AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-05-01, 16:47   Link #1881
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

People don't voluntarily enrol in a school where they aren't allowed to take a bus to go shopping.

Also, if criminals target law enforcers, why isn't every squad car armored?
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 18:09   Link #1882
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Man this is one of the best discussions yet for HnA

I said it before, and it's worth repeating. These kids aren't soldiers, so there's no way they are going to get that special treatment. As far as I can tell, these kids aren't conscripted and enroll at their own will: are we to believe these kids need to be babysitted every where they go? For the love of Aria, they're detectives, armed ones at that, the risks come with the job, and a suicide bus is just as much a cheap shot at a Butei as if someone were to just snipe a headshot at them from high up somewhere. How was one supposed to know the bus was a risk, just as much as knowing a snipe shot is just as unpredictable. What was that talk earlier about weeding out the weak?

If anything, I call up the Island's security again. Pond Security in Germany will be more than happy to guard the Island's entrances and check your trunk, undercarriage, engine and I.D. To me that's a more viable solution than needlessly armoring a bus that, for all intents and purposes, in my time observing the USA Metrolink from the inside, it's not always the same bus on the same route, and that'd mean armoring every silly bus out there.

And a Bradley's compartment inside is not to be overestimated. I've been inside the A1 model (before the TOW attachment), and not only do I have to bend over, hardly enough room inside and no windows that's like recommending the Russian BMP1 for toddlers; that vehicle was shorter than me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Who cares about her chest! I am just making it pervertically correct with Tron terminology!
Blast you! What's with my hidden messages being so easily figured out nowadays

Quote:
It is obvious that the amount of explosive the size of my waifu's (Riko) chest can- *gets blown up by a sudden explosion*
*slowly walks away with the explosion behind his back*

What?!? You're saying Riko has a more dynamite body compared to my Aria? Are you saying her body is as hot as Napalm?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 18:19   Link #1883
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Riko is... black napalm to me.

Yeeeaaah...
Old 2011-05-01, 18:46   Link #1884
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Riko is... black napalm to me.

Yeeeaaah...
Oh yeah? Well... my Aria's twintails are as long as... *puts on sunglasses* Bangalore Torpedo's.

Yeaaaaaaah!

Get it? Bangalore Torpedo, as in clearing "obstacles", such as Riko's big ones? *gets hit by a tactical nuke*

*clears throat* I've been wondering, when Reki shot the bomb off the bus, wouldn't it have been funny if it didn't fall into the drink, but stayed on the bridge instead?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 18:57   Link #1885
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
People don't voluntarily enrol in a school where they aren't allowed to take a bus to go shopping.

Also, if criminals target law enforcers, why isn't every squad car armored?
Now you can tell that some vehicles here have reinforcement. You can see a battering ram on some vehicles here.

The school is isolated for public safety prob. Most school buses here are private company owned. It looked like they were the only school students on that bus. They prob walk to the closest shopping area and not take a bus.
Old 2011-05-01, 20:31   Link #1886
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 21:01   Link #1887
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Just watched episode 3.

Reki's slow motion snipe, was pretty cool. Aria was so cute in the arcade.

I'm thinking Aria might be the Butei-killer. Everything seem to be computerized so just programming the machines to do wouldn't be hard. The reason why I think Aria might be the Butei-killer is how she knew where the bus was headed. she said it was instinct but that seems suspicious. Could the Butei-killer be arrested but Aria just setting up the bus-jack to get Kinji to be her partner?
Old 2011-05-01, 21:12   Link #1888
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Just watched episode 3.

Reki's slow motion snipe, was pretty cool. Aria was so cute in the arcade.

