AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 170 72.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 17.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-25, 02:27   Link #201
Hmm....
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
If you ask me, she is brave enough to reject the truth and try carving out her own. People from your viewpoint argue that there is no way to change reality and it's best to accept facts. That people will die, regardless of how hard Sayaka tries.

Even if that's true, at least Sayaka had the courage to try and change that. She had an ideal of the world, and sought to make that ideal reality. While she may be naive and even crazy, I will never call Sayaka cowardly.
You have a test tomorow(fighting a witch). You haven't studied this whole semester(never purify your soul gem). You are not a genius(no talent, skill nor experience). You don't let any of your classmate to be your tutor either, since you see them as rivals. Yet, you say you are brave enough to take the test. I believe many people will see it otherwise ^^" You didn't carve anything to make it reality. I do agree that it still better than simply not taking the test though.
__________________
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:28   Link #202
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I know. Only half-joking. Mainly talking to Q-beh, not the staff that came up with the name.
To put it another way, if QB started taking advantage of guys, he would likely say something like 'Hey! Make a wish and I will grant it. As a trade, be a Superhero working for me and hunting Supervillains! That will be awesome", instead of "Hey! Make a wish and I will grant it. As a trade, be a Sorcerer working for me and hunting Abominations! That will be awesome!". Guess which one will be more appealing?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:30   Link #203
scr
my sides are in orbit
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
From meta perspective, I'm pretty sure that whatever Eldritch Abomination is behind the QBs won't be revealed (fully) in this series. Sure, self-exalted Madoka might avert The End Of The World As We Know It (with Homura <3), but it will ultimately fail to harm the Bigger Bad. I mean, Kazumi Magica is on-going, Oriko Magica will soon come. This tear-stained saga of the lost and the damned still has a long way to go...
__________________
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:33   Link #204
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
Oh Sayaka is certainly one of the more dynamic characters of the show. Coupled with that I'm no Madoka fan. Its just her completely adamant attitude toward "justice" and unwillingness to budge from that point of view to the point that she views everyone in a negative light is a dislikeable trait in her.
I agree that it is very difficult to empathize with anyone who is so very uncompromising in their approach when it comes to his/her values and ideals. It's true that Sayaka demonstrates such trait, but it is also true that she is not an ass in general. She is, afterall, friends with Madoka. She also liked Mami. Her conversation with the girl who was going to confess to Kamijo was very civil also. It is also not an easy choice to make when you know the prospect of death looms constantly by becoming a Mahou Shoujo just because it will create a miracle to save someone. For her type of people with such strong sense of values, the first impression tends to be very important. Her analogy on Homura and Kyouko is also spot on! The down part about such people are that they rarely are able to revise their first impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
So in other words, Madoka is to Sayaka as Sayaka was to Kamijo. The analogy fits remarkably well.

Sayaka constantly visited with Kamijo, trying to cheer him up, doing whatever she could that she thought would make him feel better, despite the fact that for all practical purposes her presence there was completely useless, if not actively detrimental. Pretty much exactly the same thing as how Madoka has been trying to support Sayaka.
Yeap! Nicely put. Kindness can hurt too as evident here and no one should have been able to understand that better than Sayaka. I don't consider Sayaka as a coward. In fact none of these girls can be considered a coward. Even Madoka is brave enough to admit about her fears and uncertainty. All these girls, however, share one common trait. They are all young, and they are naive. Like someone has said earlier in the thread, the show is pretty much redefining the general perception and the concept of being a Mahou Shoujo. Let's see who said that... uh yes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It needs to be "mahou shojo" to nail the fans that they're tearing apart the MG genre.
Recall that Kaijo once put up Mai HiME as a better deconstruction of the MG genre? Part of the reason it isn't recognised as such is because it never sold itself as an MG show in the first place. In contrast, Madoka's been rubbing it in that this is an MG show.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:37   Link #205
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Holy shit.....! Incubator!!! rofl.

Seriously though is Kyubey the devil or something? Puella Magi grow into witches? shittt man

too much mind fuck
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:51   Link #206
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
1. Since this episode aired, 2channel has racked up over 20,000 posts. We're now on thread 395.

2. "Evil" is not easy to define. This creature may be acting quite ethically, either from the point of view of all humanity, or from its own non-human point of view. But it is certainly not acting in the interests of our heroines as individuals. It is willing to deceive them on any matter (such as Madoka's potential power?) and seems completely indifferent to their suffering.

3. One of the things that's so great about the way Katou Emiri does his voice is the slightly robotic feeling she gives, conveying a hint of alienness.

4. The exchange between Madoka and Homura was fantastic: how Homura fell apart emotionally, and how Madoka seemed not to hear or take seriously anything she said, and just slipped away. Chilling.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:52   Link #207
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
I must praised everyone especially Mentar who have predict that Sayaka will become a witch and Kyubey is the true villain

So the goal of becoming a mahou shoujo is becoming a witch....
damn you Incubator!!!

looks like I just realized that Homura has two personalities... XD
never imagine that Homura will crying in front of Madoka

and Madoka! don't be too kind.... Kyubey is only using you
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:57   Link #208
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Incidentally, not of us even thought of the possibility that Kyubey was actually a shortcut/nickname for his real name which, if we knew, would give away his intentions almost immediately.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:03   Link #209
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, so it's finally revealed witches are fallen magical girls. JUST AS PLANNED. Pretty painful to watch as we saw Sayaka go all Shion on us. Kyubee is an epic troll; should totally team up with Izaya or Beatrice or something. Lol @ him going om nom nom on himself.

Homura's breakdown... actually I didn't see it coming that fast. She just cracked at the futility apparently; that part had me pretty depressed. So she's from the future? Oh don't tell me, she's an Archer...

Meanwhile Kyoko is just facepalming at the situation; to her it should be simply. But it just isn't.

Overall, another impressive episode. No ass pulls or silly twists, just a return to actually telling a story. A rare feat these days, really. 9/10

What will you do now, Madoka?
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:11   Link #210
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
To put it another way, if QB started taking advantage of guys, he would likely say something like 'Hey! Make a wish and I will grant it. As a trade, be a Superhero working for me and hunting Supervillains! That will be awesome", instead of "Hey! Make a wish and I will grant it. As a trade, be a Sorcerer working for me and hunting Abominations! That will be awesome!". Guess which one will be more appealing?
I can't choose, really. To me, both are pretty good. And to be honest, I think a Sorcerer might be better. When I think of Superheros, I get images of really weird clothing...
As for that demon... Yeah, I know. He's using what's more appealing, not necessarily the correct one. That's marketing.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:12   Link #211
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
OHGAWD. imagine my face when those popular theories finally came true (or not yet completely)!!

-IN-KYUBEY-TOR IS EFFIN EVIL!!!: (shoot me but 5% of my brain tells me he’s still morally gray.)
-QB has multiple bodies!oh gawd, this kinda grossed me out that i wanted to puke. DX)
- fallen MGs turn to witches: (sayaka’s fall to complete doom gave me chills! it was bloody well-played!!)
-Homura came from the future: (i just need to wonder where the hell is the present homura?!)
-Homura and Madoka had this kind of relationship that i’m itching to know!! (i think they’re lovers. Kannazuki no Miko anyone?)
-Homura’s power is time manipulation
-the ED lyrics has always been a spoiler to Homura’s feelings for Madoka: ( that scene just gave her away!! she truly loves madoka!! and it was painful to watch! my heart couldn’t stand seeing homura like that. T____T but hell yeah! yuri is becoming blatant now. XD)

i feel very sorry for kyoko though. DX she cares for sayaka so much that she’s so eager to save her. DX and about kamijo and hitomi, i wouldn’t be surprised if hitomi actually told kamijo about sayaka’s feelings for him. and she’s like the one getting the two together in reality. so yeah, it might be that sayaka just misunderstood that scene. DX

anyhow,yes, things turned quite predictable but that doesn’t change the fact that they were very well-executed!! brilliantly done in every way!! i just never thought urobuchi would confirm those obvious hints he gave.I Thought he had something else in mind to trash those speculations. but yeah, that was one hella awesome episode!

first time i’m giving this show a PERFECT rate!!! XDD

EPISODE 09 PLEASE!! (will it be kyoko’s turn to die? will witch-sayaka kill her?)
__________________
www.gifreducer.com/upld/gen/IXzHGD/32-nodither.gif
Faberry
Quinn and Rachel
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:15   Link #212
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
OHGAWD. imagine my face when those popular theories finally came true (or not yet completely)!!

