AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-03, 07:41   Link #1161
Riki
ランダム王
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
i personally enjoy the harem antics

and that, sir, is a very good idea
Thanks ...this series is fun but its made with to little bad guys. the only baddies can only be phantom task or tabane........well in tabane case its maybe to get chifuyu get on a IS ..who knows maybe chifuyu blames herself because of ichika capture and tabane wants to fix that by sending soo many droids till the academy cant handle it .....well who knows == at first i thought V7 would be serious since ichiko got shot at V6 but oh well~
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 08:03   Link #1162
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
houki getting drunk HAS to be a running gag now

it just has to

i will learn japanese in 2 seconds and fly to japan to buy the books if that happens

now where is kyubey when you need someone to grant a wish :/

then again becoming a mahou shonnen doesn't sound too good
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 08:25   Link #1163
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
even if somehow the plot gets fixed, if the protagonist doesn't get fixed, it wouldn't matter.

@Da_Box
the best time to learning Japanese.......................................... ... is to start now.
__________________

Last edited by larethian; 2011-05-03 at 09:31.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 09:18   Link #1164
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Time to continue the summary, it seems it has to be continued in another post along with the epilogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 1 summary:


Spoiler for chapter 2:


Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 3:


Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 4 part 1:

Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 4 part 2:


Enjoy. I'll try to finish this tomorrow.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-05-03 at 11:22. Reason: adding summary
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 09:26   Link #1165
Ypocaramel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Thanks. I'll be reading the summaries regardless.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 11:54   Link #1166
zeroknight03
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
After shouting like that, Houki timely arrives after recovering from the effect of the big explosion. She then said that one of the golem has already run out of shield energy because of Tatenashi's attack and cut that golem in two.
Just to clarify the order of the events

-There are 5 golems
-3 are handled by Rin+Cecilia, Laura+Charlotte and Forte+Daryl
-Houki + Tatenashi handle [Golem 4], Ichika+Kanzashi handle [Golem 5]
-Tatenashi uses Mysteltainn Spear on Golem 4 and causes a huge explosion
-Ichika comes to check on them, gets grabbed by Golem 4
-Kanzashi runs to where Tatenashi is to check, finds Tatenashi injured, goes berserk on Golem 5 until her cannons runs empty
-Ichika gets thrown by Golem 4 towards Kanzashi, Kanzashi gives up
-Tatenashi blocks Golem 4's attack using her body (or was it Golem 5?)
-Houki appears and cuts down Golem 4 because its shield energy is empty due to Tatenashi's attack
-Houki goes to check Ichika's condition but is attacked by Golem 5 and Ichika goes to help her

Did I get it right?

On a different note, I really like how the enemies now have abilities that negate the shields and how that little sense of danger makes the battle experience better. It's particularly good because Houki has mastered Kenran Butou which can just regenerate hers and Ichika's shields.
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 16:35   Link #1167
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Time to continue the summary, it seems it has to be continued in another post along with the epilogue.



Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 4 part 2:


Enjoy. I'll try to finish this tomorrow.
Thanks for you summaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
They cut out the explanation why Cecilia hate man in the first place in anime, and for me, that's what make her look bipolar in the anime instead of a teenage girl falling in love.
I love how you say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
you're absolutely right

culture fest -> going with ran -> harem finds out -> harem antics -> culture fest -> enemy interruption -> fight -> save the day -> harem antics

did i basically spoil volume 8?

we'll see
Prettyt much all the IS stories' structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Let me make this clear first, in case someone decides to point the finger at me. When I compared IS to TAMnI, what I compared is 'how long did it take for the story to develop', not the story itself, so I'm out.
I'm also to blame...sorry.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 23:17   Link #1168
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroknight03 View Post
Just to clarify the order of the events

-There are 5 golems
-3 are handled by Rin+Cecilia, Laura+Charlotte and Forte+Daryl
-Houki + Tatenashi handle [Golem 4], Ichika+Kanzashi handle [Golem 5]
-Tatenashi uses Mysteltainn Spear on Golem 4 and causes a huge explosion
-Ichika comes to check on them, gets grabbed by Golem 4
-Kanzashi runs to where Tatenashi is to check, finds Tatenashi injured, goes berserk on Golem 5 until her cannons runs empty
-Ichika gets thrown by Golem 4 towards Kanzashi, Kanzashi gives up
-Tatenashi blocks Golem 4's attack using her body (or was it Golem 5?)
-Houki appears and cuts down Golem 4 because its shield energy is empty due to Tatenashi's attack
-Houki goes to check Ichika's condition but is attacked by Golem 5 and Ichika goes to help her

Did I get it right?

On a different note, I really like how the enemies now have abilities that negate the shields and how that little sense of danger makes the battle experience better. It's particularly good because Houki has mastered Kenran Butou which can just regenerate hers and Ichika's shields.
Yep. You got that right. I'm also not sure who stabs Tatenashi, golem 4 or 5. Have to check my copy again, not that it matters anyway :P.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 00:31   Link #1169
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Prettyt much all the IS stories' structure.
and just when i thought i was a newtype...

jk

on another note:

THAT FIGHT MUST BE ANIMATED

I WILL DEFINITELY EAT A KITTEN AND PUNCH A BABY IF IT DOESN'T >:[[[[[[[

lol
__________________

Last edited by Masuzu; 2011-05-04 at 01:09.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 01:42   Link #1170
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
I'm talking about greater conspiracies by countries, which surprisingly, is extremely lacking in this series. We know for certain that the countries are not at the best of terms with one another. I would find it hard to believe that there would be no attempt by black-ops forces of other nations to attack one and other, they can always steal research material from the IS Academy. Furthermore, there can be plenty of other conspiracies within IS Academy as well. Given it's status as a research facility non-binding to many of the Alaska Treaty's terms, there can be a number of dark research. The author exploited non of those possibilities. In addition, what the light novel is depicting right now, is about a random bloke called Ichika who constantly gets attacked. There were no attempts to track his attackers, neither were there efforts to exploit Ichika's non-binding status to the Alaska Treaty to get him into some action outside the IS Academy.The whole series just does not have any unexpected twists.
Going back onto the Valkyrie Trace system, the LN version did say it was made by a German Black Op unit, and that Tabane herself stepped in and crushed the base. When Chifuyu phoned Tabane 2 hours later Tabane said she was the one that "erased that base from the face of the Earth", and that she's not the one that put the VT system in Laura's machine - her handiwork isn't that crude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
They cut out the explanation why Cecilia hate man in the first place in anime, and for me, that's what make her look bipolar in the anime instead of a teenage girl falling in love.



Agreed completely. The imouto-san is still believable, but the onee-chan was just so awkward that it feels out of place.



It's one thing to master close quarter combat, it's another thing to head charge into battle without thinking when you have an OHKO weapon. I know he wants to show his manliness, but I wish he would think with his brain a bit. You have an extra powerful weapon with limited ammo, would you attack first and risking it miss instead of sending decoys(his harems) to occupy the enemy and you strike when the enemy least expect it? It's many against one so far for God's sake, not one against many. He's not using his friends to the fullest.

Not to mention he now has Setsura. Use Setsura first while looking for a full opening before attacking with Yukihira dang it! And use the skill you have learned to evade enemy attack instead of taking them and reducing your shield energy unless you're almost completely certain you'll hit them. It's tiring seeing him not have enough energy all the time from recklessly using Yukihira or getting hit. It's very understandable for the first few battle, but to do it all the time? That's just stupid.
1) good point about Cecilia, I forgot about that.

2)supposedly the onee-san fell for Ichika because he patched up the relationship between her and her imouto. Next volume if she suddenly gets ahead of even Houki I'll probably drop this series, she's already the one that's furtherst ahead in terms of physical appeal in Ichika's eyes (ref Vol5)...

3)Fair enough about the 'master close combat =/= charging blindly at opponent' - but I disagree with the Setsura bit. Using the 2nd shift mode should take up more energy right? Won't staying in that mode just reduce his energy anyway?

Besides, Ichika not having enough shield energy was something built into Byakushiki if I'm not mistaken - it gives a reason for Akatsubaki to exist anyway and builds more Houki+Ichika moments.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 02:37   Link #1171
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Won't staying in that mode just reduce his energy anyway?
having yukihara in beam saber mode drains energy

just having setsura float around won't hurt

besides, the energy sheild setsura gives is damn useful
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 02:54   Link #1172
Ypocaramel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
THAT FIGHT MUST BE ANIMATED

I WILL DEFINITELY EAT A KITTEN AND PUNCH A BABY IF IT DOESN'T >:[[[[[[[

lol
Just keep buying IS and ignoring the debate of whether it's any good or not
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 03:07   Link #1173
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
3)Fair enough about the 'master close combat =/= charging blindly at opponent' - but I disagree with the Setsura bit. Using the 2nd shift mode should take up more energy right? Won't staying in that mode just reduce his energy anyway?

Besides, Ichika not having enough shield energy was something built into Byakushiki if I'm not mistaken - it gives a reason for Akatsubaki to exist anyway and builds more Houki+Ichika moments.
Hmmm.... I don't remember how much Setsura take Byaku Shiki energy when used in long range mode, but that's a good point. I'm pretty sure it use much less energy then Yukihira though since so far, the reason his IS energy drained out has always been usage of Reiryaku Byakuya, not Setsura.

About your 2nd point, indeed, lack of energy when using Reiryaku Byakuya was the basic defect of that ultra hax weapon. Even so, unlike when he first use it, Ichika already know the characteristic of Reiryaku Byakuya by now. He really shouldn't charge blindly and use Reiryaku Byakuya on low percentage hit. If I have an OHKO weapon that only one round, I would certainly wait till the enemy less expect it by using my friends as decoy before I shoot it, not use it as a first option.

Besides, even without recharging Ichika's energy, Kenran Butou already has its own use by now since Aka-tsubaki basically doesn't have enough energy to be used effectively without utilizing Kenran Butou(specified in vol 6) so that's not a good reason to use the "Ichika miss when using Reiryaku Byakuya stupidly so he needs a recharge" card every time.

I really think Ichika should uses his brain and create a better chance before he uses Reiryaku Byakuya and ends up low on energy instead of charging ahead like he has been up till the latest volume.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 03:32   Link #1174
FreedmAngl
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
and just when i thought i was a newtype...

jk

on another note:

THAT FIGHT MUST BE ANIMATED

I WILL DEFINITELY EAT A KITTEN AND PUNCH A BABY IF IT DOESN'T >:[[[[[[[

lol
will you punch the creator of the song baby? cause then i'd go and threaten the author of IS
FreedmAngl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 04:12   Link #1175
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
I really think Ichika should uses his brain and create a better chance before he uses Reiryaku Byakuya and ends up low on energy instead of charging ahead like he has been up till the latest volume.
i think the reason he has such an energy problem is that he puts yukihara in beam sabre mode right away

that's why he ran out of energy in his fight with cecilia, and so on...
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 05:30   Link #1176
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
i think the reason he has such an energy problem is that he puts yukihara in beam sabre mode right away

that's why he ran out of energy in his fight with cecilia, and so on...
Exactly, hence my "use his brain more" comment. It's just stupid to use an one ammo weapon on the first move when the enemy hasn't been staggered yet. There's more chance for him to miss than not, especially if the enemy knows the property of his weapon.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 05:37   Link #1177
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Exactly, hence my "use his brain more" comment. It's just stupid to use an one ammo weapon on the first move when the enemy hasn't been staggered yet. There's more chance for him to miss than not, especially if the enemy knows the property of his weapon.
i don't know what is so difficult about

use blunt sword -> distract target -> get close -> surprise -> beam saber mode -> ??? -> PROFIT
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 08:51   Link #1178
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Finishing summary so I can continue translating tomorrow(Hopefully).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 1 summary:


Spoiler for chapter 2:


Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 3:


Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 4 part 1:


Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 4 part 2:
Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 4 and epilogue:


That's all of the summary. Some part might be missed, some important part might also not be told enough, but I'm sure that I did okay for the summary XD. Anyone who already read the novel, feel free to add something if there's something you think is important that I left out in the summary ^_^.

Hope you enjoy it. I can't guarantee I will make vol 8 summary since I will drop this if it still follows the same pattern again, but I will still answer question regarding vol 8 after it come out and I get my hand on it ^_^.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-05-04 at 10:58.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 10:39   Link #1179
Ypocaramel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Spoiler for Love, FMP TSR OVA:
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 10:40   Link #1180
zeroknight03
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The missiles barrage from Yama Arashi manage to stall the golem at first, but the golem concentrate some power into its hand and fires of an ultra high density heat wave to the defenseless-from-controlling-the-lock-on-system Kanzashi. Luckily, Houki managed to block that heat wave, and when she tries to attack the golem, a crossbow like weapon is suddenly released from Aka-tsubaki's back. An automatic explanation system informs about the crossbow, Ugachi, but because it took too long, Houki just jump straight to use it without waiting the explanation to finish. By using Ugachi, who release a high density beam energy, Houki manage to blow away the Golem's left hand.
I know you guys already talked about how Houki just destroyed the left hand, that she was actually aiming for it and that it's probably just one of those moments where the guy with incredible power needs to hold back to let the others have their moment to shine.

However, I still can't help but try to think of a reason why it's just the left hand though. You would think destroying the core is the best choice. Was the golem firing those heat waves from the left hand? Was it charging a follow-up attack at that moment so Houki thought of disarming it first just to be sure? Was Ugachi a proton cannon type of attack (huge beam) or was it a concentrated laser (high density sure but a huge beam can also have high density) so she can't just blast away the whole body?

It just made me curious. But then again, having her get the finishing blow on both golems and leave without any injuries is an overkill so they put in that teamwork moment in the end.
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, seinen, shounen, yuuki homura

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.