AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-23, 17:39   Link #1421
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
...And for some reason, 5pb has today amended the site to take out the statement that the original artist is serving as the director of CG/graphics.

EDIT: confirmed by said artist. It's over.
I'm confused, does that mean yes, she's on the project, or is it no?
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 17:53   Link #1422
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
It means no. She confirmed she's only doing two things: promotional art, and Tsugumi's new outfit design. That is it.

I am now starting to be of the opinion that if 5pb/Cyberfront knew they could not pull everyone back to their duties for the remake, then they shouldn't have tried to do a remake at all. Unknown CG artist, unknown scenario writer, the list of variables accumulate.

Now definitely worried about the voice casting.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:04   Link #1423
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Getting the same voice actors to work on a remake is different then trying to get the same writers and artists who have all moved on to different companies. I'm not really all that worried about it. Besides, there's no logical reason for them to do it unless they thought the voice cast did a crappy job.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:17   Link #1424
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Not to mention they couldn't bring back the original singer for the new OP either...

Like I said, they may just want to use a new cast because it suits their timing, budget, etc. better. Instead of trying to locate all the old cast and convincing them, then juggle all of their schedules of different companies and places, they could just hand-pick a whole new cast and move at their own pace.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:18   Link #1425
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
So wait, did they lose the character artist or the CG artist? Because those were two different people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Now definitely worried about the voice casting.
If we can replace Hoshi with someone who still remembers how to play something besides 'perverted lunatic' I will have no complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Like I said, they may just want to use a new cast because it suits their timing, budget, etc. better. Instead of trying to locate all the old cast and convincing them, then juggle all of their schedules of different companies and places, they could just hand-pick a whole new cast and move at their own pace.
Not many of the original voice actors are exactly busy these days.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:23   Link #1426
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
But weren't you the one who already said that they obviously wouldn't bring back KAORI for the OP because of 5pb's policies?

I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, but I feel that you're jumping to conclusions a little too fast. Of course, I shouldn't really be talking when I've already jumped to conclusions about Code18, but this is a slightly different situation. It's not really like the cast has done anything too major recently, have they? I'm sure they're free.

Then again, I'm usually okay with these kinds of changes because if it's no good, I can always fall back on the original and say that since Nakazawa and Uchikoshi had nothing to do with it, it's nothing more than an cash-in attempt by 5pb., and leave it at that. Honestly, I'm usually okay with these kinds of changes. The one thing I wouldn't like, however, is if the cast changed, so I might just be trying to convince myself.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:24   Link #1427
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If we can replace Hoshi with someone who still remembers how to play something besides 'perverted lunatic' I will have no complaints.
Lio Shirazumi? Well...okay, that's not helping, but I tend to be impressed by his hot-blooded character voice, so I'm still good with him.

The only busy seiyuu amongst the old ones I can think of would probably be Kana Ueda. Has she been in something major recently?
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:31   Link #1428
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
The only busy seiyuu amongst the old ones I can think of would probably be Kana Ueda. Has she been in something major recently?
She's in Freezing this year. Not a major role though, I think.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:36   Link #1429
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Not many of the original voice actors are exactly busy these days.
I'm not concerned so much about busy, but actually still active.

Quote:
So wait, did they lose the character artist or the CG artist?
Both were the same person in the original. You may be thinking of the event graphics CG, of which there were numerous underlings working on it. But the one in overall control of chara deisgn and CG and character visuals were all one person.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
But weren't you the one who already said that they obviously wouldn't bring back KAORI for the OP because of 5pb's policies?
I meant that they would never use the old OP again, because for them, a new game is always a new opportunity to sell a new CD single!

What I meant is they could have brought her back to sing a new song. They were able to do it for Sharin no Kuni, and bring back Katakiri-san to sing a new OP (which I do like over her original), so there would be no reason not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
had nothing to do with it, it's nothing more than an cash-in attempt by 5pb., and leave it at that.
That is exactly the point though. If everything I've said comes to pass, that is exactly what it is, and definitely not what Ever17 deserves, and why I would wish that it was never remade at all and just left with the original.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:41   Link #1430
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
I can say for a fact that most of the voice actors are active. At the very least, I can account for Hoshi, Asakawa, Ueda, and Shitaya. Can't say anything about Kasahara and Mochizuki, however. But hey, that's still 2/3rds of the original cast.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:46   Link #1431
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Can't say anything about Kasahara and Mochizuki, however.
Those are exactly the two I was thinking of. They haven't been heard from for two years now. And some of the others like Asakawa and Ueda have trickled down to minor roles only the last few years, what would motivate them to suddenly take on a major game recording?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:50   Link #1432
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Both were the same person in the original. You may be thinking of the event graphics CG, of which there were numerous underlings working on it. But the one in overall control of chara deisgn and CG and character visuals were all one person.
I see. The character art was awful, though, so I really don't mind losing this person, especially since the new CGs we've seen don't look too different stylewise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
what would motivate them to suddenly take on a major game recording?
Oh, I don't know, money?

Also Coco's voice could be replicated by just about anyone, really. It's very generic. Just like Coco herself.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:52   Link #1433
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Those are exactly the two I was thinking of. They haven't been heard from for two years now. And some of the others like Asakawa and Ueda have trickled down to minor roles only the last few years, what would motivate them to suddenly take on a major game recording?
Maybe the fact that it is a major game recording? I mean, if you had only been playing minor characters for years, wouldn't you jump at the chance to play a major character, even if it was one you had already voiced? I know that I would want to do that. A video game pays a hell lot more than recording an anime does, after all, especially characters with as many lines as Tsugumi and Sara.

I wouldn't say Ueda only had minor roles, considering the Unlimited Blade Works movie last year (well, okay, Rin's role was reduced from the game, but still). And while she hasn't done much in anime, she's had more major roles in OVAs and video games.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:54   Link #1434
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I see. The character art was awful, though, so I really don't mind losing this person, especially since the new CGs we've seen don't look too different stylewise.
I would go into a diatribe about tastes and inability to appreciate quality and such, but I'll just refrain leave it at that.

But to note, we really haven't seen any new CGs yet, every CG so far are from the cropped PSP version. The only new art is the character splash on the home page, and the new CGs are likely definitely not going to look nicely like that if the original artist isn't in charge of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Maybe the fact that it is a major game recording? I mean, if you had only been playing minor characters for years, wouldn't you jump at the chance to play a major character, even if it was one you had already voiced?
I'm not saying they've been forced to do minor roles (they're all well known seiyuu, they definitely can get major work) but they're voluntarily choosing to slow down their work, and thus what would put them to decide now to go against that and undergo a major work?

As for Coco, I would probably be happy if she was replaced, as I didn't like her voice at all in the original, but the principle of the matter is it should still be done by the original voice actress if it's going to be reprised.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:56   Link #1435
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
But to note, we really haven't seen any new CGs yet, every CG so far are from the cropped PSP version.
So Tsugumi's new outfit is from the PSP version? Because there's a CG floating around of her hauling Sara out of the water, and she's clearly wearing it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
I'm not saying they've been forced to do minor roles
You don't seem to understand how the voice acting industry works, especially if you are a woman.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:58   Link #1436
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So Tsugumi's new outfit is from the PSP version? Because there's a CG on the website of her hauling Sara out of the water, and she's clearly wearing it there.
No, it wasn't. She still wore her black dress there. The only really new feature the PSP version had was TIPS.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 19:01   Link #1437
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
No, it wasn't.
Actually, nevermind, I'm full of shit, she's still in the black dress in the image I'm thinking of.

Whoops.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 19:08   Link #1438
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You don't seem to understand how the voice acting industry works, especially if you are a woman.
If you wouldn't mind, could you please clarify?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 19:26   Link #1439
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
If you wouldn't mind, could you please clarify?
I don't know what it's like in other countries, but I guess it'd probably be similar to Dutch TV celebrities: Get their place in the spotlight for a couple years, then get only minor roles, to eventually be phased out completely. No old people on TV. They're probably doing the same to seiyuu; hire young talented seiyuu, give them less work as they get older and when they get too old, fire them.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 19:28   Link #1440
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
I don't know what it's like in other countries, but I guess it'd probably be similar to Dutch TV celebrities: Get their place in the spotlight for a couple years, then get only minor roles, to eventually be phased out completely. No old people on TV. They're probably doing the same to seiyuu; hire young talented seiyuu, give them less work as they get older and when they get too old, fire them.
I wouldn't say that they fire them. Just give them extremely minor roles in anime. After all, there's a lot of elderly voice actors in Japan (though most of the memorable ones are men). A lot of elderly voice actors have worked until their deaths.

After all, if the logic were true that they would get rid of the old voice actors only after nine years, then how do you explain Dragon Ball Kai? I haven't seen it myself, but from what I've heard, almost all of the main cast reprised their roles, didn't they?

Oh, BTW, I'm just going on a tangent here. I still agree with what you say, VDZ, just that I don't think they go that far.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.