AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-06, 15:40   Link #9521
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
The slice of life moments are what makes the Light novel interesting, the funny misadvanture of Touma class, the antics Mikoto and rail gun characters The funny interaction of GROUP. and a lot more like Itsuwa, Kanzaki moments

Even Shaige's bunny girl fetish lolz
kaizerknight01 is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 15:42   Link #9522
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
The problem is the interest of those minor characters. I didn't find the minor character of Railgun Anime to be as interesting as the minors from Index. Knowing that AC has many more awesome characters that could have gotten spotlight makes it harder to be happy about development of the ones that did get it.

This is subjective of course. While there are some like me who didn't find them interesting enough to care about their developments, there is also plenty of people who did like them.



To add to the post: I think I have read somewhere that Index is the 3rd most sold LN franchise, with 1st and 2nd place taking two much older series.

However, Railgun has Otaku's on its side. And Otaku's* are very numerous.

*Otaku =/= fan in my posts
I don't get it. You mean moe-fags?

What's an otaku to you?

Last edited by I_am_Kami; 2011-04-06 at 16:21.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 18:50   Link #9523
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
huh?

All the episodes in index have had their reasons.

arc 1- no brainer
arc 2- right arm
arc 3-accelerator is introduced with clones.
arc 4- Gabriel
arc 5- Etzali,Last order, that scientist woman.
arc 6- Kazakiri is VERY important

Season 2

1 ep- was a part of arc 5 but had no purpose so far.
arc 7- Book of Law w/ agnese and friends and orsala, and Amakusa.
arc 8-Awaki, kuroko fun, accelerator making his comeback.
arc 9- Not much, just something to piss off RCC like arc 7.
arc 10- Itsuwa and pissing off the RCC
Pissing off the RCC seems to be Touma's hobby the whole season, isn't?
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-04-06, 19:50   Link #9524
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Thats the point of the Second Season: "Touma versus the Roman Catholic Church"

And why the hate for Railgun? I mean, come on, it doesn't mean that since Index is action, Railgun must be all-action too.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 19:58   Link #9525
mark1246
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Spoiler for English translation of summary by js06:
[/QUOTE]

Dear pkmntrainer and js06 (if your reading this_)

Thanks for the summary and picture of the new ss2 special novel with Misaka in it!
I just want to know two things real fast (anyone can answer this if they want, regardless if there right or not)

1. When did the SS2 novel came out? was a bundle pack buying railgun manga vol6?

2. Is this the last SS novel with misaka in russia? or is there a part 3?

(LAST ONE) 3. i notice the illustration is done by the railgun artist: FUYUKAWA Motoi, is that the only picture there in the novel, ex. like where the front cover & etc.

p.S. thank to anyone for whoever can answer this and dont forget to thanks pkmntrainer and js06 too, they been helpful to both baka-tsuki and this site

oh one more thing, DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THE AUTHOR FOR INDEX IS ALIVE
mark1246 is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 20:08   Link #9526
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Spoiler for English translation of summary by js06:
Dear pkmntrainer and js06 (if your reading this_)

Thanks for the summary and picture of the new ss2 special novel with Misaka in it!
I just want to know two things real fast (anyone can answer this if they want, regardless if there right or not)

1. When did the SS2 novel came out? was a bundle pack buying railgun manga vol6?

2. Is this the last SS novel with misaka in russia? or is there a part 3?

(LAST ONE) 3. i notice the illustration is done by the railgun artist: FUYUKAWA Motoi, is that the only picture there in the novel, ex. like where the front cover & etc.

p.S. thank to anyone for whoever can answer this and dont forget to thanks pkmntrainer and js06 too, they been helpful to both baka-tsuki and this site

oh one more thing, DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THE AUTHOR FOR INDEX IS ALIVE [/QUOTE]

1. Index II DVD Volume 2
2. idk
3.most likely more like the last one.
4.Haimura (illustrator) said that everyone relating to index is alive.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 20:27   Link #9527
mark1246
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Dear pkmntrainer and js06 (if your reading this_)

Thanks for the summary and picture of the new ss2 special novel with Misaka in it!
I just want to know two things real fast (anyone can answer this if they want, regardless if there right or not)

1. When did the SS2 novel came out? was a bundle pack buying railgun manga vol6?

2. Is this the last SS novel with misaka in russia? or is there a part 3?

(LAST ONE) 3. i notice the illustration is done by the railgun artist: FUYUKAWA Motoi, is that the only picture there in the novel, ex. like where the front cover & etc.

p.S. thank to anyone for whoever can answer this and dont forget to thanks pkmntrainer and js06 too, they been helpful to both baka-tsuki and this site

oh one more thing, DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THE AUTHOR FOR INDEX IS ALIVE
FROM I_am_Kami

1. Index II DVD Volume 2
2. idk
3.most likely more like the last one.
4.Haimura (illustrator) said that everyone relating to index is alive.[/QUOTE]

FROM MARK1246
1. Thanks I_am_Kami!

