AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-25, 23:32   Link #761
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
So, I was talking to Moczo on AIM recently, and we got to talking about, for some odd reason, the pairings. And I was thinking about Chaos Theory, and it crossed my mind... we all blame Shirou (and even Shirou blames himself, in-story) for being a lolicon, but technically Ilya is a the one who is "wrong"; she's a shotacon! Shirou is under eighteen!

Oh, won't that be fun when they figure it out...
Old 2011-02-26, 00:34   Link #762
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
So, I was talking to Moczo on AIM recently, and we got to talking about, for some odd reason, the pairings. And I was thinking about Chaos Theory, and it crossed my mind... we all blame Shirou (and even Shirou blames himself, in-story) for being a lolicon, but technically Ilya is a the one who is "wrong"; she's a shotacon! Shirou is under eighteen!

I smugly note that I pointed that out in my Chapter 10 review.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 04:23   Link #763
Haak
Watching Ookami Shoujo...

Quote:
Shirou is under eighteen!
So you say but...

All characters appearing in this game are over 18 years of age...

Old 2011-02-26, 09:08   Link #764
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I smugly note that I pointed that out in my Chapter 10 review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So you say but...

All characters appearing in this game are over 18 years of age...

... ... okay, I am morally obligated to lampshade this in future chapters. I wasn't going to, but I simply have no choice now.
Old 2011-02-26, 10:54   Link #765
GDB

Quote:

He's not really a shota, though. While age can certainly be a factor, it's mostly about appearance. I mean, no one's going to call Shirou a lolicon for loving Rin, Sakura, or Saber, only with Ilya. In turn, it's the same. He's not a cute little boy; he's a roughened near-adult.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 12:08   Link #766
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
... ... okay, I am morally obligated to lampshade this in future chapters. I wasn't going to, but I simply have no choice now.
You might want to confirm all the ages first though. Considering their appearance and education level, I somehow doubt Shirou, Rin and Sakura to be over 18.
Old 2011-02-26, 12:28   Link #767
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
You might want to confirm all the ages first though. Considering their appearance and education level, I somehow doubt Shirou, Rin and Sakura to be over 18.
As I understand it, Shirou and Rin are 17 and Sakura is 16. I know only Ilya is 18+, though, which is really all I need to make a joke about it.
Old 2011-02-26, 12:35   Link #768
GDB

Well, Saber is as 18+ as Ilya is technically. Just like Ilya, her body stopped aging, but she's technically at least in her 30s. She was what, 14 when her body stopped aging? And King Arthur is stated to have been in at least two battles that were about 20 years apart (around 518-537, in the most conservative estimate) in the 6th century, so that puts her in her 30s. But Arthur is also said to have been around in the late 5th century to fight invaders, so that means she'd be at least in her 50s.

And she has a kid... OH GOD, SABER'S A MILF!!
Old 2011-02-26, 12:38   Link #769
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
As I understand it, Shirou and Rin are 17 and Sakura is 16. I know only Ilya is 18+, though, which is really all I need to make a joke about it.
Shirou is 16 or 17 (probably 17). Rin is 16 at the beginning of the game, but her 17th birthday is on the 4th or 5th day. Sakura is 15, but her 16th birthday is in a month's time.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 19:33   Link #770
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, Saber is as 18+ as Ilya is technically. Just like Ilya, her body stopped aging, but she's technically at least in her 30s. She was what, 14 when her body stopped aging? And King Arthur is stated to have been in at least two battles that were about 20 years apart (around 518-537, in the most conservative estimate) in the 6th century, so that puts her in her 30s. But Arthur is also said to have been around in the late 5th century to fight invaders, so that means she'd be at least in her 50s.

And she has a kid... OH GOD, SABER'S A MILF!!
... Wth? I thought Saber's back story said that the heir after Arturia was her nephew in the VN? And that in Fate/Zero Lancelot went against Arturia due to Arturia's 'queen' have to play the role and in the end cannot be happy as a woman?

Saber AFAIK never gave birth to a kid... or is there a reference anyone can point to me which suggest otherwise?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 20:45   Link #771
GDB

Saber was technically the father, but she's a woman with a kid so she qualifies as a milf.
Old 2011-02-27, 08:18   Link #772
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
... Wth? I thought Saber's back story said that the heir after Arturia was her nephew in the VN? And that in Fate/Zero Lancelot went against Arturia due to Arturia's 'queen' have to play the role and in the end cannot be happy as a woman?

Saber AFAIK never gave birth to a kid... or is there a reference anyone can point to me which suggest otherwise?
Saber never gave birth to any kid. They're talking about Mordred, who is her clone.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 10:04   Link #773
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
I know only Ilya is 18+, though, which is really all I need to make a joke about it.
How old is she anyway? Christmas Cake?
Old 2011-02-27, 10:23   Link #774
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
How old is she anyway? Christmas Cake?
She's 18 on the dot.
Old 2011-02-27, 11:17   Link #775
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Well, if you want to be technical, Saber was at least 25 when she died; she just doesn't look like it since Caliburn stopped her physical aging.
Old 2011-02-27, 19:12   Link #776
GlancingReverse

Wait, Caliburn? I thought it was Avalon.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 19:17   Link #777
Mozzy1979
Banned

Well, Avalon would make more logical sense, but since she never actually received it until several years after she became king, it doesn't seem to fit with the timeline. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the game states that she stopped ageing as soon as she became king, rather than when she received Avalon.
Mozzy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 19:35   Link #778
GDB

Yeah, the game says she stopped aging the moment she pulled the sword (Caliburn) from the stone.
Old 2011-03-01, 22:26   Link #779
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

So, any suggestions on how to handle an emotional scene with a character who isn't usually an emotional mess without making it into Narm?
Old 2011-03-02, 08:45   Link #780
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
So, any suggestions on how to handle an emotional scene with a character who isn't usually an emotional mess without making it into Narm?
Any emotional scene is going to be Narm to someone.

The only advice I can give you (which probably isn't worth much) is to not completely derail the character in the process, focus on their actual emotions rather than physical actions/reactions, and for the love of God avoid cliches and contrived coincidences.

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction