AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-05-08, 14:41   Link #21
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
I have to agree with the above. I was very surprised by how well they pulled it off with this one. Most other Marvel movies tended to be overdramatized, particularly Spiderman and X-men. This movie is pretty much on par with the first Ironman movie in terms of quality of story. That being said, I'm not sure if they can do something of similar level in the next one.

Also, I didn't wait after the credits this time
I like it better than ironman. Not to said that ironman was bad. I think this one was (in my opinion) the best of the recent superhero movies.
Old 2011-05-08, 14:44   Link #22
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I like it better than ironman. Not to said that ironman was bad. I think this one was (in my opinion) the best of the recent superhero movies.
Probably, there was more character development on Thor's side compared to Ironman (who remained a douche throughout the second movie as well ). The characters interacted really well with each other here too.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 14:57   Link #23
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well I gotta say they did my favorite hero justice.

Loved this film.

The story adaption was very loyal to the comics, aside from Donald Blake (which is understandable) and most all the actors fit the roles perfectly. They did a good job picking actors for the warriors 3 and just staying tru to character personalities and looks. I had a great liking for Tome Hiddleston as Loki.

Case in point, being a huge Thor fan I thought they did the comics justice and I vastly enjoyed this flick. Up there with Ironman as my favorite super hero film.

Oh and the music was fantastic as well, although it would have been interesting to see them add more of a nordic feel to the music.
Old 2011-05-08, 15:06   Link #24
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
My theater was PACKED for this movie. Seriously, I haven't seen a movie this packed in my area since Avatar. I managed to get a seat, but only because it was a a seat nobody wanted; behind a very tall guy whose head partially blocked my view of the screen. >.>

And I certainly believe it was worth the hype. I'd say I liked Iron Man 1 a bit better, but this was still really good. (it was corny in a few places, but meh ) Everybody in the thater kept laughing at the humor too, especially the mini-running gag of hitting Thor with a car.

One thing they didn't stick to the comics with was Thor's helmet. But I can't say I missed the (rather dorky-ish-looking) winged helmet. In fact, I liked Thor's new overall look much better.

And the Hawkeye cameo was nice. One year 'til The Avengers! (I love how the end of the credits specifically advertises Thor's return for it )

And while there was an epilogue after the credits, it didn't allude to any new superhero movies like the Iron Man epilogues did.
Old 2011-05-08, 15:21   Link #25
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And while there was an epilogue after the credits, it didn't allude to any new superhero movies like the Iron Man epilogues did.
Really?
Spoiler for Epilogue:

Anyway, I loved the movie. Definitely agree with it being up there with the first Iron Man.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 17:10   Link #26
Irkalla
I asked for this

Watched the movie yesterday and was utterly disappointed. Characters were extremely poorly developed, no interesting action scenes, boring villains, don't even get me started on the cliché "love story"...Honestly, the only redeeming thing in the movie is shirtless Thor and the two comedy scenes. There is no feeling at all, not for the characters, no intrigue in the action scenes, nothing. It's shallow and bland like hell. It didn't feel like the characters were struggling at all, that bit of Thor almost dying - so fake. Definitely one of the weakest action hero movies out there, I dare say even Batman & Robin is better than this, at least it has some comedy value.
Old 2011-05-08, 17:29   Link #27
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Really?
Spoiler for Epilogue:
Ah, to be honest my Marvel knowlegde isn't as good as my DC knowledge.
Old 2011-05-08, 17:35   Link #28
james0246

Not being aware of this thread, I posted my review here.

That being said, here's some fun pictures of opening night fans .

In other news, Thor opens at 66$ million over the weekend (not counting its 250$ million worldwide take). These are damn good numbers for a character, that while A-List in the Marvel universe, has never had a large appeal beyond the comic fans.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 18:28   Link #29
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Not being aware of this thread, I posted my review here.

That being said, here's some fun pictures of opening night fans .

In other news, Thor opens at 66$ million over the weekend (not counting its 250$ million worldwide take). These are damn good numbers for a character, that while A-List in the Marvel universe, has never had a large appeal beyond the comic fans.
I think the appeal for non-comic fans was Hemsworth, simple fact "he is one handsome bugger"

On a side note I don't know why I'm surprised at Fast Five doing so well.
I know people would go watch it but yet still I regard the series as poor even tho I love it
Old 2011-05-09, 11:31   Link #30
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Never read the Thor comics so I don't know much.

Watched this like a few weeks ago (since it aired earlier over here), I'm going to give it a 7/10. I liked Ironman more but that's not to say Thor wasn't entertaining. It was very entertaining, it was hilarious at times and it did its job and introduced the characters well. It just doesn't feel like a proper entry to Thor's story in itself. Does that make any sense? In a way the story felt kind of rushed and forcefully told in order to rush him in on time with the Avengers movie. I know that might not be the case, but it just felt that way to me. The characters were great though, Natalie Portman was pretty funny so was her side kick, and Chris Hemsworth is a great Thor (at least I completley believe him to be a retarded Norse god). Wanted to see more of Tom Hiddleston, but I felt like his character didn't shine as much as he could have.

In a way this felt like Ironman 2, which also felt like filler for me. Like they made that movie just to introduce Black Widow and WarMachine in time for Avengers.

Anyway, with where they left the movie at,
Spoiler for ending:

I also find it a bit hard to believe Thor is in the same universe as Ironman, it feels very fantasy...I know they tried to make it as sci-fi as Thor can possibly can...but it's still very fantasy (where as Ironman tries to be as...fake-realistic as possible...and he's not invincible like Thor is right now). Thor is also so extremely powerful compared to Ironman right now.

With all that said, I still am excited for Avengers, and I hope Captain America would do well or better than Thor (I'm actually much more excited for him right now). I hope marvel can pull it off.
Old 2011-05-09, 12:37   Link #31
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Watched the movie yesterday and was utterly disappointed. Characters were extremely poorly developed, no interesting action scenes, boring villains, don't even get me started on the cliché "love story"...Honestly, the only redeeming thing in the movie is shirtless Thor and the two comedy scenes. There is no feeling at all, not for the characters, no intrigue in the action scenes, nothing. It's shallow and bland like hell. It didn't feel like the characters were struggling at all, that bit of Thor almost dying - so fake. Definitely one of the weakest action hero movies out there, I dare say even Batman & Robin is better than this, at least it has some comedy value.
As much as I hate to agree....I agree. The story was the weakest part of this movie IMO. The way Thor turns repentant just wasn't convincing at all; the action scenes were just a big "meh" throughout. There were some nice humour here and there and I particularly liked the look of Asgard; but these couldn't redeem this movie from being just another forgettable actioner you see so much nowadays.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 16:49   Link #32
Samari
World's Greatest

This movie was very entertaining. Definitely enjoyed it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote