AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-28, 22:26   Link #10001
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Academy City
Heard of the guy who get struck by lightning seven times and still lives?

Check out his seventh time:
On Saturday morning, June 25, 1977, Sullivan was fishing in a freshwater pool when he was struck the seventh time. The lightning hit the top of his head, singeing his hair, and traveled down burning his chest and stomach. Sullivan turned to his car and then another unexpected thing happened—a bear appeared and tried to steal trout from his fishing line. Sullivan had the strength and courage to strike the bear with a tree branch. He claimed that this was the twenty-second time he hit a bear with a stick in his lifetime.
__________________
Level 5 in Black
IppoTsuko is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:26   Link #10002
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Still applies. That first hit against the water would have resulted in all of Touma's velocity being thrown back in his face.

WOOT!: Post #10,000.
Noooooo


I think ur assuming he lands on his face
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:27   Link #10003
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
Heard of the guy who get struck by lightning seven times and still lives?

Check out his seventh time:
On Saturday morning, June 25, 1977, Sullivan was fishing in a freshwater pool when he was struck the seventh time. The lightning hit the top of his head, singeing his hair, and traveled down burning his chest and stomach. Sullivan turned to his car and then another unexpected thing happened—a bear appeared and tried to steal trout from his fishing line. Sullivan had the strength and courage to strike the bear with a tree branch. He claimed that this was the twenty-second time he hit a bear with a stick in his lifetime.
Ever hear of flash over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Victory is mine!

Quote:
I think ur assuming he lands on his face
You get the point.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:32   Link #10004
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Mike Tyson is a monster,

but acqua threw touma

More ilke hit him with a mace as big as telephone pole... really touma your plot armor rival that of sasuke.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:40   Link #10005
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You do realize that this the result of being shot at very precise angles that cause the bullet(s) to bounce off the skull, right? And when people are shot in the head and live, it's usually in the jaw.
And, as inconsiderate as it sounds to say this, none of those are actually fatal. The mind and body are amazing things, but they have limits.
Funny thing is that there are people out who survived days with a knive in their brain .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
More ilke hit him with a mace as big as telephone pole... really touma your plot armor rival that of sasuke.
Thats a exaggerated one, Sasuke gets power ups from his ass whenever the author wants without giving a damn reason.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:41   Link #10006
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Is this all that necessary to argue over. I mean people surviving has been done in many shows before and I still stand by my claim that he has a god in him and is like naruto with the healing powers. Growing an arm out of nowhere like piccolo proves this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
More ilke hit him with a mace as big as telephone pole... really touma your plot armor rival that of sasuke.
Oh phib, how dare u compare touma to sasuke.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:42   Link #10007
Sandinwater
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 18
Anybody here got a 360, live, and black ops?
__________________
The world is not enough...
Sandinwater is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:42   Link #10008
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Funny thing is that there are people out who survived days with a knive in their brain .
There's also a guy who had a steel rod go through his brain. He wasn't the same though: It gave him a lobotomy. A knife in the brain will permanently damage something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Is this all that necessary to argue over. I mean people surviving has been done in many shows before and I still stand by my claim that he has a god in him and is like naruto with the healing powers. Growing an arm out of nowhere like piccolo proves this.
Only after Imagine Breaker was severed from him. It wasn't severed when Acqua tossed him like a sack of potatos, hence no healing aid.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:43   Link #10009
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Growing an arm out of nowhere like piccolo proves this.
Unless Touma is an alien :O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
There's also a guy who had a steel rod go through his brain. He wasn't the same though: It gave him a lobotomy. A knife in the brain will permanently damage something.
It depends the area I'm sure but the case I'm talking about is that there was no change.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:48   Link #10010
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
I think after Russia we can all safely say that Touma's body isn't normal. Both Accelerator and Lessar were confounded by how he survived all of the Black Wing attacks including the wall of rock. We can be poetic and say it's willpower, but I don't think it's just that anymore. But if you think about it, if this person really holds more power than Michael, then his body has to be something else altogether.

Of course the answer could be as simple as Heaven Canceller injected him some of the good old Dark Legacy...
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:49   Link #10011
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think after Russia we can all safely say that Touma's body isn't normal. Both Accelerator and Lessar were confounded by how he survived all of the Black Wing attacks including the wall of rock. We can be poetic and say it's willpower, but I don't think it's just that anymore
We're not talking about Touma post-Russia.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:51   Link #10012
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
We're not talking about Touma post-Russia.
Well it's still the same body isn't it ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:52   Link #10013
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well it's still the same body isn't it ?
That's debatable.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:54   Link #10014
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
I wonder who will get post #10032.
ellifeedn is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:57   Link #10015
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That's debatable.
U saying he never had that? It been implied there were others like him iirc.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 22:58   Link #10016
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
Anybody here got a 360, live, and black ops?
Yes but black ops has bored the shit outta me. I'm awaiting skyrim.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 23:00   Link #10017
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
When I said after Russia, I meant after seeing the events of the Russian arc.

Even ignoring the part about the sliced arm, in the second Accelerator fight it was repeating mentioned that he shouldn't survive even the weakest of those attacks.

But who knows? Maybe God is really out to make him suffer so he gave him a body that would prolong the suffering and an iron will to take it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 23:02   Link #10018
Sandinwater
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Yes but black ops has bored the shit outta me. I'm awaiting skyrim.
You should add me, same name I got on here.
__________________
The world is not enough...
Sandinwater is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 23:08   Link #10019
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
You should add me, same name I got on here.
When I get live again. Nothing worth paying live for at the moments
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-28, 23:09   Link #10020
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Ever hear of flash over?
Nope, what about it?
__________________
Level 5 in Black
IppoTsuko is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.