AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 293 82.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 10.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-14, 04:55   Link #801
Nikkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
What about the mysterious cat?
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 04:57   Link #802
Dawnbringerz
性転換団長
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dango Planet
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Originally Posted by Dawnbringerz View Post
最後に残った道しるべ
"The road sign that is left at the end"

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...82#post3527982
The whole sentence should be "The last remaining guide(ance)"

The whole "最後に残った" is an adjective for "道しるべ", while "最後に" is an adverb for "残った". "最後に" here doesn't really mean at the end of something.
Isn't "the last remaining" and "that is left at the end" the same thing just different wordings?
Since something that is left at the end is the last thing remaining.


Edit: Oh I get it. I part I got wrong was 道しるべ.
You used #2 meaning of 道しるべ (2 物事の順序を教えて手引きの役をすること。)
Which I also think is more correct than #1 road sign.


So the next episode Homura should probably be giving Madoka her last guidance so that she wouldn't do anything that causes game over, right?
Dawnbringerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 05:56   Link #803
Misaka of Misaka
Satorina Fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
What about the mysterious cat?
I believe he or she is just a mascot or something to mislead us.
__________________
The greatest gift is the opportunity to right one's wrongs.
Misaka of Misaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 06:22   Link #804
NutShell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
o yeah can someone tell when walpurgis night aproaching ?

because when i see google that 30 April or 1 May
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 07:09   Link #805
Rhyel
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Solar System
Age: 38
Unhappy

Probably is already discussed, but I noted after each time travelling the entropy of the system (centred in Madoka) is increasing.

Time travel is working like a windup toy, only adding more power to the system.

And Homura can't break it because the wish of her is protecting Madoka.

Poor Homura.
__________________
Good Day to you.
Thanks KiNA for this lovely signature.
Rhyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 07:39   Link #806
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
resetting the moment something doesn't go as planned would deny her information and battle experience that could be useful next time.
for example: she just learned about kyubie's full stated goal in the last loop (and not until after madoka was already a witch even).
besides, madoka is still alive and human in the current loop. thats all she cares about.

as for the mercy killing, that was part of madoka's last request. everything she does is for madoka. how could she not fulfill that request?
Madoka was alive and a Puella Magi in the previous loops. While you assert that Homura has the power to choose when to reset because of how late she does it every time, I claim that it's because she does it so late every time that she could not possibly have a choice.

In every timeline, Madoka is lying the ground of the ruined city and either becomes a Witch or dies. After every timeline, Homura wakes up abruptly in her hospital bed as if she awoke from a nightmare. If Homura had control, then she would not wait until after Madoka transforms each time. Madoka becomes doomed the moment she makes a contract and fights on Walpurgis Night, and Homura knows that. By T3, Homura could have turned back time after Mami killed Kyoko and Madoka killed Mami, but instead chose to put herself through the pain of having to fight Walpurgis, exhausting all of her magic on the verge of becoming a Witch, then being forced to kill her best friend. If she had the choice, she would not have put herself through that trauma again, especially when it was her wish to reset to avoid that. However, she waits until after the fact everytime.
The time window after Madoka becomes a Witch is small and insignificant. In order for there to be a large enough difference between each reset that would imply Homura has control over them, there would have been some resets before Madoka becomes a Witch, not always after.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 08:06   Link #807
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
From the first episode:



Sayaka had it all figured out. If only she had kept listening to her intuition later on.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 08:13   Link #808
taofd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
@taofd -
Spoiler for .:
There's a pretty unique sound that plays every time there is a "fate altering" event with Madoka. I started to notice it in the early episodes, but it has become much more clear after episode 10.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 08:52   Link #809
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
There's a pretty unique sound that plays every time there is a "fate altering" event with Madoka. I started to notice it in the early episodes, but it has become much more clear after episode 10.
Interesting. I don't think I paid attention to that. Do you mind posting a clip as an example?

If not, can you post a timestamp for ep10?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 10:06   Link #810
chachaboru
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: house
i love this episode!!!!
i finally got some answers from this anime!!
i cried, i felt so sorry for homura!!!
chachaboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 11:24   Link #811
taofd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Interesting. I don't think I paid attention to that. Do you mind posting a clip as an example?

If not, can you post a timestamp for ep10?
"No matter how many times I have to repeat all of this, I'll protect you!"

16:35

Oh btw, @Shadow5YA, I've been waiting for someone else to join the "capacity to love = magical girl potential" train .
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:03   Link #812
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
oh, so you were referring to the ripple sound~

guess it's time to go back and check where else it appears then :P
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:23   Link #813
Dawnbringerz
性転換団長
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dango Planet
Age: 28
Great! Now we have "reload to last save point" and a SFX for flag triggering.

Seem like Urobuchi Gen played too much gal-ge when he wrote the script.
Dawnbringerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:27   Link #814
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
I don't think next episode's title has anything to do with Homura finding a clue to defeat WN by herself.
I didn't mean it like that. She already knows something. Maybe it's something she needs to tell Madoka, but she already has something in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Madoka becoming MG is inevitable, otherwise we would have just watched 10 meaningless episodes, especially this one.
I disagree. Episode 10 showed Madoka has already been a magical girl, in all the other time lines. Maybe it's time for a change.

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm sure she won't become MG. It's just that I disagree that it's inevitable.

What I know for sure is that ultimately we're talking about Madoka's fate, and so it's up to her to decide whether to follow her supposed fate or not. That's why Homura always fails. It's not up to her to decide for Madoka.

