AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-25, 19:29   Link #341
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Wait, KV? As in the KV-1 and KV-2? Or do you mean the AVT tanks?
KV-1. Probably the World of Tanks effect.

@LoweGear: Because we all know KV tanks are made of ridiculous and in the case of the KV-2, it's a moving fortress of death that is not even classed as a tank (at least until suddenly, 88s).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 22:22   Link #342
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Age: 20
At what point in the video is this alledged KV? I saw what looked like one, but on closer inspection was the typical T-28 style Medium tank.
__________________
Steam Quote of Win:
(In response to a very cracky pairing)
It's more plausible than Alicia/Heavy, at least.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 03:28   Link #343
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to kct
Look closely @1:43 in the video. The white tank is the alleged KV-1. Right down to the boxy turret.

I SERIOUSLY hope it will not go the way of the KV-2.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 03:50   Link #344
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere and nowhere at once
I'd actually be dissapointed if the Empire doesn't have a few KV-2 variants around, just because of their love of BIG GUNS.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 06:16   Link #345
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
@Red: Is your avatar pic Welks during that cutscene with the crying Valk?
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 10:28   Link #346
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
@Red: Is your avatar pic Welks during that cutscene with the crying Valk?
@Yezhanquan. I believe so. Been forever since I played VC1 - I just took Welkin and made my own version of the "Angry Face/Ubercharged" TF2 Avatars.

So, White Tank at 1:43, eh...? Well, let's see...

EDIT: Yeah, that's an Imperialized Kliment. That also looks very much so like the Ghost Tank's hull - so we've already seen the KV-2, and are now seeing the KV-1. Seems awful lot like trying to make a tank that can fit in the VC1 Imp Heavy's shoes without having to be multiturret, and frankly the KV fits that bill quite well.

Anyone who's played this: are we able to use captured enemy hulls and turrets or are we restricted to Gallian ones? Because the KV is one of my favorite RL tanks, behind the King Tiger and M-50 Super Sherman.
__________________
Steam Quote of Win:
(In response to a very cracky pairing)
It's more plausible than Alicia/Heavy, at least.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 06:36   Link #347
jwai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 28
Does the game ever mention whether Imca built her weapon herself, or whether she is technically minded like most Darcsens?
__________________
Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Last edited by jwai; 2011-05-01 at 07:07.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 15:35   Link #348
Snowman24
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
My guess is that some engineers developed it, but gave it to Imca because she's both a Darcsen and a 'nameless' soldier... both expendible. Since the weapon is probably unproven * otherwise alot more soldiers woulda had it in VC1 and VC2* they probably gave it to her to use or test out. With that many explosive shells and rockets, it's more likely to blow up the user than the enemy they probably think.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 05:19   Link #349
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
My take is that she build it herself. Her being a test subject just doesn't quite cut it as there was no one to collect data on her and the weapon. Everyone in Nameless eventually became comrades and who the heck wants to collect such data for the Gallian Army?
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 10:30   Link #350
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Hi, any chances that they're gonna show us the US version of these at this year's E3?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-06-02 at 08:54. Reason: UUghhh.... typo....
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 10:39   Link #351
Lt.Gunther
Entering Combat
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Hi, any chances that they're gonna us the US version of these at this year's E3?

I dont think the translation of the game is finished yet. but i heard some PSP games will be remastered for PS3 *cross fingers for VC3*

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...master_series/
Lt.Gunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 10:40   Link #352
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Hi, any chances that they're gonna us the US version of these at this year's E3?
There's a chance. I don't think it's a very big chance (), but I certainly think it's possible. ValkyriaTribune woke up a little in early/mid-May, but it's been quiet since.

As much as I want VC3, I continually get more and more pessimistic as time passes that we'll get it.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 18:45   Link #353
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
There's a chance. I don't think it's a very big chance (), but I certainly think it's possible. ValkyriaTribune woke up a little in early/mid-May, but it's been quiet since.

As much as I want VC3, I continually get more and more pessimistic as time passes that we'll get it.
Same here sadly
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 20:44   Link #354
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Gunther View Post
I dont think the translation of the game is finished yet. but i heard some PSP games will be remastered for PS3 *cross fingers for VC3*

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...master_series/
Please yes.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 33.0: 101st Airborne Division [Air Assault]. The "Screaming Eagles" Division.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 03:02   Link #355
kosmos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Gunther View Post
I dont think the translation of the game is finished yet.
or maybe started
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 11:16   Link #356
Sekirei07
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston
Age: 26
I would honestly think it would take longer to get all the voice actors settled first considering the huge cast, especially if trying to get characters from the previous games back.

