AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-25, 23:30   Link #421
TheRainbowConnection
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
It's a hidden message guys. Boys get the really good jobs on Mid-Childa, that's why Yuuno and Chrono get important jobs with ridiculous salaryes, travels, political power and all kinds of comfort while our heroines sweet their bodies on ther harshness of the battlefield xDU.

Coming soon .... CHRONO'S ANGELS!

Chrono: *speaker voice* Good morning Angels.
Section Six: Good Morning Chrono!

xD
Can you imagine trying to keep Nanoha or Subaru behind a desk? They'd wither up and die.

And I would totally watch/read Chrono's Angels.

Joking aside, Chrono comes off as somewhat uncomfortable in a command position versus being out as an Enforcer in the field. I mean, the kid still wears his Enforcer get-up when he's on the comfort of his own ship. Clearly, he's just envious of Erio getting to play with all the girls.
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 23:49   Link #422
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines

Just one pic from the current chapter(?), but I guess it's better than none.


And of course, Vivio and Einhart (and Touma) for A's PSP G.O.D.
It's going to be pretty funny seeing Vivio meet her loli version 'mamas.' XD

*goes to ponder who a good seiyuu for Ein*
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 23:58   Link #423
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
He probably is, but I'm not pointing fingers yet until I see something like this.

Spoiler for Negima Neo spoilers:
This is the part where I admit on having never read Negima Neo past c2 (no point in reading an inferior version of the same manga). And I thought the series was cancelled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

And of course, Vivio and Einhart (and Touma) for A's PSP G.O.D.
It's going to be pretty funny seeing Vivio meet her loli version 'mamas.' XD

*goes to ponder who a good seiyuu for Ein*
Einhart is better drawn here than she were over the rest of the manga.

Seiyuu? Chihara Minori/Kana Hanazawa/Yoko Hikasa
__________________
Tiresias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 00:13   Link #424
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Just one pic from the current chapter(?), but I guess it's better than none.


And of course, Vivio and Einhart (and Touma) for A's PSP G.O.D.
It's going to be pretty funny seeing Vivio meet her loli version 'mamas.' XD

*goes to ponder who a good seiyuu for Ein*
Did Corona just beat the shit out of Otto?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 00:37   Link #425
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Don't think so. Otto's hair isn't that long, she does her best to look like a boy and that's... not very boyish.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 01:55   Link #426
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
That isn't Otto, she's just one of the preliminarists, apparently the girls are doing it well during preliminary matches and as expected Ein is fighting the tough ones xD. I can't wait for the main event, i want to see Vivio VS. Miura badly xD
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 05:53   Link #427
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Just one pic from the current chapter(?), but I guess it's better than none.
Ahh, the nameless mooks getting beaten. Refreshing to see said mooks being girls for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No kidding. In Nanoha, the only organ more underused and underappreciated than the uterus is the penis.

I can live with the lack of males in the tournament if they gave a valid reason for it. But so far they haven't and it just strikes me as Seven Arcs being utterly cowed by yuri fans.
Seven Arcs is an animation company, not a manga publisher. It's Tsuzuki who you have to glare at.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 06:50   Link #428
Iromaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
People are surprised that there are no males? Seriously how many strong males we saw through all 3 seasons of Nanoha?

Chrono and Zest. And Chrono was said to be much weaker than Nanoha or Fate in pure power. He was able to keep up with them only thanks to years of harsh training, experience and tactical skills. Zest on the other hand was a 40-50 years old veteran, and he ruined his body in exchange for power. In the meantime 99% of TSAB cannon fodder is male.

It's obvious that males are simply less talented at magic. It's a pretty common theme outside of shonen genre, where boys must be main characters.

And we know that tournament have no gender restrictions. They were talking about Erio joining it in one of the last chapters.

Anyways, I like the new goth-loli. I'm hoping her magic will be something original.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 07:01   Link #429
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
More new characters? -_-

I can't help but feel Fujima is injecting Tsuzuki's creative juices with his Negima Neo reject ideas. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Anyways, I like the new goth-loli. I'm hoping her magic will be something original.
Right now I'm half-expecting her to use ice magic.
__________________
Tiresias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 07:06   Link #430
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
People are surprised that there are no males? Seriously how many strong males we saw through all 3 seasons of Nanoha?

Chrono and Zest. And Chrono was said to be much weaker than Nanoha or Fate in pure power. He was able to keep up with them only thanks to years of harsh training, experience and tactical skills. Zest on the other hand was a 40-50 years old veteran, and he ruined his body in exchange for power. In the meantime 99% of TSAB cannon fodder is male.

It's obvious that males are simply less talented at magic. It's a pretty common theme outside of shonen genre, where boys must be main characters.
Did it dawn on you that perhaps the main reason for that is because of the 'central characters perspective?'

The Air Force is not made of just 5 captains, the Navy isn't just a dozen or so Enforcers, and Hayate definitely wasn't the only SS-ranker in the entire bureau.

Sure seemed that way, considering how everything seemed to revolve around Teh One Big Happy and Growing like a Parasite Lyrical Family.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
And we know that tournament have no gender restrictions. They were talking about Erio joining it in one of the last chapters.
Or maybe there's a separate tournament for the different gender taking place at the same time. Not unfeasible, considering that the whole tournament is not an 'Open' format.

It's just a difference in opinion, but I'm on the other side of the gender fence until I see a single male mook getting demolished in the tournament.

