AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 48 35.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-25, 02:21   Link #101
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Its called a Blitzkrieg. With Germany a swift attack is best.
Indeed. It probably won't be enough (I blame the brain damage he no doubt received while playing house with Houki), but she's definitely got the right idea. Way better than hints and/or violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
The battle was CRAPPY as it could get. Only cool thing was Charlotte's levelheadedness and bravery. REALLY WISH Ichika had lost just for the heck of it. It would have been much better to see him deal with a loss there and accept that he was rescued by teachers bla bla. Would also have actually made the Valkyrie Trace System look anything respectable. But no.. they had to make it a joke. Oh well. The whole ChifuyuxIchika ordeal was pathetic to say the least.
I don't know if it's the suit itself or Ichika, but Byakushiki looks really bad. The lack of endurance alone is terrible... And why can't it have its own rifle?

Quote:
Houki was more or less just part of the background this episode. Oh man...way to kill a character. She did NOTHING after all that talk about what it meant to her bla bla.

Rin and Cecilia don't even exist anymore, sorry.
Yeah.

Quote:
Moving on to Laura. Totally random revelations and even more random change of heart.
Actually, "defeat means friendship love" makes sense for her. It's why she stalked Chifuyu all the way to Japan, after all.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:31   Link #102
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
BEST EPISODE EVER.!!!!!!
1- Best combination charl and ichika .
2- SBath scene charl more bounes <3.
3- Houke's shocked after looking to true char with "Huh" I couldn't stop laugh with her face HAHAHAHAHA.
4- Luara did it.!
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:40   Link #103
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beach shores!
Namu amida butsu
Namu amida butsu
Namu amida butsu

Oh. Don't mind me. I'm chanting to restrain myself from losing all of sanity to Charlotte and now Laura(she was cute getting all gushy). Especially Charlotte. Do you know how hard is it to resist wanting to make her your woman right on the spot? Especially when all of her intentions is tender and pure. Oh, back to the chant. Namu amida butsu. Namu amida butsu. Namu amida butsu. I hope I don't get shunned for giving this episode a 9/10. 3 from the lovely Charlotte, 3 from that Laura's unexpected kiss, 3 from everything else. Minus one from that guy who's easily forgettable.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:43   Link #104
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Come to think of it, Houki missed an opportunity, there. She should have gone on the "date" with Ichika still unaware, done date-like things, let Ichika commit himself without realizing it, and then sunk her claws into him.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:58   Link #105
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Okay, anybody have the feeling they speed-up the pace to mach 3 after the battle like me? Or maybe it's just because I've read the novel first? I somehow kinda feel the scene feels disjointed after the battle is over, kinda like *short scene* *cut* *another short scene* *skip* *short scene* instead of one full episode like in the previous episodes.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:59   Link #106
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Charlotte isn't last in the updated ED, she's just so far ahead she already lapped everyone.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:02   Link #107
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Charlotte isn't last in the updated ED, she's just so far ahead she already lapped everyone.
I approve of this conclusion.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:07   Link #108
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Charlotte isn't last in the updated ED, she's just so far ahead she already lapped everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I approve of this conclusion.
I second that approval.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:20   Link #109
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 27
This episode started off strong but then... stalled out.

The first part of the battle was well executed, good two-on-two action. Well... more like two-on-one, however after VTS or whatever was activated things got a bit murky.

Just like with Cecilia's transition to falling for Ichika, Laura's was rushed ahead as well, it doesn't happen quite at lightspeed in the novel, but I guess this is a 12 episode show... I still don't like it though.

Almost all battle results have been either no contest because of outside forces or a loss for Ichika because he ran out of power yet again at a key moment, it's becoming kind of stale.

I'm not a Laura fan at all, probably because she's a dead ringer for Soma Peries from Gundam 00 (wasn't a big fan of her) and her sob backstory didn't really garner all that much sympathy from me.

Poor Cecilia, Rin and Houki though... ever since the emergence of Charlotte and Laura these three characters might as well be extras, and with the harem this large I don't think they'll be able to do each character justice with the time remaining.

And finally... in the back of my mind I wish there were main girl in the show who WASN'T head over heels for Ichika, having 5 girls all battling for a piece... well I've seen that shtick before too many times to count.

All in all, the substandard tail end cancelled out the strong start of the episode, and I hope there's some improvement next week.

