AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 35 45.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 22.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-15, 10:18   Link #121
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
The difference in opinions of Junichi's behavior is a little surprising to me.
In one arc:
A group of girls say that the heroine's goofing off and flirting when she should be working, and that because of this they won't be able to do everything they want to do. She snaps back, almost everyone abandons her, and she tries to do the work of thirty people on her own.
In response, Junichi says that they should apologize and get the help needed to make her dream a success, or give up and cut the festival from the spectacle she dreams of to something minor, exactly like the girls had said she'd do, practically inviting them to renew their cruelty.
After telling her these options to keep her from overworking, everyone acts like he's the king of the pigs.

In this arc:
The girlfriend he barely knows admits to having broken the hearts of every girl who got close to him out of jealousy, leaving him depressed and alone.
He suggests that they go to all the girls and admit that she'd lied and deliberately hurt them because she was jealous, and ask them to forgive her now that she's finally taken the man they all loved.
And everyone thinks that this is better, though many seem to agree that the girl is herself far worse.

Somehow, this just doesn't make sense to me...
Seiryuu is offline  
Old 2011-01-15, 18:20   Link #122
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
The difference in opinions of Junichi's behavior is a little surprising to me.
In one arc:
A group of girls say that the heroine's goofing off and flirting when she should be working, and that because of this they won't be able to do everything they want to do. She snaps back, almost everyone abandons her, and she tries to do the work of thirty people on her own.
In response, Junichi says that they should apologize and get the help needed to make her dream a success, or give up and cut the festival from the spectacle she dreams of to something minor, exactly like the girls had said she'd do, practically inviting them to renew their cruelty.
After telling her these options to keep her from overworking, everyone acts like he's the king of the pigs.

In this arc:
The girlfriend he barely knows admits to having broken the hearts of every girl who got close to him out of jealousy, leaving him depressed and alone.
He suggests that they go to all the girls and admit that she'd lied and deliberately hurt them because she was jealous, and ask them to forgive her now that she's finally taken the man they all loved.
And everyone thinks that this is better, though many seem to agree that the girl is herself far worse.

Somehow, this just doesn't make sense to me...
Part of the problem is that some people think that snapping back at the group of gossip mongers was the automatically right idea, even though in real life things like that aren't always the best approach, particularly those who have worked in office settings where such actions can lead to being censured or even fired. Junichi's biggest issue was not expressing his concerns in a way that Tsukasa could understand without sounding like a personal criticism of her, which is something that for someone like Junichi needs develop with experience.

As for Risa, they definitely downplayed just how nasty she can be in the game, so people have a distorted view of her if only going by the anime.

Last edited by aldw; 2011-01-15 at 18:39.
aldw is offline  
Old 2011-01-15, 21:56   Link #123
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Part of the problem is that some people think that snapping back at the group of gossip mongers was the automatically right idea, even though in real life things like that aren't always the best approach, particularly those who have worked in office settings where such actions can lead to being censured or even fired. Junichi's biggest issue was not expressing his concerns in a way that Tsukasa could understand without sounding like a personal criticism of her, which is something that for someone like Junichi needs develop with experience.

As for Risa, they definitely downplayed just how nasty she can be in the game, so people have a distorted view of her if only going by the anime.
I don't know if it was right or wrong, but it was very fitting of Tsukasa's personality (if a bit overdone since she'd been holding it all in for so long). And if he'd said that her natural character was bad, that would have been wrong. I just feel like in that one he made a very appropriate suggestion, to either apologize or do exactly what the bullies had said she would do because they thought she was slacking off. The only other option would end up working the girl to death.
On the other hand he asks this girl to go with him and reveal a cruel deception that broke many hearts and try to see if they'll forgive her now that she's won their man; this does not seem appropriate, though I'm honestly not sure what would be appropriate in this situation.
Seiryuu is offline  
Old 2011-01-16, 21:08   Link #124
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I don't know if it was right or wrong, but it was very fitting of Tsukasa's personality (if a bit overdone since she'd been holding it all in for so long). And if he'd said that her natural character was bad, that would have been wrong. I just feel like in that one he made a very appropriate suggestion, to either apologize or do exactly what the bullies had said she would do because they thought she was slacking off. The only other option would end up working the girl to death.

On the other hand he asks this girl to go with him and reveal a cruel deception that broke many hearts and try to see if they'll forgive her now that she's won their man; this does not seem appropriate, though I'm honestly not sure what would be appropriate in this situation.
Oh, I do agree that Junichi's suggestion was still an appropriate one to keep Tsukasa from overworking herself to the point of breakdown, as one needs to realize one's limitations as Clint Eastwood would say. Sticking with that point and minimizing any mention of character issues would have probably helped Junichi make his point more effectively without confusing Tsukasa.

As for Risa, it's hard to say a specific proper response, only that it would vary from person to person.
aldw is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 03:36   Link #125
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Finally got around to finishing the last 9 episodes after getting stalled for a bit. After enjoying the other six girls' arcs, Risa's episode seemed like a nice cherry on top to end the series. Something short and sweet as a nice note to end a series I thoroughly enjoyed.
__________________
puretsundere is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 03:14   Link #126
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outer space
I think this episode made Amagami more interesting, and spiced things up. But, suffice to say, I do not like Risa very much. I actually had a mental argument with myself, on my opinion of her, and in the end, decided that, no, I can't bring myself to like this character, no matter how much she livened up the story in a single episode. I appreciate her design, though.

I almost decided to like Risa, seeing as I admired how much she loved Junichi, but, really, what threw me off was her selfishness. She basically was only thinking of herself, and not considering Junichi's real feelings at all.

That being said, I still loved this episode.
A secret heroine that was responsible for all of the bad ends in the dating sims. How intriguing. Why does this remind me of School Days, though?
CrimsonSunshine is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.