AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-28, 08:59   Link #81
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 23
Minami is now 1 step closer to managing the whole school... and then, THE WORLD.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 14:32   Link #82
Meatrose
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Area 11
Age: 32
Just watched the second episode and when Ayano cried in the hospital I thought "damn, that's a really poor VA performance". Then I looked her up, found out that it's her first gig and now I feel somewhat bad. ^^;

Anyhow, it's really refreshing to see a show with this kind of release schedule. I always thought that one episode per week is not often enough. 2-3 episodes every week would be the ideal pace if you ask me but this is truly a breath of fresh air.
__________________
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 14:56   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Speaking of Ayano, am I the only one who wants to strangle her whenever she says "Eh, ah, hai"?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 15:06   Link #84
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Spoiler for ep 3:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 15:12   Link #85
Greenish Growth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Did anyone notice that around the eleven minute mark of episode 3 that Ayano's stockings disappeared?

They show her with stockings going past her knees and then in the next scene it appears as though she's not wearing any.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 15:16   Link #86
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Speaking of Ayano, am I the only one who wants to strangle her whenever she says "Eh, ah, hai"?
No, I'm starting to get incredibly irritated by it aswell, although she did come through in Episode 3. Well I managed to sit through the whole of Episode 3 without taking a break and finding something more interesting to do so that's an improvement but I'm almost entirely convinced this series is going to feel incredibly flat all throughout. There's just something seriously wrong with the directing. But I suppose that's the advatange of watching an anime that's airing. Once a week is okay. I don't think I've would've lasted long if I tried to marathon this. As for the episode it was rather okay. Not much to say. Except I was kinda rolling my eyes at the end when every other club starting asking for help. And I'm kinda confused at the girl, freckles was with. Who on earth is she? Didn't really give much on her.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 15:52   Link #87
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Speaking of Ayano, am I the only one who wants to strangle her whenever she says "Eh, ah, hai"?
The line forms behind me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 17:00   Link #88
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No, I'm starting to get incredibly irritated by it aswell, although she did come through in Episode 3. Well I managed to sit through the whole of Episode 3 without taking a break and finding something more interesting to do so that's an improvement but I'm almost entirely convinced this series is going to feel incredibly flat all throughout. There's just something seriously wrong with the directing. But I suppose that's the advatange of watching an anime that's airing. Once a week is okay. I don't think I've would've lasted long if I tried to marathon this. As for the episode it was rather okay. Not much to say. Except I was kinda rolling my eyes at the end when every other club starting asking for help. And I'm kinda confused at the girl, freckles was with. Who on earth is she? Didn't really give much on her.
Too bad this series airs once per day .. Which you should be aware of if you've watched till episode 3.

But seriously, I was going to ask the exact same question that Anh_Minh did. It's getting so irritating that just .. ARGH. And on top of it. like said, the series is ... well flat, boring so I find myself putting it on a pause as well and finding something better to do.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 17:02   Link #89
ipodi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well I managed to sit through the whole of Episode 3 without taking a break and finding something more interesting to do so that's an improvement but I'm almost entirely convinced this series is going to feel incredibly flat all throughout.
As it should be-- managing an organization to success is an arduous and serious work. The end results will yield increased productivity and profits but not tears or romances. I certainly hope this series will steer clear of teenage drama or romance and concentrate on its target audience-- adult viewers who have experienced or are interested in managerial processes.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 18:52   Link #90
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Unless there's a dating service club among the clubs Minami's been asked to manage. Then all bets are off.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 20:39   Link #91
ipodi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Unless there's a dating service club among the clubs Minami's been asked to manage. Then all bets are off.
Well, there are ways to make profits and "increase the productivity" of the workers in such venture as well


EP4 is a home run for me. It defines innovation not as new technology but as disruptive forces that will fundamentally challenge how we do things (creative destruction?). Has anyone ever read Moneyball? It chronicles how A's manager Billy Beane uses statistics to evaluate players instead of the traditional scouting or "just watch the game" method. His success has fundamentally changed scouting and promoted a new breed of baseball managers.

