AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-10-25, 23:57   Link #1
Big Foot

happily downloading for 2 yrs, but ever since last week....

Guys...
I've been d/l anime for 2 yrs...
Been using bittorrent for 1 yr or so... and then months of bittornado...

It was fine last month... Bittornado no problem... always yellow light (cuz firewalled) yet still good speed 10-20kb+

Never touch the port setting whatsoever.. everything has always been default...

But now... my bittornado arent connected to any peers at all...even the newest and largest torrent like naruto... since last 2 week

Even if it did connect, it would be 1-2kb, 1-2 peer (even Naruto) and then it would stay as red light...

I dont understand... I tried Azureus it still gave bad result... worse, some partially downloaded files were screwed...

I never touch the router setting and stuff... Could it be because I always update my windows xp? Pleaze help me T.T - its been 2 week without anime...

(addition)worst of all.................. cant connect to IRC..........

Last edited by Big Foot; 2004-10-26 at 00:21.
Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 00:33   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Sounds like your ISP is blocking. What ISP are you using and where are you connecting from? (school/work/home?)
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 01:59   Link #3
Big Foot

im using Charter - high speed connection, the router is netgear(wireless) and location - home. Surfing the internet has no problem at all though... but when it comes to d/ling... its no good T.T
Old 2004-10-26, 02:46   Link #4
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Hmm. I heard that Charter was blocking a long time ago. The ISP got nailed with a lawsuit awhile back and the MPAA/RIAA is targeting that network. I think I read this on freerepublic.com's forums. There's also talk on the network security forums that many ISPs are starting to block BT ports as a prevention.

Easiest way to check is to do the following to try to open this page: http://tracker.scarywater.net:443/announce. Do you get an error or a "no info hash" response? If you get an error page, it's most likely they are blocking and you are out of luck.
Old 2004-10-26, 08:04   Link #5
Big Foot

yeah, it gave me an error page...
it was kinda weird.. i could still d/l stuff 2 week ago...
does this has anything to do with IRC? cuz i could not connect to them too...

animeoni, is there anything i could do to prevent this? like playing with the router or something.. furthermore, what isp you guys use? just in case if the real problem is the isp, i might want to change isp.

thank a lot for ur response animeoni
Old 2004-10-26, 13:12   Link #6
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

You can try other providers. I think Verizon is also blocking since another user is having the same problem as you. You might try Comcast/SBC/COX as alternatives if it's available in your area. You just have to do some calling around for your area.