Don't want to create a significant male rival? Fine. But for all participants, both in background shots of groups and even single panel mooks to all be girls? Kinda difficult to swallow that it's a gender-neutral tournament when it's portrayed that way.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 07:27   Link #431
Iromaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Did it dawn on you that perhaps the main reason for that is because of the 'central characters perspective?'
We have three anime seasons and two manga series. Not to mention A's and StrikerS manga and sound stages. We already saw many different perspectives, villains, worlds and TSAB's branches. StrikerS introduced new main characters just like Vivid and Force did. Especially StrikerS introduced tons of different characters and background informations on Mid-Childa and TSAB.

Everywhere in Nanoha's universe talented male mages are incredibly rare. And even when they appear they are still weaker than the best women. Those are facts.

But I would still agree that we should see at least few of them in Vivid's tournament.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 07:42   Link #432
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Zest on the other hand was a 40-50 years old veteran, and he ruined his body in exchange for power.
Wait what? Since when does being an old veteran implies inferior skills? And the Zest we saw at Strikers was a clone, and the ruined body was because of clone degeneration.

And don't forget about Klaus aka the one Heidi inherited her combat style from.
__________________
Tiresias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 07:50   Link #433
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
StrikerS Zest was on par with Signum, who herself is on par with Fate, who is- well, you get the idea.

It was when he surpassed Signum with his super-move that he started destroying his body. If I recall it was one of those 'remove all natural body limits' kind of thing.

As for perspective... well, let's face it, we've only seen the ever-growing-Nanoha-family-through-befriending perspective so far. Arguably the first different perspective (as in, 'serious organization unaffiliated with the heroes and/or TSAB' perspective) we see are the Hucks. And lookie there. Guys. Three of em.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 08:24   Link #434
Iromaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Wait what? Since when does being an old veteran implies inferior skills? And the Zest we saw at Strikers was a clone, and the ruined body was because of clone degeneration.
The thing is he was S class at the age of 40+ and the most powerful male mage we saw up to date. There are several 10 years old girls with that rank. Not to mention he was killed by Cinque.

And overdrive destroyed his body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
And don't forget about Klaus aka the one Heidi inherited her combat style from.
He still got his ass kicked by Olivie. Apparently rather easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
StrikerS Zest was on par with Signum, who herself is on par with Fate, who is- well, you get the idea.

It was when he surpassed Signum with his super-move that he started destroying his body. If I recall it was one of those 'remove all natural body limits' kind of thing.
He never surpassed Signum. He won one clash, that's all. And Signum wasn't even scratched after that.

But yes, Zest was quite powerful. The thing is he was the only truly powerful male in the whole franchise. And he needed 40-50 years to get that strong. Some of the girls already surpassed him while being two times younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As for perspective... well, let's face it, we've only seen the ever-growing-Nanoha-family-through-befriending perspective so far. Arguably the first different perspective (as in, 'serious organization unaffiliated with the heroes and/or TSAB' perspective) we see are the Hucks. And lookie there. Guys. Three of em.
We saw ancient Belkan rulers. We saw TSAB leaders. We saw Saint Church leaders. Everywhere girls were at the top.

And Hucks are a special case because you become a Huckebein simply by getting infected by Eclipse. Besides their leader is a girl, the best martial artist is a girl and the one with the most powerful divider is a girl. While the weakest member is male.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 09:14   Link #435
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
But yes, Zest was quite powerful. The thing is he was the only truly powerful male in the whole franchise. And he needed 40-50 years to get that strong. Some of the girls already surpassed him while being two times younger.
However, it's never specified if Zest take all that time to get strong or if he was that strong as a young man and give his vluable service as an S ranker during 30-or so years. The guy is amazing anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
And Hucks are a special case because you become a Huckebein simply by getting infected by Eclipse. Besides their leader is a girl, the best martial artist is a girl and the one with the most powerful divider is a girl. While the weakest member is male.
To be fair the title of the Huck with the bigger raw physical power apparently is disputted between Deville and Fortis.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 09:17   Link #436
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Style-wise, I'd take the cool old guy over the ten years old prodigy any day of the week. Old guys can be awesome too, look at Isaac Clarke! In a Gundam comparison since folks here are so fond of those, the difference between the Aces and Zest is like the difference between the pilots of Gundam Wing and Smirnoff in 00. My personal tastes and personal expectations (of what a veteran is) WILL make me pick Smirnoff any day.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 11:01   Link #437
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
He still got his ass kicked by Olivie. Apparently rather easily.
Got any sources on the easy quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
We saw ancient Belkan rulers. We saw TSAB leaders. We saw Saint Church leaders. Everywhere girls were at the top.
Klaus says hi. Two of the three great Admirals say hi. The former leader of the TSAB ground forces says hi. The former high council says hi.

If we start nitpickying numbers, we have 7 men versus 4 high ranking women. Doesn't sound like girls being 'everywhere at the top'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
And Hucks are a special case because you become a Huckebein simply by getting infected by Eclipse.
And the ancient Belkan kings got where they were because of genetic manipulation, but nobody's exactly counting them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Besides their leader is a girl,
Last I checked, Fortis is the closest thing they have to a leader, and all sources I've been able to find point to Fortis being a guy. If anyone with Japanese skilz can point any finality on this, by all means do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
the best martial artist is a girl
Source on that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
and the one with the most powerful divider is a girl.
So far, the one with the most powerful divider would be Touma, who while not a member of the Hucks, is definitely a guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
While the weakest member is male.
Where did you get Veyron being the weakest anyway?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 11:22   Link #438
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
'cause Veyron's combat time has been getting his weapon broken and blown into a wall, and he's only fought evenly with an untrained, unskilled Touma.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 11:32   Link #439
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
True, but Arnage's record -much as I like her- isn't that much better.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 11:36   Link #440
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Wouldn't Stella be the weakest member of the Hucks?

She's got no real combat abilities from what I can tell outside of the ship.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
vivid

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.