2. Is there more summary coming on the way?

3. NT is almost done on Baka-tsuki fans of to aru no majutsu no index!
mark1246 is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:21   Link #9528
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Did I say the opposite? I'm trying to figure why railgun is somewhat hated here while it's by far more liked in france.

Nyaa! That's serious, it's a conspiracy against Mikoto so that we Misaka fans become hated, but I won't fall back, my goddess deserves such popularity!!
What are you talking about? From what I've seen, the majority of people here are at least neutral about it. I don't see any widespread hate of it or anything.

If it seems like that to you, then it's probably because many of us are Index novel readers and Railgun simply doesn't fit. We have some serious things going on in Index with people who would have died had Touma not been there, tensions rising between factions, blood being shed on the dark side of Academy City, threat of a worldwide war on the horizon - and here comes this slice-of-life series bent on advertising as much Mikoto as possible for her fanbase. It's simply jarring, and I think Chaos2Frozen's comparison is spot-on.

I also do not like the aformentioned Mikoto fanbase. It particularly irritates me when Mikoto fans ask for more screentime of her in Index when she already got her own freaking series.

Quote:
She was cool even before.

More seriously if you can see your clones being crashed by a train without the slightest change of heart, I will really call you god.

Edit : I read it, it's a good hypothesis but hmmm ... the number of people reading the novel is by far inferior than the number of people looking the anime. And the railgun hate existed before the S2 began ... but whatever, it doesn't matter at this point.
Like I said, there are many people who read the novels.

What Mikoto witnessed and experienced was indeed horrible. However, that was one time she came in contact with the true darkness of Academy City. There are many people in this series who have been experiencing this crap their entire lives. Mikoto has had all the benefits of being a happy little rich girl with a relatively carefree and sheltered life on top of Academy City's social hierarchy (Level 5). Again, this feels very jarring when compared to other Index characters.
__________________
SuzushinaYuriko is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:23   Link #9529
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post

I also do not like the aformentioned Mikoto fanbase. It particularly irritates me when Mikoto fans ask for more screentime of her in Index when she already got her own freaking series.
Yes, this is so much right here.
__________________
He did not have extraordinary athletic ability.
He did not have the intellect or skill of a superhuman genius.
He did not have the fortune needed to run a nation.
He did not have the deductive ability to resolve any incident from his easy chair.
He did not have the beauty to ruin a country with a smile.
He did not have the political power to change history with a snap of his fingers.
He did not have the unbelievable power of a Level 5.
But…
Nevertheless… -

Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:25   Link #9530
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
People have seen and done worse in the series. Stiyl had his skin and hair torn off. Maybe comparing her with the people who go through it everyday is the mistake.
...Everyday ?

The worst Stiyl ever had on an everyday basis is paper cuts and high blood pressure.

The mistake is assuming those people go through life and death situation daily.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
No, the people who don't read it exist out side of Japan or the Asian continent. Then there are those few who do. Index has alot of LN readers who watch the show but we got many Americans who haven't. Though during index II i have gotten ALOT of people to read the books and they love it. They want index III.

Index novels sell in the millions. MAL raters are what? 8,000 ? and the average is 7.98? I have met those people who also chose index> railgun cuz of moe hate. I too have moe hate cuz of K-ON.

I don't find Slice of life bad, but in index I know the story involves it. In Railgun, its just there. In the whole middle.
It's a he-says-she-says scenario, maybe you're lucky and manage to always find the places where the Index fans are, I do not have such a good fortune so to me the world's view towards Index is less than rosy.

And honestly speaking, what the heck is the point of getting angry at moe? Even If you don't like K-On, you don't have to bring that over to Railgun. And people who pick Index over Railgun for the moe factor is like picking the lesser of the two evils. In any case, you know what Railgun fans are going to say next right?

