AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-29, 19:48   Link #2061
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 3rd rock from Sol, can't miss it.
Second season?!?!?!?!?! Tell me who to give my money to! Early christmas incoming!!!!
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:48   Link #2062
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Well if we do have a second season, Mai nakahara MUST voice Chris!
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:50   Link #2063
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 3rd rock from Sol, can't miss it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well if we do have a second season, Mai nakahara MUST voice Chris!
I'll second that ^^!
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:09   Link #2064
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Episode 11 was very good. Not too over the top. And the maid outfits, although strange, were awesome. <3 Sera.

And to have one more episode to return to the normal fun is great. And to make it the swimsuit episode, awesome.

How does Eu talk now though? I am confused on that...
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:13   Link #2065
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Because apparently now her words were never dangerous and are not supposed to be dangerous if they're happy.

Or at least, that's what everyone has been telling me so far in this thread.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:21   Link #2066
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
did anyone else notice the last two episodes (10/11) being a bit gray and down? 11 has the Tokyo tower (and a bit of its destruction,) the entire town under attack by KotN, everyone coming together, and the sun in the end... How much of these eps were written or done after the earthquake/tsunami? I think it had a really good vibe to it...
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:23   Link #2067
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbazabba905 View Post
did anyone else notice the last two episodes (10/11) being a bit gray and down? 11 has the Tokyo tower (and a bit of its destruction,) the entire town under attack by KotN, everyone coming together, and the sun in the end... How much of these eps were written or done after the earthquake/tsunami? I think it had a really good vibe to it...
To me, i thought it was a reflection of KOTN's view of the world, once his beliefs changed, we start to see the colourful sunset.

Great use of symbolism imo.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:30   Link #2068
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Because apparently now her words were never dangerous and are not supposed to be dangerous if they're happy.

Or at least, that's what everyone has been telling me so far in this thread.
I'll explain again just for you. Her words have the capability to alter reality by whatever she says. So if she says "Die" anyone hearing it will die. She also has to actually have some conviction behind the words she says though like during the fight with Kyoko, she was really trying to get rid of her to protect Ayumu and the group. Her armor limits her powers to a degree to make them more controllable and not random as it would be without them. It's not foolproof though so she still limits her speaking to be safe. At the end she was talking because she accepted Ayumu's feelings that he will take care of her and change her fate. Also I saw that she still used the note pad before the end instead of speaking so it's not like she is now going to be talking all the time.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:45   Link #2069
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
That still doesn't make sense why she would talk then out of all the other times she's had talks with him. She uses the notepad and does not talk at all for a reason.

Now if it was okay for her to talk in small amounts, then they should have established that from thebeginning. If she's talking there because she was being worked up even though her words are still powerfully effective.. then she's being selfish and going against her entire philosophy up until now. The whole entire series up until now emphasized the restraint and difficulties she's placed on herself because of her powers, but conveniently at the end, she is able to put them aside to express her feelings to him. Not to mention a similar thing happened back in the mid series but she still refused to talk back then.

I mean, I'm completely fine if the animators wanted to do it for dramatic effect, but just pointing out at the inconsistency it created.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by before the end... she said "it hurts", he let go, and then Haruna came crashing down.. and then she spoke, and they all became surprised. Then it was the next ep preview and the end message?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:53   Link #2070
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
That still doesn't make sense why she would talk then out of all the other times she's had talks with him. She uses the notepad and does not talk at all for a reason.

Now if it was okay for her to talk in small amounts, then they should have established that from thebeginning. If she's talking there because she was being worked up even though her words are still powerfully effective.. then she's being selfish and going against her entire philosophy up until now. The whole entire series up until now emphasized the restraint and difficulties she's placed on herself because of her powers, but conveniently at the end, she is able to put them aside to express her feelings to him. Not to mention a similar thing happened back in the mid series but she still refused to talk back then.

