AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-09-29, 20:58   Link #1
Stellae
The Original

Question Is this worth inking and CGing?

Cagalli and Athrun from Gundam Seed with some Naruto stuff thrown in. I can't draw clothes on guys so Athrun gets a plain ol' T-shirt. Plus the dude in the reference pic was wearing one so it made it easier

Opinions, but don't make me cry
Stellae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 23:34   Link #2
Professor
Sage Junkie

Yes... you could try inking it... cos right now its kinda too sketchy but definitely looks like theres a lot of potential that could be done to it... and once inked I'm sure it'll look much better
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 01:12   Link #3
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
let try...... a big yes I like it, proportions are good and they both look healthy
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 09:45   Link #4
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
I think a good ink job and some nice color would only improve the picture. It DOES have a lot of potential. Bring it out. ^.^;;
Old 2004-10-01, 18:22   Link #5
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
= D oooo, i knoww, How bout getting it a photocopy or a second one for extra and ink over the copy ones... Though it could be a little more cleaning to do but heyy..not much regrets involve ^ _~.., and yess its worth it the inking and coloringg, looking forward if you aree..: ] ....(i turn so regretful when its coming to inking some drawings done in pencil. )
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 01:56   Link #6
Zhaxra

I say go for it. It's got character which inks and colors would enhance greatly. Hmmm... if you're worried about ruing the pencils during the inking process another thick would be to print your scanned version in a light non-photo blue on an inkjet printer. When you scan the inks the non-photo blue shouldn't show up in the scan (at least I'm told it doesn't... I don't have a printer).
Old 2004-10-02, 03:36   Link #7
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
yup, give it a go.

photo blue is used a lot of times in B&W photography and old school print houses. basically they do just as said above.

but I've never heard of a printer that's able to print photo blue..

the trick i usually use when inking:
-Bienfang Graphics 360 pad. It's basically a rag translucent marker paper, very white (bleached very well), doesn't bleed.
-The basic tracing paper also works well, but they usually have some dirt spots here and there..; a bit hazzy here and there. (got to be a bit careful with the amount of ink used, too much and they'll run/bleed).

Both are smooth paper, desirable when inking with graphic pens, more so than the Xerox paper.
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 11:19   Link #8
Stellae
The Original

just CG'ed it... tell me what you think

Old 2004-10-07, 12:35   Link #9
Asura
should i stay longer?

ano.... you're not supposed to use black for shading..and they look so stiff (got to be the inking)....
Old 2004-10-07, 17:52   Link #10
Stellae
The Original

what black for shading?
Old 2004-10-07, 19:53   Link #11
Asura
should i stay longer?

.....ok... what program did you use?
Old 2004-10-08, 04:20   Link #12
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellae
Spoiler:

Cagalli and Athrun from Gundam Seed with some Naruto stuff thrown in. I can't draw clothes on guys so Athrun gets a plain ol' T-shirt. Plus the dude in the reference pic was wearing one so it made it easier

Opinions, but don't make me cry
Sorry, but i gotta be truthful here, but please bear in mind that i mean this with no personal offense intended.

It is ametuer-ish. The lines don't flow and they are very sketchy (You double-ed back on the lines when you were drawing didn't you,) next time, try to restrict yourself by drawing with only bold strokes (In other words, don't double back, also if you read this, can you show me another sketch of yours done quickly? Don't think 'i'm gonna present this, better make it pretty' when your drawing it, just go with the flow and sketch like you would when you're in you class listening to your borign teacher, again i mean no offense by 'boring teacher' ), this would build up your confidence. It would help also if you practised by drawing 1-minute sketches, so to speak. Take a look at an object, and sketch it under a minute, it dosen't have to be perfect, just has to have a general form.

So to answer your question, it isn't worth cg-ing. Sorry.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 07:51   Link #13
Stellae
The Original

I don't sketch all that often so I don't really have anything to show... but thats basically how they all look., with the doubled-over lines and such. But thanks for the opinion.

Asura I used PSP for the lineart and photoshop to color it.
Old 2004-10-09, 22:10   Link #14
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
its easy for me to sketch, but i cant ink nor i can cg.
but sketch, ive been doing it for about 2~3 years.
and within about 2~3 minute, i can sketch something
that actually looks like something.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 00:33   Link #15
Asura
should i stay longer?

doubling over lines is actually ok for sketch -especially for rough sketching. as long as you do it the right part the right time. which is why I said ok give it a go earlier. what I didn't expect was the outline/inking part (came out really flat -which is fine as long as you do the colouring well).

anyways, Stellae, can you elaborate how you colour it in photoshop? especially the shading part.
oh, next time, avoid using filter(s) for bg. Either you paint it or leave it blank (I'm an anti filter).
Old 2004-10-10, 07:14   Link #16
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
Thumbs up

Wow Stella, youre on the ball. Seems i found some really neat cging people around and thats cool that she did the lineart thru PSP , not frum a tablet right?. Come on Asura filters are ok ^_^; right..Although i hardly use them, except for that one time with the mosiacs ...harhar

Well this is worth the inking and the cging. keep it upp
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 13:27   Link #17
Asura
should i stay longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeshefied
Come on Asura filters are ok ^_^; right..Although i hardly use them, except for that one time with the mosiacs ...harhar
well, i guess in the words of the wise, filters are fine, since they're only tools.
Old 2004-10-25, 18:23   Link #18
sumflip
(''\(=' . '=)/'')

Send a message via AIM to sumflip Send a message via MSN to sumflip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
Sorry, but i gotta be truthful here, but please bear in mind that i mean this with no personal offense intended.

It is ametuer-ish. The lines don't flow and they are very sketchy (You double-ed back on the lines when you were drawing didn't you,) next time, try to restrict yourself by drawing with only bold strokes (In other words, don't double back...
I'm sorry this is an old thread, but is it possible for someone to post an example of a "double-over" lined sketch, and one that isn't "double-overed"? I know what you mean by that, but what's so bad about double-overing? i mean, you can do that, then just ink then erase the other lines right? I myself haven't done a sketch that hasnt been "double-overed" so to speak...and id like to try and restrict myself from doing that as you say. Thanks.
sumflip is offline   Reply With Quote