AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-06, 10:43   Link #321
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
The only way it would make sense is if Ranka is saying "go after Sheryl with my blessing, I'll poach you on the rebound after your true love dies from a terminal, incurable disease!", and, as many problems I have with Ranka, I don't think she would be quite that heartless.

Meh, I'll wait until I've read it (if I'm ever able to), but so far, I'm not impressed with what the rumours say.

Were all reviews submitted on April 1st?
I don't like it either as it not only makes Ranka seem heartless but she seems more like that horrible b**** of a so called best friend from Rumbling Hearts, for chasing after a guy whose heart is broken, and even more so, because then that would mean that Ranka didn't give Sheryl the blood transfusion. Making her probably even less likable than tv series Ranka.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 11:43   Link #322
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Rumors are rumors until we get proper confirmation.
But it's amusing to see certain fans prematurely happy about this light novel, as they were the same fans who denounced how un-canon the novels and movies were to begin with, oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I don't like it either as it not only makes Ranka seem heartless but she seems more like that horrible b**** of a so called best friend from Rumbling Hearts, for chasing after a guy whose heart is broken, and even more so, because then that would mean that Ranka didn't give Sheryl the blood transfusion. Making her probably even less likable than tv series Ranka.
*waves Mitsuki banner*

Their circumstances [Mitsuki and Ranka] (and characterization) are waay off. But that's neither here or now.

@Beto,

Some people don't care about being rebound leftovers, so it seems.
Better than nothing, you know.
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 12:32   Link #323
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Rumors are rumors until we get proper confirmation.
But it's amusing to see certain fans prematurely happy about this light novel, as they were the same fans who denounced how un-canon the novels and movies were to begin with, oh well.



*waves Mitsuki banner*

Their circumstances [Mitsuki and Ranka] (and characterization) are waay off. But that's neither here or now.
Actually yes it is you see Rumbling hearts was based off of a dating sim, and in said dating you basically find out that if Mitsuki hadn't sidetracked Narumi then Haruka would have never ended up in a coma because she wouldn't have been there to get hit by the car. Not only that but in that very same route Mitsuki doesn' t end up with Narumi. Plus she was the one who got Narumi and Haruka together in the first place. Then she chases after him when he's grievingm, and Haruka was supposed to be her best friend, so yeah conniving b****. It just stunk of Idiot Plot.

and I wouldn't want Ranka to even be a little bit like her.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 12:52   Link #324
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
I don't know if it's helpful, but I found a blog post from a doujinka who bought the light novel. Maybe we can glean something useful here, other than from the posts/reviews on Amazon. Anyone who wants to take a crack at it, go ahead.

Spoiler for Japanese text:
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 13:02   Link #325
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
I don't know if it's helpful, but I found a blog post from a doujinka who bought the light novel. Maybe we can glean something useful here, other than from the posts/reviews on Amazon. Anyone who wants to take a crack at it, go ahead.

Spoiler for Japanese text:
From what I translated from google translate the gist of it is that it follows the movie closely. There is no mention of an Aruran ending but she does talk about Brera and Ranka. Though Alto does come across as homosexual.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 13:29   Link #326
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
From what I translated from google translate the gist of it is that it follows the movie closely. There is no mention of an Aruran ending but she does talk about Brera and Ranka. Though Alto does come across as homosexual.
Correction, Alto was 'glorified' too much than he become like... Err... Well, very beautiful to the point that he seems to possess heavenly pheromone allure (It's Kodachi-style, she said. As in, Kodachi seems to beautify Alto. A lot. Again, this might be her representation, but I think it's fair to say that the exaggeration was taken up to eleven in this novel.)

Though to be fair, it seems the slashy hints just goes up to pierce the heaven this time

THE POST IS WAAAAAAYYYYY TOO FANGIRLY HURRRRR I ARE GAVE UP IN LIEK, THE 12th LINE-- ;_;

But yeah, not seeing AxR ending thing. Or prolly she didn't include it? *shrugs* It's quite incomplete and *filtered* to AxS review imho.
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 13:56   Link #327
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Need MOAR info!
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 14:34   Link #328
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
*waves Mitsuki banner*
I'll help you with that.

And being a rebound lover is not easy or nice. Mitsuki herself more than proves it - however you think she's a bitch or whatnot, you cannot say she had it easy, being there for the boy she loved.

I wouldn't want Ranka to go through a 10th of what she did, myself.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:44   Link #329
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I went to bed, sorry. Most fans didn't like the Alto's characterization, claiming he was wayyyyyyy too effeminate, magnus.

Something tells me his affections for the girls seem 'forced' (and is more Alto/Brera love letter).
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:53   Link #330
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I'll help you with that.

And being a rebound lover is not easy or nice. Mitsuki herself more than proves it - however you think she's a bitch or whatnot, you cannot say she had it easy, being there for the boy she loved.

