AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-29, 03:31   Link #2041
uranium235
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
^_^
as for as I know. I think this is official one.
next year is 30 years Anniversary. there must be a movie or sth come up. hope new MF coming.

I love A&S love story.
__________________

Macross 2012 30th
uranium235 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 04:20   Link #2042
dreamhunter707
the mask
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poland
Age: 25
Do you know anything about what is written on this page: http://www.ftama.com/plusfrontier/illust.html ???
Those illustrations will be only for people who are in fun club or sth like that?

Anyway I'm really curious about Alto as king and Sheryl as Queen... now it looks terrible for me XDDD... but let's wait for bigger size :P

edit: ok, I found what's that: http://www.ftama.com/shop/limited/04.html
dreamhunter707 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 06:03   Link #2043
uranium235
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
poker card。!!!!

who want to use that!!!! I will put it on my bookshelf ^_^
__________________

Macross 2012 30th
uranium235 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 06:09   Link #2044
KaoruLia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Happy birthday Ranka!! (I just realized I share the same birthday as her XD)

KaoruLia is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 06:10   Link #2045
uranium235
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Happy birthday Ranka!! (I just realized I share the same birthday as her XD)

happy birthday to you !!!!!!
__________________

Macross 2012 30th
uranium235 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 07:46   Link #2046
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium235 View Post
^_^
as for as I know. I think this is official one.
Not really...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1213

Sorry.
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 08:50   Link #2047
uranium235
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
*_* Now I'm lost.....
__________________

Macross 2012 30th
uranium235 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 09:07   Link #2048
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium235 View Post
*_* Now I'm lost.....
Believe me, you're not the only one. As I said before, I find those little "disclaimers" to be absolutely infuriating...not least because all the technical data was written by Masahiro Chiba, and since he did the background mechanical theorizing for the original series, his word really SHOULD be law here...
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 09:35   Link #2049
uranium235
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
what a sad news for me.. : (
__________________

Macross 2012 30th
uranium235 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 09:47   Link #2050
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium235 View Post
what a sad news for me.. : (
Me, I just marvel at the way they seem to continually give AruSheri fans almost exactly what they want to hear, but never quite manage to push it all the way.

There's a certain artfulness to it, I suppose.
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 09:49   Link #2051
uranium235
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
I just feel like eat a cheese cake with a fly in it................
suck
__________________

Macross 2012 30th
uranium235 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 09:51   Link #2052
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
There's a certain artfulness to it, I suppose.
If by "artfulness" you mean that "they are good at trolling", I just might agree with you.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 09:57   Link #2053
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium235 View Post
I just feel like eat a cheese cake with a fly in it................
suck
Hmmm...that's going a little far, isn't it? After all, yesterday, you didn't even know this story existed, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
If by "artfulness" you mean that "they are good at trolling", I just might agree with you.
From knowyourmeme.com:

A troll is someone who will state something only with the intention of stirring up controversy. Typically the statement is so absurd that only the most noobish of noobs will get offended and respond.
For example, one might purposefuly spel things wrong or use poor grammar, knowing that this will drive some people crazy, eliciting a response.
A more advanced troll might even spell things wrong in a post criticizing the spelling in someone else’s post, hoping to elicit an angry counter-reaction. Numerous forums and Usenet boards are dedicated to the fine art of what the NYTimes called “manipulating other people’s emotional equilibrium” [trying to remember for sure if they should get the credit]
Trolling can be considered a form of cyberbullying and in video game circles the practice is often called “griefing”.


I still fail to see how ANYTHING in Frontier is "trolling." But we've had this discussion before.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-04-29 at 12:06. Reason: Edit button, edit button...
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 10:06   Link #2054
uranium235
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
OK.... I'm too emotional...

but still feel bad. what a nice story... but but. : (
__________________

Macross 2012 30th
uranium235 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 10:08   Link #2055
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: back in the land down under...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Me, I just marvel at the way they seem to continually give AruSheri fans almost exactly what they want to hear, but never quite manage to push it all the way.

There's a certain artfulness to it, I suppose.
I suppose it also depends on what kind of fandom they might want to foster...? Given the extremely creative doujinshi tradition in Japan, perhaps they're just leaving it as open as possible for that...

I know that some fans of a certain British phenomenon would prefer that creator to have said LESS about what happened to her characters after the end of the series...

Personally though, at the very least, I'd like to have a certain character's return confirmed for good (or otherwise...)...
__________________

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.


"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes


karice's random translations (interviews, audio commentaries, manga, radio shows etc etc)

karice67 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 10:11   Link #2056
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
From knowyourmeme.com:

A troll is someone who will state something only with the intention of stirring up controversy. Typically the statement is so absurd that only the most noobish of noobs will get offended and respond.
For example, one might purposefuly spel things wrong or use poor grammar, knowing that this will drive some people crazy, eliciting a response.
A more advanced troll might even spell things wrong in a post criticizing the spelling in someone else’s post, hoping to elicit an angry counter-reaction. Numerous forums and Usenet boards are dedicated to the fine art of what the NYTimes called “manipulating other people’s emotional equilibrium” [trying to remember for sure if they should get the credit]
Trolling can be considered a form of cyberbullying and in video game circles the practice is often called “griefing”.


I still fail to see how ANYTHING in Frontier is "trolling." But we've had this discussion before.
I tend to go, generally, for the "fine art of what the NYTimes called 'manipulating other people’s emotional equilibrium'” vibe, when I refer to trolling, myself. Your mileage may vary, tho.

Thank you for shooting your own foot, Gubaba.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 10:15   Link #2057
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: back in the land down under...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I tend to go, generally, for the "fine art of what the NYTimes called 'manipulating other people’s emotional equilibrium'” vibe, when I refer to trolling, myself.
Hm...I dunno. After the rewatch and movies, I feel like I understand a lot more about what they did...and I'd say that they weren't doing that.

They just want fans to be a bit more observant, reading between the lines and all that.
__________________

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.


"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes


karice's random translations (interviews, audio commentaries, manga, radio shows etc etc)

karice67 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 10:20   Link #2058
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I tend to go, generally, for the "fine art of what the NYTimes called 'manipulating other people’s emotional equilibrium'” vibe, when I refer to trolling, myself. Your mileage may vary, tho.

Thank you for shooting your own foot, Gubaba.
Would you agree that ALL good storytelling "manipulates people's emotional equilibrium"?
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 10:22   Link #2059
uranium235
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Would you agree that ALL good storytelling "manipulates people's emotional equilibrium"?
I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

Macross 2012 30th
uranium235 is offline  
Old 2011-04-29, 10:22   Link #2060
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Hm...I dunno. After the rewatch and movies, I feel like I understand a lot more about what they did...and I'd say that they weren't doing that.

They just want fans to be a bit more observant, reading between the lines and all that.
Hey, I'm only half-joking, here.
I absolutely love the ending of the second movie, by what you guys have shared with us poor japanese-challenged people. And I didn't really mind the end of the TV series all that much, either. Not really one of the "DIE YOU FILTHY HIPPIE" crowd, myself.

However, I can appreciate a good misdirection and (why not?) some artful trolling. Sometimes, I think that's exactly the kind of thing that keeps a product (be it a TV series, a movie, a book, a comic, whatever) fresh in the collective memory of the consuming public.

Nevertheless, Gubaba seems to be indirectly implying that the producers are sort-of-lightly-indirectly trolling a certain percentage of fandom. I find it funny, myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Would you agree that ALL good storytelling "manipulates people's emotional equilibrium"?
I would, yes. But you're the one who supplied the quote, as regards a definition of what a troll does, not me.
And being manipulative is only so good if it's subtle. Heavy pandering detracts from a product, most of the time.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, military, movie, romance, science fiction, song

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.