Index = fanservice

Which is just as bad as condamning Railgun for having cute girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
The problem is the interest of those minor characters. I didn't find the minor character of Railgun Anime to be as interesting as the minors from Index. Knowing that AC has many more awesome characters that could have gotten spotlight makes it harder to be happy about development of the ones that did get it.

This is subjective of course. While there are some like me who didn't find them interesting enough to care about their developments, there is also plenty of people who did like them.
Nono, I understand- given a choice I would pick the three Idiots from Index over the four girls from Railgun any day.

But that's not the point, I'm just saying the other characters do get their moments, and that it's not always focus on the four girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
To add to the post: I think I have read somewhere that Index is the 3rd most sold LN franchise, with 1st and 2nd place taking two much older series.

However, Railgun has Otaku's on its side. And Otaku's* are very numerous.

*Otaku =/= fan in my posts
Currently, Index is the most selling Light Novel, but if we compare of all times then I think it'll fall short.

That said, the real test of strength is to pit New Testament v2 against the long awaited Haruhi 10. If Index can dethrone the God Queen, then we all have an additional bragging chip in our pockets.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:28   Link #9531
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
^ I think its irritating when people say Railgun > Index or Misaka > Touma or Accelerator.

It's insulting to the actual characters.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:30   Link #9532
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
^ I think its irritating when people say Railgun > Index or Misaka > Touma or Accelerator.

It's insulting to the actual characters.
Agreed. I've found that people tend to judge characters against each other, not considering their unique merits. Like they do in real life every day.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:37   Link #9533
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's a he-says-she-says scenario, maybe you're lucky and manage to always find the places where the Index fans are, I do not have such a good fortune so to me the world's view towards Index is less than rosy.
I've been doing a little converting.

Quote:
And honestly speaking, what the heck is the point of getting angry at moe? Even If you don't like K-On, you don't have to bring that over to Railgun. And people who pick Index over Railgun for the moe factor is like picking the lesser of the two evils. In any case, you know what Railgun fans are going to say next right?
I don't really hate moe or K-ON! but to me it seems ridiculous when alot of other great animes haven't made good landmark sales like K-ON! has. In MAL i gave Railgun a 7 cuz of the boring middle but the first and last arc were good.(Even though i didn't full finish the last arc.)


Quote:
Currently, Index is the most selling Light Novel, but if we compare of all times then I think it'll fall short.

That said, the real test of strength is to pit New Testament v2 against the long awaited Haruhi 10. If Index can dethrone the God Queen, then we all have an additional bragging chip in our pockets.

I think there will be a war between otakus if that happened. Though i dont think that could happen. If it does wonderful if it doesn't won't care since i don't think we should be counting our chickens before they hatch( is this the right term?) For example in the OBD battledome in Naruto Forums somebody put ToAruverse vs Luke Skywalker. Hell broke lose.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:41   Link #9534
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
^ I think its irritating when people say Railgun > Index or Misaka > Touma or Accelerator.

It's insulting to the actual characters.

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we all do the same?

When asking people why do you like Accelerator? You're going to find that small little comparison with Touma at the end. When we're having that ridiculous debate on the Main character status of Mikoto, eventually someone is going to bring up that 'she's better than Index'.

Heck we're doing it right now when we's complaining about Railgun.

Comparison is normal and unavoidable, but the haters tend to generalize the characters. Touma has an interesting duality to his personality that people don't see because they're only focus on his 'fighting style'. People can accept the violent side of Mikoto but can't do the same for Index? She's pretty much a tsundere as well right?
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:47   Link #9535
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I think there will be a war between otakus if that happened. Though i dont think that could happen. If it does wonderful if it doesn't won't care since i don't think we should be counting our chickens before they hatch( is this the right term?) For example in the OBD battledome in Naruto Forums somebody put ToAruverse vs Luke Skywalker. Hell broke lose.
This is the true meaning to [La Persona superiore a Dio], to dethrone the God Queen. But yeah, highly unlikely.


...Luke Skywalker?! What the fractale? What does he have to do with Toaru?
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:49   Link #9536
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we all do the same?

