AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-10, 13:29   Link #121
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellhound13 View Post
But Ai Kora AKA Love & Collage has more girls than Love Hina
Are you sure? I think if we were to count all the girls Love Hina would have equal of them...

Sakurako Tenmaku - Naru Narusegawa
Tsubame Ameyagi - Haruka Urashima
Yukari Tsukino - Shinobu Maehara
Kirino Ootori - Motoko Aoyama
Ayame Yatsuhashi - Mitsune Konno
Azusa Tsukino & Mayu Tsukino - Sarah McDougal & Kaolla Su
Sayo - Mutsumi Otohime
Ai Hagidzuka - Amalla Su
Kyogai Hatsuka - Kanako Urashima
Ayako Tanefuda - Tsuruko Aoyama
Matsuyama Chizuru - Ema Maeda
Kureha Kano - Mei Narusegawa
Kunoichi Awayuki - Nyamo Namo

Seems pretty equal list, if you ignore the fact that there is a bigger number of girls who had a romantic interest in main protagonist in Love Hina and the side character girls had more appearance and more character development than the ones in Ai Kora.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 19:32   Link #122
hellhound13
Psycho Mind!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Are you sure? I think if we were to count all the girls Love Hina would have equal of them...

Sakurako Tenmaku - Naru Narusegawa
Tsubame Ameyagi - Haruka Urashima
Yukari Tsukino - Shinobu Maehara
Kirino Ootori - Motoko Aoyama
Ayame Yatsuhashi - Mitsune Konno
Azusa Tsukino & Mayu Tsukino - Sarah McDougal & Kaolla Su
Sayo - Mutsumi Otohime
Ai Hagidzuka - Amalla Su
Kyogai Hatsuka - Kanako Urashima
Ayako Tanefuda - Tsuruko Aoyama
Matsuyama Chizuru - Ema Maeda
Kureha Kano - Mei Narusegawa
Kunoichi Awayuki - Nyamo Namo

Seems pretty equal list, if you ignore the fact that there is a bigger number of girls who had a romantic interest in main protagonist in Love Hina and the side character girls had more appearance and more character development than the ones in Ai Kora.

Well.............. in the end there were a lot of girls chasing Maeda from other country
hellhound13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 00:44   Link #123
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well give names to those.... just that there are some random nameless girls following him doesn't tell much. And Keitaro might have had quite a few when he was away as well.

Anyways, those nameless girls without any personality should not be counted as characters, more like the background figures.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 20:35   Link #124
hellhound13
Psycho Mind!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well give names to those.... just that there are some random nameless girls following him doesn't tell much. And Keitaro might have had quite a few when he was away as well.

Anyways, those nameless girls without any personality should not be counted as characters, more like the background figures.
If you say so........
i wont argue much longer.......
hellhound13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 11:19   Link #125
Dorfl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
Finally read the ending. Hachibei going all freaky-stalker in the last few chapters kinda pissed me off, but it ended well.
__________________
Dorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 11:31   Link #126
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a 2D paradise
This manga was quite fun and "refreshing" to read, wonder why they never made an anime for this one when there are anime's for lesser content manga's like Asu no Yoichi.

Btw I wonder how the story would have gone if Ootori was more persistent in gettin Hachibe.
__________________
An4rchy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 18:16   Link #127
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
One of the worst ending ever... Author just started to set ending properly, all was going to end good and... just ruined everything in last few pages... For what? Little fanservice? For bunch of stupid otaku? He even ruined Tenmaku character in the end...
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 20:54   Link #128
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
One of the worst ending ever... Author just started to set ending properly, all was going to end good and... just ruined everything in last few pages... For what? Little fanservice? For bunch of stupid otaku? He even ruined Tenmaku character in the end...
I don't think this series was any good in the romance department to begin with. It was rather one of those comedy harem series even though the author tried to put some focus on Tenmaku towards the end - even with some some definite lovey-dovey ending this one would've received a mediocre rating from me.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 21:08   Link #129
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
I had a nice time reading Ai Kora... i never ask too much to this kind of manga, it was a comedy, i laughed hard with Hachibei to no end.

Hachibei and Kenji Harima would be best buddies
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 13:00   Link #130
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
I don't think so Kenji Harima would never sought a harem end ;_;
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 15:49   Link #131
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
I Wasn't talking about that, i was talking that both were too much bipolars

I can see Harima and Hachibei fighting only with their hands an entire army of clones to save Tenmaku and Tenma...
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 18:21   Link #132
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Waven medicore+ is still better then sh1t like this now... Yes romance wasnt too good, but still had some development and deserve good ending...

