AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-16, 13:44   Link #501
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
The creators just couln't make up their mind in which direction to go completely, which is a pity, IMHO.
I think I agree. Though I have no clue what the hell they were thinking
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 14:18   Link #502
reverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I think "real ending" should be something like this

Michiko got shot and injured or worse ( dead )
and the rest follow the same path
__________________
http://xkcd.com/
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 14:19   Link #503
signorRossi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiavik View Post
That's just your opinion though. I didnt find any episode to be bad.
I was exaggerating a little , didn't mean it that seriously. I just would have loved that they followed the style of the episodes I really liked throughout.
On a side note, I listened to the OST and was surprised that it was really good.
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 17:45   Link #504
NickelXenon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 24
It really bugged me that Hatchin had a kid. =/
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 01:18   Link #505
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: For great justice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelXenon View Post
It really bugged me that Hatchin had a kid. =/
Why? The thing that really bugged me was how unattractive a teenager Hatchin became.
Unfortunately, it was that last episode which also brought home the fact that all the assistant directors, photography directors, storyboard writers etc. were trying to influence the show in different directions.
__________________

qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 02:23   Link #506
NickelXenon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Why? The thing that really bugged me was how unattractive a teenager Hatchin became.
Unfortunately, it was that last episode which also brought home the fact that all the assistant directors, photography directors, storyboard writers etc. were trying to influence the show in different directions.
I guess I felt she'd end up doing something a lot cooler than that. Plus, her baby wasn't cute and neither was Hatchin.
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 13:46   Link #507
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 22
I stopped watching this crap after episode 7 and both the main characters are boring and not interesting. I thought Michiko was strong-willed, intelligent and reliable but she's the exact opposite of that, I can't imagine she escaped one of the most heavily guarded prisons in existence for at least the fourth time.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 20:54   Link #508
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Really? And you only felt like letting us know that now?
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 23:13   Link #509
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
I stopped watching this crap after episode 7 and both the main characters are boring and not interesting. I thought Michiko was strong-willed, intelligent and reliable but she's the exact opposite of that, I can't imagine she escaped one of the most heavily guarded prisons in existence for at least the fourth time.

LOL, well she's definitely strong-willed, but intelligent and reliable...yeah...I think that where we turn to Hatchin for.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 00:08   Link #510
Cirocco
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Late to the party..but I just want to comment that this is a superb series, very mature and stylish, from beginning to the end, and each episode never disappoints. Vivid locale and lush music also makes this series come alive. And then there's the beautiful satisfying ending to a "mother-daughter" relationship that started tumultuous and uncertain. Time well spent, on this series.
Cirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 02:43   Link #511
signorRossi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirocco View Post
Late to the party..but I just want to comment that this is a superb series, very mature and stylish, from beginning to the end, and each episode never disappoints. Vivid locale and lush music also makes this series come alive. And then there's the beautiful satisfying ending to a "mother-daughter" relationship that started tumultuous and uncertain. Time well spent, on this series.
Please don't call it mature, it doesn't deserve that title.
MtH had it's mature moments, but unfortunately they couldn't decide to stay on that path and added completely over the top slapstick/random hilarity/childishness and ruined the whole show a bit with it IMHO. What parts did you especially like? I for one wasn't disappointed at all that Hatchin had a child at the end, that was very fitting. And the episode Satoshi died was good, too, and the one with the boy with amnesia.

Someone in another tread here even called Ryokos case files mature... LOL
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 03:57   Link #512
Cirocco
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
For me, the approach of the material comes across as mature, from the abuse that Hatchin experiences to the fateful violent demise of Satoshi. Sure, there were moments of levity, but overall the theme (and subject matter) has dark undertones and edges, and it doesn't skirt the grittier side of life. This series succeeds in making me care about the characters, even making me believe such a world could exist.

I don't have any standout episode that I could call my own, because I've enjoyed each and every episode, some more than others, sure, but each left an impression of complete satisfaction. Still one of the more memorable episodes has to be the appearance of Pepe Lima, Lulu, and Ricardo in episode 4. The evil that kids do...
Cirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 04:02   Link #513
Cirocco
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
...that's Pepe Lima, Lulu, and RICO...
Cirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 06:28   Link #514
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirocco View Post
This series succeeds in making me care about the characters, even making me believe such a world could exist.
But it does, dude. It's called Earth.

No, seriously, I haven't really seen anything strikingly out of the realm of possibilities in this series, to class it as otherworldly fiction... I have seen and read about way more outlandish things, around these parts...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 08:30   Link #515
reverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
episode Satoshi died was good, too, and the one with the boy with amnesia.
the boy with amnesia ep were nice. I think that my fav
__________________
http://xkcd.com/
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 09:34   Link #516
Cirocco
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
But it does, dude. It's called Earth.

No, seriously, I haven't really seen anything strikingly out of the realm of possibilities in this series, to class it as otherworldly fiction... I have seen and read about way more outlandish things, around these parts...
What I meant is that this series' fictional world and characters are so well developed that I feel like I'm actually part of the scenery when I'm watching this marvelous series. It's that good!
Cirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 09:54   Link #517
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Oh, I lived in and visited cities exactly like the ones depicted in the series. Met my share of colorful characters just like those, as well. Personally, I found this little series' setting absolutely charming - and not only because I'm a brazillian, but because the care that went into it actually showed through.

The music helped, as well.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 15:50   Link #518
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
i must say overall im happy with the series. it was NOT a lot of things i wanted it to be, but in the end what it provided may be just as valuable.
completely non cliche mature characters all the way through, experimental storytelling, amazing soundtrack, yeah im happy.
This sums up my feelings on the show. I finally finished it after starting back when it aired(on-off manner) and I have to say that the ending was fantastic. Manglobe really knows how to nail endings. This was a great show on many levels. While it was very slow paced, it however did nail the emotional aspect and showed the development between the two amazingly well.

I am overall very impressed by the show even though it wasn't exactly to my tastes(in that I would have preferred a bit of a faster pace).
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.