AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-24, 20:44   Link #21
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
Uh...........no.


The voices are good, so far. Good enough I won't bitch and make subpar comparisons.
Well, back up your arguement, then. You're entitled to your opinion, but I made some half-decent points, whereas you made none.
ChainLegacy is offline  
Old 2004-10-24, 22:56   Link #22
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
Ahaha, they actually did a ok job on the dubbing.
And A-Keep&ANBU - Spoon were close to the *Law of Equivalent Trade* thing.
(Law of Equivalence)
iceyfw is offline  
Old 2004-10-25, 17:11   Link #23
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
Ahaha, they actually did a ok job on the dubbing.
And A-Keep&ANBU - Spoon were close to the *Law of Equivalent Trade* thing.
(Law of Equivalence)
Well, that was a judgement call. Law of conservation is still my favorite because of the chemistry ties.
ChainLegacy is offline  
Old 2004-10-25, 18:18   Link #24
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by killermonk
Well, that was a judgement call. Law of conservation is still my favorite because of the chemistry ties.
I'm so sorry I made you mad.
iceyfw is offline  
Old 2004-10-25, 19:30   Link #25
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: America's Wang.
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I like Law of Conversation to.

and the voices...blegh, Cornello sounds like he has a dildo shoved up his ass o_O;;
__________________
Komataguri is offline  
Old 2004-10-25, 20:44   Link #26
state_alchemist
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildoe
OMG...Al sounds like he's speaking through a bucket the whole time :S
I don't like US voices tbh...they sound so corny...
Isn't his voice suppose to sound like that. They do the same thing with the japanese version. Do you like that there is a person in Japan right now that sounds exactly like that. But Ed's voice, I still think that they could have done a better job on picking someone to do that voice.
__________________

Twins seperated at birth?
state_alchemist is offline  
Old 2004-10-25, 22:30   Link #27
sOnJoOL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
i dont support dub, but i thought this one was barely acceptable. -__-;;;
sOnJoOL is offline  
Old 2004-10-26, 14:15   Link #28
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Schweden, ja!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
i dont support dub, but i thought this one was barely acceptable. -__-;;;
could be worse, they could have used the swedish Beyblade voice actors talking english that would be a horror, they sound like they are taking a shit while talking, and that is worse
__________________
Dansa med oss klappa era händer,gör som vi gör, ta några steg åt vänster nu är ni här med Karamelldansen
Fei-san is offline  
Old 2004-10-29, 23:44   Link #29
FET-Kun
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 28
The thing with FMA, is that it's populare. People want the DVD's, so they are going to get the show out as soon as possible. Because of this they don't care to spend lot's of time finding just the right voice actor.

Like others pointed out, for most of the cast, FMA is their first dubbing job. But the company doesn't care, because they'll make lot's of cash...bad dubbing or not. Heck, the translation can suck horribly, but it doesn't matter...they only want the money in the end.

It's the case with most companies. Besides, this IS Funi after all people. They've screw'd up more anime then they've done right. Defenitly not a company with a good rep among most anime fans.

However, I've seen alot of awesome dubbing quality on animes. Look at FLCL's dub, It's great.
FET-Kun is offline  
Old 2004-10-30, 01:07   Link #30
zarkand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I think you are being a bit to hard on Funi. Sure Dragonball Z wasn't the best dub they did but its was also their first. Its just in my personal opinion but I think Funimation has gotten better as they go along. Sure some of the things they do with really long anime's rises questions, however it can still be a learning experience to finding out what their consumers want.

As for using newer voice actors for this dub. Remember they also increased they amount of anime they have acquired. This means they are going to need an increase of actors to avoid reusing the same actors over and over again. Best way to train a new actor is to have them in important roles. At the start of it all they may not be the best but they also have the support of the other voice actors who are more experienced.
zarkand is offline  
Old 2004-10-30, 06:41   Link #31
Panon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
Defenitly not a company with a good rep among most anime fans.
...and that's mainly through ignorance, and people thinking their "screwing up" of DBZ (god, who cares) applies to everything they've done and are going to do.

They didn't screw up things like Blue Gender, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Kiddy Grade or Fruits Basket, to name a few.

Want to name some other series they've "ruined"?
Panon is offline  
Old 2004-10-30, 11:54   Link #32
NinjaServ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon
...and that's mainly through ignorance, and people thinking their "screwing up" of DBZ (god, who cares) applies to everything they've done and are going to do.
Well, you have to think, MOST people don't know that FUNimation DID NOT dub OR produce the first two EXTREMELY fucked up seasons of DBZ. After the music was changed and stuff they had to continue that way for the rest of the series probably because they didn't want it to EXTREMELY change TOO much so that the fanbase built by Cartoon Network would stop watching.

Anyways, most people blame and HATE FUNimation for something they didn't even do....so you have to take that into consideration when people say "THEY FUCKED UP DBZ!!!"....

IMO FUNi is one of the BEST companies at dubbing, and so far they are the ONLY company that does a GOOD job at dubbing songs (probably the fact they get people that can SING to dub the songs, and the alter the lyrics so it FLOWS well in english). I think FMA will be dubbed VERY well, if it follows the good past of dubs from FUNimation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
The thing with FMA, is that it's populare. People want the DVD's, so they are going to get the show out as soon as possible. Because of this they don't care to spend lot's of time finding just the right voice actor.
What are you talking about? FUNi already has a set of voice actors that work for them regularly, they are very talented from what I've seen, so expect the dubs to be good !
__________________
Give me negative feedback, even on good posts, going for -100 so I can have TWO red buttons !!! Current Feedback: -21[/size]

Last edited by NinjaServ; 2004-10-30 at 12:04.
NinjaServ is offline  
Old 2004-10-30, 14:17   Link #33
FET-Kun
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
...and that's mainly through ignorance, and people thinking their "screwing up" of DBZ (god, who cares) applies to everything they've done and are going to do.
Hey, I've seen most people typically dislike most of Funi's dubs. I do know that Fruits Basket and Case Close, (despite the title change) were done good. But either way, 100% justified or not, Funi does not have a good rep typically.

Quote:
What are you talking about? FUNi already has a set of voice actors that work for them regularly, they are very talented from what I've seen, so expect the dubs to be good !
That's a bit much to say I think. Ed's voice actor for one thing, originally didn't even research his role. He thought Ed was just some cocky kid. He did research the role a bit after seeing the show was interesting. Talented? Probably. The best choice? Probably not, and from what I've seen, most don't like the voices in FMA so far.
FET-Kun is offline  
Old 2004-10-30, 15:51   Link #34
NinjaServ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
That's a bit much to say I think. Ed's voice actor for one thing, originally didn't even research his role. He thought Ed was just some cocky kid. He did research the role a bit after seeing the show was interesting. Talented? Probably. The best choice? Probably not, and from what I've seen, most don't like the voices in FMA so far.
There are some things you have to keep in mind when listening to dubs. First it depends on wether or not the voice matches the personally (overall, not some fan's biast thoughts on the matter). Second is another thing you have to keep in mind, if you heard the japanese voices and you FIRST hear the dubs, YOU WON'T LIKE THEM! The voices in Evangelion weren't bad at all, they WERE different tho, so it took time to adjust, by the 5th episode I was used to them. There are also shows I saw in English first, PRIME example of COMPLETELY OPPOSITE voicing styles in the English and Japanese versions was Tenchi. Anyone who heard and watched the Japanese version first could not STAND the english voices. I saw it dubbed first, and I don't particually care for the Japanese voices much.

Basically, GIVE THEM A CHANCE, they will take TIME to get use to because your brain goes "WOAH!!! WTF iS GOING ON HERE?!?!" If they start coming out and MISPRONOUNCING things and one of the voices is WAY off (as in cases like Love Hina....Southern Bell accent? WTF?!?! And Inu Yasha.....WTF?!?!? How many different ways CAN you pronounce his name?!?! LOL) THEN you can bash, but not until you give it a GOOD 10 episodes to get adjusted.

