AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-10, 22:55   Link #681
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
fight is probably going to end at chapter 22 or 23. 21 I expect Shioon to have a comeback.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:17   Link #682
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Chapter 20's out.

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/10601

A fairly one-sided fight, so far. As expected, I guess...
Of course it's expected. It's Shioon we're talking about. The guy can't take a whiz without getting a black eye. He's the punching bag of the manhwa world.

It's funny, though. I'm reading Green Boy as well, which is a boxing manhwa... And the main character just got done getting his butt kicked. Something I've noticed in manhwa, compared to manga, is the protagonists get the crap kicked out of them quite a bit and ways seem to be really weak. Not to mention the plot and character development of the leads always move at a snail's pace. It seems to take a manhwa 50 chapters to accomplish what a manga does in 10.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 02:44   Link #683
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Spoiler for ch 20:
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 02:53   Link #684
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Of course it's expected. It's Shioon we're talking about. The guy can't take a whiz without getting a black eye. He's the punching bag of the manhwa world.

It's funny, though. I'm reading Green Boy as well, which is a boxing manhwa... And the main character just got done getting his butt kicked. Something I've noticed in manhwa, compared to manga, is the protagonists get the crap kicked out of them quite a bit and ways seem to be really weak. Not to mention the plot and character development of the leads always move at a snail's pace. It seems to take a manhwa 50 chapters to accomplish what a manga does in 10.
Whaaat? Have you read Immortal Regis/Cavalier of the Abyss, Veritas, Aflame Inferno? The main characters in those kick so much more ass and have way more interesting personalities than their manga counterparts.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 02:55   Link #685
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 20:
You never know! I mean, I didn't think he'd get a bearded old man for his harem either, and look what happened...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 04:33   Link #686
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Whaaat? Have you read Immortal Regis/Cavalier of the Abyss, Veritas, Aflame Inferno? The main characters in those kick so much more ass and have way more interesting personalities than their manga counterparts.
Never read Immortal Regis... read a couple chapters of Veritas, but didn't really like it.

And I can't stand Im-dal Young. I read some of each of his works and they just turned me off. Especially Freezing... the main guy is weaker than weak and as someone else put it, it's basically torture porn. Not really my thing. The only one I actually enjoyed somewhat was Unbalance x Unbalance, but I didn't like Jin-Ho that much as a romance protagonist.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 04:41   Link #687
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Never read Immortal Regis... read a couple chapters of Veritas, but didn't really like it.

And I can't stand Im-dal Young. I read some of each of his works and they just turned me off. Especially Freezing... the main guy is weaker than weak and as someone else put it, it's basically torture porn. Not really my thing. The only one I actually enjoyed somewhat was Unbalance x Unbalance, but I didn't like Jin-Ho that much as a romance protagonist.
I personally find the protagonist for Aflame Inferno to be way better than the protagonist in either Unbalance x Unbalance or Freezing. In fact, both the main male and female leads are extremely strong characters, both in terms of physical strength and personalities. It's also a lot more tame in terms of the 'torture-porn'-ness than Freezing.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 17:57   Link #688
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Aflame Inferno's main is a dick imo. UxU is a much more decent human being.

Freezing, the main guy is the worst wimp I've ever seen in any manhwa. The plot is terrible too. It's too much fan service by letting girls fight each other while they facing alien invasion.

I have a mixed opinion about Shion. He's not a retard who once became strong and boasting power like most fighting manga protagonists but he's too much of a peace loving like Kazuya from Freezing.

While I don't like a wimp like Shion or Kazuya, I hate the delinquent like those from Veritas that I don' give a damn about their pathetic and worthless lives. Why do people have to invade other's privacy anyway?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 18:34   Link #689
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Aflame Inferno's main is a dick imo. UxU is a much more decent human being.

Freezing, the main guy is the worst wimp I've ever seen in any manhwa. The plot is terrible too. It's too much fan service by letting girls fight each other while they facing alien invasion.

I have a mixed opinion about Shion. He's not a retard who once became strong and boasting power like most fighting manga protagonists but he's too much of a peace loving like Kazuya from Freezing.

While I don't like a wimp like Shion or Kazuya, I hate the delinquent like those from Veritas that I don' give a damn about their pathetic and worthless lives. Why do people have to invade other's privacy anyway?
Really? What's wrong with Aflame Inferno's main character? Personally, I like him as well as Kazuya from Freezing. Kazuya isn't really a wimp, it's just that his abilities don't lend themself to fighting like the ladies' do. He's quite the badass in his own way.

