AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-21, 18:04   Link #561
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
And the New World is where the most powerful pirates reside. That's why the first half of the grand line is called "paradise". The emperors are renowned as those standing at the very top in this era of piracy. That's basically synonymous to them being the greatest/strongest.
Don't try twisting and making stuff up now. Having the title of Yonkou doesn't automatically make Shanks stronger than Mihawk and you know it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Never claimed otherwise.


There's nothing wrong with a shichibukai being stronger than a Yonkou. But you don't have any concrete evidence to make such a bold claim.
Mihawk being the strongest swords is all the proof necessary.

Unless you can give something that indicates that Shanks has another main fighting style, then Mihawk is stronger than him and that's all there is to it.
__________________
Haven't been on this forum since May 01, 2010.
-Suigetsu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 18:23   Link #562
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
Don't try twisting and making stuff up now. Having the title of Yonkou doesn't automatically make Shanks stronger than Mihawk and you know it.
What have I made up? I didn't say Shanks is stronger than Mihawk. I'm saying that Mihawk's title of "Strongest Swordsman in the World" doesn't mean he's overall stronger than Shanks just because the latter has so far only been shown to wield a sword. You want to bring titles into this, so I'm doing the same for Shanks.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 18:26   Link #563
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
Mihawk is also stronger than Shanks as well.
At the end of the day there's no material in One Piece that makes this statement true. Yes we know Mihawk is the strongest swordsman, though that doesn't make him the strongest in the One Piece universe.

Sure you can believe whatever you want, though don't try and force your personal opinion as true facts.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 18:37   Link #564
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
What have I made up? I didn't say Shanks is stronger than Mihawk. I'm saying that Mihawk's title of "Strongest Swordsman in the World" doesn't mean he's overall stronger than Shanks just because the latter has so far only been shown to wield a sword. You want to bring titles into this, so I'm doing the same for Shanks.
You're trying to say that the title of Yonkou means that you're 1 of the 4 strongest pirates which isn't true in the slightest. The Yonkou are just 4 formidable pirates who rule over the New World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At the end of the day there's no material in One Piece that makes this statement true. Yes we know Mihawk is the strongest swordsman, though that doesn't make him the strongest in the One Piece universe.

Sure you can believe whatever you want, though don't try and force your personal opinion as true facts.
Where did I ever state that Mihawk was the strongest character in One Piece?

I'm not the one who started this debate so that latter part of your post makes no sense.
__________________
Haven't been on this forum since May 01, 2010.
-Suigetsu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 18:45   Link #565
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
You're trying to say that the title of Yonkou means that you're 1 of the 4 strongest pirates which isn't true in the slightest. The Yonkou are just 4 formidable pirates who rule over the New World.
Nope. Garp proves you wrong with the following link: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2539-...apter-432.html

Try again.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 19:00   Link #566
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
Where did I ever state that Mihawk was the strongest character in One Piece?
You're changing the topic, like you have been doing with the discussion with Blackbeard. At the end of the day you're stating that your facts are the truth, when you have no evidence behind them.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 19:09   Link #567
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Nope. Garp proves you wrong with the following link: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2539-...apter-432.html

Try again.
Man you need to get some better translations, what's said is this:

Of the millions of pirates there are now...he stands as high as that "White Beard"
as one of the four most formidable pirates


http://mangahelpers.com/t/momodaisuki/releases/5900

Not to mention, character statements aren't always accurate you know that right? However something stated by Oda isn't up for debate. That's the difference between the two titles here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You're changing the topic, like you have been doing with the discussion with Blackbeard.
How am I changing the topic? If anyone's changing the topic, it's you.

I asked you to show me where I said that Mihawk is the strongest character in the series, and you didn't because you obviously like to pull nonsense from your rear end.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At the end of the day you're stating that your facts are the truth, when you have no evidence behind them.
I love how you don't give any examples of me supposedly doing this. You're all talk lol.
__________________
Haven't been on this forum since May 01, 2010.
-Suigetsu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 19:21   Link #568
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Sigh. This is going no where fast.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 19:23   Link #569
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
Man you need to get some better translations, what's said is this:

Of the millions of pirates there are now...he stands as high as that "White Beard"
as one of the four most formidable pirates


http://mangahelpers.com/t/momodaisuki/releases/5900

Not to mention, character statements aren't always accurate you know that right? However something stated by Oda isn't up for debate. That's the difference between the two titles here.
That translation is no different than my link. Formidable/Greatest/Strongest; those words are all used in the same context.

And I'll take what Garp says over your delusional/biased perspective.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 19:27   Link #570
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That translation is no different than my link. Formidable/Greatest/Strongest; those words are all used in the same context.

And I'll take what Garp says over your delusional/biased perspective.
Formidable - Arousing fear, dread, or alarm

Obviously the Yonkou bring more fear that Mihawk ever could. Mihawk is only one man, the Yonkou have control over an entire crew, territories, and possibly allies as well.

Hardly the same thing.

Lol, then run along concede.
__________________
Haven't been on this forum since May 01, 2010.
-Suigetsu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 12:48   Link #571
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The Yonkou are just 4 formidable pirates who rule over the New World.
The 4 MOST formidable pirates.

Not just formidable, but the most.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 21:43   Link #572
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
It's funny how people never doubt Mihawk being stronger than Vista, Rayleigh, or any other swordsman beside Shanks, and the reason is because that Shanks is a Yonkou.

It's as if people have a problem with a Shichibukai being stronger than a Yonkou.
__________________
Haven't been on this forum since May 01, 2010.
-Suigetsu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 23:22   Link #573
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
reason is because that Shanks is a Yonkou.
The reason is that Shanks has been seen fighting using other methods (i.e. using his haki as a weapon), and not just his sword.

I am not so sure that Mihawk is stronger than Rayleigh either.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 02:18   Link #574
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Well, we DO all have to remember that Mihawk is the World's Greatest Swordsman. He can still lose via Haki or what not, but if it's a sword fight, I think he'd always come out on top.

That being said, Shanks is still a skilled swordsman mind you. He DID used to spar with Mihawk before he lost his arm. Now Mihawk won't fight him because he takes pity on him or somethin' somewhere.
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 13:36   Link #575
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
Lol, then run along concede.
I had Aohige clarify on Garp's statement regarding the emperors. It turns out we were both wrong.

Garp: There are as many pirates as there are stars in the sky now... and he is one of the four great pirates, rivaling "Whitebeard"!
They rule the later half of Grand Line like emperors, thus they are called "Four Emperors"!!


As you can see, nothing to do with strongest or most formidable.

That being said, I think you're the one who needs to concede. This forum has no place for your obstinate/narrow minded views.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 20:15   Link #576
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
The reason is that Shanks has been seen fighting using other methods (i.e. using his haki as a weapon), and not just his sword.

I am not so sure that Mihawk is stronger than Rayleigh either.
Haki isn't the seperate fighting style. It's a supplement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I had Aohige clarify on Garp's statement regarding the emperors. It turns out we were both wrong.

Garp: There are as many pirates as there are stars in the sky now... and he is one of the four great pirates, rivaling "Whitebeard"!
They rule the later half of Grand Line like emperors, thus they are called "Four Emperors"!!


As you can see, nothing to do with strongest or most formidable.

That being said, I think you're the one who needs to concede. This forum has no place for your obstinate/narrow minded views.
So according to Oda, Mihawk's the strongest swordsman. Have a good day.
__________________
Haven't been on this forum since May 01, 2010.
-Suigetsu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 00:12   Link #577
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Haki isn't the seperate fighting style. It's a supplement.
How do you know that? Haki is indeed a supplement in some cases, but it could also possibly be a completely separate fighting style.

What you say might be true, but it might also be wrong.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 20:31   Link #578
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
How do you know that? Haki is indeed a supplement in some cases, but it could also possibly be a completely separate fighting style.

What you say might be true, but it might also be wrong.
You cannot harm a top tier with haki alone.

It's like saying that the pills that Hodi swallows are a separate fighting style.
__________________
Haven't been on this forum since May 01, 2010.
-Suigetsu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 17:54   Link #579
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
You cannot harm a top tier with haki alone.

It's like saying that the pills that Hodi swallows are a separate fighting style.
How do you know that a battle amongst top tiers can't be decided by wills alone?

It'd almost be like a staring contest
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 06:41   Link #580
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
you realise haki is a MAJOR supplement ? mantra = dodge-hax .. armor - to makes your sword hit harder or to harden your defence (maybe if you make an invisible armor on your hand you can catch/parry swords bare-handed .. Rayleigh stopped that charging elephant and the Boa sisters deflected Luffy's blows)
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.