AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-22, 09:27   Link #21
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
I was initally unsure about having 3 villians crowd up the movie, considering what doing such has done to other movies(looking at you Spiderman 3). However I'm still very optimistic that Chris Nolan is gonna knock it outta the park again. Dude is on a roll with his films, and I haven't seen a film of his that was even, what I'd see, as average. So I think its in good hands.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 09:29   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I hope its about catwomanxbatman more than anything
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 10:14   Link #23
delirium
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Abstract Side of Reality
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I was initally unsure about having 3 villians crowd up the movie, considering what doing such has done to other movies(looking at you Spiderman 3). However I'm still very optimistic that Chris Nolan is gonna knock it outta the park again. Dude is on a roll with his films, and I haven't seen a film of his that was even, what I'd see, as average. So I think its in good hands.
I hope so! I hope this is the last in the Nolan trilogy, and that the next movie will be a little less unrealistic and have Robin in it, as a teenager. And then we could have some of the kooky villains make appearances in that new series. I think it would be very popular, y'know? :>
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 10:24   Link #24
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
I hope so! I hope this is the last in the Nolan trilogy, and that the next movie will be a little less unrealistic and have Robin in it, as a teenager. And then we could have some of the kooky villains make appearances in that new series. I think it would be very popular, y'know? :>
To be fair, Nolan's adaptations are more realistic comapred to Micheal Keaton's films, even. For example, Batman Returns, which featured the Joker, also included a poison that would kill people by making them laugh and subsequently deforming their face in death. In "Dark Knight" however, the Joker's deformation and plot was much more down to earth if not darker. The same goes for Two-Face. His deformation was well-explained, unlike in "Batman Forever" where you see Tommy Lee Jones with half his face colored purple. Tho that appearance is more loyal to the comics, Two-Face as we saw him in "Dark Knight" was more realistic as well. I agree on having Robin tho. I think it's about time he makes an appearance as well.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 10:29   Link #25
delirium
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Abstract Side of Reality
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
To be fair, Nolan's adaptations are more realistic comapred to Micheal Keaton's films, even. For example, Batman Returns, which featured the Joker, also included a poison that would kill people by making them laugh and subsequently deforming their face in death. In "Dark Knight" however, the Joker's deformation and plot was much more down to earth if not darker. The same goes for Two-Face. His deformation was well-explained, unlike in "Batman Forever" where you see Tommy Lee Jones with half his face colored purple. Tho that appearance is more loyal to the comics, Two-Face as we saw him in "Dark Knight" was more realistic as well. I agree on having Robin tho. I think it's about time he makes an appearance as well.
I know that the earlier Batman movies were unrealistic, but they are a product of the 90s, we can do so much moree with the Batman story than we could 20 years ago. Two-Face's appearance has changed over the years in the comics though. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a purple face anymore. it's obviously still scarred but no longer purple, or as purple as it has been in the past. The reason for Two-Face's scarring in the comics and probably Tommy Lee Jones' as Two-Face was that he had acid thrown in his face while prosecuting some mafioso as Gotham's District Attorney. Yeah, just read a recent comic with Two-Face, the disfigured part of his face is more fleshy than purple.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 12:27   Link #26
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I think you'll find Nolan has tried his hardest to stick to a realistic interpretation of Batman while still making the movie about a man who dresses up as a bat.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 12:46   Link #27
delirium
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Abstract Side of Reality
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I think you'll find Nolan has tried his hardest to stick to a realistic interpretation of Batman while still making the movie about a man who dresses up as a bat.

But comics are not realistic! Making them realistic kills that little flair for the absurd that you have to keep in mind whenever you pick one up. Hell, Batman was shot by Darkseid's omega ray or whatever and was sent back in time after the conclusion of Final Crisis. Isn't that retarded? Yeah! But that is what you get when you read a super hero comic.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 15:13   Link #28
Flinch
Onii-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Einzbern Castle
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch Send a message via Skype™ to Flinch
But its easier to relate to Batman than most of the superheroes. He has no superpower, he only has more money than any of us will probably ever obtain. He spends his time fighting crime, using gear that makes sense (Nolan films). Because of that, you can make it truly dark and gritty, and keep it realistic. meshing superheroes into reality isn't easily done, and Batman, frankly, is one of the, if not the only, superhero that could do it without any problems (as shown by the Nolan films)
__________________
Flinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 15:15   Link #29
delirium
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Abstract Side of Reality
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
But its easier to relate to Batman than most of the superheroes. He has no superpower, he only has more money than any of us will probably ever obtain. He spends his time fighting crime, using gear that makes sense (Nolan films). Because of that, you can make it truly dark and gritty, and keep it realistic. meshing superheroes into reality isn't easily done, and Batman, frankly, is one of the, if not the only, superhero that could do it without any problems (as shown by the Nolan films)
You're making the mistake of trying to put super heroes into reality. It's a film, they don't have to be in our reality. They could be the most goddamn awesome movies of all time, but there is this insanity of trying to tie them to our reality.

