AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 14 (TRUE ROUTE) Rating
Perfect 10 31 36.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-26, 18:54   Link #41
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Akagi's homo RPG was hilarious. Kuroneko's speech had dying.

Her interactions with Kyousuke were great. I loled when he deduced not at all about how she feels about him.

So in he end she finally made a friend and its thanks to Kirino?
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 18:59   Link #42
Flower
Celestial operations....
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Dilapidated Astronomy Observatory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
...Perhaps that's sort of the point of this part of the story -- to realize the impact Kirino has had on everyone, despite her often-frustrating near-inexplicable overbearing ways. Despite all that happened in the plot to get us to this point, the "take-aways" have almost all been good for everyone... and even Kyousuke and Kuroneko hate to admit that point. (Even the ever-prideful Kuroneko was frustrated that she felt so strongly that she didn't want to lose to Kirino that she was willing to beg for Sena's help. She's definitely changed.)

I'm not sure what it all means yet... but I think it's probably important. (It's sort of like "the most important person in your life isn't your best friend, but your greatest rival/enemy".)
Well said ... for me I really liked how Kirino was portrayed (particularly in the True End route, which just made a whole lot more sense to me in terms of character continuity wise). How Kirino was from ep 11 to ep 12 true route was kinda touching for me, and in some ways made me like her character all the more.

But I must admit that the most entertaining interaction in the anime story line thus far has always been Kirino and Kuroneko. The two of them are an absolute riot together, not the least because they are cut from the same cloth in m any ways - because they are both strong and talented characters (I mean in terms of possessing amazing natural physical and/or intellectual abilities) they are perfect friends for each other imo....

This little story arc thus far is only emphasizing the impact Kirino has had on Kuroneko's life.
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 19:18   Link #43
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Agreed, she's vital to the story (I keep using the word "catalyst") because she evokes strong emotions in both the characters and the reader/viewer.

I definatly can't deny that.....as much as I want to...But I can't

It's kind of a paradox,I like every other character more than her but if she wasn't there those other characters wouldn't be so awesome.

Everyone has pretty much said what I wanted to say (and posted the screencap I want to take!) so I'll go into Kana-chan fanboy mode

Dear anime industry producers
As is seen here Hanazawa Kana isn't limited to a genki voice,please avoid typecasting her in these roles in the future.
Thanks
__________________

Last edited by totoum; 2011-04-27 at 06:26.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 19:37   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm sure she phrased it that way on purpose and that she was fully expecting him to misunderstand. She's not ready for a confession yet. The real confession shall be glorious. It'll probably take a while before it happens though.
Yeah figured it was that way. She should know Kyousuke pretty well and that saying it like that wouldn't really click in his head. Got to fool around a little without outright coming out and confessing at this point. A good way to check his reaction with that quick glance after she said that she liked him and then saving herself with the other line. Will definitely be a memorable moment when she really does confess.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 19:38   Link #45
Arkard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United States
Heh at Kuroneko taking Kirino's spot in the chair at the end of the opening.
__________________
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 19:56   Link #46
liquidmetal
procrastinating...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Sena's game was interesting lol. Need more of her antics.

