AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-07, 13:05   Link #3261
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Ah yeah there were a few, though i wouldn't call them 'rock tunes'.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 13:08   Link #3262
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
^ Faulconer's soundtrack is entirely synthesized, and quite a few of his pieces are rock oriented. Those ones in particular would be used for several battles (where they're most appropriate).

Man, hearing those tunes brings back great memories .
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 17:30   Link #3263
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Well, to be honest, I wonder if the average fan even knows about this whole debacle. I doubt it'll be remade yet again.

As for me, personally, it sucks that the music is plagiarized, but it really has no affect on my enjoyment on the series. I don't care that there's legal issues going on behind the scenes...that's for corporate suits to worry about. All I gotta do is sit here and enjoy aliens mashing up some androids (or cyborgs, whatever floats your boat) with some badass music in the background. Call it being ignorant, but life's too short to complain about things you can't control...just enjoy what you have.
From the perspective of actually buying a new condensed boxset version of DBZ, it certainly kinda sucks...I'm a hoarder with more bootleg $hit than a 1920's wiseguy, but with Kai supposedly (at the time) going to be 150eps tops, I certainly would have bought that (especially with how it turned out thematically)...I won't buy a hacked up version with Faulconer tracks and or old japanese version tracks mishmashed together to cover up the plagerized stuff...

Once again, that's why it sucks...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 23:28   Link #3264
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ Faulconer's soundtrack is entirely synthesized, and quite a few of his pieces are rock oriented. Those ones in particular would be used for several battles (where they're most appropriate).
Yes i know that already . I'm just saying that i wouldn't label them as 'rock tunes', that's all.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 01:41   Link #3265
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
From the perspective of actually buying a new condensed boxset version of DBZ, it certainly kinda sucks...I'm a hoarder with more bootleg $hit than a 1920's wiseguy, but with Kai supposedly (at the time) going to be 150eps tops, I certainly would have bought that (especially with how it turned out thematically)...I won't buy a hacked up version with Faulconer tracks and or old japanese version tracks mishmashed together to cover up the plagerized stuff...

Once again, that's why it sucks...
And that is why Kai failed hard and forever ruined the good name of the original.
Oh well, I prefer Hokuto no Ken to this in the first place.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 02:17   Link #3266
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Considering how the end of the series was announced before this whole plagiarism lawsuit came up... I'm just gonna assume it was cancelled because of poor sales. Because while the series received consistently great ratings, (but then again, it aired back-to-back with one of the most popular anime ever, so of course it got good ratings) the merchandise and home-video releases were rather unsuccessful. The plagiarism-issue might have been the final nail in the coffin, (as in, I seriously doubt we'll ever see the Buu-arc "Kai-ified" after this whole thing) but even if this didn't happen, the show would have ended here anyway.
Yeah, good point about the DVD/Bluray sales. The thing was that only a few years ago, they were releasing remastered DVDs of Dragonball anyway. Especially with the prices in Japan regarding DVDs, even the hardest of the hardcore fans wouldn't be swayed (especially when the remastered Dragonball DVDs had it all. Fillers and all). Meanwhile, it seemed to actually do decently at American/European retailers though. But as always, they never take that into account in making something.

As for Toriko, Good on that show I guess. Though I wish they didn't use that weird One Piece tiein and instead just did it entirely from the manga perspective. I'm not really bitter about Kai considering the controversy. They did seem to have many reasons not to continue considering all that.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 21:22   Link #3267
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Oh well, I prefer Hokuto no Ken to this in the first place.
Hmm, seems I'm not the only one who wants to see a filler-free "Hokuto No Ken KAI" after all...
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 01:55   Link #3268
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Yup, and it better not be a remake. They no longer know how to repeat the brilliant atmosphere of the original. *points at everything that came out after the series and the movie*
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 02:21   Link #3269
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I really liked the richly Gothic feel of the backgrounds in the 1980's version. But one change I most certainly did NOT mind was Kajiura Yuki's majestically operatic musical score for the new movies. Digitally remaster the rest Kai style, add RED blood and guts for the "hidebu" scenes, cut ALL the fillers and mix in Ms Kajiura's music, shake and bake and voila, an instant classic.
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 12:35   Link #3270
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Apparently we will be able to see the 98th episode that never aired due to the earthquake after all. It'll come with the final DVD/Blu-ray of the series due August 2nd and as expected it will be...

「未来に平和を!悟空の魂よ永遠に」
"Bring Peace to the Future! Goku's Spirit is Eternal"

It's no Buu arc, but at least Cell's Kai version will feel truly complete now.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 12:50   Link #3271
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Apparently we will be able to see the 98th episode that never aired due to the earthquake after all. It'll come with the final DVD/Blu-ray of the series due August 2nd and as expected it will be...

「未来に平和を!悟空の魂よ永遠に」
"Bring Peace to the Future! Goku's Spirit is Eternal"

It's no Buu arc, but at least Cell's Kai version will feel truly complete now.
Kikuichi Shunsuke's music is magnificent and epic in its own right, and is a classic score, no doubt.

But hopefully they will still use Yamamoto Kenji's equally magnificent musical score to keep the emotional continuity consistent, because its sudden dissapearance in the final 2 episodes truly ruined Kai's ending in my honest opinion.
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 13:07   Link #3272
Vegard Aune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Kikuichi Shunsuke's music is magnificent and epic in its own right, and is a classic score, no doubt.

But hopefully they will still use Yamamoto Kenji's equally magnificent musical score to keep the emotional continuity consistent, because its sudden dissapearance in the final 2 episodes truly ruined Kai's ending in my honest opinion.
They won't. Toei has quite thoroughly cut all ties with Kenji Yamamoto in regards to the series, and his soundtrack has been replaced with Kikuchi's score not only in those two episodes, but also in re-airings of older episodes, international airings of them, and any home-releases from, well, anywhere in the world. (Or, I haven't actually heard any solid proof of that last one, but, well, the home releases around the world were all delayed. I rather doubt that could have been coincidental.)
__________________
Thinking of stuff to put in a signature is hard...
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 15:12   Link #3273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
I'm looking forward to the final episode, though my opinion on using Shunsuke's score still stands.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 23:12   Link #3274
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Daly City, CA
The final episode aired very recently. Now we have some closure.

Spoiler for Episode:
__________________
Cyclone Magnum
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 15:33   Link #3275
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Great to see the episode at last. Always satisfying to see Trunks completely confuse Cell by being way more powerful and knowing all his tricks.

The narrator seemed to imply the Buu saga is still a possibility sometime in the future.

The barrage of scenes at the end had me feeling very nostalgic. For some reason those montages always get to me, lol.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:04   Link #3276
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Great to see the episode at last. Always satisfying to see Trunks completely confuse Cell by being way more powerful and knowing all his tricks.

The narrator seemed to imply the Buu saga is still a possibility sometime in the future.

The barrage of scenes at the end had me feeling very nostalgic. For some reason those montages always get to me, lol.
It might've gotten to me if not for the inclusion of the Paikuhan fight in a supposedly major filler-free adaptation. They compeltely skipped the Garlic Jr. arc, so why include that? How pointless.

Oh well, good episode otherwise that finally brings some more closure to Kai's rather anti-climatic end of its run.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:08   Link #3277
rasudoken
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The United States of America
What I don't get is why they decided to show Pikkon in the episode at the end.
rasudoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 19:53   Link #3278
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
It might've gotten to me if not for the inclusion of the Paikuhan fight in a supposedly major filler-free adaptation. They compeltely skipped the Garlic Jr. arc, so why include that? How pointless.

Oh well, good episode otherwise that finally brings some more closure to Kai's rather anti-climatic end of its run.
Yeah, that puzzled me as well, but I guess nostalgia overpowered annoyment at that moment.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 16:17   Link #3279
Ahiru77
あひる
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I'm really glad they released this episode. Now Kai feels more complete even with the filler.


And seriously, Trunks owning multiple villains in one episode must remain in any release of Dragon Ball. Too awesome to throw out.
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 05:30   Link #3280
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
There were once a bunch of Clint Eastwood fans in my Film-Class who whined and complained that the action sequences in Dragonball are "boring" beause "it's nothing but a bunch of guys standing there doing nothing but growling and staring for 5 minutes" and is apparently "crap" compared to "classics" like The Good The Bad And The Ugly."

I shoved their hypocrisy right-back into their big-fat-mouths by showing them their favourite action-sequence of all time:


Ah, revenge is sweet.
__________________

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2011-09-16 at 09:32.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.