As for RESEARCH goes, DO SOME YOURSELF. After making biast claims that were NOT backed up by FACT "FUNimation screws up all their shows" etc. they ORIGINALLY didn't even fuck up the ONE show they had the RIGHTS too, the fact they sublicensed it to Pioneer to dub, and their name was on it becaus they owned the license, THEY got the bad reputation. As for shows they have done themself, the ONLY one that ended out worse than the original was Dragonball GT, which was fucking HORRIBLE to beging with, ALL the rest they have the ORIGINAL music and kept them as CLOSE to the ORIGINAL as possible.
__________________
Give me negative feedback, even on good posts, going for -100 so I can have TWO red buttons !!! Current Feedback: -21[/size]
NinjaServ is offline  
Old 2004-10-30, 20:53   Link #35
FET-Kun
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
As for RESEARCH goes, DO SOME YOURSELF
I may of gone too far to say, "They've screw'd up more anime then they've done right." but everything else I said doesn't require any back ups by facts, and they aren't biased opinions, simply because it's all true. Most dubbing companies hardly DON'T take the time to cast the perfect voice for a character.

I said all this because so many have complained about the voices from the clips. I'm just saying that FMA is a hot title right now, and they want it out there as quick as possible. So it wouldn't surprise me if many voices aren't that great in the dub due to Funi wanting it out on the market asap.
FET-Kun is offline  
Old 2004-10-30, 20:59   Link #36
NinjaServ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
I may of gone too far to say, "They've screw'd up more anime then they've done right." but everything else I said doesn't require any back ups by facts, and they aren't biased opinions, simply because it's all true. Most dubbing companies hardly DON'T take the time to cast the perfect voice for a character.

I said all this because so many have complained about the voices from the clips. I'm just saying that FMA is a hot title right now, and they want it out there as quick as possible. So it wouldn't surprise me if many voices aren't that great in the dub due to Funi wanting it out on the market asap.
No...that is called being BIAST dumbass...of COURSE they want it out fast, but that does not mean they will not dub it well. I have yet to see FUNi accually do CASTING outside of the voice actors that work for them, so if you mean searching through ALL voice actors in america, then no, they NEVER do that, but to be honest, I don't see the point, as long as they do a good job it doesn't matter. YOU are just too quick to state your biast reviews about something and SAY that it is true when NOTHING you say can be backed up with fact.

Here is a HINT for a underdeveloped brain like yours, if you can't back it up with FACT, then it is NOT TRUE DUMBASS....
__________________
Give me negative feedback, even on good posts, going for -100 so I can have TWO red buttons !!! Current Feedback: -21[/size]
NinjaServ is offline  
Old 2004-10-31, 00:48   Link #37
FET-Kun
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
No...that is called being BIAST dumbass...of COURSE they want it out fast, but that does not mean they will not dub it well. I have yet to see FUNi accually do CASTING outside of the voice actors that work for them, so if you mean searching through ALL voice actors in america, then no, they NEVER do that, but to be honest, I don't see the point, as long as they do a good job it doesn't matter. YOU are just too quick to state your biast reviews about something and SAY that it is true when NOTHING you say can be backed up with fact.

Here is a HINT for a underdeveloped brain like yours, if you can't back it up with FACT, then it is NOT TRUE DUMBASS....
Ok, now your just being funny. Seriously.

You agree with me that obviously they want it out fast. So basically your now just arguing opinions with me, while throwing insults in, which only make you look worse by the way. No, being quick with dubbing doesn't always mean it'll be bad, but it sort of implies that any rough edges that happened along the way weren't polished out. You think the dubs will be good and you go on about how I have no facts to go with what I say. Well I think I have enough facts with those clips to say it'll be a bad dub. At this point, one could figure we'll at most get a decent dub if we're lucky...ya know, something typical of a english dub. BUT, they were just clips after all though, so I'm undoubtedly going to watch it on CN to get the full effect.