As everyone else has pointed out already Kuroneko = win
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 20:31   Link #47
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx View Post
Agreed, she's vital to the story (I keep using the word "catalyst") because she evokes strong emotions in both the characters and the reader/viewer.
Strong emotions? You mean "hate" ? Because that's the only thing I can recall she's ever made me feel as a viewer. W/o any bias, I concur about her role in the lives of the other characters. However, to me, she was merely a common thread that brought them together. It's not really any different from how eroge games was the thread that brought Kirikyo together. I don't feel that she's some grand influential char that changed the determination of everyone aside from Kuro. I think Kyosuke could have done the same thing, under similar circumstances. It's just that since Kirino has developed Kuro already, he has no need for action. The way he was watching over her these last two episodes is proof of that for me. Then again, I AM a fervent Kirino-hater, so take what I say with a grain of salt =0\.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 20:54   Link #48
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
All that talk about masturbation, slaves, assfuck and arm shoved up a homos ass and no Saori around for it?
Cool episode, with much HHHHNNNGHH, but it just lacked that certain something
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 21:03   Link #49
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
As said, i trade any girl in the series for a Kuroneko only episode, well Sena was in it too, not that i mind about it. And the title exactly fits the episode well... especially during Kuroneko x Kyousuke scene on Kyousuke's room. Being invited to be next to Kuroneko on the bed.. i could only wish if its me being in the room instead of Kyousuke at that time. I would be a happy guy, to be beside Kuroneko... and to be treated like a slave? I srsly don't mind if its Kuroneko. I would rub and massage that leg of her anytime anyday shiawase desu~.
Reading this while I haven't even seen the episode... I CAME.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 21:13   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Strong emotions? You mean "hate" ? Because that's the only thing I can recall she's ever made me feel as a viewer. W/o any bias, I concur about her role in the lives of the other characters. However, to me, she was merely a common thread that brought them together. It's not really any different from how eroge games was the thread that brought Kirikyo together. I don't feel that she's some grand influential char that changed the determination of everyone aside from Kuro. I think Kyosuke could have done the same thing, under similar circumstances. It's just that since Kirino has developed Kuro already, he has no need for action. The way he was watching over her these last two episodes is proof of that for me. Then again, I AM a fervent Kirino-hater, so take what I say with a grain of salt =0\.
If you feel strongly, the author has done their job whether your strong emotion is hate or love or anything else.

And *Kyou* would have met NONE of these people (including the special Kuroneko) without Kirino having drug him into her secret world. That's what "catalyst" means. As it is, without Kirino's revectoring of Kyou's life, he'd probably quietly ended up with Manami out of sheer inertia. As it looks... apparently Kuroneko fans are in for lots more "goth kitty".
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:00   Link #51
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Man what the fuck is wrong with this series?

How do you do this much good character development in two episodes with a 'support' character when the initial series couldn't be assed out to do it in twelve with its main bitch of a character? It hurts my head to acknowledge the fact that I greatly dislike Kirino's character and still accept the development she brought about for everyone else by being just that.

In a way it's a giant gimmick. 'Oh well my series has a main character that ends up causing great character development for all of the characters around her, just like most other shows out there, except my main character is a giant, spoiled assed super bitch.

BRILLIANT.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:21   Link #52
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx View Post
If you feel strongly, the author has done their job whether your strong emotion is hate or love or anything else.

And *Kyou* would have met NONE of these people (including the special Kuroneko) without Kirino having drug him into her secret world. That's what "catalyst" means. As it is, without Kirino's revectoring of Kyou's life, he'd probably quietly ended up with Manami out of sheer inertia. As it looks... apparently Kuroneko fans are in for lots more "goth kitty".
I disagree. I wouldn't believe that the creator's intent was to make Kirino someone the viewer loathes so much. I'm sure somewhere during the story, you are supposed to emphasize with Kirino and her behavior. However, it's that very behavior doesn't allow me to do so. Her fanfare is so loud, its hard to focus on anything else. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say her actions nearly caused me to drop this anime. I assume what has kept a number of people around is the OTHER characters. I doubt the author wanted me to hate the char so bad, that I'd stop watching the show.

For example, Toradora's Taiga. I did indeed dislike her char for a number of episodes, but I could see other aspects of her char that made me come to accept, and eventually, like her. Unfortunately, I don't see anything in Kirino I like. Maybe there was something, but that 'something' is probably buried under piles of horrible, unbearable memories of her. Being the big initial trigger to create the chain of events in the anime does not excuse her horrible character.

I will say one thing though, the feeling I get now that she's gone is GREAT! If THAT was the author's intention, to feel the relief of her absence, s/he's done an excellent job .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:22   Link #53
Maugomale
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
The amount of Kirino haters the series has spawned is alarming. Makes me wonder if there's anyone who can actually interpret and understand a character's actions and behavior and ponder on them instead of pointing fingers and calling names in blind ignorance.
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:22   Link #54
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Another enjoyable episode. Really, Kirino's disappearance has truly let the cast breath, allowing for much better development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Perhaps that's sort of the point of this part of the story -- to realize the impact Kirino has had on everyone, despite her often-frustrating near-inexplicable overbearing ways.
I'm willing to admit that most of the sides characters and Kyousuke would not have been able to come to this point without Kirino. However, the way we were brought to this point in the story is very jarring to say the least.