I'm thinking Aria might be the Butei-killer. Everything seem to be computerized so just programming the machines to do wouldn't be hard. The reason why I think Aria might be the Butei-killer is how she knew where the bus was headed. she said it was instinct but that seems suspicious. Could the Butei-killer be arrested but Aria just setting up the bus-jack to get Kinji to be her partner?
Somehow I'm doubting that theory. I really don't think Aria is such a good actor that she could be shocked at Hysteria Mode in the first episode. Besides think her pride wouldn't let her take such a secretive approach to recruiting Kinji. Now forcing her way into his house and pushing is more her style. Aria is a character that works off her instincts so I don't think there is anything that odd in her being right about which way the bus was going.
Old 2011-05-01, 22:02   Link #1889
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Has Aria been alone fighting all this time and just wanted someone as strong as her to be by her side?
remember the report Riko made about Aria? 99 Mission complete and it's all been done alone. And her name Aria implies her works as well. She's been traveling around the world. Working alone and finding a partner by her side.
Old 2011-05-02, 00:06   Link #1890
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
There seems to be a wackjob guy on MAL who prefers violent "tsun-tsun" Aria over moe "dere-dere" Aria.
Who in their right mind....
Any thoughts on this?
I prefer the sweet"dere-dere" Aria-chan. While tsun-tsun can be amusing, (side-glance at avatar XD) beating up Kin-chan can make her a bit unlikable to me. I want her to be nice to him like at the arcade.

All "tsun" and no "dere", a tsundere does not make.
Old 2011-05-02, 00:18   Link #1891
Xacual

I'm looking forward to some of the Aria dere moments that will come later though more looking forward to the Shirayuki yandere moments.

We should get some really good ones unless they tone them done but they actually made the one in ep 2 worse because in the novels after being told everything was ok she smiled and left, not stare soullessly into the room as the door closed.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 00:20   Link #1892
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
There seems to be a wackjob guy on MAL who prefers violent "tsun-tsun" Aria over moe "dere-dere" Aria.
Who in their right mind....
Any thoughts on this?
I prefer the sweet"dere-dere" Aria-chan. While tsun-tsun can be amusing, (side-glance at avatar XD) beating up Kin-chan can make her a bit unlikable to me. I want her to be nice to him like at the arcade.

All "tsun" and no "dere", a tsundere does not make.
so he likes the all tsun type? maybe that guy is a fan of Kirino too and Mio-sama. His an M! I tell you M!!!!!

Tsundere are cute because its a mix if tsun and dere. It won't be tsundere anymore if it's pure one side.

Plus Aria.... is a lot lovely when she's being herself... honest and cute.
Old 2011-05-02, 00:55   Link #1893
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I finally watched episode three and I'm in agreement with a lot of the opinions expressed already: the Speed rip-off felt out of place, the pacing was just horrible, and the final scene in the hospital needed another couple of passes of QC. All in all, a pretty poor episode that shows exactly what a "budget" episode is.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 01:13   Link #1894
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Tsundere are cute because its a mix if tsun and dere. It won't be tsundere anymore if it's pure one side.
Agreed. When all you have is "tsun", she is nothing but a violent, selfish domineering lioness who will tear you apart for daring to insinuate she is weak in any way.

Which is why Kirino does of Ore No Imouto Wa Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai does not live up to her "cute" title until Episode 11.

Aria-chan, on the other hand, is not afraid to be gentle and vulnerable when showing gratitude (the Lion Stuffed-Toy scene comes to mind), and that is quite endearing.
Old 2011-05-02, 05:49   Link #1895
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I finally watched episode three and I'm in agreement with a lot of the opinions expressed already: the Speed rip-off felt out of place, the pacing was just horrible, and the final scene in the hospital needed another couple of passes of QC. All in all, a pretty poor episode that shows exactly what a "budget" episode is.
Wait- I don't get it, what was so out of place about the Speed thing
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 06:14   Link #1896
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait- I don't get it, what was so out of place about the Speed thing
it's just they feel that it's been overused even though that scene fits the category from how the butei killer works
Old 2011-05-02, 06:24   Link #1897
Dahak86
Classics never age

well, they better get the "killer" fast, because I dunno what my reaction will be to another speed-like scenario...
Old 2011-05-02, 06:43   Link #1898
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
well, they better get the "killer" fast, because I dunno what my reaction will be to another speed-like scenario...
Just refocus on the female cast, and think about the potential for C80 releases*, instead of the crappy action, unless you're also an american gun-freak

* since the lack of panty-shots, usually excites artists/circles' imagination
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 06:48   Link #1899
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post

* since the lack of panty-shots, usually excites artists/circles' imagination
this is rare. I thought panty shot drive those artist to work more. That's why I thought the reason for lack of fan arts.
Old 2011-05-02, 06:55   Link #1900
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Fan-art is very different from a whole doujinshi release. The first is just a single drawing, done in a couple of hours for amateurs, while the second requires at least a story hook, several panels (practically separate drawings), and placement... which ends up taking months
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere