AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 52 43.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 32.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 12.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-13, 19:05   Link #181
Vanish

Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Fair enough. So you didn't go HHHNNGG at that part? Not even one bit? Or considered it? *remembers his own reactions*
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:12   Link #182
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You mean with Charles? It felt like she went complete 180 (ie. bullshit). Totally ruined the mood that was going.
Old 2011-02-14, 01:04   Link #183
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
What about the time he fed Houki then? She basically demanded the same treatment he already gave to another girl, right? And she had (if good or not is up to you) reason to ask for it, too.
One mouthful isn't the same as the whole damn meal. Asking him to teach her how to hold chopsticks would have been a much better way to "rely on him" without abusing his kindness.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 04:19   Link #184
Scy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, I think the reason most of us is assuming that he's gay is not just because he's very touchy-feely with Charles. After all, he haven't seen any guy for weeks and sometimes you just want a guy friend to hang out with. But really, it's more of how dense and seemingly asexual he is considering the attention of the girls. I mean, he's a boy full of teenage hormones literally placed in an island with hundreds of girls his age, and never once did we see him even consider one of them to be hot and sexy.
Did anyone else notice that in that shower scene, he didn't freak out like most harem protagonists would? And that when he left the shower it looked like he was disappointed and sad to discover his roommate's gender? Also why was he so eager to enter that shower, as if he wanted to see his room-mate naked?
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 05:33   Link #185
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post
Did anyone else notice that in that shower scene, he didn't freak out like most harem protagonists would? And that when he left the shower it looked like he was disappointed and sad to discover his roommate's gender? Also why was he so eager to enter that shower, as if he wanted to see his room-mate naked?
Dunno about the hole freaking out, but I agree with the second part.

+1 to Ichika gayness
Old 2011-02-14, 06:40   Link #186
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post
I think you are reading a bit too far in that scene.
He was completely mind frozen because he didn't expect that -at all-, so instead of being embarassed (like he did when Charlotte was a bit too close afterwards), he just couldn't compute the situation until he left the bathroom.
He certainly didn't look disappointed, but rather completely lost.

As for the second point, he was rather concerned that he wouldn't leave "Charles" in an unconvenient situation with basically no soap.

I personally think that Ichika certainly has abnormal disinterested behavior a good chunk of the time, but that was really not the case here.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 07:19   Link #187
n120cky

Why Ichika look like gay? Maybe he was not a pervert.

Hmm why don't Ichika share room with Chifuyu-nee? They are sibling right? Then there will be no problem, I think . . ..
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 07:25   Link #188
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
They are sibling right? Then there will be no problem, I think . . ..
Yeah, sure nothing would happen…
Old 2011-02-14, 10:20   Link #189
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:

Hmm why don't Ichika share room with Chifuyu-nee? They are sibling right? Then there will be no problem, I think . . ..
If that happened, Laura wouldn't be the only one gunning for Ichika's 'untimely removal'.
Old 2011-02-14, 10:30   Link #190
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

What are we hoping Chifuyu is a brocon... Hmm Wait a minute Yamada sensei did imply that to win the Chifuyu route one must attain the Ichika route.

Still I'd think the political powers that be would have a hand at whom Ichika would room with. Increasing the chances for him to be a breeding stud.

I can see Japan, China and France be underhanded on this. Was it coincidence Ichika was roomed with his childhood friend? Was it another coincidence that China had their representative sent is also another childhood friend.

The UK had no underhanded moves as far as I suspect. Germany may purely want to test their third gen IS. They may have a feeling their rep is gunning for the only male IS user's head. Hoping perhaps also this hostility to change to affection. Chifuyu already owes them better make it a set. Killing the Goose that laid the Golden Egg is not in Germany's interest.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 11:19   Link #191
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
What are we hoping Chifuyu is a brocon... Hmm Wait a minute Yamada sensei did imply that to win the Chifuyu route one must attain the Ichika route.

Still I'd think the political powers that be would have a hand at whom Ichika would room with. Increasing the chances for him to be a breeding stud.

I can see Japan, China and France be underhanded on this. Was it coincidence Ichika was roomed with his childhood friend? Was it another coincidence that China had their representative sent is also another childhood friend.

The UK had no underhanded moves as far as I suspect. Germany may purely want to test their third gen IS. They may have a feeling their rep is gunning for the only male IS user's head. Hoping perhaps also this hostility to change to affection. Chifuyu already owes them better make it a set. Killing the Goose that laid the Golden Egg is not in Germany's interest.
Yeah talking about politic there is something they must after. Every nation want to be the strongest, but they can't have more quantity for IS because of limited core, so the other way to increase their strength is by finding good quality pilot. Maybe this why Chifuyu was asked to trains IS pilots in German.But an anomaly appeared . .
As far as I know IS can be operated by girl(before Ichika appear) and from what I see they have different sync between each other, that we can assume the higher the sync the more powerful they are. And now they(IS pilot) should be have a child from a guy(obviously non IS pilot). Don't you think if the couple was both an IS pilot would produce child with higher sync? maybe even if it's a boy he can still pilot an IS.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 11:22   Link #192
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Personally, I wouldn't wish Chifuyu on Ichika, considering how much everyone dislikes him with the girls at his age level already... Why give him someone even better?

I wonder how much property damange they would incur if he called her 'Onee-tan' or something like that...