You mean both Harima and Hachibei are idiots... Useless piece of trash...
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 22:00   Link #133
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
That's why they are so funny. They aren't designed to be heroes, badasses or whatever.
You can't expect seriousness in such mangas, they're made to laugh.

I do prefer that kind of male protagonist... i will always pick Hachibei over Junpei (from Ichigo 100%).

If you think, from Maison Ikkoku, then I''s, Love Hina, Ichigo 100% until now... Girl Saurus DX, B Gata H Kei, KissxSiss, Nana to Kaoru, Yankee kun to Megane Chan (Shinagawa would make the perfect trio of idiots with Harima and Hachibei ) etc... every male lead is made of pure failure. Can you think how boring would be a romantic comedy if the male lead would be a ladies'man?. I don't know if i should count SHnY or Toradora as Romantic Comedy, but still, Kyon and Ryuuji are just a few exceptions in a whole universe of idiots (but most of them d*mn funny).
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 23:27   Link #134
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
That's why they are so funny. They aren't designed to be heroes, badasses or whatever.
You can't expect seriousness in such mangas, they're made to laugh.

I do prefer that kind of male protagonist... i will always pick Hachibei over Junpei (from Ichigo 100%).

If you think, from Maison Ikkoku, then I''s, Love Hina, Ichigo 100% until now... Girl Saurus DX, B Gata H Kei, KissxSiss, Nana to Kaoru, Yankee kun to Megane Chan (Shinagawa would make the perfect trio of idiots with Harima and Hachibei ) etc... every male lead is made of pure failure. Can you think how boring would be a romantic comedy if the male lead would be a ladies'man?. I don't know if i should count SHnY or Toradora as Romantic Comedy, but still, Kyon and Ryuuji are just a few exceptions in a whole universe of idiots (but most of them d*mn funny).
Yep, yep, yep!
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 12:03   Link #135
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
I not expect from them to be heroes, badass etc... But at least- to learn something in the end... Even if its last few chapters, even if its only last few pages- they should develop... They are like made of paper, synthetic character who is same in begining and in the end of manga... Never change, never learn, never develop... How long you can laugh of same jokes?

Remember one of last scenes in School Rumble when Harima was sad because Tenma leaved him and arrived to America and Eri come to console him? He yelled at her that she is stupid princess who always get what she want and cant understannd him... WTF? I cant count how much chapters she chased him, gives a lot of hints, we saw even some developments (ofc always she must do first move ;p) and still he cant understand even one thing... And he still can yelled to her like this... That pissed me off more then anything i saw in romance comedy manga or anime...

Same with Hachibei- we saw solid development and author throw away it all in last few pages... Only to pleasure bunch of idiots with a little fanservice...
For what?

And that kind of humor isnt really that much funny... I prefer situation humor or nonsense humor like in for example Zippy Ziggy, Aspirin or Sasameke...
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 13:37   Link #136
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
With the due respect, but your case is the exactly situation when somebody confuses the quality of a work with his/her tastes:

"This manga/anime is very good/bad because i (don't) like it so much".

I read School Rumble and i can say that there are a lot of things i treasured as teachings: Harima was banned from Tsukamoto's house and he was in Xmas Eve totally alone and with no money and Mikoto found him in the street selling tissues, i almost cried because you never know what's going to happen, from the sadness to the joy because she picked up and gave him a roof where he could work in his manga and Mikoto wasn't his best friend or whatever, she just felt that she can leave him alone. Of Course School Rumble isn't the greatest manga ever. But i think that i must find the things to learn in manga or the daily life, not backwards.

In that aspect, Hachibei's lessons was about to not judge books by their cover. Tenmaku had her sad history that i could see with my own eyes with some friend that suffered because she was bullied because she was kind of pretty.... so i can read something related to my own experiences and thus i felt some identification with Ai Kora.

Every manga i listed before is made with the same formula and the first ingredient is a male lead character who is a looser, idiot, bipolar, etc... just look at Shinki Ikari, he has his own Romantic Comedy (Misato the Nee-san, Rei the shy, Asuka the idol, etc) and he is probably the most bashed male lead character EVER... and Evangelion is acknowledged as one of the most iconic Anime EVER.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 13:54   Link #137
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
For me Evangelion is one of the best anime i ever watch too... But not because of Shinji- half because of Asuka and half because of plot...

Heh Im complain here about Harima and Hachibei personality, i dont know why you write here so much about stuff which have nothing to do with my complains here...
If you have some times read this:
http://pishi.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/rumble-ass/

Author of this blog did great job explaining his, my and a lot of people feelings about SR...

And about Air Kora- I complain here only about last few pages of this manga... It will be all great if they will never exist...
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.