I wouldn't want Ranka to go through a 10th of what she did, myself.
Nah I just didn't like her from the start is all based on principal. Its one thing to be one the rebound but its another thing to actively chase after your best friend's boyfriend who you set up with your best friend. I know that she didn't have any easy time but I just couldn't feel sorry for her.

Though I also wouldn't wish Ranka to go through half as much as what Mitsuki did, or even be half as conniving as her.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:55   Link #331
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I went to bed, sorry. Most fans didn't like the Alto's characterization, claiming he was wayyyyyyy too effeminate, magnus.

Something tells me his affections for the girls seem 'forced' (and is more Alto/Brera love letter).
Oh, well. We always got the series light novels ( paradoxically from the same author. ).
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:56   Link #332
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Mmm... Klan/Michel seems watered down while Alto/Michel upgraded? Maybe the real triangle was between Alto, Brera and Michel.

Alto must forget the dead (Brera) and move on with Michel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, well. We always got the series light novels ( paradoxically from the same author. ).
Maybe he was on crack or lacked an editor. The latter could explain the missing spellchecking.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:14   Link #333
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Alto must forget the dead (Brera) and move on with Michel.
He'd just get stomped into red paste by Klan.

And you just want your crack SxR pairing.
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:24   Link #334
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
He'd just get stomped into red paste by Klan.

And you just want your crack SxR pairing.
Busted!

Anyway, I don't need a badly written light novel to get my love letter. I get that every month with the official art promos.

I don't know if I should order this book or not. I'm not interested in BL in MF.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:27   Link #335
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Busted!

Anyway, I don't need a badly written light novel to get my love letter. I get that every month with the official art promos.
Don't worry, canon ending gets more.
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:37   Link #336
Dash_Hunter
Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Maybe he was on crack or lacked an editor. The latter could explain the missing spellchecking.
My theory is that They pressured the author to finish the novel in a very short amount of time and that's why s/he didn't have time to check his/her ideas or even spelling .

Just for comparison sake, the first volume of the series light novels came out on July 2008, that's 3 month after the series started airing, the final volume came out on March 2009 more or less 6 month after the series ended.
Other example is that the novel for Itsuwari no Utahime was just released on the same day SNT premiered on theaters.

I don't know why They didn't give the author more time like with the other novels, or maybe they did give him time and it's just a coincidence but to my understanding the movie was finished in early february so that would be 2 months between the movie and the novel.
Maybe it has to do with the whole "finish everything about Frontier already" thing, because after the couple of books that are going to be released this month there's nothing else coming (aside from toys).
__________________
Dash_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:41   Link #337
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Maybe it has to do with the whole "finish everything about Frontier already" thing, because after the couple of books that are going to be released this month there's nothing else coming (aside from toys).
Hm, is that confirmed? I thought that there were some contradictory statements from Kawamori about more Frontier material in the last Macross Ace?
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 17:01   Link #338
SS13
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess
Maybe he was on crack or lacked an editor. The latter could explain the missing spellchecking.
No spellchecking in official Macross Novel?? This is nuts! I mean, no wonder people say it has bad fanfic qualities! They seem to think fans will swallow everything!. The idea to declare the movie Fan Discontinuity (and push for canon one, as well) just gained a BIG impulse! I expected this, Macross ALWAYS botches the ending!
SS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 18:00   Link #339
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
I don't know why They didn't give the author more time like with the other novels, or maybe they did give him time and it's just a coincidence but to my understanding the movie was finished in early february so that would be 2 months between the movie and the novel.
This is a good point. Hm... and nobody (except the seiyuus, Kawamori and Yoshino) were supposed to know the ending.

Edit: Interesting enough, the latest review indicates that's the problem with the novel. The deadlines, the crisis, not enough time to edit since crucial scenes are randomly missing.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-04-06 at 18:40.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 20:39   Link #340
marce_chany
Rikuo x Tsurara 4 ever!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
apparently the novel is all the opposite to the movie I meant in the movie who has more hope of life was sheryl because in the end she react but in the novels who is alive is alto I wanna see if in the novel alto dissapears and comebacks.... because the idea that alto forget the death of Sheryl and comebacks and marry with ranka is like somone says in a older post it's like a fanfic for me is.... am ridiculous
I'm a Ranka fan but I'm more a Sherylx alto fan so I support the movie final becuase well I'm one of that crazy people that think that alto is alive and ultimate blend the two ends : of the movie sheryl wakes up and the novel where Alto returns... The end

But like I said I hope someone can translate the summary but I made ​​it clear: I am sure that if alto returns in the novel, does not marry ranka, he chose to sheryl and if ranka have some love for herself will wait for someone to love her as much as she loves him
__________________
marce_chany is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.