AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-09, 17:46   Link #281
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
SoL??

I... do not even know where to begin in this show. Random but not funny, jokes that are not amusing, deadpan humor that leaves the viewer dumbstruck as well... this is the worst show I've seen so far this season, and I've watched Dog Days and Sengoku Otome.

Props to the people who like it, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'm going to have to wonder about those people...
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 19:23   Link #282
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
SoL??

I... do not even know where to begin in this show. Random but not funny, jokes that are not amusing, deadpan humor that leaves the viewer dumbstruck as well... this is the worst show I've seen so far this season, and I've watched Dog Days and Sengoku Otome.

Props to the people who like it, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'm going to have to wonder about those people...
Obviously, this show is a Love it or Hate it show.

Randomness is my thing, see.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 23:30   Link #283
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
[Drill Arm] *pop*
Also, I don't think that's what an iPod nano is.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 00:50   Link #284
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Still Random, but getting more interesting.

Spoiler for Oh where to begin?:


Interesting choices of classical music throughout this episode. Nice rise and fall in it the entire way. They picked a good music director I guess.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 00:56   Link #285
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Spoiler for Episode 2:
__________________

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-04-10 at 01:41.
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 01:35   Link #286
xxxplizit
ecchi-licious
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In bed, impregnating
Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Spoiler for Ep 2:
__________________
xxxplizit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 01:42   Link #287
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I enjoyed episode 2 more than episode 1, honestly. The professor and Nano are adorable. They stole the first half of the episode with just their easygoing antics.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2011-04-10 at 02:28.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 01:55   Link #288
Yushi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Me during first episode: Meh, just some random jokes that are hit or miss.
Me during second episode: DUDE, THIS IS AWESOME. I LOVE IT!!!
I'll be following this for sure. The end. XD
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 01:56   Link #289
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
omg... Kyoto Animation... wtf are you guys doing... orz... Directions were just horrible. So many amateur level mistakes, which interrupt successful conveyance of humour. Half of the time, it was boring.

Otherwise, it was fine. Animation quality is ridiculously high for this kind of gag-show, though.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 02:02   Link #290
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
omg... Kyoto Animation... wtf are you guys doing... orz... Directions were just horrible. So many amateur level mistakes, which interrupt successful conveyance of humour. Half of the time, it was boring.

Otherwise, it was fine. Animation quality is ridiculously high for this kind of gag-show, though.
Should have given it to Shaft huh?
omimon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 02:24   Link #291
mysterious
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: somewhere on earth
Got a good laugh through out this episode. It is been long since Lucky Star that an anime like this comes along.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 02:39   Link #292
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
The show's fun, but right now the music is definitely the one aspect of it that I most like.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 02:41   Link #293
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A place where the stars cross.
Age: 21
Nano and the Professor are just soooo cute.

And dat notebook BL and chase scene. That gave me a good laugh
__________________
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 02:45   Link #294
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 27
Wow, some people really hating on this. In any case, this is my favorite show of season so far (we'll see how MH goes) and I find it hilarious. If you want to "wonder" about me, than do realize its something called "preference" and no matter how much you may hate something that doesn't automatically make the opposite people weird...

Someone mentioned Amateur level mistakes, may I ask for examples? I tend to miss things like that as I'm generally focusing on understanding the dialogue so my mind isn't all on watching the animation.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 03:03   Link #295
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
I want a Swiss roll for some reason now....but I'd rather have a chocolate one.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 03:19   Link #296
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Wow, some people really hating on this. In any case, this is my favorite show of season so far (we'll see how MH goes) and I find it hilarious. If you want to "wonder" about me, than do realize its something called "preference" and no matter how much you may hate something that doesn't automatically make the opposite people weird...

Someone mentioned Amateur level mistakes, may I ask for examples? I tend to miss things like that as I'm generally focusing on understanding the dialogue so my mind isn't all on watching the animation.
Yeah. Only episode 2 and I think the haters just needs to go away and stop watching instead of watching every second and pretending to hate it.

The nature of surrealistic comedy is not meant to appeal to everyone to begin with so it's understandable if some people hate it.

And I don't really see those 'amateur mistakes' either. The awkward moments in this show is there to emulate the awkwardness in the manga itself. It's done quite brilliantly in fact.

As for 'it should be a SHAFT' show, I just can't help but laugh at it. By FAR, KyoAni does these kinds of shows better than Shaft as I see it.

If it was Shaft, they'd do the typical 'rotating heads over their shoulders' thing with minimal animation... The quality in this show blows away any Shaft production. No offense meant though, since I actually do like Shaft shows a lot. But people actually saying KyoAni does bad animation are totally out of line or just showing some crazy bias for some reason.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 03:43   Link #297
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Hakase and Nano were great, the rest were really hits and misses.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 04:14   Link #298
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Spoiler:
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 04:51   Link #299
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Could this be described as Monty Python random? Or is that too far?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 05:00   Link #300
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yeah. Only episode 2 and I think the haters just needs to go away and stop watching instead of watching every second and pretending to hate it.
NO-YOU! Cannot appreciate the opinion, do you? Did I say any hate words without supported by reason? I clearly said what I like and dislike about the series, and there is no-reason to call me 'hater'.

I won't drop this, solely for this extreme animation/production quality. Hell, it is enough reason for me to appreciate the series.

Quote:
The nature of surrealistic comedy is not meant to appeal to everyone to begin with so it's understandable if some people hate it.

And I don't really see those 'amateur mistakes' either. The awkward moments in this show is there to emulate the awkwardness in the manga itself. It's done quite brilliantly in fact.

As for 'it should be a SHAFT' show, I just can't help but laugh at it. By FAR, KyoAni does these kinds of shows better than Shaft as I see it.

If it was Shaft, they'd do the typical 'rotating heads over their shoulders' thing with minimal animation... The quality in this show blows away any Shaft production. No offense meant though, since I actually do like Shaft shows a lot. But people actually saying KyoAni does bad animation are totally out of line or just showing some crazy bias for some reason.
I love surrealistic comedy, if you don't know.

You obviously don't understand the difference between 'Animation' and 'Direction'.... You cannot laugh if you know that. I clearly stated that quality of animation of this series is overkill. But, it still doesn't change the fact that some parts that 'should've been funny' ended up plain boring or useless, except for few moments like wiener scene in 1st episode.

I don't hate the series. What I hate is Kyoto Animation's lost of sense or brilliancy with their 'used-to-be-good' direction, which I thought came back with Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi. Kyoto Animation is trying too hard to make this 'slow-comedy-series' like Azumanga Daioh styled anime, but it shouldn't be like that.

In terms of directional sense and creativity with the random-comedy centered series, Shaft is better since they know how to pinpoint the important ingredients for humour from original contents. It has nothing to do with quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Someone mentioned Amateur level mistakes, may I ask for examples? I tend to miss things like that as I'm generally focusing on understanding the dialogue so my mind isn't all on watching the animation.
Mismatching BGM was one, but I admit this is biased. Anything that 'isn't funny' due to the atmosphere or lengthened sequence or scene is amateurish mistake.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.

Last edited by applejuice; 2011-04-10 at 05:13.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, kyoto animation, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.