Contrast that with "innovations" made by banks over the last 20 years. They mastered ways to hide risk and sell loans to other financial institutions. As Drucker said in his book, innovation is about making social impacts. Well, rebranding risky assets as safe ones increased profits for the banks but ultimately destroyed the entire economy. Many people have begun to question these "financial wizardry" and are proposing laws to curb them. In short, banks did not make any real innovations.

Great episode.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 05:44   Link #92
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Too bad this series airs once per day .. Which you should be aware of if you've watched till episode 3.
Oh and here I thought it was just slow fansubbing. Well once a day should be manageable aswell...I think...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 07:30   Link #93
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Eps 4 is just great, n just define what you want to found in this anime.
The interaction between the manager is just money for me.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 12:45   Link #94
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Spoiler for ep 4:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 14:54   Link #95
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
First show I drop this season, the premise is not to my tastes, and all these management crap reminds me how easily you can screw up when abiding blindly to generic principles, instead of being flexible and realistic... Give me a break, for the team to able to advance, a whole school has to work for them... and it's depressing when you realize how prevalent this is today.

Oh! and that episode per weekday was killing me
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 15:43   Link #96
ipodi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
First show I drop this season, the premise is not to my tastes, and all these management crap reminds me how easily you can screw up when abiding blindly to generic principles, instead of being flexible and realistic... Give me a break, for the team to able to advance, a whole school has to work for them... and it's depressing when you realize how prevalent this is today.
I hope everyone will "abide blindly" to "generic principles" of leading with integrity and clear communication. We really shouldn't be "flexible" with integrity, should we?
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 17:04   Link #97
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
^^ Dunno mate, my point of view; I am willing to discuss it, if you bother giving an argument

Still... daily promoting for half a month common sense as the management bible does not make an exciting show, whether you agree or not with its (ideas|ideals)

But I stay firm in finding depressing, that the solution to the worthlessness of that baseball team, is to have everyone else to help them out
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 17:12   Link #98
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Another aspect of management this anime is showing us is "leading from below." The student manager has no authority. That belongs to the coach. Minami has to figure out not only what should be done, but how to get people to do it when she has no real way of forcing them to.
This is what we call "modern project manager hell" .... Project managers *used* to own their assets for the duration of the project. But after the "matrix management turf wars" the old department hierarchy re-asserted itself and these days a project manager is a glorified whining pleading secretary GANTT-chart maker who gets hung when things don't happen.
(all the responsibility, none of the authority)

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-04-29 at 17:32.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 17:30   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^^ Dunno mate, my point of view; I am willing to discuss it, if you bother giving an argument

Still... daily promoting for half a month common sense as the management bible does not make an exciting show, whether you agree or not with its (ideas|ideals)

But I stay firm in finding depressing, that the solution to the worthlessness of that baseball team, is to have everyone else to help them out
Why? I found it interesting to have different clubs cooperating. Nice for the school spirit. Interesting synergies. Though I didn't really get the connection between pitching and judo.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 18:24   Link #100
ipodi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^^ Dunno mate, my point of view; I am willing to discuss it, if you bother giving an argument

Still... daily promoting for half a month common sense as the management bible does not make an exciting show, whether you agree or not with its (ideas|ideals)

But I stay firm in finding depressing, that the solution to the worthlessness of that baseball team, is to have everyone else to help them out
I find it difficult to argue over whether integrity is fundamental to successful management considering that you did not offer any supporting evidence that it should not be. If you have refreshing perspective on why lying and deceit should be used in top management, or that integrity could actually cripple an organization, then I'd like to hear it and we would have something to go on.

And the claim that you find the concept that organizations cannot achieve success without inputs and help from interested stakeholders to be "worthless", and that such act of cooperation is "depressing," is nothing short of bewildering.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baseball, drama, production i.g.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.