AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-17, 08:52   Link #21
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
That's what I thought, but for some reason I just can't seem to get it right. I was planning on redoing some lines, but now I'm leaving it till the colour is done, there isn't much point in me working on them if I'm just going to end up scrapping it anyway. I normally do colour the outline, but it tends to be the last thing I do.

Thank you for looking anyway, I really appreciate it. ♥
__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 09:01   Link #22
Cierra
Pieces Of Me
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tokyo,JP
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Cierra
I can work on this a bit but probably after my Christmas vacation is over. I think this will help you a bit with your future works
__________________

Thanks to KiNa for this lovely signature =3
Cierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 22:19   Link #23
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
I could probably use the help, I keep getting told my lines are too thick, even though I'm following the lines exactly (or almost exactly in some cases). The only exception is when I use stroke path, but that isn't very good when it comes to things like hair, so I don't like using it.


I recently started using gimp, I'm still getting used to it, so some things are a bit meh. C&C is very much appreciated. ♥


This is my first try, the huge amount of white on the left wasn't supposed to be there, but there was a problem with the render when I moved it to the left and used the filter, so I just left it. I'll probably redo it now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing.


Version 2 Version 2 with text
Challenge/SOTM entry on another forum.


SOTM entry for this forum.


Another SOTM entry, wasn't too happy with the previous one, so I made another. (I know the scanlines stand out too much, I already plan on lowering the opacity next time I open gimp. xD)

All of these were taken from my photobucket, so they're not-safe png versions.
__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 07:44   Link #24
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:

SOTM entry for this forum.
very lovely entry ~ wish you good luck in SOTM
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 11:52   Link #25
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
Here's the psd.
Sorry for taking so long to check this.

I like what you did there. I never get shape layers right, but your lines are smooth enough in pretty much the whole pic. The trace itself is a little too big for my tastes, but I guess that's something you can always adjust in the end.

I actually added a few colors to it yesterday and will try to finish it sometime this week.

I do hope you don't mind me doing it.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 12:31   Link #26
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Sorry for taking so long to check this.

I like what you did there. I never get shape layers right, but your lines are smooth enough in pretty much the whole pic. The trace itself is a little too big for my tastes, but I guess that's something you can always adjust in the end.

I actually added a few colors to it yesterday and will try to finish it sometime this week.

I do hope you don't mind me doing it.
Most of the time I make vectors for wallpapers, that's why it's so big.

I don't mind at all, in fact I appreciate it, I'd pretty much given up on it, so it's nice not to have all the work put into the outline go to waste.
__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 22:42   Link #27
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post

SOTM entry for this forum.
This one seems lovely as an entry Aurelie.

Quote:

Another SOTM entry, wasn't too happy with the previous one, so I made another. (I know the scanlines stand out too much, I already plan on lowering the opacity next time I open gimp. xD)

All of these were taken from my photobucket, so they're not-safe png versions.
I like how you tried to combine two choices together to try to get this, I personally find it hard to add the choice "Sketches" to any signature and try to combine it with any other element to try to fit. Well done here.
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: TheEroKing
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:46   Link #28
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
I

Version 2 Version 2 with text
Challenge/SOTM entry on another forum.
This one is really cute

And I can't forget to thank you for the BEAUTIFUL Amu sig you did for me (the one I am currently using) !!
__________________
~♥BigBangBigBang♥~
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 06:38   Link #29
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
I don't mind at all, in fact I appreciate it, I'd pretty much given up on it, so it's nice not to have all the work put into the outline go to waste.
And here's what I came up with:





A re-sized version + another one in original size.

Wanted to do a bit more with the hair, but I'll leave it like this before dragging it for months as I tend to do with my own stuff.

The PSD file is now a wopping + 65 MB file and I am having a bit of trouble uploading that. Will try to get it done sometime later today. >_<
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 09:03   Link #30
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
very lovely entry ~ wish you good luck in SOTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
This one seems lovely as an entry Aurelie.
Thank you. ♥

Quote:
I like how you tried to combine two choices together to try to get this, I personally find it hard to add the choice "Sketches" to any signature and try to combine it with any other element to try to fit. Well done here.
I would have tried to combine all three, but I struggled enough just to find an image that would fit two of them, with three of them I probably would have ended up pulling my hair out in frustration. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantingPrincess View Post
This one is really cute

And I can't forget to thank you for the BEAUTIFUL Amu sig you did for me (the one I am currently using) !!
I'm so glad you like it, with me being so new to gimp I wasn't sure it would be good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
And here's what I came up with:





A re-sized version + another one in original size.

Wanted to do a bit more with the hair, but I'll leave it like this before dragging it for months as I tend to do with my own stuff.

The PSD file is now a wopping + 65 MB file and I am having a bit of trouble uploading that. Will try to get it done sometime later today. >_<
Absolutely perfect! Thank you so much, that's way better than I was expecting when I posted the request. ♥
__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 17:29   Link #31
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
Aurelie-san, you do such a good job good luck with SOTM!!
__________________
Suomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 01:31   Link #32
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 07:34   Link #33
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
And here's the PSD!

http://rapidshare.com/files/439170637/purple.psd

There's no real secret or special trick for what I do, but I'll leave it here in case you are still curious about it.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 20:48   Link #34
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Since I haven't posted anything in a while due to illness, I thought I'd post this. I'd post the tutorial I used, but I've gotten my forums mixed up and I can't remember if that's allowed here.

__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 12:24   Link #35
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
And another, using the same tutorial as ^.

__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 03:56   Link #36
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
I'm liking your current sig ..the effects and the colors are awesome
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 20:41   Link #37
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I'm liking your current sig ..the effects and the colors are awesome
*nod*.... never thought I haven't been posted in your thread ~_~...

not just the effects but the layout too... it's really good... I'm bad at that style of signatures ~_~
__________________
My Workshop
-----------------------------
Featured Character
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.