It just isn't plausible! NO! NO!
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 15:23   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
I don't think "reality" "realism" are the right concepts to use here.... adaptations like this are more a sort of 'expanded reality' 'alternate reality' ...or even a modern fairy tale of sorts. A fairy tale of psychiatric madness... (both the good guys and bad guys) Modern mythology... even.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 15:30   Link #31
delirium
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Abstract Side of Reality
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Modern mythology... even.
Yeah, that's exactly right! I mean, come on! Superman dies and returns! Reality shatters and they put it back together again, time after time. It's really quite incredible. The task of converting these stories to film will be impossible if we try to grasp it from what we perceive as reality. Batman will always be dark and gritty, even with some villain like Clayface. I just don't think there is a need to convert the story beyond what it is in the comics. Nothing is wrong with the costumes as they appear in the comics either! I'm so sick of leather and so on.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 15:33   Link #32
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't think "reality" "realism" are the right concepts to use here.... adaptations like this are more a sort of 'expanded reality' 'alternate reality' ...or even a modern fairy tale of sorts. A fairy tale of psychiatric madness... (both the good guys and bad guys) Modern mythology... even.
That's what you'd label it yeah, the basic idea I was trying to get to is the film paints Batman as actually being feasible in the real world (even though remotely). That's one of the cool things about batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
I hope so! I hope this is the last in the Nolan trilogy, and that the next movie will be a little less unrealistic and have Robin in it, as a teenager. And then we could have some of the kooky villains make appearances in that new series. I think it would be very popular, y'know? :>
Quote:
But comics are not realistic! Making them realistic kills that little flair for the absurd that you have to keep in mind whenever you pick one up. Hell, Batman was shot by Darkseid's omega ray or whatever and was sent back in time after the conclusion of Final Crisis. Isn't that retarded? Yeah! But that is what you get when you read a super hero comic.
Ok, you're saying one thing and then another. I have a feeling you're a troll, given how you think Robin would be a great idea. No one thinks that and isn't trolling...

Last edited by Kakashi; 2011-03-22 at 15:44.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 15:36   Link #33
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
That might be why I enjoy these sorts of stories more in cartoon format. The old DCAU from the 90s to mid-00s seems the most interesting to me. Though part of that was that they seemed to focus on a more serious Batman while also keeping it light enough to keep most characters interesting.

Most Batman movies are about the villains really. Batman on film is usually a boring character next to the likes of the Joker.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 15:42   Link #34
delirium
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Abstract Side of Reality
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
That's what you'd label it, the basic idea though is the film paints Batman as actually being possible in the real world (even though remotely) rather than a 'superhero'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium
I hope so! I hope this is the last in the Nolan trilogy, and that the next movie will be a little less unrealistic and have Robin in it, as a teenager. And then we could have some of the kooky villains make appearances in that new series. I think it would be very popular, y'know? :>
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium
But comics are not realistic! Making them realistic kills that little flair for the absurd that you have to keep in mind whenever you pick one up. Hell, Batman was shot by Darkseid's omega ray or whatever and was sent back in time after the conclusion of Final Crisis. Isn't that retarded? Yeah! But that is what you get when you read a super hero comic.

Ok, you're saying one thing and then another. I have a feeling you're a troll, given how you think Robin would be a great idea. No one thinks that and isn't trolling...

What on Earth are you talking about? I said in both those quotes that unrealistic is the best way to go with super hero movies. How am I trolling? What is your problem? Robin would be a great idea. A kick ass teenage sidekick beating the crap out of Clayface alongside Batman? It would be AWESOME!

Last edited by delirium; 2011-03-22 at 16:18.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 17:52   Link #35
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Now, let's play nice here. Don't make me delete posts or issue warnings or infractions...
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 19:24   Link #36
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
I can't wait for this movie. I'm pretty sure Hathaway will be great as Catwomen. Hopefully, Bane is handled well though.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 19:26   Link #37
Haladflire65
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Normandy SR-2
Age: 19
^ Agreed, and I'm not too worried about villain-overstuffing either. Batman Begins had Scarecrow, Ra's and Falcone and it worked well, TDK had not only Joker and Two-Face but an assortment of other criminals for Batman to deal with as well. Nolan knows what he's doing...
__________________
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 22:41   Link #38
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
With this being the 3rd, I do have to worry about where the series is going. Usually movies don't last a 3rd installment, and when they do they just start becoming terrible, terrible movies. I hope to find this movie as enjoyable as Dark Knight, or hell.... even Begins. Then I don't have to worry about it at all~



Y'know, not to get off topic and such.... but the old cartoon for this series was a shining example of great TV~

Spoiler for Cartoon SPOILERS:
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 23:51   Link #39
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I can't wait for this movie. I'm pretty sure Hathaway will be great as Catwomen. Hopefully, Bane is handled well though.
I just don't see how you guys are gushing over Anne Hathaway as Catwoman...First off she's overrated and everyone assumes she can act because she was in a movie with Meryl Streep ...I give her credit she's been eatin' off that her whole career...Second, she's not that cute, I'm sorry, not trying to mean, different Strokes for different folks and all that jazz, but when she smiles she almost looks like she had some of the Jokers' Brand X from the first Batman...Finally she's pale as snow on a winter's night and appears to be as frigid...Does she have some jiggles? Yeah in a couple spots, but she also has a hidden uni-brow ...

Michelle Pfeiffer has NOTHING to worry about IMO...Anna Hathaway is gonna be so over the top for this content...What a miscast, I'm already soured a bit...Nolan is the $hit, but I wonder if he can control multiple villains and a slew of A-list actors, plus the pressure of actually having a 3rd movie not do what most 3rd movies do...We'll see...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 23:56   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
My... now there's a stream of hate

I have no opinion of her at all and don't even know what Streep movie you speak of. But the rest just seems to be gut opinion. That's okay.... everyone has some moments when they don't like a person on sight.... just don't confuse opinions for "fact".
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.