AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-16, 20:48   Link #1261
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
That makes sense of a lot of things then, thanks!


Not sure if BCAD is even going to make it this year... they still haven't announced the console yet.

I'm honestly not sure if code_18 is going to even be made. They announced it and have sat on it for a while now, the art looks like old designs they found while digging from the 2000s... it doesn't look like they have anything put together for it at all.
Think of it this way for BCAD.

More time=better quality.

Nakazawa tends to place quality over time, and this will be no exception. Not to mention that since he runs his own company, he can spend a longer time developing BCAD.

As for Code18...yeah, unless we get any new information that could change my mind, I'm not really inclined to care about it right now.

Oh, and Nakazawa did state on his blog that the platform should be revealed with the next update.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 22:44   Link #1262
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Talking

Spoiler for E17:
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 22:54   Link #1263
TJR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Oh I see it, yeah it looks like he says he's unfortunately not involved in the X360 version. Thanks for pointing it out.

So I suppose the big question is... who's gonna pen the new scenarios? Uchikoshi?
Uchikoshi works exclusively for Chun Soft now. Whether he's involved with another company's product depends on his employer's flexibility regarding these matters (it's pretty rare for a company employee to get that kind of freedom though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos!
Not sure what was Cyberfront thinking... Are they thinking being the 1st to release among the competitors of the series(Code18, BCAD, E17 remake) would let them have the bigger sales? I would think that 5pb's pretty safe irregardless of the release date since they're targetting fans of the original series. And up to now no news on Code18 makes this even more worrying.
Do they really expect much from Code18? I think they're just capitalizing on the current popularity of sci-fi adventures, such as Steins;Gate. Of course, everyone else has the same idea too.

CyberFront has never had any vision or long-term plan for their KID properties, so I can't see Code18 being a special case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce
Oh yeah, almost forgot that Ever17 had two other writers. Again, I really wish I knew who did what part.
All I know is that Nakazawa wrote You's scenario.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 22:54   Link #1264
Terri87
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Terri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 23:00   Link #1265
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Uchikoshi works exclusively for Chun Soft now. Whether he's involved with another company's product depends on his employer's flexibility regarding these matters (it's pretty rare for a company employee to get that kind of freedom though).
Side contract work is not uncommon, especially if he's not doing anything at the moment. It's not like penning a few extra scenes is going to task all of his resources.

Quote:
CyberFront has never had any vision or long-term plan for their KID properties, so I can't see Code18 being a special case.
They sure enjoy re-releasing the entire catalog on PSP though.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 23:12   Link #1266
David Watts
Stay Free
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to David Watts
so will it get a English release?
__________________
But go easy... Step lightly... Stay free...
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 23:15   Link #1267
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
so will it get a English release?
Probably not.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 23:16   Link #1268
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Spoiler for E17:
I would love to see this, actually.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:34   Link #1269
David Watts
Stay Free
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to David Watts
damn that would be great if they did...
wait is it just going to be an updated version or will their be new writing?
__________________
But go easy... Step lightly... Stay free...
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:39   Link #1270
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
damn that would be great if they did...
wait is it just going to be an updated version or will their be new writing?
There is new writing, though to what extent we don't know yet.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 07:49   Link #1271
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
2011 Spring Code18
2011 Summer Ever17 Remake
Not sure what was Cyberfront thinking... Are they thinking being the 1st to release among the competitors of the series(Code18, BCAD, E17 remake) would let them have the bigger sales? I would think that 5pb's pretty safe irregardless of the release date since they're targetting fans of the original series. And up to now no news on Code18 makes this even more worrying.
Maybe they want to sell Code18 just by hyping it (new infinity game!!), and when people realize it sucks and think back to how awesome the infinity series (*cough*cough*Ever17*cough*cough*) they just happen to be releasing Ever17 right at that moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Say, if this is a new version with all new details, does anyone else think that they should make a Remember11 remake like this and actually finish the story? I would certainly like that.
Definitely not. Remember11 wouldn't be Remember11 anymore if the solution was given away just like that. Some more hints would be nice, though.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 10:26   Link #1272
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Maybe they want to sell Code18 just by hyping it (new infinity game!!), and when people realize it sucks and think back to how awesome the infinity series (*cough*cough*Ever17*cough*cough*) they just happen to be releasing Ever17 right at that moment?
Doesn't it benefit 5pb more instead? Unless CF and 5pb have been discussing this even before Code18 was announced...


Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Definitely not. Remember11 wouldn't be Remember11 anymore if the solution was given away just like that. Some more hints would be nice, though.
1 of the reason the Infinity Series is still talked about today was due to the unsolved mysteries they intentionally left. IMO, it's better to leave some minor mysteries for readers to discuss so the works will still remain in readers' mind. However, too much mysteries left unsolved will make it as if the writer digged too big a hole for him to cover, making the readers... Basically a recap of some of the mysteries in the series...

Never7:
Spoiler for N7 Spoilers:


Ever17:
Spoiler for E17 Spoilers:


Remember11: Too much mysteries
Spoiler for R11 Spoilers:


12Riven: I haven't played it yet, so no comments...


If i remember correctly, Nakazawa once said that in an interview that the Infinity Series has concluded for him. Guess that's the reason unlike Memories Off, none of the involved parties(Regista or even 5pb) bought over Infinity series from Cyberfront
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 16:05   Link #1273
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Teaser site's up, people.

http://5pb.jp/games/ever17/

It mentions, "New scenarios" along with "new endings", though to what extent is not explained.

It also mentions "Linear design" something, but I can't read the rest.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-02-17 at 16:33.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 20:44   Link #1274
Polarem
Dango Digitizer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Teaser site's up, people.

http://5pb.jp/games/ever17/

It mentions, "New scenarios" along with "new endings", though to what extent is not explained.

It also mentions "Linear design" something, but I can't read the rest.
リニューアルデザインされた舞背景 ("Renewal design" -- (something) -- dance -- background?)
Updated design of moving backgrounds? In any case, it sounds like a reference to the redesign of LeMU's interior.

I'm loving the LeMU looming in front of me at the website.
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 21:55   Link #1275
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
リニューアルデザインされた舞背景 ("Renewal design" -- (something) -- dance -- background?)
Updated design of moving backgrounds? In any case, it sounds like a reference to the redesign of LeMU's interior.

I'm loving the LeMU looming in front of me at the website.
Yeah, I believe your assessment is correct.

I love that LeMU as well. It's as if it's telling me "Welcome deep place", yet again. And it looks like a different angle than we usually see it.

Speaking of which, anyone else liking the new LeMU design? It looks a lot cooler and more futuristic than the old one (though it's kinda hard to say "futuristic" when it's going to take place in a mere six years). It reminds of some actual Japanese amusement parks that I've been to. It looks more resort-like too.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 22:23   Link #1276
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I noticed someone posted a clearer interpretation of the site in some other forum here.

I like the new LeMU because it actually looks like an amusement park instead of a research lab with two rides stuck on the sides now.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 22:43   Link #1277
Polarem
Dango Digitizer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler for Coco's route, end spoiler:

Spoiler for Coco's Route end spoiler:

Spoiler for Coco's Route end spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
I noticed someone posted a clearer interpretation of the site in some other forum here.

I like the new LeMU because it actually looks like an amusement park instead of a research lab with two rides stuck on the sides now.
Haha, same here
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 06:28   Link #1278
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
I cant help to wonder if we really need a remake. IMO Ever17 was a perfect game and some changes might hurt ir rather than help. I would be happy with just a HD "remix" - tho 3D also sounds nice.
But on the other hand, its another chance for people who havent played it, to experience how wonderful Ever17 is.

Lets just hope they will be smart about this remake.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 14:03   Link #1279
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
I cant help to wonder if we really need a remake. IMO Ever17 was a perfect game and some changes might hurt ir rather than help. I would be happy with just a HD "remix" - tho 3D also sounds nice.
But on the other hand, its another chance for people who havent played it, to experience how wonderful Ever17 is.

Lets just hope they will be smart about this remake.
Maybe if we think of the extras as an "Ever17 fandisk" it would work? It seems more marketed towards people who have already played it once, after all. If I go by that logic, then a "remake" makes more sense. I guess you could compare this to the Higurashi PS2 and DS versions, which had extra arcs, but they didn't subtract from the experience at all.

Yeah, I agree, I pray from the bottom of my heart that they don't f*** this up.

Also, now that the characters have gone from "2D" to "3D"...

Spoiler for End game spoilers:
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 15:25   Link #1280
waffo
25% Unknown
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: End of the World
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Spoiler for End game spoilers:


If the 360 port of Ever17 is ever officially brought over to America, I need convince my friend to buy it, even if she's never played a visual novel before. Though I may not do that if the changes added are for the worse and not for the better. Ah, I should've bought Ever17 years ago when I saw it on Rightstuf for a normal price...
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.