-IN-KYUBEY-TOR IS EFFIN EVIL!!!: (shoot me but 5% of my brain tells me he’s still morally gray.)
-QB has multiple bodies!oh gawd, this kinda grossed me out that i wanted to puke. DX)
- fallen MGs turn to witches: (sayaka’s fall to complete doom gave me chills! it was bloody well-played!!)
-Homura came from the future: (i just need to wonder where the hell is the present homura?!)
-Homura and Madoka had this kind of relationship that i’m itching to know!! (i think they’re lovers. Kannazuki no Miko anyone?)
-Homura’s power is time manipulation
-the ED lyrics has always been a spoiler to Homura’s feelings for Madoka: ( that scene just gave her away!! she truly loves madoka!! and it was painful to watch! my heart couldn’t stand seeing homura like that. T____T but hell yeah! yuri is becoming blatant now. XD)

i feel very sorry for kyoko though. DX she cares for sayaka so much that she’s so eager to save her. DX and about kamijo and hitomi, i wouldn’t be surprised if hitomi actually told kamijo about sayaka’s feelings for him. and she’s like the one getting the two together in reality. so yeah, it might be that sayaka just misunderstood that scene. DX

anyhow,yes, things turned quite predictable but that doesn’t change the fact that they were very well-executed!! brilliantly done in every way!! i just never thought urobuchi would confirm those obvious hints he gave.I Thought he had something else in mind to trash those speculations. but yeah, that was one hella awesome episode!

first time i’m giving this show a PERFECT rate!!! XDD

EPISODE 09 PLEASE!! (will it be kyoko’s turn to die? will witch-sayaka kill her?)
Where is present day Homura?? She's not born yet...lol. :P
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:23   Link #213
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
QB is the best villian this year or may be this decade.

Is there reason that why he is not turning boys into Maho Shounen
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:40   Link #214
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What will you do now, Madoka?
The least she can do is to turn into the first Mahou Shoujo of the known kind and validate the title of this show Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. And from there on, force every show that ever wants to use the concept of MS will have to use the whole name Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Because if the Madoka Magica part is omitted, we should automatically assume that such series is going to be about witches.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:41   Link #215
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
QB is the best villian this year or may be this decade.

Is there reason that why he is not turning boys into Maho Shounen
Just tell me that I would be a metal hero like Space Sheriff Gavan and I would have jumped at the call.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:59   Link #216
Hagoshod
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
So if Homura knows what Quebey's plan is

and her entire premise is to undermine the plan

Why the **** doesn't she just openly talk about it? Doesn't being all secretive herself only, you know, help him?
Quote:
[in response to someone saying "Madoka will think she's creepy."]

As compared her constantly showing up and going "Don't listen to him, Madoka... JUST BECAUSE!" That's uhhh pretty odd in itself.

And even without considering that, it would at least plant the idea in Madoka's head not to trust Quebey.

So basically you're saying she refuses to blow open an apparently apocalyptic plan solely to preserve her own pwecious self-image. That's not what she would do if she actually cared about Madoka's well-being. That just means she only cares about herself.

Does anyone else see this? Am I taking crazy pills? The show better try REALLY hard to explain this in a way that's better than "Homura's character was written that way solely so it could be held off as a PLOT TWIST." And if it doesn't, never before will a show have gone from successfully and cleverly handling everything that made My HiME one of the dumbest things ever to repeating every single mistake My HiME made in such a short span of time.
I'll just leave these here.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:02   Link #217
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
As I've posted before, this just becomes a propaganda battle. Her word vs his, and there's just a deadlock. And when one side promises easy solutions and grand prizes, while all Homura has to offer is despair, she's just at a huge disadvantage.

Also, apparently she's tried before and failed.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:02   Link #218
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
10/10, best episode yet, Homura finally breaking down, Sayaka turning into a witch (probably), QB disappearing into shadows, eating his dead body, etc.

[SARCASM] By the way, excellent work on the allegory of QB as the Devil, the instrument of God, to test Man, bringing out the weakness in him, so the Allmighty will have an easier job to condemn the weak (Mami, Sayaka, Kyoko, Homura), and award the boring (Madoka) [/SARCASM]

BGM also did wonders ... again

PS: Sponge QB, and Rambo Homura were real treats

Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:13   Link #219
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
On second thought, isn't anyone even slightly perturbed at the fact that while Madoka asked Homura calmly why she "killed" Inkyubeytor, after their emotional discussion Madoka seems to have forgotten the dead body beside her, the wish she was about to give it, and walked away to find Sayaka?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:16   Link #220
yakuri-moe
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
QB is the best villian this year or may be this decade.

Is there reason that why he is not turning boys into Maho Shounen
While not the most subtle or original regarding personal agenda, I give him props for being the first one (in a while, at least) to adopt such a cute form and go specifically for lolis.

Well you know I very well wanna know the same, where are all my angsty shotas? D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
On second thought, isn't anyone even slightly perturbed at the fact that while Madoka asked Homura calmly why she "killed" Inkyubeytor, after their emotional discussion Madoka seems to have forgotten the dead body beside her, the wish she was about to give it, and walked away to find Sayaka?
I thought the same, WTF girl! there's a mutilated cute animal next to you!
yakuri-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
madoka, mahou shoujo, puella magi, shaft, urobuchi gen, witches

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.