AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 12.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-30, 17:41   Link #161
Kamonichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Well, Kihara spent years working with Accelerator and knew his powers inside and out, so he knew how to counter those. Having to go up against an array of different espers at the same time, and with likely little enough time to prepare to anything near how much he prepared for Accelerator, he probably wouldn't last too long. He even got Acceler-own'd by zombie Accelerator. But Skill-Out has probably gathered the best they could find, so they'll likely be slightly deadlier.

As for Misaka Imouto, they felt fairly throw-away, sort of a nod that they exist rather than any relevance. In the end, I'm guessing the shadowy guy surrounded by Fallout power armor shot Last Order to make Accelerator forget how rushed everything felt, Touma made lame jokes about English so we would ignore the sub-par animation, and Mikoto, having fulfilled her contractual obligation for a cameo, went to go plan the next Railgun.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 18:23   Link #162
I_am_Kami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Well, Kihara spent years working with Accelerator and knew his powers inside and out, so he knew how to counter those. Having to go up against an array of different espers at the same time, and with likely little enough time to prepare to anything near how much he prepared for Accelerator, he probably wouldn't last too long. He even got Acceler-own'd by zombie Accelerator. But Skill-Out has probably gathered the best they could find, so they'll likely be slightly deadlier.

As for Misaka Imouto, they felt fairly throw-away, sort of a nod that they exist rather than any relevance. In the end, I'm guessing the shadowy guy surrounded by Fallout power armor shot Last Order to make Accelerator forget how rushed everything felt, Touma made lame jokes about English so we would ignore the sub-par animation, and Mikoto, having fulfilled her contractual obligation for a cameo, went to go plan the next Railgun.
Pfft! yea right
__________________
Yumekui Merry- Hercules
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 18:31   Link #163
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
In the end, I'm guessing the shadowy guy surrounded by Fallout power armor shot Last Order to make Accelerator forget how rushed everything felt, Touma made lame jokes about English so we would ignore the sub-par animation,
Shot Last Order? lol no way man. He shot Accelerator. Also, Touma was serious about that English thing
__________________

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 18:38   Link #164
I_am_Kami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Shot Last Order? lol no way man. He shot Accelerator. Also, Touma was serious about that English thing
Touma has a bright future in preaching.
__________________
Yumekui Merry- Hercules
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 19:26   Link #165
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Kihara did acknowledge that his power only existed to defeat Accelerator and Accelerator alone. Kihara would be screwed when he fights anyone from Skill-Out or the rest of the Level 5s.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.
Winter 2013/2014 Catch Up: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, Sakura Trick and Little Busters! EX.
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 19:33   Link #166
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Touma has a bright future in preaching.
oh no, pls no!
hearing him preaching in 1 language is already more than enough... I certainly don't want him to go on a rampage and start preaching in every existing language.
__________________

The Bible?
It's the story of a flesh'n'bones-being who gets off on the smell of burning meat.
Dahak86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 22:15   Link #167
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Well, Kihara spent years working with Accelerator and knew his powers inside and out, so he knew how to counter those. Having to go up against an array of different espers at the same time, and with likely little enough time to prepare to anything near how much he prepared for Accelerator, he probably wouldn't last too long. He even got Acceler-own'd by zombie Accelerator. But Skill-Out has probably gathered the best they could find, so they'll likely be slightly deadlier.

As for Misaka Imouto, they felt fairly throw-away, sort of a nod that they exist rather than any relevance. In the end, I'm guessing the shadowy guy surrounded by Fallout power armor shot Last Order to make Accelerator forget how rushed everything felt, Touma made lame jokes about English so we would ignore the sub-par animation, and Mikoto, having fulfilled her contractual obligation for a cameo, went to go plan the next Railgun.
No relevance? The entire reason FUZE=Kazakiri was able to manifest was because they were supporting her existance with the network. They are a very important part of Aleister's plans.
__________________
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 22:28   Link #168
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Kihara did acknowledge that his power only existed to defeat Accelerator and Accelerator alone. Kihara would be screwed when he fights anyone from Skill-Out or the rest of the Level 5s.
Is it really that hard to imagine him studying the data from the other level 5s? Hell even that other Kihara was able to do it no problem. And how much more complex can fighting SKill-Out be?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 22:44   Link #169
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Studying data on Level 5 is entirely different from creating counters for them. Yes, he can create a simple piece of tech that can counter all of the Level 5s, but he can only counter so much.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.
Winter 2013/2014 Catch Up: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, Sakura Trick and Little Busters! EX.
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 23:32   Link #170
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
As different esper abilities have different ways in which they can be countered.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 03:48   Link #171
eiyuu99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Touma's Preaching,
Now available in Japanese
Soon to be released in English

Also comes with a Free [Touma Punch] voucher
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 08:01   Link #172
outerelf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bouncing
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Touma's Preaching,
Now available in Japanese
Soon to be released in English

Also comes with a Free [Touma Punch] voucher
That's too true!

*on bottom of voucher*
Guaranteed one loli per punch; loli not included on those who hurt Touma's friends unless converted.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 10:11   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
That's too true!

*on bottom of voucher*
Guaranteed one loli per punch; loli not included on those who hurt Touma's friends unless converted.
That's not true! Ha*a***a never got his-

*Flashback to New Testatment*

...Nevermind, it was long overdue.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 14:38   Link #174
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Touma's Preaching,
Now available in Japanese
Soon to be released in English

Also comes with a Free [Touma Punch] voucher
I so want this! I'll but all of them!
__________________

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 01:24   Link #175
Kamonichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
No relevance? The entire reason FUZE=Kazakiri was able to manifest was because they were supporting her existance with the network. They are a very important part of Aleister's plans.
I don't think they ever mentioned that, though. I literally had no idea why they were even there, and just felt disappointed that their entire involvement seemed to be just standing around, about half of them looking like they were either high or half-asleep.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 05:22   Link #176
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
duh, why do you think Kihara was after Last Order then? The whole point of his operation was to manifest FUZE KAZAKIRI, and to do so he had to inject the codes into LO's brain...

the network is pretty much one of the two most important pieces in Aleister's plans, why do you think he went through all the trouble of making the whole level 6 development project scam just to have an excuse to mass produce the sisters and spread them around the world...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 08:50   Link #177
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
I don't think they ever mentioned that, though. I literally had no idea why they were even there, and just felt disappointed that their entire involvement seemed to be just standing around, about half of them looking like they were either high or half-asleep.
Their brain functions were taken away when Last Order had the virus injected inside her. They COULDN'T do anything.
__________________
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 02:50   Link #178
Nvis
Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Why does even Awaki have a device behind her neck? She didn't have it before.

What happened to her?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 05:22   Link #179
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Why does even Awaki have a device behind her neck? She didn't have it before.

What happened to her?
It helps to monitor her stress levels, so that she doesn't 'snap' like before.

If you want to know the details, it's a small low frequency vibration treatment device. Simply put, it was a massage machine that sent electric currents into her body. The machine measured the disturbances in her brain waves and created the most effective pulse pattern based on that. It wasn’t perfect, but it certainly helped keep her stress down to a certain level. Without it, she wouldn't be ale to recover from her mental irregularity that prevents her from using her powers.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.