AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 54 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 28.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 9.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-30, 16:46   Link #21
Frizo
Say what?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 16
The second season was just as good, if not better than the first. I really loved it, and it keep me busy for about 2 weeks while I watched it. Now I am slightly depressed it is over, but I cannot wait for the movie. Maybe, if we are lucky, a season 3? Eh, maybe. Season 2 was amazing to me, that's that.
Frizo is offline  
Old 2010-12-30, 16:56   Link #22
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizo View Post
Maybe, if we are lucky, a season 3?
I would not consider that lucky.
Goggen is offline  
Old 2010-12-30, 17:06   Link #23
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizo View Post
Maybe, if we are lucky, a season 3?

Thats what they said for Lucky Star.. lolol get it Lucky Star.
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline  
Old 2010-12-31, 19:15   Link #24
shuu03
imba sir`
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 19
Talking

i still didn't watch the season 2 ahaha . . i'm tired of watching anime all day xD
__________________
lol . <img src=images/as.global/smilies/tongue.gif border=0 alt= title=Stick Out Tongue class=inlineimg />
shuu03 is offline  
Old 2010-12-31, 19:40   Link #25
Frizo
Say what?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
I would not consider that lucky.
Woah woah. It's this thing called on opinion. You can watch it, or you can ignore it. I do not care what you do, it's your choice.

[/offtopic]

But hey, for most of these people, season 2 was awesome. There was many times they took and did their own things that were not in the manga, and that's good. No need to see the same thing twice.
Frizo is offline  
Old 2010-12-31, 20:41   Link #26
shuu03
imba sir`
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 19
the season 2 ws boring . . ahaha
__________________
lol . <img src=images/as.global/smilies/tongue.gif border=0 alt= title=Stick Out Tongue class=inlineimg />
shuu03 is offline  
Old 2011-01-01, 09:09   Link #27
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizo View Post
Woah woah. It's this thing called on opinion.
Yeah. I just gave mine.

Quote:
But hey, for most of these people, season 2 was awesome. There was many times they took and did their own things that were not in the manga, and that's good. No need to see the same thing twice.
I think you've got me wrong here - I'm not criticizing K-On at all. I absolutely loved season 2. But the story is over now. Season 2 covered the end of the manga. It's the end. I'm fine with them continuing past that point with a one-off like a movie (which they're doing) and I am excited about that... But to go and make an entire new season would be pushing it. I'd rather K-On go out on a high note than drag it out until it starts to suck.
Goggen is offline  
Old 2011-01-01, 19:49   Link #28
Frizo
Say what?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Yeah. I just gave mine.



I think you've got me wrong here - I'm not criticizing K-On at all. I absolutely loved season 2. But the story is over now. Season 2 covered the end of the manga. It's the end. I'm fine with them continuing past that point with a one-off like a movie (which they're doing) and I am excited about that... But to go and make an entire new season would be pushing it. I'd rather K-On go out on a high note than drag it out until it starts to suck.
Do you think that KyoAni is going to let K-on, a hugely successful series, even outside of Japan, go like that? They will probably milk the cow dry. But I will say, K-on has a pretty solid plot. It's not like the Animes here in the states like Dragonball with the super heroes with you know, villians and getting stronger. They could go back on things and focus more on the Juniors, and when they are seniors. The girls while they are in college, ect. The possibilities are vast, they can do whatever they want. They will not let a series such as K-on die, that is that. You gotta think from the business side of view.

EDIT: Sorry for such an offtopic post guys, didn't really mean it to get this far :/
Frizo is offline  
Old 2011-01-02, 07:13   Link #29
zette
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizo View Post
Do you think that KyoAni is going to let K-on, a hugely successful series, even outside of Japan, go like that? They will probably milk the cow dry.
They're not. That's why they're making a movie.

And I think the act of milking the cash cow was what Goggen meant when he said that a season 3 of K-ON would not be considered lucky, because frankly it would be a shame for K-ON to have a third season all for the purpose of money. Sure, if there was more material from the manga to animate, then I'll be all up for a third season. But as it is, season 2 has already covered the end of the manga as Goggen pointed out, and it provides a pretty nice closure to the story. I just don't think that focusing on the juniors and their new band is enough for a third season because most of the appeal of K-ON lies in the five main girls and if four of them were to take a lesser role, then the third season would not be as profitable and popular as the first two seasons.
__________________
zette is offline  
Old 2011-01-02, 17:35   Link #30
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Mitten Area.
Send a message via Skype™ to Otaku Guy
No Fighting lol ^^
I think we can all agree that whether or not it was Season 1 or Season 2 or if there even should be a Season 3 that it was still an awesome show.
Otaku Guy is offline  
Old 2011-01-10, 21:26   Link #31
Berlin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the Milkyway!
The OP song was horrible to me so I still have yet to watch it. Is it really as good as the first season and do they ever change the intro song?
Berlin is offline  
Old 2011-01-10, 21:42   Link #32
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
Is it really as good as the first season and do they ever change the intro song?
yes, and yes

Season 2 Openings
sorry who ever upload this mirrored this opening




Season 2 Endings


__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline  
Old 2011-01-10, 21:55   Link #33
Berlin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the Milkyway!
Thanks for putting those up but I still like the OP and ED of season one's the best and I still dislike the OP of season two's but the ED songs are nice. I am def. gonna watch it cuz it seems def. as funny and cute as the first season.
Berlin is offline  
Old 2011-01-10, 23:21   Link #34
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
Thanks for putting those up but I still like the OP and ED of season one's the best and I still dislike the OP of season two's but the ED songs are nice. I am def. gonna watch it cuz it seems def. as funny and cute as the first season.
Yeah, you'll love season 2. In my opinion it far exceeds the first season in nearly every way except the music(There's less "in anime" performances in S2).

