AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-25, 00:43   Link #721
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
lol, did what's her name change her mind about Shioon already?
I still think that she wasn't ever really after him to begin with. Pretty amusing though, Shioon calls him on his bluff, wins the exchange and Ji Gun? pulls out a sword and then calls in his goons. Typical idiotic villain move. On a side note I remember Goomoonryong saying that if Shioon had his arm cut off he probably grow a new one, wonder if that's true.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 01:14   Link #722
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
I'm happy he at least landed a hit. Pretty good one too.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 02:26   Link #723
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Pretty amusing though, Shioon calls him on his bluff, wins the exchange and Ji Gun? pulls out a sword and then calls in his goons. Typical idiotic villain move.
I believe it's different. Those who appeared seem to me like they're part of Sera's clan and the ones who force her to take revenge for her grandfather. Sera's saddened expression somehow gives it away.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 02:33   Link #724
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I believe it's different. Those who appeared seem to me like they're part of Sera's clan and the ones who force her to take revenge for her grandfather. Sera's saddened expression somehow gives it away.
My bad I didn't even notice her expression, I just saw Ji Gun leave the room and then all of them come in. I'd say you are correct then.

Oh another thought that amused me, wouldn't it be interesting if Sera's clan is one of the many under the Sunwoo clan. I'm probably not the first to think of that though.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 07:05   Link #725
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
A-team has released the chapter!
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 09:20   Link #726
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The predictable outcome, indeed.

But the not-so-predictable cliffhanger.

A little bit disappointed that there is still no real hints as to how Shioon might actually regain back his prowess, but from how the fight progressed the last 2 chapters, it was pretty obvious Shiion's victory would be one of relentlessness and mental will, not of plot hax.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 10:23   Link #727
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
It's always like this. He gets beaten nearly to death when he loses, but when he wins it's only a moral victory. Fuck that...
__________________
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 10:52   Link #728
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Extremely predictable... and boring. "Oh, I got hit by a guy with great spirit, therefore I lose." Once in a while is fine, as moral victories are staple of all action mangas once in a while, but it's like this for EVERY FIGHT HE HAS. Shioon does not belong in an action manga... Moral victories are fine, but it's not entertaining watching him get beat within an inch of his life every single time while barely scratching his opponent. He should be dead 100 times over by now. It's not a victory if the opponent lets you win.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 11:10   Link #729
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Extremely predictable... and boring. "Oh, I got hit by a guy with great spirit, therefore I lose." Once in a while is fine, as moral victories are staple of all action mangas once in a while, but it's like this for EVERY FIGHT HE HAS. Shioon does not belong in an action manga... Moral victories are fine, but it's not entertaining watching him get beat within an inch of his life every single time while barely scratching his opponent. He should be dead 100 times over by now. It's not a victory if the opponent lets you win.
Right, but until his ki-center is fixed or he figures out another way to draw on the ki in his body, moral victories is all we'll have. We'll have to be satisfied with the fights fought by the people around him (like Jinie), for now.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 12:57   Link #730
Anomandaris
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
A little bit disappointed that there is still no real hints as to how Shioon might actually regain back his prowess ...
Actually, I think the last few panels of the Goomoonryong flashback may be hinting at how Shioon might grow.

Shioon never really had an exceptional 'Body' and his physical strength was largely a result of Ki. As Shioon continues to train his 'Body' (since he's pretty much forced to do so now), his ability to utilize his 'walking spirit medicine self' might actually increase along with it. He won't be able to directly manipulate Ki without a Ki center, but surely there's some way of taking advantage of a body that continuously produces Ki.
Anomandaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 13:40   Link #731
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomandaris View Post
Actually, I think the last few panels of the Goomoonryong flashback may be hinting at how Shioon might grow.

Shioon never really had an exceptional 'Body' and his physical strength was largely a result of Ki. As Shioon continues to train his 'Body' (since he's pretty much forced to do so now), his ability to utilize his 'walking spirit medicine self' might actually increase along with it. He won't be able to directly manipulate Ki without a Ki center, but surely there's some way of taking advantage of a body that continuously produces Ki.
I think this as well. I expect something similar to having his body get naturally stronger and faster with actual marital arts training(Goom has only showed him ki-manipulation techniques so far). Shioon had the same or similar flashback when he hit Chang-ho.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 14:11   Link #732
Exether
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Even though many people say that the outcome was predictable I have to say that the punch was great

I think that after that, even though is a moral victory, it was certainly a great acomplishment for someone that has his ki center broken and who was basically about to faint: Saehee is safe and Ji Gun will definitely have a few things to think about for the next few days, or at least I hope he does, it must have been a shock for him to be hit by someone he considered to be nothing
__________________
Exether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 15:34   Link #733
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
The moral victory was enough the first time in Part I. After everything Shiion has been through, I was hoping that he could at least do more than tank everything then get a punch in like he always does. It makes no sense why the protagonist of a martial arts manhwa exhibits little martial arts technique throughout the entire series.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 15:37   Link #734
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Well, he has no ki, so against people that do, this is the best he can do
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 15:54   Link #735
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Well, he has no ki, so against people that do, this is the best he can do
I'm not asking him to win. I just want to see Shioon at least block or parry some attacks. He's been directly tanking everything that's been thrown at him.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 16:03   Link #736
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
The two techniques that Goomoonryong has teaches him are ki based and he can't use them. Jeon has only teach him the stance and the counter. He don't have much in his "arsenal". Plus when you can't follow the movement of your opponent it's hard to parry or block.

His training will continue and parrying and blocking will probably be added to the lessons
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 16:46   Link #737
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm not asking him to win. I just want to see Shioon at least block or parry some attacks. He's been directly tanking everything that's been thrown at him.
Assuming he survives this fight (which he should - if the hero doesn't survive, then where's the story? Well, unless he's a Decoy Protagonist´), he should be learning a few more stuffs.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 17:45   Link #738
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Assuming he survives this fight (which he should - if the hero doesn't survive, then where's the story? Well, unless he's a Decoy Protagonist´), he should be learning a few more stuffs.
Well, I think the issue most people have is that we went through 70 monthly chapters and then everything reset. Having your protagonist still be at square one after all this time is very annoying. You'd expect some real development after years of being serialized, but Shioon isn't any different from when he first started wanting to learn.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 19:47   Link #739
[Shijima]
Lazy SOB
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
This weak main character crap is starting to wear thin... and where the heck is Goomoonryong during all this, he really must not give a damn about Shioon.

If he really did destroy Shioon's ki center so people would leave him alone he should have realized by now that that didn't work, if anything it's made him a bigger target.
[Shijima] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 19:59   Link #740
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I don't really think he is that weak though. We know that he is actually quite genius at figuring out techniques when he had his ki center. He is operating at a pretty damn huge disadvantage at the moment but he is still way stronger than he was at the beginning of part 1. Plus I'm pretty sure he'll have to get his ki center repaired / regenerated eventually because he needs to be the one to master the black origin threshold that both his Goomoonryong and his master failed to do.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.