Now speaking of facts, you go off at me about how I don't have facts to back up my stuff? Well I certainly don't see any facts backing up your stuff. Why should someone beleive what you say any more then what I say? All I see is a little boy spouting off foul language for no good reason because someone else has his doubts about the quality of Funi's FMA dubbing.

If your getting steamed over my simple comments to go as far as calling me dumbass and other things when I have made absolutely no comments to personally attack you, then I guess I'm done here.
FET-Kun is offline  
Old 2004-10-31, 08:33   Link #38
NinjaServ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
You think the dubs will be good and you go on about how I have no facts to go with what I say.
No, I NEVER said the dubs were good NOR have I heard any clips, but you can't go JUST by clips. Unless you have SEEN at least 5 to 10 episodes (giving your brain some time to adjust to the akwardness of seeing it dubbed) you don't have the right to say shit about the dub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
Now speaking of facts, you go off at me about how I don't have facts to back up my stuff? Well I certainly don't see any facts backing up your stuff. Why should someone beleive what you say any more then what I say? All I see is a little boy spouting off foul language for no good reason because someone else has his doubts about the quality of Funi's FMA dubbing.
I never STATED anything that were facts except for ONE thing, I stated they haven't screwed up any dubs, because Pioneer had the sublicense to DBZ in the two seasons it was fucked up (formally listed in the FAQ on the dragonballz.com website). Other than that I haven't stated anything on that GIVE THEM A CHANCE you dumb fuck...as for child, I'm a child at heart ! Even tho I'm 23 I still watch cartoons, so if that qualifies me as a child then fuck yes man, I don't wanna grow up, I'm an aime kid !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FET-Kun
If your getting steamed over my simple comments to go as far as calling me dumbass and other things when I have made absolutely no comments to personally attack you, then I guess I'm done here.
I just call it as I see it, you are bashing something you havent' SEEN, you are acting like the PSP fanboys in the DS vs PSP thread, spouting off IRRATIONAL comments about something you haven't SEEN, if that isnt' acting like a dumbass, then NOTHING anyone can do can qualify them to be a dumbass....
__________________
Give me negative feedback, even on good posts, going for -100 so I can have TWO red buttons !!! Current Feedback: -21[/size]
NinjaServ is offline  
Old 2004-10-31, 11:37   Link #39
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Does your calling him a dumbass have place here, regardless? I think not.

...Well, I'm not basing my arguements on funi's past, since this is a new project, "another chance to excel," as my World History teacher would put it. I personally didn't think Ed's voice really fit his personality, nor did I think it sounded... Natural. It didn't even sound like a human being, to be honest.
ChainLegacy is offline  
Old 2004-10-31, 18:21   Link #40
FET-Kun
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
No, I NEVER said the dubs were good NOR have I heard any clips, but you can't go JUST by clips.
Your barely reading what I've been typing. I said I know they were just clips and I will of course watch the series when it's on CN soon to get the full effect of it. But most agree the clips in general weren't so great. BUt what's most funny about the above is that you said you haven't watched the clips yourself. LOL, and your going on how I have no right to be criticizing the clips when you haven't even seen them...haha, riiiiight. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
GIVE THEM A CHANCE you dumb fuck
Gee, there it is, more of that great vocabulary you have. But again, your just not reading what I've been typing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
you are bashing something you havent' SEEN
What the heck do you think this thread has been about? It's been about the currently available FMA dub clips from Funi. Myself, and everyone else in this thread have seen clips, which are like 5+mins combined I think of Funi's FMA dubbing. Now, concidering what I've read here and other places, most do not like what they've seen so far of funi's FMA dubbing. But of course, as I've said befor I'm hoping it'll be better when I see the series in full on CN soon.

Your trying to defend something you have not yet seen yourself. Are you seriouse man? To flame me for bashing something you yourself haven't taking the time to watch is so ridiculouse. You need to stop right now and actually read what I've been typing, and then try actually watching the clips so your opinions will actually matter in this thread.
FET-Kun is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.