AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-10, 22:28   Link #61
Darthtabby
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Short answer, yes.

But, you need a reason to be angry. The Zentran denizens of Frontier had little to no reason to be aggressive. Then again, these Zentrans are probably what you call domesticated Zentrans.

However, as indicated in Frontier, there are Zentrans who prefer their old lifestyle, a soldier's life in battle fleets, as opposed to colonial fleets.

During Space War I, the Zentradi were created not only to be giants, but had their DNA reconfigured in macro form to be more aggressive, and prone to combat. When micloned, changes to their DNA were retracted, but this process was imperfect, thus resulting in a variety of changes depending on the individual.

In the case of Guld, it probably resulted in 0 changes.

- Tak
I suppose this is what I get for concentrating so much on Frontier and only watching the earlier stuff like once or twice each for the most part. I guess it kind of skews my perspective on the franchise a bit.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 05:04   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
The impression I get (I haven't found any proof yet, alas) is that the "new" scenes in the movie were there originally, and thus are actually "old" scenes. I don't think those scenes were actually animated until after the OVA was completed, though.
So they gave Guld a shitty death scene on purpose because the movie was going to have an awesome one to make up for it..... okay... I watched the Maboroshi Studio's Information High AMV (Maboroshi and Caldwell were easily the best AMV makers back than) before I saw Plus in OVA form, to say I was "disappointed" in the OVA version of Guld's sacrifice compared to what I saw in the AMV (the movie version) would be an understatement.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:01   Link #63
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So they gave Guld a shitty death scene on purpose because the movie was going to have an awesome one to make up for it..... okay... I watched the Maboroshi Studio's Information High AMV (Maboroshi and Caldwell were easily the best AMV makers back than) before I saw Plus in OVA form, to say I was "disappointed" in the OVA version of Guld's sacrifice compared to what I saw in the AMV (the movie version) would be an understatement.
It wasn't shitty when I saw it before the movie came out...

Anyway, the movie was WRITTEN before the OVA...that doesn't mean it was STORYBOARDED or ANIMATED before the OVA.
__________________
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 08:13   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Anyway, the movie was WRITTEN before the OVA...that doesn't mean it was STORYBOARDED or ANIMATED before the OVA.
Duh... why do you think I did the sarcastic "okay....." or do I need to add a after every sarcastic comment. Don't forget you're the person saying The impression I get (I haven't found any proof yet, alas) is that the "new" scenes in the movie were there originally, and thus are actually "old" scenes.

It's pretty obvious they wanted to improve Guld's sacrifice from the OVA version, not that it was how it may have been originally and thus is "old" lol.

And Guld's scene in the OVA had impact for what he realized, what he did and the impact it had on his friends, but the execution of the scene was always lacking, and the movie version trumped it as easily as Street Fighter II outdid Street Fighter. Of course having seen the Movie version first means I'll always have bias, but looking @ it objectively it doesn't change things at all.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 08:54   Link #65
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Duh... why do you think I did the sarcastic "okay....." or do I need to add a after every sarcastic comment.
Okay...you say I misinterpreted you, and then you go ahead and misinterpret me. The irony tastes bitter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Don't forget you're the person saying The impression I get (I haven't found any proof yet, alas) is that the "new" scenes in the movie were there originally, and thus are actually "old" scenes.
Duh...do I need to add a footnote saying "WRITTEN, not STORYBOARDED and ANIMATED" here, coupled with another footnote saying, "And anyone who has seen a general anime script will be able to tell you that details like Guld's death will not be present in the script, which is primarily dialogue, but worked out at the storyboard stage"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's pretty obvious they wanted to improve Guld's sacrifice from the OVA version, not that it was how it may have been originally and thus is "old" lol.
lol, indeed.

It's pretty common knowledge that the movie version was written first. If you want to argue that that it wasn't, though, be my guest.
__________________
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 10:58   Link #66
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
At last the unwanted UST passes on from me to Wes. Go get him, tiger!
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 11:09   Link #67
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
At last the unwanted UST passes on from me to Wes. Go get him, tiger!
Thanks a lot for making me spit out my drink in a fit of laughter. ()

Also...aside from Voices, Wanna Be an Angel is my second favorite. Third would be Idol Talk (Can you feel my juices around your rock hard BEEP! ).

And after a casual rewatch (I think about two months ago or so), I still think Isamu and Lucy had more chemistry. (Then again, I just have a soft spot for the girls in the deck/bridges...except Meyrin.)
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 11:16   Link #68
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
At last the unwanted UST passes on from me to Wes. Go get him, tiger!
Hey, I'm just responding to him in the same tone in which he addressed me. And I'm being much nicer than he was during the whole "Hey, if you ignore 75% of his works, then half of Kawamori's endings are BITTERSWEET!!" idiocy.
__________________
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 11:50   Link #69
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Hey, I'm just responding to him in the same tone in which he addressed me. And I'm being much nicer than he was during the whole "Hey, if you ignore 75% of his works, then half of Kawamori's endings are BITTERSWEET!!" idiocy.
When in doubt, eat:



Please continue.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 12:56   Link #70
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Hmmm... popcorn.

I'm sorry, what were we arguing about this time, again? I got... distracted. *munch*
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 23:21   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Hey, I'm just responding to him in the same tone in which he addressed me. And I'm being much nicer than he was during the whole "Hey, if you ignore 75% of his works, then half of Kawamori's endings are BITTERSWEET!!" idiocy.
The only stupid thing about that was counting shows without romances lol. "hey man, there was no bittersweet romantic ending in this kids detective show, this other kids show, this film he based on a dead poet or this short he was doing for a festival so you're wrong lol" Why would you even include shows without a romantic theme in that discussion? The point was he does bittersweet endings for his romances a lot (something you got your panties into a bunch because you saw it as criticism of your precious Kawamori, who you won't let nobody call a troll ) listing these shows without a focus on romance is not countering that point at all.

The entire point of me even bringing up that bittersweet thing is that Ranka fans were claiming it was a bittersweet ending because Kawamori didn't want to do the AxS pairing, because you were pissed off @ Tak and Magnus calling Kawamori a troll (oh no!) in some thread I didn't even fucking read you latched onto the bittersweet argument. Bringing up shows that pre dated M+ (he's done far more work since) and shows without romantic themes (why?) sure showed me And now you wanna talk slick in other threads, smh.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-05-28 at 23:37.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.