AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-02, 21:53   Link #3521
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

So here it is.

Spoiler for Volume XVI:

Spoiler for Volume XVII:

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-03-02 at 22:49.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 22:19   Link #3522
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Argh. tl;dr reading later when I have more time.

But you can you please put that into a spoiler. Please and thank you.

It's good that volume 16 is summarised.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 22:20   Link #3523
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

I'm revising the summary so that it's easier to read, especially Volume XVI since it's a bullet list.

Old 2011-03-02, 22:33   Link #3524
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Thanks for the summaries, Marcus.
Now I got a better picture of what happened to Shana after being kindanapped by Yuji. The images from the novel certanly matches the story,
http://img147.imageshack.us/i/02bo7.jpg/
except the point where Shana is using a black dress next to Yuji, which is never commented there.
Guess that I'll have to wait OmniDragon/Hooves/Flere for an answer

Last edited by SkyFlames; 2011-03-02 at 23:11.
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 22:46   Link #3525
OmniDragon

The black dress is something Yuji gave to her to wear to the ceremony, you'll notice it has the same colors as his outfit. After Shana put it on Yuji did say that Shana looked good in the dress.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 16:35   Link #3526
Blutsauger

The battle in Volume XVI was incredibly long wasn't it. I'm guessing it must have been if that's all that happened in the novel.
Volume XVII has a LOT more story then XVI. Does it say how Yoshida Kazumi took Yuji's full on rejection? It must have been pretty hard for her. Unless she understood the situation completely. But she still loves/d him. Will there be another Summary of the next Volumes please?
Old 2011-03-03, 16:39   Link #3527
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
The battle in Volume XVI was incredibly long wasn't it. I'm guessing it must have been if that's all that happened in the novel.
Volume XVII has a LOT more story then XVI. Does it say how Yoshida Kazumi took Yuji's full on rejection? It must have been pretty hard for her. Unless she understood the situation completely. But she still loves/d him. Will there be another Summary of the next Volumes please?
I think it was one chapter or so. Wasn't so long, Yuji introducing himselft as SoF, Alastor's inner thoughs, then Shana trying to scape by jumping on the roofs, slashing swords with Yuji (Blustsauger's effect..), she gets all bloody and wounded and it ends there. I think that Margery and Willhemina were trapped on the Silver Wall by then so Yuji could easily handle Shana while explaining the Silver's origin and then explain his intentions to her

Spoiler:

She get's speechless at this phrase.
Then...

Spoiler:

(he gets an "Urusai, urusai, urusai!" here).
Old 2011-03-04, 08:15   Link #3528
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Thanks for the summaries Marcus H. surely makes explaining the novels easier, but it can also bring out the many questions the novel readers may want to ask later on.

@SkyFlames: Do you mean this dress?

Spoiler for Black Dress:

If so, then I personally don't know myself. I just assume Snake loves to dress people up to look fabulous..
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 08:55   Link #3529
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Here's the last part of the summaries.

Spoiler for Volumes XVIII and XIX:

Now, we just need the summaries for XX and XXI: Centerhill's death and the reunion of the remaining Three Gods of the Earth.

Old 2011-03-04, 10:55   Link #3530
pancakes
*Author

Send a message via MSN to pancakes Send a message via Skype™ to pancakes
Hi everyone! Sorry about the lack of posts, I was on a trip. It is a good feeling to come back to SnS summaries. Thank you Marcus H.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 18:56   Link #3531
Athena
The Power of One

Is it possible that Yuuji is a variant of Yandere? Like "I'll kill everyone so I can be with Shana". The only reason why he isn't considered as one might be that he seems like a 'good' guy, and that his wish can bring hapiness to others, but...
Old 2011-03-04, 19:00   Link #3532
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Is it possible that Yuuji is a variant of Yandere? Like "I'll kill everyone so I can be with Shana". The only reason why he isn't considered as one might be that he seems like a 'good' guy, and that his wish can bring hapiness to others, but...
I've never thought about Yuji as a Yandere o.o... I used to just think he was your average-kind-boy that got tempted by a Crimson Lord into changing the fabrics of how the two worlds work in order to create happiness to everyone (especially the Tomogaras) so they can all live peacefully with no more conflicts, all for the sake of protecting Shana. But killing everyone in his way in order to obtain this goal does seem sorta fanatical...
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 20:32   Link #3533
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I think he isn't complete a yandere yet because he still got good and reasonable goals, in other words he hasn't gone crazy. In fact, the persons that Yuji is somehow taking to death by this war are just Tomogaras (non-humans) and Flame Hazes (bloodthirsty persons that only look for revenge, non-humans too), so here is where he is "right", since he only kills the ones that put the humans(somehow the only innocents) in their own conflict. And the only other innocent person in this is Shana (defined as the only Flame Haze that hasn't accepted that "way" looking for revenge)is safe on his hands, since Yuji won't kill her even if he wins. But I think he will get on shock if Kazumi dyes, because will be strickly his fault and she is only a human that never participated in that war in any way. This would be the Yuji's "snap out", something like "I've became a monster". Of course, he still can take it as a "needed sacrifice" to be with Shana.
Old 2011-03-04, 20:39   Link #3534
Flere821
Lurker

I'll add to the bit about Margery Daw: Her contract was on the verge of disappearing with Marcosius, as she was beginning to lose her reason to fight (revenge). Before she completely lost it and severed the contract she went catatonic, and eventually woke up with Keisaku by her side. She found a new reason to fight apart from revenge, and Keisaku basically said he will do all he can to help Margery fight.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 20:42   Link #3535
Blutsauger

Depends. It depends what will happen in the last volume to decide whether he is a Yandere. At the moment you could describe him as a variant. His goal is to help SnH to create the new world where Tomogara and Flame Hazes can live in peace. If SnH were to be lying to Yuji all this time then I believe Yuji would snap out of it rather than pursue a worthless, unreachable dream like Friagne and his doll, Marian.
Old 2011-03-05, 02:20   Link #3536
AP24

Does anyone have summaries for vol IX-XV? The second season of the anime didn't follow the novels very closely so I want to know the differences.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 05:56   Link #3537
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
hmm...just wondering if anyone have a full summary of Volume 01, 02 and 04?

I would appreciate if some can send me some my way, you will be given full credit, its for a......

fan website. Something insignificant.

Thank you.

P.S: My Username is entirely coincidental. Honestly.

:]
Old 2011-03-05, 14:08   Link #3538
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
hmm...just wondering if anyone have a full summary of Volume 01, 02 and 04?

I would appreciate if some can send me some my way, you will be given full credit, its for a......

fan website. Something insignificant.

Thank you.

P.S: My Username is entirely coincidental. Honestly.

:]
Yeah, no one knows who you are.

BTW, I might have asked, but it seems that everyone has forgotten.
Old 2011-03-05, 17:05   Link #3539
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Yeah, no one knows who you are.

BTW, I might have asked, but it seems that everyone has forgotten.
I said that I was gonna make the Volume 01 and 04 ones, it's just that I'm afraid that my english may fail epically but I guess you still need someone for the 02, which I haven't read.
Old 2011-03-05, 17:23   Link #3540
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I have already read vol1 and 2 since I own them, I am currently reading vol3 since Baka-Tsuki did finish working on them before they took it down (I saved it on my drive on wordfiles). But well...im just really lazy so forgive me
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen