AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 5.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 13.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 9.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-28, 19:06   Link #201
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'd argue that seeing how easily distracted he got from a mission critical for the safety of potentially thousands of civilians, his state of mind wasn't anything to brag about.
I'd argue with that too since he came into the fight ready for the worse and not letting it get to his head.


Quote:
She obviously has issues because she hits people with a wooden stick whenever she gets pissed, which is often. The episode introduced, out of nowhere, issues about her having a suit and letting it go to her head. Of which we have seen nothing. She was, if anything, calmer now that she could stand on an equal footing with her rivals.
This part is really hard to say. I'm sure the animators were trying to make her seem calm and happy because she let it get to her head but the way they did it made it seems she was calmer and did not let it get to her head. I'm going for what they tried to do due to previous episodes.

Quote:
Standing around to get pelted by attacks.
True but Silver Gospel has incredible speed which even Houki with her speed could not really catch up to it very well. But I can see now why you think he was thinking he was a tank although I still don't believe he thought that way. He was rather overpowered by the speed.

Quote:
He made the wrong call and acts like Houki's a horrible person for relying on him not to. He thinks it's so important to tell her so he does it in the middle of the fight instead of over the victory beers juice.
I don't think at all he was thinking that Houki's a horrible person. He was worried and yelled at her just like Rin did at the end. Rin was thinking that Houki is a depressing loser. She was worried and tried to get her back to her normal self. About that talk, I don't know what that was but it seems that Ichika did not really say anything and it was this magical NewType thing that made her understood what he wants to say to her. Or it could be some magic dimension which they could talk for like 15 seconds or so without Gospel attacking them. Either way that part was just horrible. It's rather unclear due to the NewType thing.

Quote:
No, no, it's nice to know it may have made some sort of sense in the novel. I think it could still have been a bad call, but at least it doesn't look so cut and dried.

But anime and novel continuity are different, so I'm judging anime Ichika by anime events.
Yes! That's all I was hoping for. Anime Ichika was badly done. Ichika himself as how he supposed to be is not so bad.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 20:31   Link #202
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Yes! That's all I was hoping for. Anime Ichika was badly done. Ichika himself as how he supposed to be is not so bad.
For the record we are talking about the anime, the Light novels thread is in another section. The concensus th

You cannot fault or blame us for critizing Ichika like this because we have not read the books nor should you have any right to force us to.

From what I understand though the LN skims over that issue but that's no excuse for the anime to do such a poor portrayal and this isn't the first time Im' guessing.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 21:04   Link #203
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
For the record we are talking about the anime, the Light novels thread is in another section. The concensus th

You cannot fault or blame us for critizing Ichika like this because we have not read the books nor should you have any right to force us to.

From what I understand though the LN skims over that issue but that's no excuse for the anime to do such a poor portrayal and this isn't the first time Im' guessing.
Have I ever fault or blame you guys? All I did was providing more information to add to what the anime already provided and no I'm not forcing anyone anyone but rather trying to convince that Ichika is not as bad as he appeared. Furthermore most of my arguments was from the anime as well. The only information I provided more from the LN was about Ichika's decisions to save the ship and not defeat Gospel first but otherwise I was using details from the anime itself such as why he was situated between Gospel and the ship and about Houki in general. The remaining stuff is just me criticizing the script for this episode although I still enjoyed it.

But yeah, this is no excuse for the anime to do such a poor portrayal and of course it's never the first time as you think about many adaptations over the years. It's not always bad though because I think and feel that a lot of them are still enjoyable in their own ways.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 21:55   Link #204
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Have I ever fault or blame you guys?
"All this hate against Ichikia is getting annoying"

Quote:
All I did was providing more information to add to what the anime already provided and no I'm not forcing anyone anyone but rather trying to convince that Ichika is not as bad as he appeared. Furthermore most of my arguments was from the anime as well. The only information I provided more from the LN was about Ichika's decisions to save the ship and not defeat Gospel first but otherwise I was using details from the anime itself such as why he was situated between Gospel and the ship and about Houki in general. The remaining stuff is just me criticizing the script for this episode although I still enjoyed it.
Except way back in this thread we did gather some details on this. That's how pathetically bad this was to the point that even we were looking for a more in-depth explanation.

The thing is, in the anime, Gospel is already FACING the boat with Houki's back to the boat. Therefore, if Gospel was going to blow away Houki there was no way Ichika could've saved the boat in time regardless if that was the danger but it wasn't. His best chance was to take it out while he was at it.

Even when Gospel blasted Houki off it didn't even pointed anywhere towards the boat. It's shots only skirtted the boat because Ichika was standing in front of it when he should've been drawing its attention away from it.

Quote:
But yeah, this is no excuse for the anime to do such a poor portrayal and of course it's never the first time as you think about many adaptations over the years. It's not always bad though because I think and feel that a lot of them are still enjoyable in their own ways.
Well no the first time I think was when that droid first attacked and Houki appeared out of no where in the arena when in the LN it showed that Ichika cracked the walls.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 22:50   Link #205
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
"All this hate against Ichikia is getting annoying"
Ah this one. My thoughts were like this "All this hate against Ichika is getting annoying. Perhaps I should provide some more information to show that he's not as bad as he seems". Blaming and faulting wasn't my intention.

Quote:
Except way back in this thread we did gather some details on this. That's how pathetically bad this was to the point that even we were looking for a more in-depth explanation.

The thing is, in the anime, Gospel is already FACING the boat with Houki's back to the boat. Therefore, if Gospel was going to blow away Houki there was no way Ichika could've saved the boat in time regardless if that was the danger but it wasn't. His best chance was to take it out while he was at it.

Even when Gospel blasted Houki off it didn't even pointed anywhere towards the boat. It's shots only skirtted the boat because Ichika was standing in front of it when he should've been drawing its attention away from it.
What I admitted already was that he should not have let the boat distracted him because he had the chance at that moment. However what I was thinking was that after he made that initial mistake I did not really see that he had any chance of drawing the attacks away from the boat because Gospel used the wide area attack so I don't think he could really move away from the boat at that moment any longer which is why he continued to stay there to block further attacks.

Quote:
Well no the first time I think was when that droid first attacked and Houki appeared out of no where in the arena when in the LN it showed that Ichika cracked the walls.
Oh yeah totally forgot about that. That was just confusing. Chifuyu said that all shields were up and everything yet somehow Houki made it out. So there were quite a few here and there along with some inconsistencies.

So all in all this episode was rather painful for certain parts. Although I thought that some other parts were still pretty entertaining though. Like the part with Houki getting back to her normal self was pretty nice though at the end with the support of her friends. They may be love rivals but they aren't dirty about it so that's definitely awesome.

Still looking forward to next week episode and hopefully they redeem what happened in this episode.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 01:13   Link #206
eiyuu99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
That's why people are ragging on how the anime portrayed Ichika in Ep11.
- Abandoned his task, endangered his and Houki's safety and drew fire towards the ship.
- Lectured Houki on morals and ethics that made no sense in the anime.

If Gospel was doing 360 degree danmaku (barrage), it might be another thing.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 01:31   Link #207
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
personaly I like what happened ^^ becouse Houki now will think that she gained power but she must not give in to it... with power you can hurt the weaks and innocent in the process.... so good thing that she returned to her senses and will relly on teamwork than solo showing off how good of a machine she has (she is a bad pilot with rank C... so machine is doing the work)

what happened to Ichika is good too... becouse with this he will get another Shift of his IS that we saw at the beggining of episode1 ^^ if this did not happen he wouldnt transform.... and we wouldnt see all girls fighting in the last episode ^^


anyway I wonder where did Tabane disappear ?
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 01:35   Link #208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
personaly I like what happened ^^ becouse Houki now will think that she gained power but she must not give in to it... with power you can hurt the weaks and innocent in the process.... so good thing that she returned to her senses and will relly on teamwork than solo showing off how good of a machine she has (she is a bad pilot with rank C... so machine is doing the work)
Ichika's the one who needs to work on his teamwork. And on the whole "protecting people" thing. And on using his machine the way it was meant to be.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 10:23   Link #209
Sekirei07
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston
Age: 26
What happened to our bunny girl? I don't think I recall her even appear in this episode...
__________________
Pedo-Kuch approves
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 10:43   Link #210
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ichika's the one who needs to work on his teamwork. And on the whole "protecting people" thing. And on using his machine the way it was meant to be.
no no... do you recall episode with Ichika and Charlotte teamwork ^^ they worked side by side and were able to beat houki and laura... one covered back of the other...

rin and cecilia couldnt teamwork in their match..... but ealier Rin and Ichika were able to perform teamwork against that unmanned IS... but now well Houki was too exited... and Ichika's morals went kinda into way
(still teachers failed to secure the area ;/ and let a fishing ship pass....)

Ichika is well soft.... his ideology is similar to Touma's ^^ think about others before himself.... Ichika knew that houki has super IS so she should be fine but those people on ground were on the fire line... I seriously doubt that gospel would get hit like that... so if ich ichika would fail the attack since gospel would dodge it... the fishing ship would be on the line of fire (ichika would be on the lower part and gospel upper sky and he loves to shot beams down ^^ )

to compare to it we can watch ep1 and the short gospel fight... it was dodgeing so easyly everyones attacks... so if 6 IS cant get clear shot...not even ichika in shift2... so yeah right I already see that ichika in shift1 2v1 would get a clear and 100% shot ^^

anyway we can stop the fight since it will lead us to everyone cooperation on the same level ground in ep12... there is no-one better or worse... everyone on the same level...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 14:23   Link #211
Joe88
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
I still say they should have played dust in the wind when houki was running on the beach
Joe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 15:07   Link #212
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
no no... do you recall episode with Ichika and Charlotte teamwork ^^ they worked side by side and were able to beat houki and laura... one covered back of the other...
Yeah, great. But when it really mattered, against an actual enemy? He hung his partner out to dry.

Quote:
rin and cecilia couldnt teamwork in their match..... but ealier Rin and Ichika were able to perform teamwork against that unmanned IS... but now well Houki was too exited...
Informed flaw. How was she too excited? What mistake has she made that can be attributed to her excitement? The only one I can see was trusting Ichika. From what was shown, rather than told, it's one instance where Laura's approach to "teamwork" would have been better. Get him out of the way and accept the fact you're fighting alone. But she could hardly be expected to know that in advance. As you've pointed out, in the past, he'd shown he worked well with others.

Quote:
and Ichika's morals went kinda into way
(still teachers failed to secure the area ;/ and let a fishing ship pass....)
Not that it matters, but that ship was probably in the zone before they learnt about Gospel.

Quote:
Ichika is well soft.... his ideology is similar to Touma's ^^ think about others before himself....
Ichika's short-sighted. You can't protect others if you're unconscious and sinking in the ocean.

Quote:
Ichika knew that houki has super IS so she should be fine but those people on ground were on the fire line... I seriously doubt that gospel would get hit like that... so if ich ichika would fail the attack since gospel would dodge it... the fishing ship would be on the line of fire (ichika would be on the lower part and gospel upper sky and he loves to shot beams down ^^ )
So? Low chance, high chance, it doesn't matter. It was the best chance. (Not that I think a Gospel immobilized by Houki would be that hard to hit). And if Gospel somehow dodged, so what? Houki, who kept her mind on the mission, would attack.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 22:53   Link #213
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not that it matters, but that ship was probably in the zone before they learnt about Gospel.
The Pacific Ocean is a big place, I don't see how it would be possible to actually evacuate every single boat in such a large area. Illegal or not.

Quote:
Ichika knew that houki has super IS so she should be fine but those people on ground were on the fire line... I seriously doubt that gospel would get hit like that... so if ich ichika would fail the attack since gospel would dodge it... the fishing ship would be on the line of fire (ichika would be on the lower part and gospel upper sky and he loves to shot beams down ^^ )
Would someone mind explaining to me how in the world a sword wielding IS could possibly inflict ANY collateral damage? Everyone keeps talking about how if Ichika continued his attack he could've damaged the boat...

So let's say he missed, okay but they're really high up to begin with and I'm pretty sure he would've been able to pull up neverthemind the fact that hitting the boat would be equivalent to throwing a ball through a needle thread.

When Ichika pulled away what did Gospel do? It pushed Houki and blasted her without any of its shots hitting the boat and her back was to the boat to begin with. Ichika in his wiseness stayed in front of the boat by the time Gospel turned its attention towards it.

And if that's your attitude in regards to Ichkia failing, you might as well not have bothered with the whole operation to begin with since he'll never ever hit the damn thing. That's just a poor excuse.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 01:18   Link #214
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The Pacific Ocean is a big place, I don't see how it would be possible to actually evacuate every single boat in such a large area. Illegal or not.
I know... My point is, the ship probably didn't pass any cordon of teachers. It just was in the area in the first place. Heck, it likely lacks the speed to evacuate, even if it'd wanted too.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 03:13   Link #215
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mauritius
Age: 20
The plot didn't make sense, the author or the ones portraying the scene did it zrong. There's no other explanation to justify something that had been wrongly done.

What they COULD have done was the Silver Gospel doing an AoE attack and THEN, Ichika decides to protect the illegal A-Holes.

The thing with Houki holding SG up and Ichika just passing by and protecting the boat... doesn't make sense with anything that you try to reason with.

My blame is not on Ichika or Houki. My blame is on the guys that came up with this scene and fcked it up...

Anyways, Houki got her leson, and we have Newtypism in again.
__________________
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 16:40   Link #216
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Ichika once again messes up and they're somehow spinning it into a good thing.

The Gospel wasn't even facing the ship. He could have taken the Gospel down, then protect any debris that might fly their direction.

In fact, the Gospel wasn't even aiming in the direction of the ship until Ichika flew right in front of it.

and they need to give him a better energy battery. He runs out of energy faster than Ultraman.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.