AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-10-06, 19:20   Link #1
LauraMW

HELP! I can't connect!

I know I'm probably just being stupid, and am missing some crucial step in making this all work, but...

I try to download a torrent, or whatever, and it opens up the download window, asks me where I want to save it, starts downloading....

...and does nothing. I clicked on a file hours ago and it still says "connecting to peers". I've tried multiple files, from multiple sites, etc, and I just keep getting that. Am I just really, really unlucky (as usual, when I comes to stuff like this) or am I doing something wrong?
LauraMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 01:02   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

a few things,
1. Where are you connecting from (work, school, home).
-> some univ and workplaces block BT ports
2. Do you have a FW installed? (norton, mcafee, Windows,etc)
-> some firewalls close the ports
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 19:47   Link #3
CoolexcitingName

I have a strange problem too

I am using a Shareza form of it and When I download the connection here and try to download from it like the faq says it does nothing and says it's paused
CoolexcitingName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 21:24   Link #4
Russelwhite
GRAND MASTER EURO SENNIN

Location: Deaths House....the one with the multidimensional golf course...
Send a message via MSN to Russelwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMW
I know I'm probably just being stupid, and am missing some crucial step in making this all work, but...

I try to download a torrent, or whatever, and it opens up the download window, asks me where I want to save it, starts downloading....

...and does nothing. I clicked on a file hours ago and it still says "connecting to peers". I've tried multiple files, from multiple sites, etc, and I just keep getting that. Am I just really, really unlucky (as usual, when I comes to stuff like this) or am I doing something wrong?
if it says connecting to peers then the torrent is working fine....its just that no one is seeding or leeching but you....lonley isint it? ....try putting up a request for someone to re-seed in the forums. nothing you can do without someone seeding.
Darcy White
Russelwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 18:02   Link #5
horo_horo27

Send a message via AIM to horo_horo27
the same thing is happening to me except it dls the ghostand stops there, and tries to repeatedly connect to peers and then stops its how do i fix that? the thing says: [ANBU-AonE]_Naruto_01_10 1.68GiB/size 96/ul 568/dl 30.72TiB/xfer 9810/dls 145d18h07m/days/hours/min (whats up with that?????) 143.59MB/s

Last edited by horo_horo27; 2004-10-23 at 18:17. Reason: fixed the quicken problem
horo_horo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 02:43   Link #6
Russelwhite
GRAND MASTER EURO SENNIN

Location: Deaths House....the one with the multidimensional golf course...
Send a message via MSN to Russelwhite
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by horo_horo27
the same thing is happening to me except it dls the ghostand stops there, and tries to repeatedly connect to peers and then stops its how do i fix that? the thing says: [ANBU-AonE]_Naruto_01_10 1.68GiB/size 96/ul 568/dl 30.72TiB/xfer 9810/dls 145d18h07m/days/hours/min (whats up with that?????) 143.59MB/s
the size is the file size (how big is it), the ul means there are 96 ppl seeding and the dl means that there are 568 people leaching....First you might want to try turning off firewalls or things like that (temporarily, turn them back on once you done your download) then try downloading the torrent again and running it (making sure you have the latest version of whatever bittorrent client you are using) if this dosent work go onto irc (if you dont know what this is search it on google...you will get plenty of results but look for an introduction and READ all the way through it) and try the anbu or aone server to see if they are giving the file or just the torrent (if its just the torrent try asking someone for a direct dl.....there are a few robots on the server which should have copies of episodes available for direct transfer). If that dosent work then post again.

I have found that in my case enableing (or disableing) the auto aquire ip address in you lan settings can help. Go to internet options in explorer, connections tab...then look near bottom for lan settings....If you are connecting to a specific server (ie: the options to connect to a proxy server have been filled in....if they are empty you have nothing to worry about but dont change them if they arent and forget about changing the ip settings as I am uncertain how your isp will react to the suggested change).

Alternately you may just have to open up more "ports" on your computer....this is a little trickier and I have not determined an absolutely safe (safe meaning I know the full extent of what will happen...ie: decreased security etc....) method for doing this (do a search on google again for some decently reliable tutorail or instructions on how to accomplish the desired results). However if in the end it is your modem/router that has a restricting firewall.....things become more difficult and you have to get tech support from them (do NOT modify anything with regards to your modem without first doing this and even then follow instructions given exactly).

Also just to test whether its just your computer or not you should try starting the download on a friends or public computer (just to make sure that there are indeed peers to connect to). If this last bit (which you should ironicly enough be trying first) produces no seeds or leachers (other people trying to download or upload) then that means your out of luck and there is no one there....again in lonersville....population you....(naruto torrents are I think always seeded though so I would be extremely surprised).

Darcy White
Russelwhite is offline   Reply With Quote