AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-18, 00:28   Link #1
Jaded

Suggestions for fantasy??

I don't really mean standard fantasy; I guess I'm looking for super powers or adventure. I enjoyed the following:

Scrapped Princess
Ragnarok (Mantantei Loki)
HunterxHunter
Naruto
Tokyo Underground
Chrno Crusade.

I'm getting into Bleach and Konjiki Gash Bell right now... Any suggestions? Or are my choices too random?
Old 2004-10-18, 03:29   Link #2
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
The first anime that came to my mind when you mentioned fantasy was Record of Lodoss War. Its setting is typical fantasy with dragons and stuff. Definately has a lot of adventure and super power type characters. Give it a look, I think you may like it.
Old 2004-10-18, 06:46   Link #3
MartAnimE
willingness to die

I suppose you've watched Escaflowne already, since it's kinda old classic and famous... anyway... it's not listed so... also check the movie...
Old 2004-10-18, 17:39   Link #4
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Twelve Kingdoms- I loved Scrapped Princess, and this is right up there with it. This has to be one of the best epic fantasy stories found anywhere. It is also complimented by some fantastic music and very likable characters- not to be missed.
Old 2004-10-18, 18:08   Link #5
Ialdaboth

Fantasy with super powers ? someone have to mention Slayers, then.
Escaflowne and Lodoss are classics, too. The first if you are looking for a mix of mechas and adventure in an heroic fantasy setting, the second if you are a fan of Dungeon & Dragon.

But if you are looking for something different and of very high quality, as wsheit said Twelve Kingdoms is the way to go.
Old 2004-10-22, 07:12   Link #6
matilda

I loved Slayers series but no luck finding it now, they only have full movies which aren't so great and not so funny...
Old 2004-10-22, 08:09   Link #7
Budweineken
Crap

This are all adventure/fantasy (some might fall on sci-fi though) type anime

El Hazard
One Piece
Melody of Oblivion
Shaman King
Full Metal Alchemist
Gatekeepers
Yu Yu Hakusho
Kurau Phantom Memory
Wolf's Rain
Witch Hunter Robin
Dragon Drive
Figure 17 - Hikaru and Tsubasa
LastExile
Fantastic Children
Tsukihime
Tsukuyomi
Old 2004-10-22, 22:03   Link #8
Dains11

I cant believe nobody has mentioned this one yet....

BERSERK!!!!!!!!! one of the best midevil fantasies ever
Old 2004-10-23, 01:36   Link #9
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

You seem to have the same tastes as me.. well in that case, here are some in those types of genres. Except you didnt include anything of pure comedy nature so I will stay away from those.

Cowboy Bebop - Anime classic, must see.

Full Metal Alchemist - Watch episode one, if you hate it.. skip series. Series one either hooks you or does nothing.

Getbackers - Super powers, interesting plot, some chibi-ness involved.

Juuni Kokuki - Medieval type fantasy stuffs.. Havent watched it in full. Got bored without any humor.

Kenshin OVA - 3 Episodes long, fantastic. Nothing like the TV series.

Nadesico - Great funny thingy.. Yea lol. Try out a few episodes.

PlanetES - I loved the whole story.. and well, just watch it.

Record of Lodoss Wars - Good fantasy.. the 2nd part of each episode was great.

Berserk - Good, if you like mass killings and blood. Just ignore the ending lol.
Old 2004-10-23, 04:26   Link #10
Iron Giant

Send a message via ICQ to Iron Giant Send a message via AIM to Iron Giant Send a message via MSN to Iron Giant Send a message via Yahoo to Iron Giant
Escaflonwe.

Do yourself a favour and watch The vision of escaflowne.
Old 2004-10-23, 09:34   Link #11
Menshi

Kyou Kara Maou - A normal teenager at 15 is sucked into demon world and finds out oddly enough he is the new demon king fighting the evil humans.
Pretty good fantasy one if you can get past few gay jokes at beginning. Can currently get this fansubbed from popular group but can't say which one.
Old 2004-10-23, 09:48   Link #12
Budweineken
Crap

LOL... gay jokes at the beginning... make that gay jokes throughout the whole series
Old 2004-10-25, 02:26   Link #13
Jaded

Hey thanks for the suggestions...too bad they're licensed

I'm just looking for something to watch on the side:

I have enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, and Fushigi Yugi (a little too sugary though) in addition to my list above.

Thanks.
Old 2004-10-26, 03:53   Link #14
eternal

the word fantasy are ought to refer older anime series,such as revolutionary girl utena,and ithink escaflowne counts as well.

darn,loves revolutionary girl utena,classic ,surreal,beautiful shoujo ai
Old 2004-10-26, 04:14   Link #15
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
Ninja Scroll - Sets my standard for anime action. Like it sounds, ninjas with crazy, highy original special techniques squaring off. Old yet visually stunning.

Read or Die-People who control paper as weapons and turn intangible fight foes with other superhuman powers. You'll love the OVA. The TV series can go a few episodes at a time with no action, but is a wonderful and emotinal series.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust-Vampires, werewolves, mutants, and people with superhuman fighting skill go at it full tilt. Excellent animation.

Outlaw Star - Mostly Sci-fi, but there are werecats, tao magicians, and superhuman swordsmen too. While it may not be exactly what you're looking for, the starship battles, though ultimately too rare, are very impressive. I enjoy this series, but it's worth mentioning that it's not as high quality as the first three.

Ninja Resurrection - Good animation, superhuman ninjas. I find parts of this series to be in extremely poor taste though.
Closed Thread