As far as the S2 OP's go, the first one annoyed the hell out of me, but it grew on me a bit. I loved the second OP though. Overall though, my favorite is still the season 1 OP.
wingman32x is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 22:54   Link #35
Iracundi
I smartickles. XD
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Most Polluted City in America: We won't breath it if we can't see it.
Age: 20
I loved this anime because I'm in my senior year of high school. I was in my school's band (marching band) and made me contimplate who's going to miss me. I also had a senior friend graduate two years ago and made me relive the memory of her leaving. I literally bawled my eyes out for about two hours after I finished it. So, in evoking emotion in me, I give it a 10.

And the music was so awesome, I'm actually beginning to learn the guitar. ^_^ their music is inspirational! so a definate 10 for music.

As for editing and all the other animation options, it was a very cute, aesthetically pleasing anime and is much better than most. 10/10

overall, a 10!!!!! And I kinda hope they don't do a third season. just an OVA in which Ui, Azusa, and Jun show how the club will continue and how the original band is doing in college will be enough for me.
Iracundi is offline  
Old 2011-02-17, 06:05   Link #36
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundi View Post
And I kinda hope they don't do a third season. just an OVA in which Ui, Azusa, and Jun show how the club will continue and how the original band is doing in college will be enough for me.
Movie, man.
Goggen is offline  
Old 2011-04-12, 09:49   Link #37
O.D.
Lurking Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
First, I'd like to say that I enjoyed K-On!. It had great art, great animation, great music, and great voice acting. It had some really nice episodes, and it got me attached to some of the characters (especially Azusa). However, good points aside, there were also a few things that I disliked.

When I started watching this anime, I wanted to see the girls actually get involved in their hobby. Instead, I got a ton of slice-of-life scenes where the girls did nothing but eat cakes, do various schoolwork and visit various places (now, I do not mind slice-of-life, but I do mind it when important character development gets sacrificed for such scenes). And in the end, the girls were magically able to play their instruments perfectly and hold out concerts and stuff.

Unfortunately, playing in a band doesn't work that way. It takes years for a person to become "pretty good" at playing an instrument (and it takes a while for beginners to get used to playing in a band). The producers got away by playing the "Yui is a genius" card in the first season, which lacked realism and was pretty unfair.

However, the situation becomes even more unrealistic if we talk about the songs they played. How did they manage to compose so many of them? Because once again, it takes years for someone to become good enough in music theory, harmony, counterpoint and all that stuff to compose something decent. Did the musical scores appear by magic? Did the girls just play the songs by ear?

It seems that not even the producers know the answers to these questions. Maybe that's why they just tossed away the music aspect and focused mostly on the slice-of life scenes (especially in the second season). Oh, well...

No, I'm not going to rate this.
__________________
...
O.D. is online now  
Old 2011-04-12, 20:42   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Quote:
However, the situation becomes even more unrealistic if we talk about the songs they played. How did they manage to compose so many of them? Because once again, it takes years for someone to become good enough in music theory, harmony, counterpoint and all that stuff to compose something decent. Did the musical scores appear by magic? Did the girls just play the songs by ear?
Mugi was the composer of the group, and she did have a lot of formal musical training apparently.
Proto is offline  
Old 2011-04-12, 21:00   Link #39
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
At least 10 years of musical experiance on Mugi's part. Nearly the same with Azusa. Ritsu and Mio have a few years of music behind them. Only Yui is inexperianced.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2011-04-13, 20:31   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.D. View Post
First, I'd like to say that I enjoyed K-On!. It had great art, great animation, great music, and great voice acting. It had some really nice episodes, and it got me attached to some of the characters (especially Azusa). However, good points aside, there were also a few things that I disliked.

When I started watching this anime, I wanted to see the girls actually get involved in their hobby. Instead, I got a ton of slice-of-life scenes where the girls did nothing but eat cakes, do various schoolwork and visit various places (now, I do not mind slice-of-life, but I do mind it when important character development gets sacrificed for such scenes). And in the end, the girls were magically able to play their instruments perfectly and hold out concerts and stuff.

Unfortunately, playing in a band doesn't work that way. It takes years for a person to become "pretty good" at playing an instrument (and it takes a while for beginners to get used to playing in a band). The producers got away by playing the "Yui is a genius" card in the first season, which lacked realism and was pretty unfair.

However, the situation becomes even more unrealistic if we talk about the songs they played. How did they manage to compose so many of them? Because once again, it takes years for someone to become good enough in music theory, harmony, counterpoint and all that stuff to compose something decent. Did the musical scores appear by magic? Did the girls just play the songs by ear?

It seems that not even the producers know the answers to these questions. Maybe that's why they just tossed away the music aspect and focused mostly on the slice-of life scenes (especially in the second season). Oh, well...

No, I'm not going to rate this.
Actually... the music composed is pretty simple, tripping on familiar archetypes and phrasing - especially the early tunes. Mio has skads of jazz training, Mugi, the rich clan princess, has been trained in music since she was a toddler, Ritsu, well drummers tend to be organic creatures who have obsessed with rhythm from birth.

Yui is the only "fantastic device" and she's a fortuitous "idiot savant" occurrence - she can't even read music, she just listens.

And yes, btw, I've played and written music (mostly in my teenage years). If you really listen, you'll hear in the episodes wrong notes, off-key vocals, poor synchronization INTENTIONALLY put there by Kyo-Ani musicians. The music in the CDs, in the EDs ... that portrays the "future group" as they'd sound when they went pro.
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.