And Shioon's a wimp now cause he has no ki. He wasn't half bad when he had some.

And while I can understand why you might dislike people like Gangryoung from Veritas, you can at least say he does what he wants. I like him for that alone.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 13:21   Link #690
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Really? What's wrong with Aflame Inferno's main character? Personally, I like him as well as Kazuya from Freezing. Kazuya isn't really a wimp, it's just that his abilities don't lend themself to fighting like the ladies' do. He's quite the badass in his own way.

And Shioon's a wimp now cause he has no ki. He wasn't half bad when he had some.

And while I can understand why you might dislike people like Gangryoung from Veritas, you can at least say he does what he wants. I like him for that alone.
Well, the main protagonist from Aflame Inferno is too self-centered and doesn't his place imo.

Kazuya is badass!? Around ch 43-45 and you'll see why he is utterly useless and pathetic despite having great potential... In fact, I even hate the heroine during those chapters. Why didn't she and Kazuya beat the crap out of that bastard of a little bro!? For god's sake!

The one from Veritas is even more self-centered than that dude from Aflame Inferno. But I like him more than those two above.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 18:01   Link #691
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, the main protagonist from Aflame Inferno is too self-centered and doesn't his place imo.

Kazuya is badass!? Around ch 43-45 and you'll see why he is utterly useless and pathetic despite having great potential... In fact, I even hate the heroine during those chapters. Why didn't she and Kazuya beat the crap out of that bastard of a little bro!? For god's sake!

The one from Veritas is even more self-centered than that dude from Aflame Inferno. But I like him more than those two above.
Kang is only self centered at the beginning. He grows to be a much better character in a few volumes (ie, saving the humans fighting against the Tedlars at the risk of his own life).

Veritas guy is just simply awesome =P
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 16:10   Link #692
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Damn you guys spoiled 2 of the mangas/manhwas I was reading...
Ah well, life goes on.

I'm with Kleeyook though, Kazuya is pretty wimpy, but Gangryoung is the boss of bosses. He almost qualifies as a magnificent bastard out off sheer badassery.
__________________
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 16:15   Link #693
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
I didn't notice Kang's development since Aflame Inferno was kinda... fan service and the story is kinda confusing.

That dude from Veritas is awesome but can be really annoying sometimes by his aggressive nature, but most of the casts from that series have much worse personality anyway.

I've decided not to read Freezing from ch 40-49. I wish the scanlators work from ch 50+ instead. Those chapter are just painful, and to think we'll get struck with it for months.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 11:02   Link #694
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
but Gangryoung is the boss of bosses. He almost qualifies as a magnificent bastard out off sheer badassery.
2nd!

I'll always jump at the chance to big it up for mah boi, Gangryong!

If Shioon was just even a 1/4 of the bad ass Gang is, Shioon would be alot better than most male leads, thats just how bad ass Gang is

still waiting for my Veritas part 2!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 23:15   Link #695
Yorae_paladin1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Thing about Gangryong is that it does not matter whether he is the weaker or stronger one he refuses to give up its something that rocky in final rocky movie it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

Gang is pretty much like this you whip his ass good but he won't stay down only way for him to stay down is crippling him or kill him. Shioon just does not have this
__________________
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 23:16   Link #696
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Thing about Gangryong is that it does not matter whether he is the weaker or stronger one he refuses to give up its something that rocky in final rocky movie it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.
Sounds more like Shioon.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 23:25   Link #697
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Except unlike Shioon, Gangryong is usually at least in the same tier of fighter as his opponents. Shioon is almost always completely overmatched.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 23:32   Link #698
Yorae_paladin1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Sounds more like Shioon.
Not exactly Shioon whined a lot of cause of stronger guys Gang never did. Also gang has faced opponents way beyond him his master at first then so and so till he got better
__________________
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 23:35   Link #699
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Except unlike Shioon, Gangryong is usually at least in the same tier of fighter as his opponents. Shioon is almost always completely overmatched.
Which is understandable, since those he's fought against have probably been training since they could walk. Like Hyuk for an example. The super duper pill just put him on the same level or above in terms of raw power...
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 00:00   Link #700
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter 21 is out:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/10688

Finger-boy might actually be getting a bit worried now
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.