This time the plot has granted Madoka with the complete knowledge of how the MG system works, and soon she also will have all the memories of all the previous Madokas. Why? So that she can take full responsibility and make the ultimate decision.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:39   Link #815
Doddler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Well, there's not much leeway for it to end. I'm going to presume that there will be no more timelines, and this is the last timeline. There wouldn't be much meaning if they reset now. My prediction: Homura will spill the beans to Madoka. At Walprugis, Madoka will use her wish to break the magic girl system, sacrificing herself to free Homura and others. Homura is free at Madoka's sacrifice.

It's the only real way I can see it ending. Homura just can't beat Walprugis alone. Even if she could sacrifice herself to destroy it, as long as Kyubey exists, Madoka is in danger.

But Kyubey kind of forshadowed the whole thing before didn't he? That Madoka could even change the laws of nature. Doesn't that kind of suggest that she could solve the Entropy thing with her wish if she wanted to? I'm going on the basis that Kyubey is more or less powerless, and the wishes are granted by the girl's souls themselves, and not by Kyubey.

Last edited by Doddler; 2011-03-14 at 12:54.
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:39   Link #816
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnbringerz View Post
Great! Now we have "reload to last save point" and a SFX for flag triggering.

Seem like Urobuchi Gen played too much gal-ge when he wrote the script.
"Played too much gal-ge"? He writes some of those visual novels.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:53   Link #817
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnbringerz View Post
What QB said:

契約は成立だ。
君の祈りはエントロピーを凌駕した。
The contract has been formed.
Your wish has outdone Entropy.

The word 凌駕 (ryouga) is a little bit difficult to translate directly into English.
The dictionary definition is excelling; surpassing; outdoing; superior
In this case, the most fitting definition would be "outdoing", as her contract has generated (or has a potential to generate) more energy than existing entropy.
Thank you so much for this! It really helps.

It's odd that Homura's wish should have a relation to entropy, or at least universal entropy. The energy QB harvests from the emotions of MGs has that power, but not the wish, I don't think?

So either the wish itself has some sort of emotional power QB can gather, or...

QB is talking about some specific example of entropy, namely, Madoka's death. So QB might be saying, "your wish has overcome/outdone/surpassed the entropy [involved in Madoka's death]." That would fit the conversation that QB is having with Homura. Otherwise he is talking a little bit to himself, since Homura at this point can have no idea about QB's entropy-restoration project.

If QB means what he says literally, in the sense that Homura's wish itself has the power to outdo entropy, then it is evidence that the girls themselves somehow make their wishes come true, and that QB only acts indirectly to accomplish these wishes. On some level that has to be true: if there were MGs before QB, then they were able--somehow--to become MGs without QB and do MG-type stuff without QB: that is, they already have power, perhaps, to do wish-level magic.

Thanks again for taking the time to translate that passage.
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 13:28   Link #818
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What I know for sure is that ultimately we're talking about Madoka's fate, and so it's up to her to decide whether to follow her supposed fate or not. That's why Homura always fails. It's not up to her to decide for Madoka.

This time the plot has granted Madoka with the complete knowledge of how the MG system works, and soon she also will have all the memories of all the previous Madokas. Why? So that she can take full responsibility and make the ultimate decision.
This is absolutely right.

You sort of have to wonder a little about Homura, since she is trying on some level to decide for Madoka. It's understandable, given the combination of her feelings for Madoka and her knowledge of what has happened and will happen, but all the same it is up to Madoka to decide what to do.

I wonder if that's why the anime gives us that scene in timeline 3 where Madoka asks Homura to go back in time and prevent her from deciding to become a MG in the first place. That tells us that Homura in the current timeline is fulfilling Madoka's intention and is not simply pursuing her own idea of what's best for Madoka.
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 13:41   Link #819
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
I wonder if that's why the anime gives us that scene in timeline 3 where Madoka asks Homura to go back in time and prevent her from deciding to become a MG in the first place. That tells us that Homura in the current timeline is fulfilling Madoka's intention and is not simply pursuing her own idea of what's best for Madoka.
Of course. This is one of the reasons Madoka needs the memories of the previous Madokas. She needs to know that she asked Homura to do this, and why, in order to take full responsibility for it.

It's not the only reason, but it's an important one.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 14:14   Link #820
kamyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Madoka was alive and a Puella Magi in the previous loops. While you assert that Homura has the power to choose when to reset because of how late she does it every time, I claim that it's because she does it so late every time that she could not possibly have a choice.

In every timeline, Madoka is lying the ground of the ruined city and either becomes a Witch or dies. After every timeline, Homura wakes up abruptly in her hospital bed as if she awoke from a nightmare. If Homura had control, then she would not wait until after Madoka transforms each time. Madoka becomes doomed the moment she makes a contract and fights on Walpurgis Night, and Homura knows that. By T3, Homura could have turned back time after Mami killed Kyoko and Madoka killed Mami, but instead chose to put herself through the pain of having to fight Walpurgis, exhausting all of her magic on the verge of becoming a Witch, then being forced to kill her best friend. If she had the choice, she would not have put herself through that trauma again, especially when it was her wish to reset to avoid that. However, she waits until after the fact everytime.
The time window after Madoka becomes a Witch is small and insignificant. In order for there to be a large enough difference between each reset that would imply Homura has control over them, there would have been some resets before Madoka becomes a Witch, not always after.
you are forgetting that homura's mission was changed. her original goal was just to protect madoka. the additional requirement of not letting madoka become a magical girl was only added at the end of T3 by madoka's request. the current loop is only her second attempt at the new mission.
__________________
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
madoka magica, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.