AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-27, 01:44   Link #8041
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Just skimmed through 318.

It was another super-meh chapter.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 04:18   Link #8042
Dorfl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
Dunno about you, but Creepy Armageddon made me titter helplessly. I knew it would be something like that, but I still lol'ed.

I hope Wataru and Saki don't show up again for a while, though.
__________________
Dorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:02   Link #8043
madmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
It wasn't a very funny chapter aside from the Fumi/Tama/Evil Dog bits, but holy crap plot movement. I figured this was leading somewhere but I didn't think Wataru's mini-harem was going to get resolved just like that.

Dropping out of High School too...I can see the logic of it, but that's a surprising move for a shonen series.

Quote:
I hope Wataru and Saki don't show up again for a while, though.
Probably not for a good while unless his new business overlaps with Nagi's doujinshi ambitions, which it probably will. At least if they do show up again it should be more laughs and less plot grinding, since his character development cycle is almost complete now.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:54   Link #8044
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
I dunno but Wataru is actually a really cool character, I really like him a lot. With that said can we please reach those color pages from a while back already?
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 12:22   Link #8045
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Armegeddon had me rolling.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 13:24   Link #8046
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I dunno but Wataru is actually a really cool character, I really like him a lot. With that said can we please reach those color pages from a while back already?
well at least someone relationship is moving forward.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 16:40   Link #8047
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So Wataru decided to give up on Isumi? I'm a bit bummed about that. Even though he had less chemistry with her than with Saki or Sakuya. Don't know why.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 16:43   Link #8048
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
I like 318, if purely because of the Tama and Armageddon scene.

Wataru's lines were pretty cool, too : )
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 16:46   Link #8049
madmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
So Wataru decided to give up on Isumi? I'm a bit bummed about that. Even though he had less chemistry with her than with Saki or Sakuya. Don't know why.
I'm slightly bummed too, I think because I like Isumi the best out of the three even though they were never really even sort of a couple and it was becoming increasingly obvious he was going to go with Saki anyway. At least Isumi got to be pretty cool at the end of it all. Then again, I don't think she ever cared much to begin with.

I could see Sakuya ending up with Machina somehow but I don't think there's anyone for Isumi, sadly. Oh well...

(Wataru was still pretty cool this chapter and I don't have a problem with him being with Saki*. Just saying.)

*Well, ok. The age difference does bother me a little, but I don't think we'll ever see Wataru old enough to see it get really weird.

Last edited by madmac; 2011-04-27 at 17:16.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 16:52   Link #8050
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hayate will build a harem, and Isumi will be part of it! It's the only way!
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:21   Link #8051
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Honestly, there hasn't been much romance with Isumi anyway. Sakuya and Saki and have had more interactions with Wataru than Isumi.

Isumi used to be one of Hayate's harem at the very beginning, but now her affection for him is less apparent and she's mostly played as the eccentric lone wolf.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:29   Link #8052
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
no no no no Sakuya x Wataru was my OTP!! She cant go down yet!
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:35   Link #8053
madmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Honestly, there hasn't been much romance with Isumi anyway. Sakuya and Saki and have had more interactions with Wataru than Isumi.

Isumi used to be one of Hayate's harem at the very beginning, but now her affection for him is less apparent and she's mostly played as the eccentric lone wolf.
This is completely true of course, which is why I don't predict any romance in Isumi's future either. I just had a bit of residual fondness for the pairing from the beginning of the manga is all.

Honestly, I don't expect romance for most of the cast if only because of the huge disparity in the number of Male/Female characters. Still, Hata did say this week that many characters would undergo changes over the summer, so I'm curious to see who else he's willing to pair off in the near future. (Or what other changes he has in mind for them.)
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:55   Link #8054
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Honestly, there hasn't been much romance with Isumi anyway.
She's never looked at him in any kind of romantic light. But he liked her. I'm a bit disappointed he gave up like that.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 22:28   Link #8055
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's never looked at him in any kind of romantic light. But he liked her. I'm a bit disappointed he gave up like that.
Wataru officially gave up with the current chapter. However, he stopped trying for quite a while now. There are more chapters dealing with his friendship with Sakuya and misadventures with Saki than his love triangle with Hayate and Isumi.

Which brings me to my next point. Even Isumi hasn't had a romantic interest lately. While she did like Hayate in the early chapters, her current role as the eccentric exorcist leaves her as a one-man act. The love triangle between Wataru, Isumi, and Hayate broke down a long time ago.


Anyway, the more important issue isn't Wataru's love interest, but that he also has one of the (cursed) jewels that makes him a candidate for the Sazenin inheritance. He'll be at odds with Nagi again in the future on less comedic grounds.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2011-04-28 at 06:21.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 22:37   Link #8056
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post


Anyway, the more important issue isn't Wataru's love interest, but that he also has one of the (cursed) jewels that makes him a candidate for the Sazenin inheritance. He'll be at odds with Nagi again in the future on less comedic grounds.
a duel with Hayate for the Rose Bride behind the school?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 00:10   Link #8057
madmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Anyway, the more important issue isn't Wataru's love interest, but that he also has one of the (cursed) jewels that makes him a candidate for the Sazenin inheritance. He'll be at odds with Nagi again in the future on less comedic grounds.
That's an interesting thought. Neither of them are currently interested in the inheritance, though. I pretty much expect him to get involved in the dojinshi arc, however. It wasn't a coincidence that he showed up at the first con.

To be honest, I'm not sure what Hata is building up to at the moment. He keeps jumping between characters to build them all up towards something, but hell if I know what the end result is going to be.

I'm guessing though that the major players for the summer arc, or dojinshi arc or whatever you want to call it will be Nagi, Hayate, Maria (She'll be around at least) Luca, Ayumu, Yozora, Chiharu, Wataru, Kaoru-sensei, Yukiji, Ashibashi-sensei, and maybe that Azu twerp, because they're the characters who seem to be getting story development at the moment. I also expect Kotetsu will keep showing up uninvited, because he's been doing it an awfully lot lately and there's no reason to stop now.

Alice is a question mark, because it's not clear if Hata tossed her in now so he can use her eventually or if he actually has any short term plans for her. Sakuya and Isumi have been almost completely left out, and really they don't have any loose ends that need to be tied up or anything. Hina has had almost no plot involvement other then steady reminders that YES she still has a crush on Hayate and is grumpy about it. Maybe it'll finally go somewhere as part of the changes Hata has been going on about, but I doubt it.

There's that Maizumi guy as well, but meh, I'm not going to speculate about him until he actually does something. You also have Athena's warning to Hayate, but ehhhh... I dunno if that's going to come up again anytime soon enough to be worried about.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 06:08   Link #8058
mitsuganae
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
. . . but holy crap plot movement.
About bloody time too. I don't find the shipping business particularly interesting, but I do hope the reminder of Wataru's stone signals that more of the central mystery will be revealed before too long. Then again, given Hata's tendency to advance plot in spasms separated by considerable periods of near-stasis, I guess one shouldn't be too hopeful.

Edit: The scatological connoisseur in me wishes you had switched around plot and crap.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2011-04-28 at 09:19.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 12:34   Link #8059
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's never looked at him in any kind of romantic light. But he liked her. I'm a bit disappointed he gave up like that.
I think he just has a crush on Isumi, but deep down he cares about Saki more. Remember the chapter that he bought an expensive kimono, and has to make a choice as to whom he will gift it to? He chose Saki in the end.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 00:05   Link #8060
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I wonder if Wataru originally received a stone from Mikado as a result of the engagement with Nagi.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.