AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-26, 02:22   Link #1
Veric

need help

i just got a couple of questions and of course im a noob to these forums but ive been reading them for quite some time.

since Naruto is showing boring fillers ive been wanting to watch other shows.

ive seen: trigun, full metal alchemist, peacemaker, and now naruto

ive downloaded many of them and noticed that there are 2 types of drawing styles, the first type like trigun, full metal, peace and naruto use round soft shaped to give it that bubbly look. and then there is the second type like uses more rugged shapes like full metal panic and others that i cant quite think of.

are there any other anime of the first time that has something to do with the feudal lords era, or swords?
Old 2004-10-26, 02:32   Link #2
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

You can try Samurai Champloo..
Nice sword swishing action with the twist of hip hop! (I mean it..!) LOL
Old 2004-10-26, 03:51   Link #3
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
Samurai Champloo would indeed be perfect for you. Ninja Scroll is also excellent. Inuyasha and Ruroni (sp?) Kenshin fit the bill, but I'm not a fan personally. Berserk has swords, but I warn you that annoyingly the final episode never got made. Record of the Lodoss Wars has some swordplay. Escaflowne is a classic medevil mecha which is awesome and has mechs swordfighting, and a little human dueling as well. Vampire Hunter D features swords, but not sword duels if that's what you're looking for.

Last edited by Rx_Fink; 2004-10-26 at 03:57. Reason: Thought of some additional animes
Old 2004-10-26, 13:26   Link #4
Veric

awsome thanx ill try those out. there were so many to choose from but i dont understand the japaneese titles so its all the same to me ! lol
Old 2004-10-26, 14:03   Link #5
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

Though its fantasy based, I'd recommend Record of Lodoss Wars. Its got the mature drawing style... It isn't about samurai or the feudal era, but give it a shot!