And as for a coincidence that China sent a 'childhood' friend to the IS Academy, I believe that it's the other way around - that Rin strong-armed them (literally) into sending her to the IS Academy once she found out that Ichika was headed there. (source - Chap. 1 of the manga)

One always needs quality pilots - the machines can be replaced but the pilots can't. And now, we have an unmanned drone with an unregistered core... So it's obvious that someone's trying to solve the problem of 'If one can't increase their pilot quality easily, making a huge quantity is the other way to go', and making unmanned IS drones solves that.
Old 2011-02-14, 13:43   Link #193
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:

I have to vote that the writer thought of a gay man before making Ichika's character.

1. No nosebleed from seeing Charlotte naked.
2. Compliments Houki on her new outfit (belt).
3. Does not want to introuduce his best friend (aka Boyfriend) to the other girls.
4. Wears Spandex without feeling naked
5. Likes to hug guys (aka Charles)
6. Wants to get naked with guys (aka Charles).
7. Does not notice any girls who are basically throwing themselves at his feet.
8. Notices that Ran changed her outfit before seeing him the 2nd time.
9. Has a sword and does NOT know how to use it.
10. Tends to run away from fights. (Against Laura).
11. Plays more with girls than boys in Elementary (Houki and Rin)
12. Does not notice breast contact when walking with Cecilia.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 14:18   Link #194
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Fool! If there's one thing anime's taught me, it's that the only thing more dangerous to a sleeping, innocent young boy's chastity than a teacher is a sister!

About Ichika's gayness: some of his behavior may be explained by the Japanese's fondness for communal bathing and what they call "skinship". And he did insist to see Charles' breasts...

Still, on balance, things aren't looking good for all those hopeful girls out there. Not without some tight binding and "mechanical assistance", if you see what I mean.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 20:28   Link #195
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

No suprise at all that Charles is indeed Charlotte. Anyone who isn't totally blind could already see that last episode.

For the shower scene - why was he so anxious to see another boy naked? That was a bit strange

However, the following scene doesn't allow gay speculations. When he sees that Charles is a girl, he doesn't scream as a gay would have there. Also, he doesn't quickly turn around and leave again.
No, he obviously can't get enough of oglin naked Charlotte, so not only he is in no hurry to leave again, but he even proceeds to hand over the soap. "Let me hand over the soap - I'll get some more time looking at her body, and when she'll take the soap from me with her hand, I'll get a better look at her breasts. "

He also quickly agreed when Charlotte asked him to feed her (although, who could've resisted her with that face?)
So that leaves two possibilities:
- Ichika was indeed gay before, but seeing Charlotte naked turned him straight again.
- Ichika simply isn't really interested in the other girls, whi is why he didn't show any reaction. After seeing Charlotte nake, he simply can't resist her.
Old 2011-02-15, 01:44   Link #196
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

He also quickly agreed when Charlotte asked him to feed her (although, who could've resisted her with that face?)
So that leaves two possibilities:
- Ichika was indeed gay before, but seeing Charlotte naked turned him straight again.
- Ichika simply isn't really interested in the other girls, whi is why he didn't show any reaction. After seeing Charlotte nake, he simply can't resist her.
I take it that it has got something to do with IMPOTENCE...
Old 2011-02-15, 06:52   Link #197
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Ichika being is dense prove that he not gay ,causes he's that dense lolz

Kidding aside I guess it was his up bringing / environment his older sister raise him and abandon by their parents , the author states women are the dominant gender in the IS's world in the greater scope of things it can mean role reversal, guys get to do house chores, more submissive to women etc. My guess he has no role model except his older sister

so instead Ichika raising the flags of the girls it the other way around it the girls that raising his flag
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 11:46   Link #198
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Kidding aside I guess it was his up bringing / environment his older sister raise him and abandon by their parents , the author states women are the dominant gender in the IS's world in the greater scope of things it can mean role reversal, guys get to do house chores, more submissive to women etc. My guess he has no role model except his older sister

so instead Ichika raising the flags of the girls it the other way around it the girls that raising his flag
I wondered about that but the weird thing was that Ichika assumed he needed a handicap against Cecilia and needed the role reversal pointed out to him. And besides, it's a horrible Double Standard. If two guys acted the way Houki and Cecilia did with Ichika, to another girl then the message would be quite different.
Old 2011-02-16, 00:42   Link #199
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If it was a fist-fight, then yes, a handicap would apply but not for the IS - as it was pointed out, the realm of the IS is female dominated so the only male pilot is the one who would need a handicap vs someone who had been doing IS training for years already.
Old 2011-02-16, 04:42   Link #200
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As for the second point, he was rather concerned that he wouldn't leave "Charles" in an inconvenient situation with basically no soap.
And not just any soap either. It was the liquid soap all guys feel compelled to share when the other guy is in the shower. The need for concern about Ichika's heterosexuality would have risen, however, if he took a hard bar soap instead of the liquid kind and then kept dropping it in front of Charles... and then took that extra bit of time to pick it up.

Quote:
That is an excellent question. After watching this episode, I'm very certain Ichika is all but willing to share residence, preferably the same bed, with Chifuyu-nee.

Ichika is certainly checking out Chifuyu-nee's childbearing hips as the above pictures show. The above might also explain why Ichika assumes such a disinterested and clueless role in front of the other ladies.