EDIT: I would've liked to see Charlotte remain undercover for an extended period but I know that doesn't follow the source material... also... I prefer her in pants.
__________________
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:21   Link #110
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
A good battlescene although dissappointed about the conclusion
Laura really has a same attitude with Houki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Warning: The Following Image Is Not Suited For The Weak Of Heart. Please Prepare Body Appropriately (slightly NSFW):
and this scene is actually makes me shivering....

argh! never imagine Laura will take the first step to win Ichika....

hopefully in the next episode I won't loss too much blood because of beach scene....
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:49   Link #111
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Charlotte isn't last in the updated ED, she's just so far ahead she already lapped everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I approve of this conclusion.
I second that approval.
And I third it with visuals to boot.







Charles is way ahead in the pack indeed. Just look at that long stride in that third thumb.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:04   Link #112
neowind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SO CAL!
it has begun!! XD
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:14   Link #113
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
As much as I dislike ichika I liked seeing Laura get easily stomped when she tried to lone wolf it and abandoned houki. Just shows she was way too cocky.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:59   Link #114
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Its called a Blitzkrieg. With Germany a swift attack is best.
More like Blitzkiss, amirite?. Still, it was pretty surprising that with the representative from France in the room, it's the German who do the French kiss first...the reaction of the girls are hilarious though, especially Houki. The rest are just your standard shock and disbelief, her face is more like, "Dammit, another one!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Come to think of it, Houki missed an opportunity, there. She should have gone on the "date" with Ichika still unaware, done date-like things, let Ichika commit himself without realizing it, and then sunk her claws into him.
I agree, by this point she must realize that there are protective shielding less dense than Ichika, so she should have take any chance she got to make progress little by little...that being said, I can't say that I'm not gleeful to see her to deliver that punishment to the idiot Ichika.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 05:12   Link #115
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
10 out of 10!
I love Charles...i mean Charlotte's IS. Not only does it have a nice color but her IS has lots of cool guns and she is quick to change them on the go.

Also the harem is complete!
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 05:17   Link #116
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Harem complete! ED song is complete! Not a bad episode. Houki's glare lol.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 05:46   Link #117
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My avatar shall reveal it to you.
Charlotte being last in the ED isn't bad when you take into account that her legs are exposed for all of us to see once more. She was also the last thing you see moving before the fading to black. I say it's full of win.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 05:58   Link #118
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Shame the battle scene wasn't done a bit better as I loved the "implied" teamwork of Charlotte and Ichika, in and out of the arena

Charlotte is my fave
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 06:06   Link #119
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
And I third it with visuals to boot.







Charles is way ahead in the pack indeed. Just look at that long stride in that third thumb.
Fourthed.

Charlotte cannot lose!

Loved the bath scene and the reveal.

Houki's response was priceless... "Huh!?" She really is as thick as Ichika!
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 06:06   Link #120
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Speaking of which, her seiyuu Hanazawa Kana celebrates her birthday today, congrats and continue the good work (where is Kanon ?)
I'm here now
First off, Happy birthday to Kana-chan!
May her miraculous voice continue to save shows like Infinite stratos for years to come.

Charlotte was once again the saving grace of this episode. Everything else was terribly mediocre. The fight was a total mess, and Laura's sudden face turn was even worse. At least try to make it a little believable, would you? There exists something called gradual character development. I admit she looked very cute in the final scene (which I found hilarious, finally a girl who understands Ichika's not a man!), but it's far from being enough to make me defect. I shall remain loyal to France and the Lady Charlotte.

Back to Charlotte. She fought cleverly, unlike Cecilia and Lin last week (Poor Houki, she got owned so badly ). Great use of her weaponry and excellent teamwork. She and Ichika made a very good team, it's like those two are on the same wavelength...

The bath scene was the highlight of the episode. Charlotte is playing all her cards right. She's way more aggressive than the other girls, yet she isn't as forceful as Laura. She's picked up on Ichika's denseness ("sometimes I think you're doing it purpose" ) and therefore knows how to handle him. She's just perfect.

I'm so glad she won't have to hide her gender anymore. Right on time for the mandatory beach episode! Moreover, we'll be able to admire her beautiful slender legs all the time now. I also hope she'll wear the female plutsuits from now on (pseudo swimsuit + zettai ryouiki = pure win).
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.