When asking people why do you like Accelerator? You're going to find that small little comparison with Touma at the end. When we're having that ridiculous debate on the Main character status of Mikoto, eventually someone is going to bring up that 'she's better than Index'.
It more to me along the lines of Railgun SERIES > Index SERIES bashing and then i explode. Some guy said the index story sucked and the novels are probably not that great. BOOM!, The asshole never read it. But I used my people skills and manipulated him to reading the novels. Waiting to ask him if he has read or not.

Granted though it was probably 1 index fan that started all this or maybe it was a Railgun fan that saw railgun first and then index.
Quote:
Heck we're doing it right now when we's complaining about Railgun.
We are arguing about arguing. IRONY

Quote:
Comparison is normal and unavoidable, but the haters tend to generalize the characters. Touma has an interesting duality to his personality that people don't see because they're only focus on his 'fighting style'. If people can accept the violent side of Mikoto but can't do the same for Index? She's pretty much a tsundere as well right?
They can like whoever they want( I for one am liking Kakine and Misaka WORST) but comparing series is what gets me. In Mikotos defense we get to know her more than we ever had index.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 22:51   Link #9537
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This is the true meaning to [La Persona superiore a Dio], to dethrone the God Queen. But yeah, highly unlikely.


...Luke Skywalker?! What the fractale? What does he have to do with Toaru?
I would show the link but all you would get from it is reading the word "mindrape" from skywalker fans. The debates been settled though but its like here's the powerful new contender facing the Greatest legend of all time.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 23:11   Link #9538
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
....
It was something called 'exageration'.

Quote:
Like I said, there are many people who read the novels.
Did I say the opposite ? But if you have some free time, make the statistics, 'people who read the novel and see the anime' and 'people who see the anime'.

I'm sure you can't even compare the two. While it's true on animesuki here, everybody is reading it.

Quote:
Agreed. I've found that people tend to judge characters against each other, not considering their unique merits. Like they do in real life every day
Asking that humans don't do what they do in their way of living is really big. That's how every manga/anime eventually come to fanbase.

Well whatever, seeing how the original question moved from 'why railgun a plotless anime' to ' why biribirifans are so damn annoying' I will stop there.
Zakoo is offline  
Old 2011-04-06, 23:26   Link #9539
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
It more to me along the lines of Railgun SERIES > Index SERIES bashing and then i explode. Some guy said the index story sucked and the novels are probably not that great. BOOM!, The asshole never read it. But I used my people skills and manipulated him to reading the novels. Waiting to ask him if he has read or not.

Granted though it was probably 1 index fan that started all this or maybe it was a Railgun fan that saw railgun first and then index.
Yes well, before we all start to go on crusades and holy wars, try to not make the same mistakes as the Railgun-only supporters would do?
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-04-06, 23:33   Link #9540
Hono
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
What are you talking about? From what I've seen, the majority of people here are at least neutral about it. I don't see any widespread hate of it or anything.

If it seems like that to you, then it's probably because many of us are Index novel readers and Railgun simply doesn't fit. We have some serious things going on in Index with people who would have died had Touma not been there, tensions rising between factions, blood being shed on the dark side of Academy City, threat of a worldwide war on the horizon - and here comes this slice-of-life series bent on advertising as much Mikoto as possible for her fanbase. It's simply jarring, and I think Chaos2Frozen's comparison is spot-on.
Might help if you keep the timeline in mind. Railgun's timeline hasn't gotten anywhere near the point where things get really serious in Index's timeline.

Not that it matters. Feels like anything that Mikoto does is doomed to get downplayed because she's the one who did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Like I said, there are many people who read the novels.

What Mikoto witnessed and experienced was indeed horrible. However, that was one time she came in contact with the true darkness of Academy City. There are many people in this series who have been experiencing this crap their entire lives. Mikoto has had all the benefits of being a happy little rich girl with a relatively carefree and sheltered life on top of Academy City's social hierarchy (Level 5). Again, this feels very jarring when compared to other Index characters.
So she's not allowed to be affected so badly by the whole experiment because that's the only time she ever experienced something like that? If anything, it should be the other way around; Mikoto's never had to deal with something like that before and that's why it affected her so much.

And why do you keep bringing up the novels? I know this is the novel thread, but how does reading the novels have anything to do with enjoying or not enjoying Railgun? Sure as hell didn't stop Japan from loving it.

Meh, I normally just lurk but this is starting to get old. Every time anyone brings up Mikoto it degenerates to the same old arguments.
Hono is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.