! They will almost always go to one node at the start and lose the match in the first 20 seconds. And ALWAYS get Blacksmith...if you don't get Blacksmith in RBGs, 99% of the time you are doomed.

Guild killed Heroic Atramades tonight, 5/13 HM now. Finally got my tier shoulders, been waiting so long to get them.

PS. Did something change with Al'Akir? I swear Wind Burst and the Cyclones are co-inciding WAY TOO MUCH...how the hell can you expect people to avoid Wind Burst when they have the Cyclone Wall with the gap at the outermost spot?!?!
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 15:47   Link #7066
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I have had a little battle with a Frost Mage in AB. It wasn't entirely one sided since most of his tricks that actually got me were the normal Mage stuff rather than the specific Frost spec stuff (mirror image firepower and interrupts mostly). Fear and stun still worked nicely enough to kill him every once in a while. This is without any resilience.

In TB however, I get wrecked...but that was mostly because I'd tend to run into groups of 10 Horde and get focus fired.

The TB dps trinket only really help get towards hit cap...well that Spell Power boost (some of the time) is helpful campared to the one out of Vortex Pinnacle that gives you extra spell power when something is below 35%...but also has Intellect on it, which helps as well...if you are hit capped, which I am not.

1742 for hit cap? I think I'm at 1160 now. Guess the Valor point stuff has hit on it or otherwise everyone would be reforging and gemming for hit to reach cap. I already an enchanting towards hit as it is.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 18:11   Link #7067
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Patch 4.0.6 really did a number to Unholy dps... I noticed that my dps dropped about a good 3k during my last heroic. Makes me wonder if I should go back to Frost, but the main reason I went Unholy was to control the major threat issue that I was having as Frost.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 18:11   Link #7068
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Im tired of girls cosplaying WoW stuff, I wonna see attempts at THrall or Varian XD that would be epic.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:05   Link #7069
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Hard to find WoW players that are built well enough to pull those off.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 20:11   Link #7070
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Healer TB trinket is actually quite good. Out of all the class roles, TB probably benefits healers the most while strength DPS wouldn't want theirs because mastery sucks for them.
Indeed it's very very nice, though the str one for melee I am considering for my OS with the buff to retr's mastery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
You're not surviving against Frost Mages because you don't have enough and because you're not grouped with good players. I've always found Holy Paladins the hardest to kill/slow down. Time your Divine Shield, Hammer of Justice, Lay on Hands, etc. = should be fine. Plus if you gradually Exorcise them over time, you can kill a Mage yourself. They are the most played healer class in the top rated battleground teams. Get more resilience and make friends with a good Shadow Priest or Unholy Death Knight. Mages will always get annihilated by those two classes.
I think you're miss understanding, I gave up on PVP for paladin once they rolled out holy power , I am playing my feral druid with a fair amount of resilience atm, around 2.1k for PVP, but the problem is blizzard killed feral only real way to break roots/binds without using PVP trinket, which I am still hoping blizzard decides to give them back something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
As for AB in general...don't expect common sense from randoms! They will almost always go to one node at the start and lose the match in the first 20 seconds. And ALWAYS get Blacksmith...if you don't get Blacksmith in RBGs, 99% of the time you are doomed.
Oh god I had two awful ABs in a row today, I swear the only way most of the people could take a base was by having 10+ people go to it /facepalm. Luckily after that I managed to get a decent group at Twin Peaks, so we won 2-0, and would have been 3-0 if I didn't get killed 3 seconds before I would have capped from 6 people being on me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
1742 for hit cap? I think I'm at 1160 now. Guess the Valor point stuff has hit on it or otherwise everyone would be reforging and gemming for hit to reach cap. I already an enchanting towards hit as it is.
Dunno what casters do atm, but yes most melee reforge a lot of gear currently into to get more hit/expertise, though some specs like Feral Druid don't, because even under the cap mastery, crit, and haste will all benefits feral kitty more than hit/expertise will.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 02:28   Link #7071
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 23
I'd tried to take down the Whale Shark today with the help of RangeDisplay addon. An hour wasted. Died the first pull because I tried to swim backwards instead of sideways. The next several pulls I swam more than 20 yards away and Moby reset. Highest damage I did was just over 3 million, I even managed to turn around when I hit some fatigue water, but failed later on. Damn, I suck.

Hunter by the way, ilevel 333. Need to get the helm from the first boss of Grim Batol. Did my first random Heroic ever (of Cataclysm) today and it was GB so I hoped to get the Heroic version of the helm. Two wipes and everyone left. Hooray for Feign Death at least.