Is our focal character supposed to be some sort of plot device or is the character someone we ultimately can say we enjoyed watching on screen?

Despite me claiming so though, development of characters was almost nonexistent after episode 6. Kuroneko was the only saving grace of any of these episodes, but it almost seemed like the entire cast was hit with a humongous stupid stick after episode 6 and seemed to only regain composure after her disappearance.

It's fine to be a plot device, but once the character stops acting as a plot device, things can get sour extremely fast, and that is why I feel she ultimately received the scorn of many people.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
The amount of Kirino haters the series has spawned is alarming. Makes me wonder if there's anyone who can actually interpret a character's actions and behavior instead of pointing fingers and calling names in blind ignorance.
It's fine to disagree, but please don't insinuate such things about us. My hatred for Kirino I've justified over and over again.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:35   Link #55
Maugomale
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It's fine to disagree, but please don't insinuate such things about us. My hatred for Kirino I've justified over and over again.
Oh really? Most of what I see here (and many other places, sadly) is just blind bashing at a character people barely make any sense of
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:39   Link #56
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
The amount of Kirino haters the series has spawned is alarming. Makes me wonder if there's anyone who can actually interpret and understand a character's actions and behavior and ponder on them instead of pointing fingers and calling names in blind ignorance.
Dude, I'll admit she's grown and that shell of hers has cracked ever so slightly and all that but that doesn't keep her from being a bitch.

Doesn't it bother you that the other characters are genuinely more interesting then her? There's a literal (irrefutable) imbalance to her character that causes people to migrate to any other character that doesn't bother them / annoy them so much. This is why we're in sheer bliss at having two episodes completely void of her and marveling at how much we're getting out of everyone else. Think about that, what other show just decides to do away with its main character to develop all its other characters that are apparently only actually developing further because of their relationship with the MAIN CHARACTER THAT ISN'T THERE.

I've seen more emotion and maturity out of Kuroneko in two minutes of this episode then the entirety of the initial first twelve episodes and Kirino.

I mean I don't even want Kirino to change because she just wouldn't be Kirino. She's a character that can't express herself for shit, is tsundere with an almost non existent -dere side, and is horribly spoiled. Sure she may work hard and all that but the show does a horrible job in showing that, and really just because all of this is what defines her doesn't mean we have to like her in the slightest.

Again I will acknowledge that she's vital to the series as a plot device but that's about it.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2011-04-27 at 00:19.
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:54   Link #57
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Best of Shittiest game, I LoL'd at that ending.

Is the next episode really the last?
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:55   Link #58
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Doesn't it bother you that the other characters are genuinely more interesting then her?
It doesn't bother me, since I see her as a genuinely interesting character in her own way, even if she doesn't appeal to me as much as Kuroneko does. Besides, I'm honestly quite interested in why you think she's imbalanced (or a bitch), because she's no worse than most tsunderes out there, and tsundere is far from the entirety of her character either, even in the anime.

Well, to be honest, as someone who does like Kirino quite a bit, it's kind of annoying to me to see all the Kirino bash, especially since a lot of the posts seem to be made for the sole purpose of bashing (on an episode review to boot). I can't stop other people from having opinions and being vocal about them, but just saying.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:59   Link #59
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I do find it interesting that Kirino haters didn't sky-rocket until Ruri made her debut in the series. It's pretty common for fans to put down a "competing" character of their favorite character.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 23:00   Link #60
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I've seen more emotion and maturity out of Kuroneko in two minutes of this episode then the entirety of the initial first twelve episodes and Kirino.

I mean I don't even want Kirino to change because she just wouldn't be Kirino. She's a character that can't express herself for shit, is tsundere with an almost non existent -dere side, and is horribly spoiled. Sure she may work hard and all that but the show does a horrible job in showing that, and really just because all of this is what defines her doesn't mean we have to like her in the slightest.

Again I will acknowledge that she's vital to the series as a plot device but that's about it.
Indeed, when you have a character that is shown to actually have depth, meaning that her actions aren't simply confined to generic pandering garbage, and manages to be incredibly charming and witty, it does tend to look like heaven (Kuroneko) and hell (Kirino).

Kuroneko is a flawed character no less but displays maturity and grace, something characters can learn from. She's really the one we didn't realize was so cute at first.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.