AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-07, 00:11   Link #41
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 3
I know this arc is about Tsubasa, but I'm totally falling for the Student Council Head (Shiranui Kazuki). So I guess the show is about the bpys themselves rather than who wins Tsukiko (what's her sign anyway??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
And it is very refreshing to me that there is an anime that explores the lives of a lot of boys for a change--if I have to see a long list of pouting, stupid girls with oversized chests again...
exaaactly! >_<
Old 2011-01-09, 23:09   Link #42
achirist

Is the first arc about the redhead really finished? I guess if they had thirty minute episodes they could have included more story, but it was evocative. I liked episode 3, where it seems the romance/childhood friend dynamic is between the two boys instead.
Old 2011-01-27, 09:57   Link #43
Floofeh

I watched the first 5 episodes yesterday and they are cheesier than any anime I've seen! I can't possible take this seriously! I mean Kimi ni Todoke was already pretty cheesy, but this is just a staple of pretty boys with different hair colors to keep them apart.

Also, the engrish in the OP or ED was hilarious! I really like my pretty boy harem but this is show is just so bad it's (almost) good!
Floofeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 14:03   Link #44
Bern-san

i think the anime is just a way to promote the games... i nearly dropped it after watching tomoe's (redhair) episodes although he always annoyed me in the game

well at least now we are getting kanata's episodes, a shame he couldn't get a normal childhood because of his disease

and Starry☆Sky~After Summer~ game will be released 25th of March, wonder in which game Shiki (Ophiucus) is going to appear....
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 12:47   Link #45
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
A few of my females friends told me about this series stating that it was a guilty pleasure, so I gave it a crack out of pure curiosity. After watching the first arc (first two eps), I can see why they called it a guilty pleasure. This is a pure fanservice show for girls. Hence, if you're a heterosexual male like me, you are most likely going to hate it, much like you are likely going to hate Twilight, Vampire Knight and other female fanservice orientated shows. Apologies to any female fans of the series or to the original VN, but this anime is as shallow as it can get in terms of shoujos and reverse harems. I'll rank it above yaoi-based anime though.

Hence, unless you're willing to take this as a form of guilty pleasure, then I recommend you stay away from the series. There are better shows reverse harems shoujos out there such as Fruits Basket and La Corda D'Oro: Primo Passo or in the case if you want a decent laugh: Ouran High School Host Club.

However, I'm still inclined to follow this series for educational purposes. A person should scrape the bottom of the barrel from time to time to truly appreciate the gems of a genre.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-02-07 at 22:16.
Pocari_Sweat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 20:43   Link #46
achirist

acejem, this show is not that shallow; it is a nice series of emotive vignettes that explore it's characters background and future. I don't know why you think anyone would care about your rating of shows that feature gay relationships when you've revealed your obvious bias, which has nothing to do with being a straight male, but is more something specific to you. Vampire Knight has a large male fanbase; not everyone shares your homophobic, sexist views.

Last edited by achirist; 2011-02-07 at 20:54.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 22:10   Link #47
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
acejem, this show is not that shallow; it is a nice series of emotive vignettes that explore it's characters background and future. I don't know why you think anyone would care about your rating of shows that feature gay relationships when you've revealed your obvious bias, which has nothing to do with being a straight male, but is more something specific to you. Vampire Knight has a large male fanbase; not everyone shares your homophobic, sexist views.
Firstly, your accusation that I am a homophe and sexist is very unwarranted as I have watched and read plenty of shoujo material, many of which I have enjoyed, SOME of which are even my favourites (go check my profile). I even quoted three series that I thought was good (Fruits Basket, La Corda, Ouran High School) and I can quote even more if you like:

Honey and Clover
Nodame Cantabile
Nana
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Romeo and Juliet
Bokura ga Ita
Bungaku Shoujo
etc

Honestly, this feels like the female equivalent of generic shonen harem shows.

As for bias, you are equally as biased if not more as you personally attacking me because I gave it a negative reception and because you like the series. Forums are both for praising as well as for criticism and for people to express their opinions. No need to get aggressive and go "no one cares about you because you're obviously X Y Z". Criticism is fine as long as you criticise the show and not its fans. I never said fans of these kind of shows were terrible people with terrible taste because taste is subjective. And objectively speaking most males don't like female fanserviced-based shows unless if they are done in a satirical way (ala Ouran High School Style), which I why I suggested that males should generally stay away from the show. I am aware there are plenty of males who like well-made shoujos (I'm one of them). However, this isn't one of them. Floofeh has summarised what I think of the series (very cheesy), but unlike him, I just thought it was bad. I am aware everyone's mileage varies.

As for you're Vampire Knight comment, the male fanbase is as big as the male fanbase for say Twilight or the female fanbase for loli siscon series. i.e. it's not very big. Yes, there are people who do like them, but they are comparatively small. Likewise, I don't criticize the people for liking such series, even if the series itself is criticized.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-02-07 at 22:34.
Pocari_Sweat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:43   Link #48
MayumiAoki

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Wowzers! First countries, then trains, then holidays, and now stars??? What are they gonna do next? Organs? Disabilities? Dead famous people?
XD Hetalia, Miracle Train lol didn't know you knew miracle train <333 Yoh asodfdnfduffb
MayumiAoki is offline   Reply With Quote