Honestly they shouldn't waste time with the voice actors and just do subs like in the Yakuza series. Save money by not hiring voice actors + pleasing the US fans thus increasing sales = more profit.

Honestly I think a factor why VC2 didn't do as good as it should of in the US is because of the voice actors. These games and characters are just designed for the Japanese language and it sure is a language with more emotion and intensity in it (atleast I think so)
__________________
Pedo-Kuch approves
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 11:50   Link #357
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
I would honestly think it would take longer to get all the voice actors settled first considering the huge cast, especially if trying to get characters from the previous games back.

Honestly they shouldn't waste time with the voice actors and just do subs like in the Yakuza series. Save money by not hiring voice actors + pleasing the US fans thus increasing sales = more profit.

Honestly I think a factor why VC2 didn't do as good as it should of in the US is because of the voice actors. These games and characters are just designed for the Japanese language and it sure is a language with more emotion and intensity in it (atleast I think so)
Excuse me, what?

VC was popular in NA not only for it's unique gameplay but their English VAs as well. Their voice acting was excellent and i really felt their characters. And the idea that VC2 failed in sales due to their VA's is absurd rubbish.

If they do bring VC3 to NA, i'll be happy to know they include English VAs.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 13:46   Link #358
Sekirei07
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Excuse me, what?

VC was popular in NA not only for it's unique gameplay but their English VAs as well. Their voice acting was excellent and i really felt their characters. And the idea that VC2 failed in sales due to their VA's is absurd rubbish.

If they do bring VC3 to NA, i'll be happy to know they include English VAs.
VC lacked in sales until they had a price cut which raised it by 400%

You honestly liked the voice actors in VC2? They were terrible! Hearing Lotte say the line "Hey dude" to EVERY freaking sentence just about drove me insane. I am not talking about VC1 anyways because it had the option of changing to Japanese. I speak completely in the realm of VC2.

Besides isn't it disrespectful to the Japanese voice actors who spent the time and effort into doing those voices? They contribute to the game but don't get any recognition by having it completely removed from the game.

Actually that makes me wonder about sales, if the voice actors are removed do they not get any part of the sales for those games? I wonder if they just get paid outright and not anything from actual sales.

VC2 had some good voice actors, but it just felt like it didn't fit at times.

Hell I heard from a friend about how there was a hack out there to get the original Japanese voices into VC2 and Sony has recently stated that VC3 might not come because of slow sales and pirating problems. The whole issue of not including the original voice actors might be one of the reasons it may never come to the states.
__________________
Pedo-Kuch approves
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 21:25   Link #359
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
I refused to have the voices of VC2 on until I got the undub. That was my opinion on voice acting in the game. Besides, Noto Mamiko and Kawasumi Ayako trading barbs: priceless.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 11:34   Link #360
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
VC lacked in sales until they had a price cut which raised it by 400%

You honestly liked the voice actors in VC2? They were terrible! Hearing Lotte say the line "Hey dude" to EVERY freaking sentence just about drove me insane. I am not talking about VC1 anyways because it had the option of changing to Japanese. I speak completely in the realm of VC2.

Besides isn't it disrespectful to the Japanese voice actors who spent the time and effort into doing those voices? They contribute to the game but don't get any recognition by having it completely removed from the game.

Actually that makes me wonder about sales, if the voice actors are removed do they not get any part of the sales for those games? I wonder if they just get paid outright and not anything from actual sales.

VC2 had some good voice actors, but it just felt like it didn't fit at times.

Hell I heard from a friend about how there was a hack out there to get the original Japanese voices into VC2 and Sony has recently stated that VC3 might not come because of slow sales and pirating problems. The whole issue of not including the original voice actors might be one of the reasons it may never come to the states.
Do you really think they removed the Japanese voices coz they didn't like it? They removed it because there wasn't enough memory space for the UMD for both english and Japanese audio files and they chose the english audio to make it more accessible for new fans.(Honestly, do you think all video games fans are anime fans who prefer japanese voices? Not all of them, and remember, the NA version was being release for the English speaking market) And the only reason the Japanese voice hack for VC2 works is because it uses a Memory Stick which has a bigger memory space.

I have heard all of VC2 voices and all of them were not that that bad as you claim. The way you describe it reminds me of those old anime fans who insist "the original Japanese voice is the best and dubs sucks and ruin everything."

And also, don't listen to rumors about why VC3 will not come out in the US, until Sega of America (not Sony for your information) tells us more.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.