AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-31, 15:25   Link #3741
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Blame J.C. Staff for screwing up that fact
Btw, sorry for not answering your question, I must have skipped it on the rush.
I was asking the Viz version because I needed the novels for the spanish traslation on Baka Tsuki, but then remembered that asking for this material is not allowed so I cancelled it. Thanks for responding anyways
Besides I'm not evil enough to ask somebody to scanlanate 230 pages lol.
__________________
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 20:24   Link #3742
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
well I finally bought the vol6 of the Shana manga today...will start reading it now
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 10:41   Link #3743
pancakes
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to pancakes Send a message via Skype™ to pancakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Blame J.C. Staff for screwing up that fact
Btw, sorry for not answering your question, I must have skipped it on the rush.
I was asking the Viz version because I needed the novels for the spanish traslation on Baka Tsuki, but then remembered that asking for this material is not allowed so I cancelled it. Thanks for responding anyways
Besides I'm not evil enough to ask somebody to scanlanate 230 pages lol.
It's alright we all get rushed here and there. And I would scanlate them for you, but you're right 230 pages of "shut up, shut up, shut up" is a lot. Also, I'm not in possession of volume 1 at the moment. A friends borrowing it and I think I'm just gonna let her keep it since she likes it so much...........then I'll have to BUY a new one .

If anyone ever needs anything in the future you can always ask me and I'll gladly help.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 11:03   Link #3744
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
At least you can get it by a travel to the comercial center. Here, as far I know, you can't.

Isn't so necesary anyways, I still gotta traslate volumes 3, 4 and 7 by myselft, so I still got a lot of work before thinking on getting the others I guess I'll get somehow my hands on the Viz versions..... As soon as I find a library that get books from the other side of America to my country
__________________
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 11:23   Link #3745
pancakes
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to pancakes Send a message via Skype™ to pancakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
well I finally bought the vol6 of the Shana manga today...will start reading it now
You know takahashi stated that the manga is a "special kind of shana"?

I have 1-6, and most people don't like the manga, but I say otherwise. Even though the drawings aren't done by Noizi Ito, they're still good. And the character and sequence of events differences makes the story more interesting. The story is told from a comical point of view though, and I think it's aimed at a younger audience. It's kinda obvious with the increase of sex jokes and childish humor, but it's still funny. When I introduce this story to friends I always make them start off with the novels or the anime. The manga I would save for die hard fans.

IMO the best part of the manga is Chigusa....

http://www.mangareader.net/893-37185...hapter-12.html
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 11:38   Link #3746
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Oh I remember that part. Chigusa misunderstood the reason of Shana being with Yuji (you find your son on the backyard arguing with a girl while sitted right under the window, I don't blame her lol) It was really nice to see how she dealed with Shana, even when she was a complete stranger.
The manga got a lot of original plot, as for what I know, Hooves told me that much of the events there are missing in the novel and anime as well. I think it makes it more interesting, as you don't know in which order they will present the story
__________________
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 11:38   Link #3747
pancakes
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to pancakes Send a message via Skype™ to pancakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
At least you can get it by a travel to the comercial center. Here, as far I know, you can't.

Isn't so necesary anyways, I still gotta traslate volumes 3, 4 and 7 by myselft, so I still got a lot of work before thinking on getting the others I guess I'll get somehow my hands on the Viz versions..... As soon as I find a library that get books from the other side of America to my country
lol you think it's that easy? America is not entirely anime friendly....Everyone over here is an idiot. There is a lot of mainstream. If I go to a bookstore right now,all I'll find is Bleach and Naruto. If I ask my friends what animes they like, they'll say Bleach and Naruto. IF I TURN ON THE TV anime is aired on one basic cable station and has SOME SPECIAL CHANNELS. And the anime that is aired on the basic station? BLEACH, NARUTO, FULL METAL ALCHEMIST, GHOST IN THE SHELL, INUYAHSA, COWBOY BEBOP, KEIKASHI,and on some of the kid stations pokemon, dragon ball z,one piece, and yugioh. NO shakugan no shana, NO eureka seven, NO lucky star, NOTHING. JUST WHATEVER IS MAINSTREAMED. And you'll probably say, hey yugioh pokemon and one piece are awesome!!! ROFL!!! YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT WE DID TO EM...NUFF SAID.

Anyway to get GOOD anime you have to go to special japanese stores or go online. Otherwise, your stuck with Bleach and Naruto.

-sorry to derive away from the manga discussion, but I had to get this off my chest. and yes I would've done the same thing if I were Chigusa!!! Manga Yuji is awesome!!!
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 11:42   Link #3748
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Here you can't even get Bleach and Naruto The only animated thing you can get is Ben 10 (kids show) and DBZ. That's all. But I won't say anything about my country because what else can you spect from the mentality that thinks that music as "Reggaeton" and "Cumbia" are better than everything? (check youtube and you will know what I mean...).
But I ment that you can actually request the book and know that it will arrive to you in some weeks, maybe a month. I must have went to all the book stores on my city already and just to hear the words "Shak.." you get a no in your face.
__________________
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 11:52   Link #3749
pancakes
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to pancakes Send a message via Skype™ to pancakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Here you can't even get Bleach and Naruto The only animated thing you can get is Ben 10 (kids show) and DBZ. That's all. But I won't say anything about my country because what else can you spect from the mentality that thinks that music as "Reggaeton" and "Cumbia" are better than everything? (check youtube and you will know what I mean...).
But I ment that you can actually request the book and know that it will arrive to you in some weeks, maybe a month. I must have went to all the book stores on my city already and just to hear the words "Shak.." you get a no in your face.
lol you and me are really the same. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! And we have Ben 10 here too!!! .......it sucks

And funny story now that you mention it....when was just a wee shana fan I overheard about the video games made for it. I wanted them so badly that I called every video game store in my state starting the call with...

Game store employee:Hi!thank you for calling (insert name) How may I help you?
Kid version of pancakes:Hi, I was wondering if you had a game?
Game store employee:Sure, just give me the name and I'll tell you if it's in stock!
Kid version of pancakes:Uh...it's kinda long and hard to spell so I'll say it slowly
Game store employee: (this kids an idiot)Okay....
Kid version of pancakes:S.....h......a......k.......u
Game store employee: (hangs up)
Kid version of pancakes: (cries while watching season1 on dvd.)

Then I found out it was only in Japan....which mad me even sadder......
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 12:21   Link #3750
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Well... A videogame isn't so hard to find, I mean there is torrents in the web. I can actually find it if I propose to, or in other ways, get one of my old pirate contacts to get it for me at the cost of 5 dollars or so, which I usually do when I want a game for PS2 and I'm too lazy/impacient to wait for it.

But a book, it's already hard to find something good ON SPANISH, I mean seriously, I like to read, but I can't remember tha last time I actually got a real book on my hands and READ it for pleasure.
Shana really caugh me because of the story, some people say that is crap and well, then I guess I like crap, so I'm trying to get those 2 books badly over here. The first volume isn't so important because someone traslated it to spanish, but I just wanted to it to get my own traslation for B-T now the second one is another different story, I can say that none never even got the idea of putting it on a scanner, and LESS traslating it.

But I'm not feeling like giving up any time soon, the novel worths it after all.
__________________
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 13:06   Link #3751
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
You know takahashi stated that the manga is a "special kind of shana"?

I have 1-6, and most people don't like the manga, but I say otherwise. Even though the drawings aren't done by Noizi Ito, they're still good. And the character and sequence of events differences makes the story more interesting. The story is told from a comical point of view though, and I think it's aimed at a younger audience. It's kinda obvious with the increase of sex jokes and childish humor, but it's still funny. When I introduce this story to friends I always make them start off with the novels or the anime. The manga I would save for die hard fans.

IMO the best part of the manga is Chigusa....

http://www.mangareader.net/893-37185...hapter-12.html
mmm not sure about the manga being different, I have read novel 1 and 2 (well ViZ translated versions) and I have to say while I love the anime, the manga is actually an almost carbon copy adaptation of the novel. In fact its almost like ViZ pretty much took the translation for the novel and put it in the text bubbles of the manga
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 13:06   Link #3752
pancakes
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to pancakes Send a message via Skype™ to pancakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Well... A videogame isn't so hard to find, I mean there is torrents in the web. I can actually find it if I propose to, or in other ways, get one of my old pirate contacts to get it for me at the cost of 5 dollars or so, which I usually do when I want a game for PS2 and I'm too lazy/impacient to wait for it.

But a book, it's already hard to find something good ON SPANISH, I mean seriously, I like to read, but I can't remember tha last time I actually got a real book on my hands and READ it for pleasure.
Shana really caugh me because of the story, some people say that is crap and well, then I guess I like crap, so I'm trying to get those 2 books badly over here. The first volume isn't so important because someone traslated it to spanish, but I just wanted to it to get my own traslation for B-T now the second one is another different story, I can say that none never even got the idea of putting it on a scanner, and LESS traslating it.

But I'm not feeling like giving up any time soon, the novel worths it after all.

I'm a big reader/writer myself. I'd imagine it's harder for you though so I'll count myself lucky I live in America.

The best you could do is learn other languages. You already know English better than half the people that live here. lol. And english and japanese are the hardest languages out there. Myself, I'm fluent in english and I know some spanish. (It's pretty easy.) And I'm only starting to scrape Japanese, I think I'll need some professional help with that one.

So good for you.


-You mean the stories crap? Or the translations crap?
If someone said the stories crap just gimme their address.....I wanna have a little CHAT with them.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 13:09   Link #3753
pancakes
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to pancakes Send a message via Skype™ to pancakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
mmm not sure about the manga being different, I have read novel 1 and 2 (well ViZ translated versions) and I have to say while I love the anime, the manga is actually an almost carbon copy adaptation of the novel. In fact its almost like ViZ pretty much took the translation for the novel and put it in the text bubbles of the manga
REALLY?! Correct me if im wrong, but I know there's some plot differences. I didn't read them for a while (been busy writing)but didn't the manga totally skip the hirai disappearing scene? I think the novel did too.

Well they all have their differences. But in the manga the comedy is obviously present you have to notice that.......
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 13:42   Link #3754
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
The manga and the novel have all the same scenes (actually the manga has a few extra scenes not found in the novels) but even the jokes are the same. However in the more visual medium of the manga, you can clearly "see" the jokes in a more comedic way
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 14:07   Link #3755
pancakes
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to pancakes Send a message via Skype™ to pancakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
The manga and the novel have all the same scenes (actually the manga has a few extra scenes not found in the novels) but even the jokes are the same. However in the more visual medium of the manga, you can clearly "see" the jokes in a more comedic way
hmm I disagree. The jokes are not all the same, but I do agree that the jokes are more obvious in the manga.

-Of course you can see the jokes, mangas have pictures to go along with them!!!
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 17:04   Link #3756
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Either of this, or the traslation I got on spanish was horrible, or there was a "Sakai's birthday" on the novel?
__________________
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 22:00   Link #3757
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
-Of course you can see the jokes, mangas have pictures to go along with them!!!
That gave me a good laugh
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:10   Link #3758
Kasynho
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brasil
Guys I just finished watching the anime and wanted to know what exactly happened after that? Where can I attached the manga? And where should I start reading?
Ps: I am Brazilian I wrote it wrong is because I'm on google translator
Kasynho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:27   Link #3759
pancakes
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to pancakes Send a message via Skype™ to pancakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasynho View Post
Guys I just finished watching the anime and wanted to know what exactly happened after that? Where can I attached the manga? And where should I start reading?
Ps: I am Brazilian I wrote it wrong is because I'm on google translator
Did you finish watching the first season or did you see both the seasons?

As for the rest of your comment, I think you're saying where can I read the manga? Well that can and cannot be answered. It's being published in Japan in Dengeki Bunko, and it's licensed in America by Viz Media. But Viz is only at volume six right now, but I'm not sure if that matters because I'm not sure if you can read english. If you can't SkyFlames could probably help you since he lives in South America as well. If you can read english Ill send you a link privately.

As for reading it goes, start from the beginning. I think you were hoping that the manga would be ahead but sadly it came out last between the novels, manga, and anime.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:00   Link #3760
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
6 volumes and counting...
You got the traslation in spanish till chapter 24.
And the traslation in english till chapter 19.

That's all you can get.
__________________
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.