Was Survival pre-patch, then went Marksmanship for a couple of days, then went back to Survival today. I just love the Survival AOE, rotation, and mobility. MM was getting on my nerves.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 17:28   Link #7072
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Having quite some trouble with the first boss in Heroic Vortex Pinnacle now... Ever since they patched it up to when he calls in the cyclones, they actually knock you back so you get electrocuted and can't do anything to the boss, it makes it even more stressful for the healer (our pally healer went oom). So even the slightest change can set us off.. Especially the fact that I can't dps while he has the cyclones pulled in.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 17:50   Link #7073
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Having quite some trouble with the first boss in Heroic Vortex Pinnacle now... Ever since they patched it up to when he calls in the cyclones, they actually knock you back so you get electrocuted and can't do anything to the boss, it makes it even more stressful for the healer (our pally healer went oom). So even the slightest change can set us off.. Especially the fact that I can't dps while he has the cyclones pulled in.
I've had no problems with that boss as feral DPS, or healing on holy, but I am pretty well geared at this point on my paladin[0 mastery , 8 epics, rest i346 blues], and I could see melee DPS without someway to get back on the boss quickly ie feral charge/charge/long arm of the law/etc would have trouble does DK get any distance closer moves to help with this?
Though really the key though I found is to move in between the cyclones as they close in on the group[if you have your camera zoomed out can avoid them fairly well], so you avoid getting knockbacked and take less damage from it.

Also got a random BoE world drop epic last night while doing my dailes , hopefully I can sell to buy some stuff for my druid, or use it to trade for it.

And at Lord Crow, Grim Batol is a rough HC to start especially for PUG/Dungeon Finder Group, I'd really recommend if you can trying to run HCs with your guild purely until you learn most of the fights, and have some better gear, then PUGing will be easier for the daily random .
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 18:04   Link #7074
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I've had no problems with that boss as feral DPS, or healing on holy, but I am pretty well geared at this point on my paladin[0 mastery , 8 epics, rest i346 blues], and I could see melee DPS without someway to get back on the boss quickly ie feral charge/charge/long arm of the law/etc would have trouble does DK get any distance closer moves to help with this?
Though really the key though I found is to move in between the cyclones as they close in on the group[if you have your camera zoomed out can avoid them fairly well], so you avoid getting knockbacked and take less damage from it.
Well, getting to the outer-edge of the platform was not a problem for me. The main problem was the healer not being able to manage healing through the Storm's Fury that kept spamming 10k each second on everyone in the group. Also DKs have no ability that helps them move in quicker, just Unholy Presence to increase speed by a good 15%. Could just be a healer healing group issue. Or other group members are getting hit by cyclones when they are trying to run out.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 18:14   Link #7075
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well, getting to the outer-edge of the platform was not a problem for me. The main problem was the healer not being able to manage healing through the Storm's Fury that kept spamming 10k each second on everyone in the group. Also DKs have no ability that helps them move in quicker, just Unholy Presence to increase speed by a good 15%. Could just be a healer healing group issue. Or other group members are getting hit by cyclones when they are trying to run out.
Are you all spread around the platform, or headed to same place when cyclones close around the boss? Because I did have one DPS almost die during once because they would run the out opposite way of rest of the group thus out ranging not only AoE healing, but range of single target heals too, though if the paladin is oom, I'd mostly ask which major glyphs they're using currently as Divine Plea and Divinity are fairly important to prevent ooming, since they allow the paladin to gain some extra mana quickly.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 18:20   Link #7076
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Are you all spread around the platform, or headed to same place when cyclones close around the boss? Because I did have one DPS almost die during once because they would run the out opposite way of rest of the group thus out ranging not only AoE healing, but range of single target heals too, though if the paladin is oom, I'd mostly ask which major glyphs they're using currently as Divine Plea and Divinity are fairly important to prevent ooming, since they allow the paladin to gain some extra mana quickly.
It seems our pally healer is using these glyphs in order.
Prime:
Glyph of Word of Glory
Glyph of Holy Shock
Glyph of Seal of Insight

Major:
Glyph of Light of Dawn
Glyph of Lay of Hands
Glyph of the Long Word

Minor:
Glyph of Truth
Glyph of Insight
Glyph of Blessing of Might

Is there any issues using these glyphs? Don't wish to sound mean by changing his way of healing, but would like to know if any of these glyphs are affecting his healing in anyway. Also we tried grouping up once, but it was still painful to endure (I'm not sure there were that much AoE healing going around since Paladins only have Light of Dawn as an AoE heal right? There was another AoE healing, but that is very mana efficient right?)
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 18:39   Link #7077
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It seems our pally healer is using these glyphs in order.

Major:
Glyph of Light of Dawn
Glyph of Lay of Hands
Glyph of the Long Word
The prime and minor glyphs are fine, but yea... those majors need to change somehow. Glyph of Divine Plea gives an extra +6% max mana restored every time divine plea is used[every 2 minutes], and Glyph of Divinity gives +10% max mana restored when lay on hands in used[every 7/10 minutes], of the course of some fights this is as much as an 22~28% of your mana restored, personally I'd recommend dropping long word it's kind of meh, and then personally choice on the other two, I use Lay on Hands [but I talented out of Light of Dawn completely after the nerf while back]. Also if they're still having issues after glyph changes, then I'd looking into reforging for more spirit, and trying to improve their trinkets to better help mana regeneration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Is there any issues using these glyphs? Don't wish to sound mean by changing his way of healing, but would like to know if any of these glyphs are affecting his healing in anyway. Also we tried grouping up once, but it was still painful to endure (I'm not sure there were that much AoE healing going around since Paladins only have Light of Dawn as an AoE heal right? There was another AoE healing, but that is very mana efficient right?)
We have Holy Radiance which depends very much on people being near the paladin which does healings per second for 10 seconds[on a 30 second CD], and is quite mana efficent assuming people are withing 6~10 yards of the caster, starts to diminish after that but still heals people within 20[or was it 25] yards.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 18:43   Link #7078
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
The prime and minor glyphs are fine, but yea... those majors need to change somehow. Glyph of Divine Plea gives an extra +6% max mana restored every time divine plea is used[every 2 minutes], and Glyph of Divinity gives +10% max mana restored when lay on hands in used[every 7/10 minutes], of the course of some fights this is as much as an 22~28% of your mana restored, personally I'd recommend dropping long word it's kind of meh, and then personally choice on the other two, I use Lay on Hands [but I talented out of Light of Dawn completely after the nerf while back]. Also if they're still having issues after glyph changes, then I'd looking into reforging for more spirit, and trying to improve their trinkets to better help mana regeneration.
I'll be sure to give the word out, thank you very much for the response Konakaga

Quote:
We have Holy Radiance which depends very much on people being near the paladin which does healings per second for 10 seconds[on a 30 second CD], and is quite mana efficent assuming people are withing 6~10 yards of the caster, starts to diminish after that but still heals people within 20[or was it 25] yards.
From what my previous guild leader (Holy Paladin) complained about was that Holy Radiance itself was a little too mana dependent while healing for Halfus Wyrmbreaker and when the proto-drake does his flame breath. But I can see your point.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 19:23   Link #7079
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
From what my previous guild leader (Holy Paladin) complained about was that Holy Radiance itself was a little too mana dependent while healing for Halfus Wyrmbreaker and when the proto-drake does his flame breath. But I can see your point.
The main advantages of it over Light of Dawn, are A. it doesn't take Holy Power meaning more World of Glory Healing, B. It full heals 6 targets within range[prioritize by hp%], and has no limit for weaken healing on addition targets[glyph'd LoD heals 6 max no matter what], C. It will keep conviction's 3 stacks for +9% healing done while active since it tics so much, D. it's an AoE HoT that isn't channeled, which means you can cast other heals while it's active, and, E. Once set 4 of holy paladin tier 11 is obtained it grants 1520 spirit while active which reduces the cost massively . It does cost roughly as much 1 Divine Light and 1 Holy Light put to together, but I think the healing is worth the high mana cost.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 02:09   Link #7080
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Flung ourselves at heroic Atramedes yesterday, and the thing went down surprisingly easily. Double so since it was a mish-mashed group with several alts - yet the blindy went down in 10 pulls. Easiest heroic raid boss so far i would say ... certainly the fastest kill we have gotten, especially considering our suboptimal group. The fight isn't really that much different from normal - except that add which jumps on someone's back and needs to be killed/interrupted, sonars in air phase landing almost instantly (not a big problem if you just keep moving), and sound level going up faster if you stand in bad stuff.

It's a fight where everything can go suddenly south due to a mistake, but those mistakes aren't that hard to avoid - indeed, the mechanics are the same as on normal (save for the add), they just raise sound faster. Enrage timer is not an issue after the nerf - all in all, a fairly easy kill. Heroic conclave should be next on the list. Dealing with the shield will be ... fun. You more or less need a frost mage, and then need for him to crit with deep freeze, or it's a wipe. Such an awesome combat design
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.