I mean, I'm completely fine if the animators wanted to do it for dramatic effect, but just pointing out at the inconsistency it created.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by before the end... she said "it hurts", he let go, and then Haruna came crashing down.. and then she spoke, and they all became surprised. Then it was the next ep preview and the end message?
No when they were celebrating the swimming trip thing. Also she didn't believe Ayumu would be able to do it back then at ep 4. Now with the Yoruno gone she is willing to believe and trust him. Also she even said in the scene with Ayumu that she was being a little selfish, Ayumu said she was too. You are creating an inconsistency where there really isn't one.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 21:44   Link #2071
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
LoL, after having seen screencaps for ep12, I'm even more baffled at the choice of not having nipples in this anime and leave the censorship in.
but what irks me the most is definitely the choice of not packaging it with some kind of specials/ovas/whatever... such a wondeful potential utterly wasted.
it could've been an incentive to buy too, despite the high price.
__________________

The Bible?
It's the story of a flesh'n'bones-being who gets off on the smell of burning meat.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 22:00   Link #2072
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Vampire Maid Orchestra now that some thing to see

I like it that every one peeked
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:11   Link #2073
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
episode 12 was pretty good. Haruna and Euu duo > Sera and Sara duo
Euu took off all her armor and wears a nice dress

Is it me or is there some error @ around 22:15?
I see a man walking up the stairs but at 22:20 it's a female with pink hair
I don't see anyone else walking up the stairs and at 22:24 Ayumu is only half way so there's no way she could have walked so fast up to the top of the stairs. Unless ...
__________________
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:17   Link #2074
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
episode 12 was pretty good. Haruna and Euu duo > Sera and Sara duo
Euu took off all her armor and wears a nice dress

Is it me or is there some error @ around 22:15?
I see a man walking up the stairs but at 22:20 it's a female with pink hair
I don't see anyone else walking up the stairs and at 22:24 Ayumu is only half way so there's no way she could have walked so fast up to the top of the stairs. Unless ...
It's not an error but it has to do with who that is. She plays a role in the later novels. I liked episode 12 for the completely crazy singing antics. Poor Sera got completely dragged into that.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:31   Link #2075
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose the only question I have is what happened to Kyouko? Last we saw she was taken away by the guy who just got annihilated in episode 11. Has she just turned into an unresolved question?

Anyways the last couple episodes were fun. 12 was just hilarious and they definitely avoided seriousness there. I didn't think spotting Saras singing would end up sucking up the rest of the episode as everyone save Yuki went for their debut. Still some nice songs especially with Eu at the end.

Episode 11 was a bit all over the place. They used a Vampire Ninja sympony to stop the megalo which I guess is fine. But Ayumu and the other guy were just throwing powered up punches for a while until Eu just decided to do what the guy had been asking for all along. Was there a point to all of this? If Eu had just done that to begin with then we'd have saved time. Suppose it was important to send a message about Eu's feelings before.

A good end to the series and definitely feels like a season 2 hint. If they decide to make another season I'll definitely be there to watch. It's been a fun show with good characters, action, and humor. Definitely one of my favorites of the season.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:37   Link #2076
AzureWrath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Anyone else feel episode 12 was a bunch of stills thrown together with a little arm movement xD? Still, it was quite funny and very enjoyable. This is probably the area Zombie does it best --- not trying to be serious at all and dropping random events. Nice random bits (who am I kidding...whole episode + more Ayumu service) of fan service for everyone including randoms!

Hope for a season 2
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:51   Link #2077
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Spoiler for ep12 - gifs and stitches collection:

There couldn't have been better way to say goodbye to this series.
__________________

The Bible?
It's the story of a flesh'n'bones-being who gets off on the smell of burning meat.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 00:21   Link #2078
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 00:29   Link #2079
Sekirei07
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston
Age: 26
Anti-climatic?

The hell are you talking about. It built up exactly how it said it was going to build up. It said this episode was to be a fan service episode and it delivered that. Calling it anti-climatic doesnt fit because if what it is trying to build up to falls through at the end, that is anti-climatic.
__________________
Pedo-Kuch approves
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 00:46   Link #2080
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
It's stuff like this last episode that just makes me wonder "why?"

First of all, you devote the ENTIRE final episode to nothing but sexual fanservice and song numbers when you COULD have WISELY spent it doing something WORTHWHILE with the plot of the series, like maybe filling in some holes and make the pacing a little less rushed and give it an actual emotionally impactive ending. Though I suppose it's just cause I really could care less about such things, so I'm obviously not going to find it great. (Also if you wanna have a "metal" themed idol, how about actually having them actually sing a metal song?)

Also I usually do find randomness funny, but this episode was doing it wrong cause I didn't laugh even once. It's pretty sad when your episode that isn't supposed to be taken seriously isn't even entertaining.

The ONE good thing I liked through all of this episode was Ayumu's rational thinking and sensibleness. I really want to brofist him for it, t'was just marvelous.

This episode didn't bring the series down with it though. Can't really blame it if the worst episode wasn't even originally part of the series. Shame it had to get such a bad adaptation though.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.